Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2010, 21:33   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Nissan Micra prices announced: INR 3,98,000 - XE (entry), INR 4,69,500 - XL (Mid) & INR 528,800 - XV (Top) - all ex-showroom Delhi.
Prices are same in all states across India, similar to VW.
Old 14th July 2010, 22:07   #242
BANNED

Just back from the launch party. Bit like the crowd at a wedding. Ranbir Kapoor late, mc made a joke about rain and traffic on a dry and hot day when neither applied, then Ranbir Kapoor came and said sorry I am late because I was shooting for my movie, then he said it is a great car, hope they will give me one soon, before that was some song and dance and some usual marketing blah blah blah, then the price was announced by some comedian type marketing company guys on stage who said their company is called hai because in Japanese it means yes, so the yesmen announced the rather high price to a house full of people who seemed shocked with this, most views are that the car is terribly over-priced and needs to be reduced by 10% at least. PR company feeling shy of providing media handouts, crowd at bar was ready to pull teeth, and food was mundane. Oh yes they had three cars on display i took photos and think that the interiors could be better reminds me of Beat meets A-Star but pretends to be Swift when actually it is a carfrom a company that entered erly with LCVs took a big beating walked away and now are trying to enter again.

Comedy show. This was amongst the most mis-managed launches I have ever attended. If their after sales and service are going to be the same then watch out.
Old 14th July 2010, 22:32   #243
Senior - BHPian

As per the press release, the boot space is 251 litres and 226 litres as reported earlier. Also, they have mentioned about 2 year extended warranty and raodside assistance package. Is this free of cost ? If not, what are the charges for the same?
Old 14th July 2010, 23:30   #244
Senior - BHPian

OFFICIAL: Nissan Micra prices announced:
INR 3,98,000 - XE (entry)
INR 4,69,500 - XL (Mid)
INR 5,28,800 - XV (Top)
- all ex-showroom Delhi.

Source: Overdrive

Last edited by theragingbull : 14th July 2010 at 23:37.
Old 14th July 2010, 23:33   #245
Senior - BHPian

That's a shock and an aggressive pricng, superb VFM base model equipped with a driver airbag.
Old 15th July 2010, 07:30   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
That's a shock and an aggressive pricng, superb VFM base model equipped with a driver airbag.
When are you going for a test drive? Will look forward to your thoughts on the car's performance and dynamics!
Old 15th July 2010, 08:44   #247
BHPian

Very well priced. The looks different with its retro styling but even swift used to look odd at its launch. Im sure this car will do well in bigger cities.
Old 15th July 2010, 08:50   #248
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
When are you going for a test drive? Will look forward to your thoughts on the car's performance and dynamics!
This is a test drive thread, and the first few posts do address the performance and dynamics of Micra.
Old 15th July 2010, 09:02   #249
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Excerpts from the official press release:

Quote:
• Nationwide sales will commence from July 15, 2010

• To be priced at INR 3,98,000 - XE (entry), INR 4,69,500 - XL (Mid) & INR 528,800 - XV (Top) - all ex-showroom Delhi.

Additionally, in a competitive move, Nissan has adopted a uniform pricing policy across the country to offer a fair and equitable benefit to customers all over India. Thus, the ex-showroom prices will be uniform across pan India except for states/cities where differential VAT, entry tax, Octroi and other local taxes applicable would be levied extra.

“To ensure good after sales service across the nation, we are planning to increase our dealer networks at a rapid pace. We will be having 20 dealers operational across India by July 2010, which will be more than 30 by the end of this fiscal year.“, adds Mr. Pandit.

The Nissan Micra comes with a standard manufacturers’ warranty of 2 years/50,000kms (whichever is earlier).

In order to provide hassle-free driving experience to its fast growing Customer base in India, Nissan Motor has announced a host of After Sales schemes that include 24x7 Road Side Assistance, Extended Warranty.

Nissan has appointed TVS as its Road Side Assistance agency. Some of the key services rendered through the agency would include:

• Free towing assistance to nearest Nissan Dealer Workshop
• Free fuel delivery of up to 5 liters in case of incorrect fuelling (One instance per year)
• Jump-starting / battery replacement *
• Delivery of spare key
• Assistance in tyre changing
• Cab arrangement (free upto 100kms for CBU & Micra chargeable)
• 24x7 call centre in regional languages
• Availability of trained technicians for on-site quick repairs
• Assistance in Ticketing and accommodation

Nissan Extended warranty scheme
Nissan’s extended warranty scheme comes in as over and above the manufacturer’s warranty. The scheme would give extra warranty applicable up to 2 years or 80,000 kms whichever expires first. This scheme also includes Nissan Road Side Assistance for extended period. The other features of the scheme include, on the spot issuance of warranty certificate, speedy online claims module, etc.
Nissan Micra : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0244res.jpg
Old 15th July 2010, 09:07   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
This is a test drive thread, and the first few posts do address the performance and dynamics of Micra.
I know it is a test drive thread and I have read GTO's review I don't know how many times. But, I was also interested in knowing other senior members like 'SidIndica" thought about the car. Most of the times there is a difference in opinion among different reviewers, though subtle, isn't it? If you read the reviews of the same car form different auto mags like ACI/overdrive or zigweels, you will see difference - sometimes subtle, sometimes huge. Hope I am clear
Old 15th July 2010, 10:39   #251
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Great comprehensive report as always GTO. You are setting a standard here, very meticulous.
Thanks Gogi.

Quote:
I heard from a Nissan guy that there was a diesel in the offing in the very near future, earlier than the six month period you mentioned. How true is this and what about an Automatic version. I hope Nissan sees the void in that category, as presently Hyundai is the only company making Automatics in this segment.
I've been told that a Micra diesel can be expected in November. Well, the earlier the better. Good part is, with the petrol's VFM pricing, Nissan has left a lot of room for diesels & ATs.

Quote:
Today's printed price list from the dealer, mentioned and ASSURED plus/minus 5,000.
Sid, as always, you have got the numbers spot on! Hats off man.

Quote:
Nissan has not provided dead pedal or chrome finished logo on steering wheel sadly.
Hey, I was clearly informed by a Nissan engineer that the top variant will have a chrome logo on the steering wheel, and a dead pedal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Fair Fight?
Looks are subjective, Oxygen. We need to realise that we are talking about a 4 - 5 lakh hatchback, not a 50 lakh rupee 5 series. There isn't a single vehicle in the category that does it all. The Micra's only lacklustre point is its commuter petrol engine. But it does provide enough pep (by segment averages). Not one for enthusiasts, but as long as it delivers fuel economy (which all 3 cylinders do), its target market will be happy. Then, you have the high quality interiors, space that is amongst the best in the segment (except Indica Vista), an airbag as standard and excellent ride quality. There's a ton of gizmos too. Again, not for enthusiasts, but exceeds the requirements of the general buyer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunilM View Post
Most reviews I saw or read have said it looks good to very good. Not a single one says it looks ugly or below average. Feel free to point out if you know one.
Mine did . I openly stated this design is not to my tastes at all.

Quote:
As per the press release, the boot space is 251 litres and 226 litres as reported earlier.
Spec sheet reads 226.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
OFFICIAL: Nissan Micra prices announced:
INR 3,98,000 - XE (entry)
INR 4,69,500 - XL (Mid)
INR 5,28,800 - XV (Top)
- all ex-showroom Delhi.
Bang in the middle of Swift & Ritz territory. Superb job. The Beat, Figo & WagonR changed the VFM game. No hatchback under 6 lakhs can get away with a premium now. Not in the same segment, and certainly not in a segment above.
Old 15th July 2010, 11:00   #252
Senior - BHPian

Any info on the service interval, free services and extended warranty? Anyone seen the production model of the top end XV? If yes, please post the pics - I am interested about the internal door handles, steering chrome Nissan logo and dead pedal. I have only seen the XE and XL which does not have any of these.
GTO, I know the spec sheet says 226 litres, but the boot seemed quite spacious (compared to segment). Now, the press release says 251 litres, won't be surprised if it is true..lets see the official brochure after the launch. Here is an excerpt from the press release -
" The Nissan Micra is also equipped with a class competitive boot space of 251 litres that can easily carry those extra bags of shopping during travel."
Old 15th July 2010, 11:37   #253
Senior - BHPian

Features comparo

To all prospective buyers and others, I am sharing my research with respect to the features in the Micra and its competitors. I have not included all features but the most important ones which matter.
Have a look, does not look like over-priced to me -

Nissan Micra : Test Drive & Review-featurescomparo.jpg

The Punto and I20 offer more featuees but are priced a good 50-70K higher. The Polo HL offers very less features for its price

Last edited by adimicra : 15th July 2010 at 11:38.
Old 15th July 2010, 11:59   #254
BHPian

Nice comparison! MFD could be added too as is highlighted in most of the recent launches. MICRA on-road prices would be less (~ 17K) in Pune as suggested by dealer prior launch -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...h-july-24.html

POLO HL comes with 15" Alloy wheels.
Old 15th July 2010, 12:15   #255
Senior - BHPian

Avon, MFD is covered in terms of FE/DTE.
Sorry, about missing the alloy wheels in the Polo, totally unintentional mistake

Have updated the same now!
Nissan Micra : Test Drive & Review-featurescomparo.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks