Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2010, 15:07   #16
Senior - BHPian

Grt review Eddy.
Just wanted to know if engaging the reverse gear is still an issue which most of the user complained in previous version of Wagon R.

Cheers
Old 23rd April 2010, 15:09   #17
BHPian

Wow.Great review - thanks a bunch
Definintely looks plusher and better than older cousin. 60:40 split would take care (atleast a lil bit) about the smaller boot.
"will appeal to those who wish to buy a city car with their head, and not the heart" - to the point and everything they have done in terms of changes seems to be with this brand positioning in mind. I think it will hit i-10 more than anything else.
Old 23rd April 2010, 15:10   #18
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, Eddy, for the detailed review.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 23rd April 2010, 15:10   #19
BHPian

Great Review,

Nice to see that the Split rear seats in the Wagon R has been re-introduced.
Old 23rd April 2010, 15:20   #20
Senior - BHPian

Nice review Eddy.

Do you have a pic showing one of the split rear seats in fold down position? It's really nice to have this back in the Wagon R. The split rear seats are much needed in any hatch.

If only the new Wagon R had better quality interior plastics like the Beat.

Also I wish our new Wagon R retained the subtle and simple look of the new Japanese Wagon R. But the Indian Auto companies do stereotype us as chrome lovers. Don't they?

Also, great pricing! Thank God for the Yanks in the Indian Auto market.
Old 23rd April 2010, 15:22   #21
BHPian

Very nice review. As i said in the other thread , the positioning of the centre console towards left will give the driver a little more room.

Was expecting the same kind of throttle response like the santro as i am upgrading from it. Hope the throttle lag is not as bad as the BEAT.

BTW http://marutiwagonr.com/
seems to have crashed. Too many hits ?

Last edited by -NUT-case : 23rd April 2010 at 15:27.
Old 23rd April 2010, 15:28   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
What is your take on the overall quality of plastics of the dashboard? The upholstery fabric looks good for sure.

I'm surprised. I thought the Duo sold quite well. Any plans for introducing one again in the future?
The dash looks nice, and looks well integrated. However, the quality of the can holder etc is questionable.

Yes, the duo sold well but Maruti officials denied any LPG option in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Is the boot large enough to fit a CNG kit?
I guess so.It might be a tight fit though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
What about the rear seats?
Can they be folded to a flat surface (like in first gen Wagon-R)?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
One query: I'm presuming the suspension setup is similar to the outgoing model - soft and optimized for city ride ?
The setup has changed, but the quality remains similar. Much better than the bouncy santro at the rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
Also, in earlier WagonR, while shifting between first and second gear, you would often rub your hands and the gear lever with your co-passenger, is it the same in this as well,
Has the storage space below the steering wheel gone as also the storage area under the Glove box, I feel the cubby holes and storage spaces in this model have gone down tremendously.

I also liked the earlier models Electric ORVM switch, Eddy, how did the newer one feel,
No problems with the gear shifting Shantanu. Fortunately or unfortunately, no rubbing your co-passenger
Old 23rd April 2010, 15:30   #23
Senior - BHPian

Great Review Eddy

I think changes like Tilt Steering, Built in Stereo, all 4 power windows & rear washer wiper are clear indicators that the main competitor of the new Wagon R is the i10.

But i10 is a very good product with good engines & therefore the pricing will make a lot of difference.

The overall changes look for the good except for the boot space as many people bought it for its generous space which included the boot space.

The parcel tray also looks like a nice add-on, looks like an improvisation of the tray that was available in the first Santro Xing.

I also think that some of these additional features(Tilt Steering & rear wash/wiper) may have some impact on Ritz sales too.
Old 23rd April 2010, 15:31   #24
Senior - BHPian

Nice crisp review !

Whats with the chrome overdose on the hatch door.

Any idea on the pricing ?

How would you rate the new WagonR Lxi in comparison to i10 1.1 iRDE ERA ? (Assuming they have a similar price tag)

I have specifically asked for this WagonR Lxi vs i10 ERA comparison because the next higher variant in i10 has the kappa engine. It would not be fair to compare WagonR Vxi with i10 Sportz.

Rohan
Old 23rd April 2010, 15:34   #25
Senior - BHPian

Looks better and bigger as you has pointed out. The only thing, IMHO, that links this to the old one is the old wheel cover.

Suzuki needs to to add more accessories to this so that it stands comparable with the competition. Its almost like packing the same engine in big/wide/tall/crapped cars like Bajaj doing with Pulsar bros !

And, dual horn is loud? Inside or outside? Last day, I was driving Sankar's A-Star and I complaining about its horns loudness as it was bit more audible inside than I prefer. Guess what the issue was? One horn was fixed pointing towards the cabin!

Eddy; can you also get is a pic with the park lights on?
Old 23rd April 2010, 15:35   #26
Senior - BHPian

Very nice. Interiors and those new option of storing things [like Activa ] are a great welcome. but I hate these looks.

Who knows, its maruti and we will get used to looks fast
Old 23rd April 2010, 15:37   #27
BHPian

A fantastic review

I like your review to the core. It is brief,simple and brings the point across effectively.

I especially adore the center console but I miss the gauges(fuel/temp),interiors are much more utilitarian and supplement the car's image now. I hope the 3-pot doesn't bring it to the harshness levels of the Astar/Alto because people preferred the original for its 'smooth' engine.

This comes at a time when the Beat(especially),Figo & Polo have crafted out a niche for themselves
Old 23rd April 2010, 15:43   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr
I have specifically asked for this WagonR Lxi vs i10 ERA comparison because the next higher variant in i10 has the kappa engine.
Rohan the i10 1.1's top end is Magna & not era, A lot of people think that Magna comes only with Kappa engine while the fact is that Magna variant comes with both engine options
Old 23rd April 2010, 15:43   #29
Senior - BHPian

Simple and nice, crisp review, eddy, but some observations from my side:
  • is it only me or I am asking for more exterior shots from some more angles?
  • wanted a full dashboard shot
  • the review could have been slightly more detailed.
anyway, it was unbiased and balanced, and refreshing.

BTW MSIL sent me this at my home today.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-dsc02782.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-dsc02784.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-dsc02785.jpg  

Last edited by Dippy : 23rd April 2010 at 17:26.
Old 23rd April 2010, 15:46   #30
Senior - BHPian

Good Review EDDY

New Wagon R surely looks better and a bit refreshing.

what about the prices ? The link on the website doesnt work

Most Viewed