Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2012, 18:28   #481
Team-BHP Support

re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
Guys, I looked at old cars and they are being quoted at a very high price. So makes more sense to go for a new one. Is there any updated/upgraded Wagon R in the works? If so how far ahead in the future?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...gon-r-pro.html

But I think its regular joke that auto companies like to play with us.
Old 23rd August 2012, 15:34   #482
BHPian

Going to book a Wagon R Lxi Blue colour today.

Wagon R has been my secret love for a long long time. Over the years I used to ogle the Wagon R every time one passed me by. I have never seen a wagon R on road that I did not turn my head.

You can read the following thread to see how I close I came to getting my true love.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...iesel-ldi.html

After much confusion about 2nd hand cars , decided to go for a new one.

I just LOVE the Wagon R and I have never been more excited about a purchase (barring my Judo 4x4 ). In comparison I did not even go to pick up my Innova or Vento. They are good cars, but did not excite me.

Here is some thing I said about the Wagon R two and half years back

Quote:
Wagon R - The star of our story, I just love this car. It is a delight. Yes, every time I see a cute little wagon R , I am envious. The Wagon R does not pretend to be a stylish or a fast car. It is says "Here I am , I look weird, but my goal in life is to make your life a little easier" . I appreciate that kind of honesty in design.

I am just so excited about the Wagon R as I can go to the beach to train my dogs in the morning with out worrying about caught in the rush.. Now I can be the "rush" and enjoy it. I can go visit my friends at Mandavelli on week ends, take my grandpa to the clinic, go to office etc.

May be I can have my life back!!!!.................

Thank you all for answering my questions.
Old 24th August 2012, 16:00   #483
BHPian

Went and looked at a silky silver and OKed it at the dealership. Registration is on monday.
Old 24th August 2012, 17:52   #484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Went and looked at a silky silver and OKed it at the dealership. Registration is on monday.
Hello RRNSSS,

Congrats for your new Car & wish you happy and safe driving in future.

So have you booked Lxi version? What is the on the road Price in your City?

Looking forward for your note on buying experience & initial review.

Thanks,
Old 24th August 2012, 18:34   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats man. The new Wagon R is an absolute looker.
We own a Wagon R for 8.5 years now. I tell you it is a worthy work horse. The kind of nimbleness it has in the city is really amazing. And oh! all the elderly just love to travel in it because of its seat height.

All the best and wish you a hassle free experience.
Old 24th August 2012, 22:18   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello RRNSSS,

Congrats for your new Car & wish you happy and safe driving in future.

So have you booked Lxi version? What is the on the road Price in your City?

Looking forward for your note on buying experience & initial review.

Thanks,

Yes I booked the Lxi with front two doors power windows and a/c and power steering and Non electrical OVRMs.

I think that is Lxi.

After discounts and heavy bargaining I got a price of 410000/- On road.

I already know that I will love the Wagon R. I have always wanted one since 4 years back. And since it is a Maruti, I do not think I will have any surprises.
Old 24th August 2012, 22:24   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet-tooth View Post
Congrats man. The new Wagon R is an absolute looker.
We own a Wagon R for 8.5 years now. I tell you it is a worthy work horse. The kind of nimbleness it has in the city is really amazing. And oh! all the elderly just love to travel in it because of its seat height.

All the best and wish you a hassle free experience.

Yes one of the main reasons why I went for the wagon R against the Alto is so that my Grandfather can get in the wagon R with ease.

8.5 years !!! Wow!!! must have taken care of it very well. I actually love the older model as it is smaller . I love small cars , they are so amazing to drive in the city.

Please post a picture of your Old waggie.
Old 25th August 2012, 19:27   #488
BHPian

Did a pdi of my car toda before signing the form 20. It is a nice little car. I get it registered and delivered on monday. Can't wait.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-img_2517.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-img_2518.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-img_2521.jpg  

Old 26th August 2012, 10:42   #489
Distinguished - BHPian

Water is condensing in the headlamps of my Waggy. It was pointed out after second service. The SA took back the car, removed the right headlamp and blew hot air to clean it. Now it has started in both headlamps. Think I need to press for replacement of both Headlamp assemblies. Anyone facing the same issue? The headlamps are not modified, or removed even once. Even with 100/90 modification, my SX4 has never given this issue.

However, I dont feel the need of escalating the issue with MSIL. My dealer had told last time that if this issue persisted, he would replace the headlamp assemblies. Let me check with the dealer and get back.

Last edited by audioholic : 26th August 2012 at 10:44.
Old 26th August 2012, 12:14   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Water is condensing in the headlamps of my Waggy. It was pointed out after second service. The SA took back the car, removed the right headlamp and blew hot air to clean it. Now it has started in both headlamps. Think I need to press for replacement of both Headlamp assemblies. Anyone facing the same issue? The headlamps are not modified, or removed even once. Even with 100/90 modification, my SX4 has never given this issue.

However, I dont feel the need of escalating the issue with MSIL. My dealer had told last time that if this issue persisted, he would replace the headlamp assemblies. Let me check with the dealer and get back.
Sorry to hear that audioholic. Never faced this issue in 1.5 years of ownership. Ask the dealership to replace the assembly under warranty.
Old 27th August 2012, 12:07   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Water is condensing in the headlamps of my Waggy. It was pointed out after second service.
Hello Audioholic,

Water condensation in Headlamps has never happened for me too. Even while driving in heaviest rains in Mumbai, I have never experienced such thing.

It would be really nice if your dealer is ready to replace the Headlamps, please get it done as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Old 28th August 2012, 18:50   #492
BHPian

My car completed the registration process and came home at 18.00 hours . The car is so cute and compact it fits in my small 10' wide access and I can open the door and get out !!! I love this car.

I wish it had blue coloured parking lamps. It was a bit of a disappointment when I found that the parking lamps were yellow.

My car has done 71 Km so far. That is because when the car came for delivery, it was squeaking from the exhaust pipe. I had to resend it to the dealership to get it fixed.

so that added an other 40 Km to the Odo.

I added the side mouldings for an additional 1400/- . That is the only GMA I got with the car. It looks so cute and cool .

We are going out in a few hours in peak chennai traffic on a 24Km round trip. I used to be so weary of the crowd with my Vento and innova. Now I will be part of the crowd!!! What a great feeling!!!!
Old 28th August 2012, 19:06   #493
BHPian

congrats rrnsss. Finally you have your dream come true. Be weary about the low end torque of the wagonR or you might just stall it in traffic. I did a couple of times when I first drove it. Wish you many many more miles.
Old 30th August 2012, 18:39   #494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Under 2k Rpm, the car is as if it is experiencing turbo lag. Please do not let the engine run in this state unless it is in first or second gear. In third, below 2000rpm, STFT again becomes positive. Same in higher gears. Let the engine roar, she wont consume much fuel then compared to keeping it at low speeds and flooring the pedal.
Hello Audioholic,

During last fortnight I tried not to drop the RPM below 2000 mark in 3rd & 4th Gears. Also I tried to apply light pressure on clutch pedal & be in correct gears.

My fuel efficieny increasedfrom 11.5 to 12.5 KPML in bumper to bumper city traffic. Thank you for the guidance. I will further try to religiously follow the observations made by you with a hope that my Car's Fual efficiency improves further.

Thanks once again,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2012, 20:57   #495
Distinguished - BHPian

You are welcome, and I think you lightly pressed the accelarator

By the way, today, my waggy got a pair of new headlight assemblies. However, the new assemblies also are showing signs of fogging. Cheers to both the dealer as well as MSIL for accepting the claim and replacing both headlights within a short amount of time.

The old headlamps:
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-oldhead1.jpg

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-old-head2.jpg

Work in progress. One headlamp is being fitted, while the other remains in the box.

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-wp_000099.jpg

Somehow, I was disappointed by the fact that there is no proper frontal impact protection. See the upper member linking the apron and the front cross member. It is just like sheet metal. Also, radiator + condensor is quite exposed to impact.

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-wp_000100.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks