Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2010, 11:40   #196
Senior - BHPian

A big hello to all the TBHPians. Feels so good and exciting to be a part of this wonderful forum finally!
As my id suggests, I really liked the Micra ( my wifey loved it absolutely) and ended up booking it without even knowing the price and having a test drive. Obviously I have the option of cancelling after knowing the price and having a test drive, but I hope that's not the case as both of us liked the car very much! I have booked the top-end XV model and I am expecting the ex-showroom price to be around 5-5.3 lakhs in the range of Swift/Ritz. Dealer has said that the test drive will be available on 15th of July. For now, keeping fingers crossed! Hopefully, my first thread here will be a Micra ownership thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Agreed - Karnataka tax is adding up the price bit more. But if you take the base variant at 4.84 + decent stereo = 4.95 and compare with other entry level models of other competitors - the prices are on the higher side.
Hi RGK,

Which competitors are you talking about? Can you be specific?
FYI - the base version of Micra is priced arounf 4Lakh, which is again same as Swift/Ritz and much less then I20/Polo.
I think it’s better we talk about the ex-showroom prices of cars to compare (since the road tax varies so wildly from one state to another).

Basically, I wanted to know from GTo,you and other T-BHPians about where do you guys think the Micra should be placed w.r.t pricing?
Should it be in the region of Swift? Or Polo/Punto/I20? Or between them? Or less than Swift?
According to me, I will be fine if the prices are at par with Swift.
Old 9th July 2010, 11:51   #197
BHPian

Nice review GTO, as always at your best.

Guys whats the fuel economy after the ownership? Does it match with the promised figures, excuse me for not referring the last few pages.
Old 9th July 2010, 13:35   #198
BHPian

re

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
According to me, I will be fine if the prices are at par with Swift.
@adimicra:
welcome to T-bhp
I am also in the same boat and will be comparing the prices with swift. It seems that you have also booked from the same dealer. Has he promised any delivery date yet? Have you asked for corp discount or feebies?
Old 9th July 2010, 13:54   #199
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Guys whats the fuel economy after the ownership?
Do spend some time going through my review, instead of posting for the heck of it. The Micra isn't launched, hence it is impossible for me to own it.

Be advised that zero-value posts attract strict moderator action on Team-BHP. Your account will be warned, infracted and then banned depending on the severity of spam.

Quote:
As my id suggests, I really liked the Micra ( my wifey loved it absolutely) and ended up booking it without even knowing the price and having a test drive.
Again, whether you are buying a Micra or an S-Class, please do make it a point to test-drive thoroughly before booking. Only you know what car's right for you.

Quote:
Hopefully, my first thread here will be a Micra ownership thread.
Look forward to it!

Quote:
Basically, I wanted to know from GTo,you and other T-BHPians about where do you guys think the Micra should be placed w.r.t pricing?
I'd say in the whereabouts of the Swift. All new launches in the recent past (with the exception of the mid & top variant Polo) have been very competitively priced, especially cars like the Beat & Figo who have redefined VFM.
Old 9th July 2010, 14:06   #200
BHPian

Can we expect the diesel version of Micra by december ??
Old 9th July 2010, 14:43   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Do spend some time going through my review, instead of posting for the heck of it. The Micra isn't launched, hence it is impossible for me to own it.

Be advised that zero-value posts attract strict moderator action on Team-BHP. Your account will be warned, infracted and then banned depending on the severity of spam.

I'd say in the whereabouts of the Swift. All new launches in the recent past (with the exception of the mid & top variant Polo) have been very competitively priced, especially cars like the Beat & Figo who have redefined VFM.
GTO sorry for the wrong post, Will make sure in further posts.

Owning a Beat my intention was to compare these recently launched VFM hatches.
Old 9th July 2010, 14:46   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandas View Post
@adimicra:
welcome to T-bhp
I am also in the same boat and will be comparing the prices with swift. It seems that you have also booked from the same dealer. Has he promised any delivery date yet? Have you asked for corp discount or feebies?
Yes, there is only one dealer in Hyderabad! The dealer has promised delivery by end-of-July or 1sr-week-of-August depending on the color choice and availability. No corporate discounts or freebies absolutely! Will ask for the same again after test drive ( of course if I like it) but not much hope on that front.
Old 9th July 2010, 15:19   #203
Senior - BHPian

Dear Folks,

During lunch break, saw one black Micra parking at Barakhamba Rd., behind Ashoka Estate(MH red number plate). In between sea of cars Micra was not a head turner for me. It was just one another car, and appeared bit small from outside. Interior of the car was decently put together. It was not a top end variant. The headlight cluster was showing off bit more on black (strong reflector colour).

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 10th July 2010, 12:17   #204
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kri$hna View Post
Can we expect the diesel version of Micra by december ??
Expect a Micra powered by the Logan 1.5 diesel in November.
Old 12th July 2010, 12:11   #205
Senior - BHPian

Its between Micra and Polo

Guys,
Its only 3 days to go for the launch of Micra.
As you know I have already booked the Micra, but I am having the Polo as a backup plan.

Dealer said that the test drive will be available on 15th July, one day after the launch. So, the prices will also be out by that time.

I have decided to do a test drive of the Micra and Polo back to back on the 15th of July and make the final decision. I am more inclined towards the Micra because I am expecting the top-end XV model to be about 1 lakh cheaper than the Polo Highline. But if I don't feel good with the test drive for the Micra, I will opt for the Polo.

Things to check out in the test drive -
1> Engine refinement/smoohtness
2> NVH levels
3> outright acceleartion
4> In-gear acceleration
5> Ride quality
6> Handling
7> Most importantly, driving comfort

Anything else to check out? I have already checked out things like build quality, interior space and quality etc and found both good in that respect, though the Micra feels more spacious due to large headroom and glass area. Hopefully, my one-month car search will end this week.
Old 12th July 2010, 23:09   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
As you know I have already booked the Micra, but I am having the Polo as a backup plan.

Dealer said that the test drive will be available on 15th July, one day after the launch. So, the prices will also be out by that time.

I have decided to do a test drive of the Micra and Polo back to back on the 15th of July and make the final decision. I am more inclined towards the Micra because I am expecting the top-end XV model to be about 1 lakh cheaper than the Polo Highline. But if I don't feel good with the test drive for the Micra, I will opt for the Polo.

Things to check out in the test drive -
1> Engine refinement/smoohtness
2> NVH levels
3> outright acceleartion
4> In-gear acceleration
5> Ride quality
6> Handling
7> Most importantly, driving comfort

Anything else to check out? I have already checked out things like build quality, interior space and quality etc and found both good in that respect, though the Micra feels more spacious due to large headroom and glass area. Hopefully, my one-month car search will end this week.
Make sure you actually evaluate factors 5,6 and 7 during your test-drive. Make sure you take someone along to the test-drives to evaluate rear seat ride comfort too..
Old 12th July 2010, 23:22   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

But if I don't feel good with the test drive for the Micra, I will opt for the Polo.

All the best to you.

Polo or micra you are adimicra forever .

Please check points 3 and 4 with and without AC . Also see how effective the AC is. All the recent small cars have a tendency to go totally berserk once AC is switched on especially in thier petrol versions.

Also make it a point to ask them what the actual FE is going to be in city driving conditions. Lets see what they say.

"GTO Expect a Micra powered by the Logan 1.5 diesel in November."

Wouldnt going over 1.4 L in diesel affect the pricing of the car?

Last edited by -NUT-case : 12th July 2010 at 23:24.
Old 12th July 2010, 23:39   #208
BHPian

Nice review, as always, GTO.

Am a bit puzzled about the size of the car. In the pictures, it seems to be smaller than the Swift, but the price seems to be on par with the Swift (I am using the Swift as the benchmark as most in this thread seem to be comparing the Swift and the Micra)
Old 13th July 2010, 10:30   #209
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Most importantly, check how *comfortable* you are while driving the car. This factor is highly subjective in nature, and only you can decide for yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
Wouldnt going over 1.4 L in diesel affect the pricing of the car?
Nope. Duty concessions for diesel < 1.5 liters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
Am a bit puzzled about the size of the car. In the pictures, it seems to be smaller than the Swift, but the price seems to be on par with the Swift (I am using the Swift as the benchmark as most in this thread seem to be comparing the Swift and the Micra)
The Swift, indeed, is the segment benchmark. The Micra in pictures looks Alto-like. In person, its about the size of a Swift.
Old 13th July 2010, 10:41   #210
Senior - BHPian

Thanks all for your replies! 2 more days to go.. can't wait any more!
Any scoop on the pricing? Supposed to be announced tomorrow. Hope T-Bhp will be the first to break the news!

If I don't like the Micra, then don't know what to do with my id. Do we have a rename option?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks