Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2013, 09:30   #526
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinodDevil81 View Post
Hi friends..I have a 2013 wagonR which is 6 months old.I have a small doubt.How much usable petrol will be there in the tank when the digital fuel indicator just starts blinking? I tested the distance travelled from blinking start point to complete halt (tank empty).The tripmeter showed 51 kms. Is it normal for a wagonR? Is there a way I can calculate my mileage from this figure?
The best and the most appropriate method to calculate FE would be using the tankfull to tankfull method. There is no way to know what amount of fuel you exactly have in the tank other than by draining it completely.
As per you, you travelled 51Kms that comes to around 3lts of petrol remaining in the tank when the last one starts blinking. Note, this is just a reverse 'estimation'.
Anyways, we are advised not to let our tanks go dry anytime and its always better to fill up before the tank goes dry completely. It is because the impurities and solid particles may get into the fuel lines and may jam them.
BTW, congratulations on your new WagonR.
carzone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 11:10   #527
Senior - BHPian

IAB have reported revealing of 7-seater MPV Concept based on Wagon-R at the 2013 Indonesia International Motor Show (IIMS). Here is link to their report:

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/09/s...ndonesia-98576

Last edited by CARDEEP : 30th September 2013 at 11:12.
Old 30th September 2013, 18:43   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
The best and the most appropriate method to
Anyways, we are advised not to let our tanks go dry anytime and its always better to fill up before the tank goes dry completely. It is because the impurities and solid particles may get into the fuel lines and may jam them.
BTW, congratulations on your new WagonR.
hi carzone..thanks for this useful information. I never knew that there is such a risk when the tank dries up completely.I was just curious to know for once, how far will the car go after the fuel-gauge bar starts blinking.so just dried it up once. Never again!!
Old 26th November 2013, 07:33   #529
Distinguished - BHPian

New Wagon R at the Tokyo Motor Show – India bound!

Expected launch at the Auto Expo next year .

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-newwagonr.jpg

Quote:
The new car gets a new face which breaks away from the squared look of the current one. It is rounded and looks bulbous which is further heightened by the huge headlamps which are unique in this segment. They drop down into the front bumper even way beyond the front grille and extend sharply upward towards the A-pillar. The electric wing mirrors now accommodate turn indicators and the display car also sported eight-spoke alloy wheels. The rear of the new Wagon R also sees changes in the form of a new bumper and new tail lights.

Also, absence of the handbrake lever means that the new Wagon R gets an electronic parking brake. Controls for stereo make their way on to the steering wheel (like the top-end Stingray) while a big (for the segment) LCD display takes centrestage on the dashboard. A start-stop button was also present in the display car but along with the LCD display and steering-mounted controls expect Maruti to include that also only in top-spec variant
http://www.gaadi.com/blog/new-wagon-...ound-of-course
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 18:25   #530
Senior - BHPian

Well this looks too boxy and van type IMO. Not good!

We should wait till AutoExpo in Feb to find out if really Maruti will bring this model to India.
Old 27th November 2013, 11:47   #531
Distinguished - BHPian

If only maruti were to spec it so well, the price will jump up and land in the Ritz territory. Maybe the Vxi can get better interiors or alloys but again the stingray is there for all that. Very high probablity of this not coming to our market. Perhaps only the exteriors may be refreshed, but again there is the stingray which has been positioned just above the WagonR and hence whatever changes have to be made, it should not change the price.
Old 21st January 2014, 14:13   #532
BHPian

Went in for the 4th service (first paid service) for the 2012 WagonR with 10900 KMs approx on the meter. The service was done at ASS in Borivali and cost me 8000 INR.

I think this was a rip off, but had no idea about service costs of a WagonR. Can any body please provide theri experience on the WagonR service costs and schedule post 10K kilometers.

Regards
Diesel
Old 21st January 2014, 14:40   #533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
I think this was a rip off, but had no idea about service costs of a WagonR. Can any body please provide theri experience on the WagonR service costs and schedule post 10K kilometers.
Please check your owner's manual. Also please post the bill details so we know the breakup of the charges.
Old 22nd January 2014, 12:06   #534
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Went in for the 4th service (first paid service) for the 2012 WagonR with 10900 KMs approx on the meter. The service was done at ASS in Borivali and cost me 8000 INR.

Regards
Diesel
Rip off indeed. Didnt you check the estimate before approving? I have posted what I paid for the same service in the previous page. I think I paid Rs. 3800 even though they added some extras.

Next time, carry owners manual, approve only what is specified. Also, post a copy of the bill here and forward it to the TSM asking for a justification.
Old 22nd January 2014, 21:00   #535
BHPian

Quote:

Regards
Diesel
Do you remember the name of the SA? I too give my car at Sai Service, Borivali. I am aware that they try to ripoff un-suspecting customers. You need to know what your car needs and should stop the SA for adding unnecessary things.

Last week, he advised me to add AC servicing and brake cleaning with a couple of other things, I simply refused saying all this had been done at a FNG recently.
Old 12th May 2014, 19:15   #536
BHPian

Hi Guys, a big shout to all wagon R owners, I need advice big time. I contemplating on wagon R with ABS + Airbag. My budget is 5 to 5.5 lakh max. My primary needs are 1) Tall Boy 2) Excellent FE as soaring gas prices 3) more than average boot space. Should I consider other option at the B segment like i10 Grand or Chevy Beat - My doubts how good FE would they return and the rest two will be mid variant only, whereas I want fully loaded. I am not in favor of i10 old gen. Please any advise would be highly appreciated, thanks a Ton.
Old 12th May 2014, 19:34   #537
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
more than average boot space.
This is where it fails badly from its predecessor. If this is a primary requirement, look at other options.
Old 12th May 2014, 21:06   #538
BHPian

Quote:
3) more than average boot space.
60:40 Split & Folding rear seats just open up whole lot of space. I agree not necessarily in boot but its there if you need. I have used it plenty of times, once even carried an air conditioner.
Old 12th May 2014, 21:17   #539
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys, a big shout to all wagon R owners, I need advice big time. I contemplating on wagon R with ABS + Airbag. My budget is 5 to 5.5 lakh max. My primary needs are 1) Tall Boy 2) Excellent FE as soaring gas prices 3) more than average boot space. Should I consider other option at the B segment like i10 Grand or Chevy Beat - My doubts how good FE would they return and the rest two will be mid variant only, whereas I want fully loaded. I am not in favor of i10 old gen. Please any advise would be highly appreciated, thanks a Ton.
I'll try to answer all your questions.

1) Its a tall boy with good ingress-egress and wide opening doors. Very good for all especially elders.

2) Fuel efficiency depends on many factors. I'm getting pathetic average in city with AC which hovers around 9.5-11.5kmpl. But i'll blame the current traffic condition in my city.

3) Well, its less than an average boot space. Its difficult to accommodate luggage if 4 people are on board with their luggage.

My WagonR is February 2012 Vxi with ABS & Airbags model. It has dual airbags but the new WagonR has only driver side airbag. We also have 3 Ritzs in our family, all VXi but without ABS. The FE is way better than WagonR. Infact it clicks all the boxes for you if you plan to go for ZXi but then your budget needs to be extended a little bit. It has a similar ingress-egress pattern. The FE is great, we have managed in between 12-16 kmpl (for city, 16 in Gurgaon) to 16-21kmpl on highway. Its a very stable vehicle, much more than WagonR. And boot space is very good. Take your pick, take a test drive of Ritz also. Hope I've been of help.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2014, 22:26   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I'll try to answer all your questions.

2) Fuel efficiency depends on many factors. I'm getting pathetic average in city with AC which hovers around 9.5-11.5kmpl. But i'll blame the current traffic condition in my city.

3) Well, its less than an average boot space. Its difficult to accommodate luggage if 4 people are on board with their luggage.

We also have 3 Ritzs in our family, all VXi but without ABS. The FE is way better than WagonR. Infact The FE is great, we have managed in between 12-16 kmpl (for city, 16 in Gurgaon) to 16-21kmpl on highway. Its a very stable vehicle, much more than WagonR. And boot space is very good. Take your pick, take a test drive of Ritz also. Hope I've been of help.
Thank you! The 9.5 to 11.5 just scared the hell out of me. My nano just swings me a little over 16 kmpl with bumper to bumper in BLR. If Ritz is able to offer anything above 14 kmpl justifies the 1.2 ltr engine. I love the interior and waterfall console of Ritz , also to mention the the slick sure slot gear shit.
Now you know my next question, how much would I compromise on safety without ABS? By nature I am a sedate driver, but at times the adrenaline rush brings the kid back in me and I floor it... Don't want tax on emi too.

Thanks to all who responded before!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks