Old 15th July 2010, 13:26   #256
Senior - BHPian

Polo provides Bluetooth connectivity?
Old 15th July 2010, 13:35   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Polo provides Bluetooth connectivity?
Again sorry about that! Polo does not provide bluetooth connectivity.

Hopefully, the last mistake!

Nissan Micra : Test Drive & Review-featurescomparo.jpg
Old 15th July 2010, 15:36   #258
Senior - BHPian

prices are 10K more in bangalore and 5K more in Bangalore than delhi, which is the same as Maruti/Hyundai and any other manufacturers. So much for the uniform pricing policy. Thumbs down!
Credit to VW for being the only company to have uniform pricing across India.

Last edited by adimicra : 15th July 2010 at 15:43.
Old 15th July 2010, 15:51   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
prices are 10K more in bangalore and 5K more in Bangalore than delhi, which is the same as Maruti/Hyundai and any other manufacturers. So much for the uniform pricing policy. Thumbs down!
Credit to VW for being the only company to have uniform pricing across India.
Oh is it? Then I think Pune Nissan dealer quoted more or less the correct price. Generally for Maruti, Hyundai, GM prices (ex. showroom) are high in Pune due to Octroi compared to other metros. So, not sure what does the uniform pricing means.

Last edited by AvonA7 : 15th July 2010 at 15:51. Reason: Spelling
Old 15th July 2010, 16:01   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Oh is it? Then I think Pune Nissan dealer quoted more or less the correct price. Generally for Maruti, Hyundai, GM prices (ex. showroom) are high in Pune due to Octroi compared to other metros. So, not sure what does the uniform pricing means.
Yes, that's correct! I meant to say 10K more in Hyderabad and 5K more in Bangalore. If Pune dealer quotes the same as Delhi, good for the Pune-kars!
I have lodged a complaint in Nissan customer care about what they meant by uniform pricing.
Old 15th July 2010, 16:13   #261
RGK
Senior - BHPian

On seeing the price list, Jazz is highway robbery and Figo is real VFM. Competition on top end models are exactly between two japs on price front also.
Old 15th July 2010, 16:17   #262
BHPian

Mumbai ex-show room prices:

XE - 4.13
XE + - 4.43
XL - 4.88
XV - 5.49

So its not uniform prices across India. The prices differ by atleast 15K then the Delhi prices announced yesterday.
Old 16th July 2010, 07:54   #263
Senior - BHPian

No chrome logo on the steering wheel and no dead pedal, even on the top end!
After reading GTO's review and being assured by the dealer, I thought the chrome logo on the stering will be there. but ALAS!
I know its a small thing and should not be the reason to reject a car, but some times these small things do matter! I somehow can't accept the fact that I will pay 6+ lakhs and not even have a chrome logo on the steering wheel (whoever gave this idea to Nissan should be shot point blank). I think all cars except the santro and alto have the chrome logo on the steering..right?
Also, the dealer quoted 19.5K for insurance, this is daylight robbery! And absolutely no freebies and no corporate discount!
One more thing - alloys are available as accessories. want to know the cost? hold your breath! 27.5K for a set of 4 alloys! Yes, you read it right

Anyway, going for the test drive today of the Micra followed by the Polo.
Final decision after that.

All my initial enthusiasm towards the Micra is slowly evaporating into thin air! Will the test drive be able to redeem it? Lets see!
Old 16th July 2010, 08:05   #264
BHPian

adimicra, why leave out Santro & Alto. They cost anywhere between 3 - 4L On-Road. I would prefer to have chrome logos on all cars including Nano. Certain small things are highly significant. Btw, I got i20's OE alloys for 10k for a set of 4.

adimicra, please update us on your TD experience.Polo & Micra are 3-pot, I would suggest you also TD either the Kappa or K-Series to understand the real difference.
Old 16th July 2010, 08:45   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One more thing - alloys are available as accessories. want to know the cost? hold your breath! 27.5K for a set of 4 alloys! Yes, you read it right
27.5K?

7.5K more than what I was told in Pune and that too for only 4 wheels? Here the showroom told me the cost for alloys is 20K for all 5 wheels (yes, including the spare wheel).
Old 16th July 2010, 08:48   #266
BANNED

What they show at the launches is usually not the same as what we see at the dealerships. That goes for Ranbir Kapoor too, here:-

Nissan micra launch on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

More photos from the Nissan Micra launch are up, too. Meanwhile, street dealer report - low or no premium on this car. I guess that wraps it up. Back to the drawing board.
Old 16th July 2010, 08:49   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
adimicra, why leave out Santro & Alto. They cost anywhere between 3 - 4L On-Road. I would prefer to have chrome logos on all cars including Nano. Certain small things are highly significant. Btw, I got i20's OE alloys for 10k for a set of 4.

adimicra, please update us on your TD experience.Polo & Micra are 3-pot, I would suggest you also TD either the Kappa or K-Series to understand the real difference.
Thats even more shocking to hear. Just goes to show that the prices of accessories and spare for the micra will be sky-high.
I dont care about whether it is a 3-pot or 4-pot as long as it meets my requirements. I have test driven both the cars you have mentioned and did not find anything great about the performance (do not take it differently - Swift and Ritz had good performance but not as great to overlook the issues as mentioned below and I20 in particular did not feel quick at all, refinement was great though ) and rejected them for the following reasons.
Swift and Ritz - cramped interiors particularly rear, build quality and interior quality not upto the mark
I20 - poor superlight steering which does not give any confidence in handling, and the biggest reason is the horrible AC
Right now, its either the Polo or the Micra. No other hatchbacks (have test driven everything under the sun).

Last edited by adimicra : 16th July 2010 at 08:51.
Old 16th July 2010, 10:07   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
27.5K?

7.5K more than what I was told in Pune and that too for only 4 wheels? Here the showroom told me the cost for alloys is 20K for all 5 wheels (yes, including the spare wheel).
do not know what the Hyderabad dealer is up to? 20K for 5 alloys seem ok, though on the higher side! I am going to write regarding this to Nissan for sure! Also, can you give the break-up of charges at Pune. Here, the top end comes at 6.33 on road (including 5.5K for extended warranty)!
Old 16th July 2010, 11:53   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, can you give the break-up of charges at Pune. Here, the top end comes at 6.33 on road (including 5.5K for extended warranty)!
XE : 4,35,000/-
XE+ : 4,70,000/-
XL : 5,32,000/-
XV : 5,99,000/-

Please refer to my post in the "I booked my car thread". Will be visiting the showroom tomorrow for a test drive, so I will post the details afterwards.
Old 16th July 2010, 14:26   #270
Senior - BHPian

I hope that Nissan will be able to sell decent numbers of Micra, worldwide Nissan pips Suzuki in sales. In US markets Nissan commands respectable market share, if they can do it there then surely they can take up the Maruti Gorilla. Nissan products are considered to be far superior in quality compared to Suzuki’s.

Micra’s looks seems to be growing on me, I was eyeing the Figo for some time , however now Micra seems to be a better alternative at least in city condition where I will be spending 95% of my time. Now Figo feels a bit dated when compared to retro Micra.

I am a bit apprehensive about the low ground clearance as GTO pointed in his review, lack of split seats is a -ve , other than that I think this product is worth it.

A low turning radius, funky instrument cluster with all gadgetry and a decent fuel economy seems to make it an ideal city car.

Finally is there a USB port along with the music system ?

Last edited by tj123 : 16th July 2010 at 14:29.

Most Viewed