Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2010, 13:08   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Yes, there is only one dealer in Hyderabad! The dealer has promised delivery by end-of-July or 1sr-week-of-August depending on the color choice and availability.
I had visited Nissan Sherif in Chennai last saturday. The dealer said that they already have 250 bookings and if i Paid advance then, the delivery can be done in September first week - 2 Months delay already?
He said that they are not expecting diesel this year.
Old 13th July 2010, 14:36   #212
Senior - BHPian

The final production model cars are available in the showroom in Hyderebad only for the XE (base version) and XL (mid version). Got a call from the showroom today. They have a red and a blue micra on display. Will go there today evening to check out the colors along with my family so that we can finalize on the color. I am considering Red,Blue and Silver as the color options. Will try to get some snaps from the XL version (mid-variant) car as some of the people in the forum seem to be interested in that.
Old 13th July 2010, 16:30   #213
GTO
Team-BHP Support

In preparation for the Micra's launch tomorrow, Nissan opens 5 more dealerships today. Link to Thread
Old 13th July 2010, 20:40   #214

Ritz..

Gto...

Its seems that lots of hatches are being launched.

How do you compare the hatches

1. Ritz & swift (as they use the same k series engine)
2. Polo
3. Micra
4. i10

Which one of these will be seen on roads much more and which one has got more value for money and more durability than others.
Old 13th July 2010, 21:16   #215
Senior - BHPian

Color choice red

Went to the Nissan showroom tonight to check out the colors. they had 4 colors available - red/blue/orange/silver.
But unfortunately they did not have the production model for the top-end with chrome internal door handles and the chrome nissan logo on the steering or dead pedal. They said it will be available only tomorrow or the day after.

Things I noticed are -
  • The black finish in XL version looks quite good, but I prefer the beige finish of the top end.
  • Plastics/swicth gear are soft to touch and quality is very good (best-in-class)
  • The build quality seems very good though Micra is a very light car. The way the door shuts is pretty impressive.
  • The paint quality is also very good
  • Car has a presence - looks pretty big, bigger than the Swift somewhat comparable to the I20.
  • The XL version comes equipped with music system, internal manually adjustable mirrors and rear wash/wipe (no defogger I think).
  • One concern - the panel gaps are pretty large but the good thing is the gaps are consistent. The SA showed me the X-trail and Teena which have similar panel gaps. As long as the gaps remain consistent, I think it should be fine.
  • The rear seats are bit low, but the good leg space is good and headroom is amazing.
  • Cabin feels large and airy.
  • Though the boot reads 226 litres, it is well shaped and usable and should be fine for a weekend trip for a small family.
  • Getting in and out of the car is so easy, even if you are on the heavier side ( sharp contrast to Polo where it is not so easy to get in/out of the rear seat).
  • Driver and passenger seats are big and very comfy with good kneeroom and headroom
Now coming to the colors -
I said silver, wife said orange. I said no way, then finally decided on the red color.. the red is little different from other cars.

That's it for now, pricing will be out tomorrow and test drives the day after. Keeping fingers crossed! the SA also said they got 170 bookings till date. Even at 8:30 pm today, there were 4-5 potential customers checking out the Micra.
Also, Nissan will provide alloys as accessories but prices will be known only on 15th.
Anyone seen the production version of the top-end XV model ?
Old 14th July 2010, 12:25   #216
Senior - BHPian

Performance numbers from Carwale

Nissan Micra : Test Drive & Review-micraperf.jpg

I could not attach the performance numbers for Micra in the earlier post in the message body. Now after reading the 'how to post' seciton, I see how to do it! I should have done it earlier!

If you see the numbers, the outright numbers are at par with the Swift ( best in the segment) while driveability is at par with the competition. Now I feel reassured about my choice

MODS: you can delete the earlier post.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2010, 14:46   #217
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinaras View Post
Gto...

Its seems that lots of hatches are being launched.

How do you compare the hatches
Please search within the forum, all the hatches you've listed have been comprehensively discussed.

Quote:
But unfortunately they did not have the production model for the top-end with chrome internal door handles and the chrome nissan logo on the steering or dead pedal. They said it will be available only tomorrow or the day after.
They better get it soon. When you are showing off, you generally put your best foot forward.

Quote:
Things I noticed are -
Great comments. Your observations are very similar to mine

Quote:
If you see the numbers, the outright numbers are at par with the Swift ( best in the segment) while driveability is at par with the competition. Now I feel reassured about my choice
If carwale's numbers are accurate, its all boils down to the Micra's feather-light weight.
Old 14th July 2010, 15:15   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Please search within the forum, all the hatches you've listed have been comprehensively discussed.
I know this will take time, but since most of the hatches in this segment have been launched and the only ones remaining are the etios and the Honda small car, is it possible if we can get a GREAT HATCH COMPARO thread. Since, you have yourself test driven all the cars extensively, you may be in a state to compare them good (ofcourse whenever you have time). People have loved to read your reviews on each car and would to read the comparo too. Also, most TV programs and magazines have done these kind of comparos but I believe the reviews were biased towards one car or the other (I buy three car magazines every month and have seen almost all TV programs which have compared the hatches.)

Since, Team-Bhp is an independent website and is not sponsored by anyone in the car industry, people can get unbiased comparos here.

If not now, may be you can do an extensive comparo when the new swift is out, the Etios should also be here by that time!

Just some thoughts!
Gaurav

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 14th July 2010 at 15:23.
Old 14th July 2010, 15:27   #219
BHPian

Micra's pricing had to be anounced today. Any updates?
Old 14th July 2010, 15:27   #220
BHPian

The launch is Today. Right?

The thread looks very dull with only 3 posts today. Has the car been launched? Is the price announced?

Regards!
Old 14th July 2010, 15:48   #221
Senior - BHPian

Prices will be announced at 7 PM today. Even I think the thread looks dull! Going by the response here, I think I would end up as one of the very few buyers of Micra in this forum. Its a good product IMO but may be the muted response is due to the cheeky styling which might not appeal to the more 'matured' audience!
Old 14th July 2010, 16:00   #222
Senior - BHPian

prices in rupees ex showroom, Delhi (prices in brackets are on road, Delhi)

XE= 4,00,000 (4,34,979)
XE plus= 4,40,000 (4,77,680)
XL= 4,80,000 (5,20,381)
XV= 5,30,000 (5,73,757)
Old 14th July 2010, 16:01   #223
Senior - BHPian

Same as the Swift, pretty much on the expected lines! Though I would expected it to be lower by around 20-30K!
Old 14th July 2010, 16:24   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post

XE= 4,00,000 (4,34,979)
XL= 4,80,000 (5,20,381)
XV= 5,30,000 (5,73,757)

Is that a price or a guess work...? All numbers in straight digits. I would expect them to price it 3,99,490 kind of pricing.

Last edited by anu21v : 14th July 2010 at 16:25.
Old 14th July 2010, 16:27   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post

XE= 4,00,000 (4,34,979)
XL= 4,80,000 (5,20,381)
XV= 5,30,000 (5,73,757)
Great spot on prices if not less. Direct competition to Suzuki and others. I was expecting 4.15 for base model on road. Anyways seems to be fine. A test drive is a must now.

@Sid any news when can we expect to TD this car those who's not booked it i mean aam janta.

Most Viewed