Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2010, 15:39   #331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCH
I saw the new Wagon R on road and tailed it for some time, just from the looks point of view. Its an UGLY DUCKLING. I mean it is worse than the earlier model.
Agree. I liked the looks of the older WagonR much more. Looks like it is a Suzuki trait to screw up looks of cars with every design change. Eg. old Zen, WagonR, M800 etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn
The only drawback I found was the lack of torque in 2nd gear. It feels okay if you are starting from standstill and moving up the gears. In case you have to slow down in traffic from say 4 to 2, then there is a lack of power while from pulling away in 2nd gear upto a certain rpm.
Exact same thing noticed by me in Estilo K-series and mentioned in another thread. Is this common to all the 1-litre K-series ? Will be checking out the A-star tomorrow and then would know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case
The first fill was till cutoff and second fill was till tankful , hence the FE figure posted here might be off by about 2 Km/L.
Wrong way to measure - I won't be surprised if the figures are off by more than 2kmpl - depends on how many litres went in between cutoff and tank-fill.
Old 3rd July 2010, 13:58   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Can any one pls give me contact source/mail of maruti .My friend has booked a wagon-r vxi on 24may the promised date of delivery was 25 jun.Now the delear is saying it will be sometime next month and he is not ready to give an exact date of delivery.What he says is that there was a lock out in maruti factory because of some strike
Neither the SA ,CCM nor the maruti regional sales officer is responding to the calls.
Pls anyone can give me contact details of Maruti officials where i can escalate the issue.

Last edited by bullboy : 3rd July 2010 at 14:12.
Old 8th July 2010, 11:16   #333
BHPian

Guys, finally inspite of all my reservations w.r.t the plastic quality (broken cup holders / broken electric ORVM switch), I have been convinced by my friends that the Wagon R is a better option to pick as a second car for city use.

The car's (or do I call it a MAV ?) mainly going to be driven by my wife and main usage would be in city, probably occasional intercity use (30 km). For any longer drives the Ford's keys are always available to her :-)

I'd like to upgrade the tyres on the vehicle when I receive it, was wondering if anyone has already upgraded the VXi tyres to 165 width tyres (considering that it already comes with 155 upgraded tyres compared to the LXi's 145 width tyres.) The 155 tyres are too puny in my opinion, even for a car meant for city use.
Old 9th July 2010, 21:35   #334
BHPian

Guys, finally picked up the white WagonR VXi today. Overall am satisfied with the car from the city car perspective. A few grouches though.

1. No bottle holders for the doors, especially the rear doors which the children always use for keeping their bottle holders.
2. The stereo doesn't work without the key in ACC mode.
3. I feel the low beam of the car doesn't give sufficient illumination.
4. Sound quality of the stereo is average.
5. Gaps between the hood and the front left/right body panels.
6. No dead pedal (Sorely miss that on my Ford too).
7. Tyres feel puny and definitely need to be upsized.
8. No light in the glove box and the boot.
9. Bad plastic quality for the cup holders.
10. Door plastic, OMG when you pull the door handle from inside to close it, the panel actually moves inwards a bit.. LoL what was MIL thinking ? Interior door panels need to be solidly built.

Other than the above negatives, I didn't find any other issues for now and I feel it fits the usage of a city car just right. I also feel the VXi is a value for money car based on the specs of what you get with it.

Just drove a few km today since we got delivery late evening. Shall post more in a day or two.
Old 10th July 2010, 11:48   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Agree. I liked the looks of the older WagonR much more. Looks like it is a Suzuki trait to screw up looks of cars with every design change. Eg. old Zen, WagonR, M800 etc.

Exact same thing noticed by me in Estilo K-series and mentioned in another thread. Is this common to all the 1-litre K-series ? Will be checking out the A-star tomorrow and then would know.

Wrong way to measure - I won't be surprised if the figures are off by more than 2kmpl - depends on how many litres went in between cutoff and tank-fill.
Its quite evident in almost all 1-1.2 lt BS4 engines I think. Beat is another example, but it can be tackled to a certain extent by re mapping.
Old 14th July 2010, 17:22   #336
BHPian

Folks, does anyone know the default PIN code for the security system for the 2010 WagonR VXi ?

On page 2-11 of the manual it states "The default PIN will be provided by the dealer at the time of delivery. It is recommended to personalize the PIN for increased security."

It wasn't provided to me during delivery, and when I asked the dealer they said they didn't know.

Now if only I knew the default PIN.
Old 14th July 2010, 17:36   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Folks, does anyone know the default PIN code for the security system for the 2010 WagonR VXi ?

On page 2-11 of the manual it states "The default PIN will be provided by the dealer at the time of delivery. It is recommended to personalize the PIN for increased security."

It wasn't provided to me during delivery, and when I asked the dealer they said they didn't know.

Now if only I knew the default PIN.
I feel the security system is from Nipon India. You can call up their service helpline and get the issue solved.
Old 14th July 2010, 18:59   #338
BHPian

Folks, i had booked a wagon-r (white) vxi ( with abs/airbag) around a month back. And when i enquired right now, they again say a waiting period of 2 months! :-O. The dealer is Popular automobile, trivandrum. Any idea guys? Any reason for delay that i have to be worried about? Because i was told at the time of booking that i will get the car in a time of around 3 weeks!
Old 14th July 2010, 20:36   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
Folks, i had booked a wagon-r (white) vxi ( with abs/airbag) around a month back. And when i enquired right now, they again say a waiting period of 2 months! :-O. The dealer is Popular automobile, trivandrum. Any idea guys? Any reason for delay that i have to be worried about? Because i was told at the time of booking that i will get the car in a time of around 3 weeks!
Yup, believe that's the standard dialogue everywhere mate. With the amount of demand and the number of WR's they produce every month, I feel their QA has dropped through the ground. A lot of glitches here and there, and I wonder why their Quality Control guys don't catch it during production. Overall it's a decent city car, but with minor glitches here and there I wonder what Maruti was thinking. I'll post a full ownership report soon the moment I have a bit of time from my work schedule, but do check your car fully before registration. There's a pre-delivery inspection checklist somewhere on the T-bhp forum.
Old 14th July 2010, 21:15   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yup, believe that's the standard dialogue everywhere mate. With the amount of demand and the number of WR's they produce every month, I feel their QA has dropped through the ground. A lot of glitches here and there, and I wonder why their Quality Control guys don't catch it during production. Overall it's a decent city car, but with minor glitches here and there I wonder what Maruti was thinking. I'll post a full ownership report soon the moment I have a bit of time from my work schedule, but do check your car fully before registration. There's a pre-delivery inspection checklist somewhere on the T-bhp forum.
As rightly pointed out, it is imperative to use the PDI checklist. You know, it is always true of a brand new car, that the first few batches will have some small issues. It doesn't matter whether the car is a Tata or a Maruti
(Yet, when a car is brand new, there is the highest amount of excitement leading to more sales).
Old 14th July 2010, 22:15   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, finally picked up the white WagonR VXi today. Overall am satisfied with the car from the city car perspective. A few grouches though.

1. No bottle holders for the doors, especially the rear doors which the children always use for keeping their bottle holders.
2. The stereo doesn't work without the key in ACC mode.
3. I feel the low beam of the car doesn't give sufficient illumination.
4. Sound quality of the stereo is average.
5. Gaps between the hood and the front left/right body panels.
6. No dead pedal (Sorely miss that on my Ford too).
7. Tyres feel puny and definitely need to be upsized.
8. No light in the glove box and the boot.
9. Bad plastic quality for the cup holders.
10. Door plastic, OMG when you pull the door handle from inside to close it, the panel actually moves inwards a bit.. LoL what was MIL thinking ? Interior door panels need to be solidly built.

Other than the above negatives, I didn't find any other issues for now and I feel it fits the usage of a city car just right. I also feel the VXi is a value for money car based on the specs of what you get with it.

Just drove a few km today since we got delivery late evening. Shall post more in a day or two.

Folks for an update.
Addition to the above list, first the things I didn't like and I'll then proceed with the good points.
11. No day/night mirror, darn I miss this feature, will need to install an after market one. People buy a fully loaded vehicle so that they don't need to go around looking for these features, I wonder why Maruti skimped out on this. Infact it's one of the most important features for night driving, you realise when you use it.
12. Not sufficient storage area for the driver, I sorely miss the storage areas near the handbrake, especially in the center console, the ones Maruti has created are just sufficient to hold coins !
13. Rear wheel well/chamber, darn they didn't give it the standard plastic skirting inside the wheel well, infact the car has provision for it but Maruti seems to have skimped on providing it. Infact it's not even available as an after market accessory in the MGA dealer shop. Worst of all, the lower part of the wheel well towards the back door has a gap between 2 panels which is a prime area where water flows in and can cause rust in it. Shall post a snap soon showing what I mean.
14. Upholstery of the rear seat is of poor quality and not stitched properly, infact it's coming out at the edges of the rear seat. MIL are you listening ? Bump up your QA teams !
15. First to second gear ratios are quite large, a royal pain and have to change to first very often in city traffic.
16. Rear seat clamps (under the boot cover) are not painted, plain iron clamps and don't even have a primer coat. Jeez I can already see a thin layer of rust on them. Shall post a snap of them soon.
17. Though the stereo does have USB capability, the USB adapters are not available with the dealer for sale.
18. Darn, they had to give a regular telescopic antenna on the driver 'A' pillar. Reminds me of my first car, the good ole maruti in the 1990's. Couldn't they have given a fixed roof mounted antenna ?
19. Security alarm malfunctions if you have shock sensitivity activated (by programming the security system) and you turn on the hazard lights and lock the vehicle. Every 20 - 25 seconds the alarm alert goes off.
20. I hate the small unlock knob on the driver side, it doesn't grip well especially if you wanna unlock the vehicle for the other occupants using the driver side lock when seated in the vehicle.
21. RPM meter too small for my liking. I prefer to glance at it off and on, especially after getting used to the Ford 1.6S large RPM meter.
22. Darn they could have provided an unlock knob on the outside on the rear hatch, similar to the one they have on the estilo. Using the key is darn inconvenient, and the lever near the driver footing is very very hard to use.

As for things that I liked.
1. Darn lots of space in the car, love the airy feel in the vehicle.
2. Lock/Unlock buttons provided on the key itself. Darn they even provided it for the spare key, thank you Maruti. Ford should learn a thing or two, my Fiesta has the remote on only 1 Key !
3. Neat center console, though I feel they could have utilized the space on the dash better and given a few cubbyholes above the center console.
4. Security system is integrated, that the dealer didn't know the default PIN so that I could change it was another matter.
5. Split seats in the rear are a cool feature.
6. Roof light for the rear seats is pretty neat, the kids get their own light, and it doesn't affect the drivers vision too.
7. Gear lever is smooth, attributed to the cable shift I guess.
8. Doesn't roll as much as the old Waggy whilst taking turns.
9. Wide opening doors, this is a boon.
10. You don't need to pull yourself up from the drivers seat, unlike the low seating in a sedan.
11. Perfectly balanced EPS (Electronic Power Steering) for city use.
12. Stereo has the USB connectivity function, that the USB adapters aren't as yet available is a different matter though.
13. Tools in the boot neatly fit into the custom foam moulds.
14. 14" wheels, pretty neat, the 65 profile tyres don't ruin the fun too. Hate wheels with too high a profile (I dunno what they were thinking when they gave the LXi 80' profile tyres), don't like the handling on high profile tyres. I'd love it Maruti had provided 165 width tyres on the 14 inchers though, would have been just about right for city use and a bit of highway use.
15. Pretty cool, they gave steering height adjustment which is really a neat feature in this segment.

More to follow later folks.
autoenthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2010, 09:33   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
I feel the security system is from Nipon India. You can call up their service helpline and get the issue solved.
@thelightening, thanks, shall do that. In the meanwhile I called the MIL service line 18001800180 and they asked me to contact their regional offince in Mumbai. Tried those phone numbers and there was no answer. Parallely have sent an email to Maruti customer support.
Old 15th July 2010, 09:39   #343
BHPian

Quote:
@thelightening, thanks, shall do that. In the meanwhile I called the MIL service line 18001800180 and they asked me to contact their regional offince in Mumbai. Tried those phone numbers and there was no answer. Parallely have sent an email to Maruti customer support.
Yes, all Maruti Security systems are provided by Nippon, even My 2006 WagonR VXi has a Nippon, they are very prompt in service. Once my system got automatically reset to some other setting and although it was good but not suiting me, so I called their Nippon helpline and asked them on how to reset the system back to default configuration, they promptly sent an engineer within 24 hrs who reset the same to factory default, It was done withing warranty and took not more than 15 mnts.

There would be a Nippon manual in the car, from there you can get their nos, else, you can also visit MASS and get their nos, or any car accessory shop might also be help you in getting their contact details.
Old 15th July 2010, 09:39   #344
BHPian

I am not sure how much of this is true or if everyone faces this problem. But my colleague who owns a Wagon-R says he can barely cross 100KMPH. Everytime he tries to do that, he says that there is a wobbling effect. I am not sure , because i have Chevy Spark that is a 1Ltr engine and i dont have problems cruising at 140KMPH
Old 15th July 2010, 09:41   #345
BHPian

Quote:

"9845067188" I got this contact number after a lot of search and struggle, its nippon service contact number in Bangalore. Try please !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks