Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2010, 17:02   #226
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
prices in rupees ex showroom, Delhi (prices in brackets are on road, Delhi)

XE= 4,00,000 (4,34,979)
XE plus= 4,40,000 (4,77,680)
XL= 4,80,000 (5,20,381)
XV= 5,30,000 (5,73,757)
Sid, how accurate are these prices? Any chance of variation, or is this yet another confirmed scoop?

This is how the Micra's competitors look (low, mid and top ABS / Airbags variant). Its bang in the ballpark of the Swift, Ritz & i10, though more expensive than the Beat and Figo. When comparing the base or mid variants, remember that the Micra does have a driver's side airbag (which its competitors dont).

If we benchmark against the Swift, the Micra has better build, interior space, equipment and ride comfort. What it lacks is a cylinder, the Swift's fun to drive nature and Maruti's after-sales network. A fair fight.

Swift

Ritz

i10

Figo

Beat

Last edited by GTO : 14th July 2010 at 17:07.
Old 14th July 2010, 17:11   #227
Senior - BHPian

Great comprehensive report as always GTO. You are setting a standard here, very meticulous. Kudos.
I heard from a Nissan guy that there was a diesel in the offing in the very near future, earlier than the six month period you mentioned. How true is this and what about an Automatic version. I hope Nissan sees the void in that category, as presently Hyundai is the only company making Automatics in this segment.

Last edited by V-16 : 14th July 2010 at 17:13.
Old 14th July 2010, 18:10   #228
Senior - BHPian

Sid or anyone else has seen the production model of the top end XV car? Does it have chrome logo on the steering, along with a dead pedal?
Old 14th July 2010, 18:46   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sid, how accurate are these prices? Any chance of variation, or is this yet another confirmed scoop?

This is how the Micra's competitors look (low, mid and top ABS / Airbags variant). Its bang in the ballpark of the Swift, Ritz & i10, though more expensive than the Beat and Figo. When comparing the base or mid variants, remember that the Micra does have a driver's side airbag (which its competitors dont).

If we benchmark against the Swift, the Micra has better build, interior space, equipment and ride comfort. What it lacks is a cylinder, the Swift's fun to drive nature and Maruti's after-sales network. A fair fight.

Swift

Ritz

i10

Figo

Beat
Today's printed price list from the dealer, mentioned and ASSURED plus/minus 5,000.
Old 14th July 2010, 18:46   #230
BHPian

Just spoke to Ichibaan Nissan Mumbai regarding the prices. They said the launch is happening at 7 PM in Delhi and only then the prices will be announced. So officialy the prices are not yet out as per them.
Old 14th July 2010, 19:21   #231
Senior - BHPian

Pleathora of micras at nath. Most were XE and XL models. Nissan has not provided dead pedal or chrome finished logo on steering wheel sadly.

Didn't know what to click, just clicked on and went.

How to make out the models externally-
  • XE-black interiors, plain steel wheels without full wheel covers
  • XL-black interiors, rear wiper, black wheels and black door handles plus OSRVM
  • XV-all above plus body colour handle, OSRVM and greish-beige interiors.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Micra : Test Drive & Review-photo0216.jpg  

Nissan Micra : Test Drive & Review-photo0217.jpg  

Nissan Micra : Test Drive & Review-photo0218.jpg  

Nissan Micra : Test Drive & Review-photo0219.jpg  

Nissan Micra : Test Drive & Review-photo0220.jpg  

Nissan Micra : Test Drive & Review-photo0221.jpg  

Nissan Micra : Test Drive & Review-photo0222.jpg  

Nissan Micra : Test Drive & Review-photo0223.jpg  

Nissan Micra : Test Drive & Review-photo0224.jpg  

Nissan Micra : Test Drive & Review-photo0225.jpg  

Nissan Micra : Test Drive & Review-photo0226.jpg  

Nissan Micra : Test Drive & Review-photo0227.jpg  

Nissan Micra : Test Drive & Review-photo0228.jpg  

Nissan Micra : Test Drive & Review-photo0229.jpg  

Nissan Micra : Test Drive & Review-photo0230.jpg  

Nissan Micra : Test Drive & Review-photo0231.jpg  

Old 14th July 2010, 19:31   #232
BHPian

Wow! so many MICRA`s on the eve of launch. Is it in MH.
If these cars are for delivery, then I guess NISSAN did a decent job and waiting period for MICRA would be less compared to some recent launches.
Old 14th July 2010, 20:50   #233
BHPian

What is this with two tone Micras? Are these for retail customers? Sounds like a joke.

Edit --Oops sorry, it looks like some kind of covering.

Last edited by gupta_chd : 14th July 2010 at 20:51.
Old 14th July 2010, 20:55   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Fair Fight?
I think the major turn off for this car is Looks. Come on it looks horrible. It is undoubtedly the worst looking car in India. Even the HM amby is better.
Not to mention, the performance is strictly average. Over and above 3 pot.
Handling not in the league of swift/figo/punto/polo.
Ride good though. Build ok. Anything else else? nope.
Another major concern is the unknown cost of ownership and service experience.
I would never put my money in such a gamble.
Old 14th July 2010, 21:05   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Fair Fight?
I think the major turn off for this car is Looks. Come on it looks horrible. It is undoubtedly the worst looking car in India. Even the HM amby is better.
While I too wouldn't buy the Micra because of its looks, it is still very competitively priced. We needed a Japanese car other than the Suzukis to fight it out in the small car segment, and Nissan are a great engineering house. I can assure you that the car will have bullet proof reliability from day 1. Also, we are slowly waking up to safety features in a car, and I think that driver's airbag might just tilt the scales in the Micra's favour for the urban buyer.

Anyway, with their dealer network (like VW) they are initially focusing on the larger cities.

By the way, read my post as one that agrees with most of your points (3-pot etc.) but still says that it's a fair fight .
Old 14th July 2010, 21:07   #236
Senior - BHPian

Nissan Micra prices announced: INR 3,98,000 - XE (entry), INR 4,69,500 - XL (Mid) & INR 528,800 - XV (Top) - all ex-showroom Delhi.
Old 14th July 2010, 21:17   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fair Fight?
Looks are subjective my friend! So no point in arguing. But not everyone agrees with you - otherwise you own't have almost 2000 pre-launch bookings!
3 pot so what - performance is adequate and at worst on par with the competition, if not better (look athe numbers posted earlier). Ride is good, build quality is good, interior quality and fit,finish are good, space is much better than most and cool gizmos! Overall its a good package and that's why I booked it! AS per ACI,overdrive and Zigwheels the car is a good handler as well and most of them have said that it will be near the top of the segment in the 'ride and handling' parameters.
Swift has good handling but poor ride quality - we are not driving the car in the track so we need a good balance between ride and handling which the Swift does not have. Swift has poor build quality and rattles after a few years. Swift is no match for the micra when it comes to interior space or quality of interiors. As GTO said, Swift has a better and refined engine which is its only advantage. But Micra will also have good performance thanks to its light-weight.. I will wait for numbers from ACI before concluding on Micra's performance.
I think the car will be more than a match for the Swift at least in the mtero cities, lets see..only time will tell.
Old 14th July 2010, 21:19   #238
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Fair Fight?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
While I too wouldn't buy the Micra because of its looks,
Just curious, have you guys actually looked at the car, I mean in person?
Old 14th July 2010, 21:32   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Fair Fight?
Horrible, worst then Amby? Are you serious? Are we not being too harsh here without actually seeing it ?(I assume, as most have not seen it)

Most reviews I saw or read have said it looks good to very good. Not a single one says it looks ugly or below average. Feel free to point out if you know one.

People will decide in a few days, lets wait and watch and not jump the gun by bashing a decent product. I am willing to stick my neck out and say, it will do very well, irrespective of the number of dealers.

Last edited by SunilM : 14th July 2010 at 21:34.
Old 14th July 2010, 21:33   #240
Senior - BHPian

Good move Nissan

Kudos to Nissan for this - excerpt from press release
"Additionally, in a competitive move, Nissan has adopted a uniform pricing policy across the country to offer a fair and equitable benefit to customers all over India."
This will save people like me from Hyderbad and other places an additional 10-12K. We have a higher ex-showroom price and also a very high road tax on top of that. Good move Nissan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks