Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2010, 22:52   #136
BHPian

Hi
The car looks much better than the previous version. Nicely written review. The pricing looks very competitive. I am sure it will be nice to handle this car in the city. Cannot expect too much on the highways.
cheers.
Old 24th April 2010, 22:58   #137
BHPian

Old 25th April 2010, 00:21   #138
BHPian

@ Nick17s
No offense meant, but really... what are we supposed to make out of this Test drive Video ?

Apart from the fact that new WagonR has a louder horn compared to the previous one. I could also establish from the poorly done video was the fact that even though the driver was almost red-lining the car on the RPM front, it still took close to 22 secs for the car to get anywhere close to 100 kms/hrs. Have I missed out anything ?
Old 25th April 2010, 00:48   #139
Senior - BHPian

Eddy,

very nice write up. was team bhp invited by MSIL for the TD? This car looks much better than the outgoing model! i am Eagerly waiting to see the booking/sales figures of new wagon-r in next couple of months!

Finally MSIL realized that competition is hotting up with aggressive pricing by figo/beat

Bangy guys,

Any idea what are the prices of Wagon-R at Bangalore? one of my friends looking at buying wagon-R with budget of 4L

Last edited by recshenoy : 25th April 2010 at 00:49.
Old 25th April 2010, 00:56   #140
BHPian

Eddie - Very good review, good to see they have improved the gear shift. might have considered feedbacks from existing customers. I hope seats might be more comfortable than older one if its wider
Old 25th April 2010, 02:05   #141
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Maruti put much more than a headlight treatment to this new-gen Wagon-R. Definitely looks bigger in dimensions than the out-going Wagon-R. Great review Eddy.
Old 25th April 2010, 03:17   #142
BHPian

they have made it bigger. great! this was my biggest grudge about this car! i never felt good while sitting inside a wagon R. my knees would be in pain. with bigger dimensions i hope the problem for "tall boys" would be solved. but i don't get it. in japan they must have had the wagon R with bigger dimensions for sure! why so late! i think this project was pushed far ahead of schedule to to tackle competition. this makes up my mind even more as why FIGO is the best among the lot being compared. the non premium hatchbacks! it looks well rounded, mature, well built, strong, and spacious. i am ready to accept a 4 cylinder figo petrol engine over the cylinder maruti engine!

i think the most exciting product or car which is going to come out from maruti suzuki this year or the next year would be the MPV which they are developing! i think its gonna be like jazz's dimensions and would sell at the maruti price tag! (correct my statement if i am misinformed.)

Last edited by Caramelo : 25th April 2010 at 03:19.
Old 25th April 2010, 03:52   #143
Senior - BHPian

I think it's a very decent and simple car, perfect for day-to-day commute in the city. High seating, good visibility, narrow enough for the 'ghullies' and practical too! Looks are personal but I think it looks kinda nice (white one with some simple black alloys would pretty good on it!).

Yes the wagon-r doesn't tingle our senses as car enthusiasts, but that's not what it was designed for! I think Maruti have launched just the car they're target audience wanted.

And yes, nice review eddy

One question to wagon-r owners: Is the body roll as bad as it is made out to be?

Last edited by anekho : 25th April 2010 at 03:54.
Old 25th April 2010, 04:27   #144
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
FIGO is the best among the lot being compared. the non premium hatchbacks!
FIGO is not really in the same segment as WagonR. Its priced just below the Swift, and above WagonR/ Beat.

But yes, Figo and Beat were fantastic VFM cars!
Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
One question to wagon-r owners: Is the body roll as bad as it is made out to be?
Tall-boy design has its limitations. But i have never felt the car is going to roll-over or anything. Holds the line around a corner, but feels top-heavy and not confidence inspiring as the smaller hatchbacks. If you are looking to have fun around corners- stay away. Period.

Statements like - 'you need to pray to keep it on the road' and all are well- wild imaginations!
Old 25th April 2010, 04:33   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Statements like - 'you need to pray to keep it on the road' and all are well- wild imaginations!
only of my friend did this big turn at around 90km per hour near a swooping highway circle. and i was praying to god the exact same thing. its not imaginations. but yeah you have to admit this is not a swift. it has its limitations. having said that with incerease in dimensions and width. i think this model would be more stable!
Old 25th April 2010, 07:12   #146
Senior - BHPian

I absolutely agree with extreme_torque, Wagon R may be selling 11K+ but that does not make this a good car. A brute majority of car buyers in India are ill informed about the requirements in a car. Usually they go by herd mentality and friendly advice. Why is there a problem to accept that the dynamics of this car is bad?
Old 25th April 2010, 08:10   #147
BHPian

Extreme_Torque, My humble request to you, please go and see the new Wagon-R in person, TD the car, and criticize it. I am repeating once again, the leg room of this car is far better than even some sedans.
Old 25th April 2010, 08:22   #148
BHPian

Am I the only person here who found the looks of the old and, to some extent, the new WagonR appealing? I mean, I know it was designed by someone who only had a ruler, but that simply means that it is less pretentious. Like the Fiat Panda (which is also quite squarish), it is just saying, 'Look, I am just a cheap little car.'. It isn't trying to be a supermodel. And I absolutely adore it for that same reason. It is function over form, and to hell with ohhh... my headlamps are like a starship trooper, and ohhh.... look at how my door handle is hidden neatly into the C-pillar.

And think about it, you see i10's everywhere and after a while, they are jarring to the eye. But you also see wagonR's everywhere, and they blend in so effectively.

And the so called 'people are ill informed by their friend and follow the herd mentality', well, admit it, we live in a country where social acceptance is very important. And it is not just a few of here, as enthusiasts who can choose to buy cars that we like. In the real world, we need to take into account the spouse's choice, parents, kids etc. etc... People do not care for 'Aggressive' looks, cornering 'on rails', or 0-100 in 9.5 seconds.

It is just like in the motorcycle market, why does the Hero Honda CD/Splendor series sell so well, when almost all other motorcycles outclass it in very parameter? People want a simple, non-offensive, easy to drive (in the city), easy to maintain and live with car, and the wagonR fits that requirement to a 'T'. After all, 1,45,000 people last year seem to agree with that sentiment.
Old 25th April 2010, 10:30   #149
BHPian

The Verdict will be given by non-enthusiast public. Wagon R will sell well.

Last edited by GTO : 26th April 2010 at 14:28. Reason: Lets not encourage flame wars here
Old 25th April 2010, 10:53   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
And can someone tell me what is that black thingy near the high mounted stop lamp on the rear of the car?
That would be the rear washer spray.

Rohan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks