Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2011, 20:07   #511
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan Micra : Test Drive & Review

I am not sure how it is in other cities.
I am not seeing many many Micras in Chennai. This might also be because the Micras are produced here and might come of cheap.
But the numbers are more. To an extent, I can say that the number of Micras are more than the Polo in Chennai.
Can I have the status in other cities
Old 30th March 2011, 20:12   #512
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
I am not seeing many many Micras in Chennai. This might also be because the Micras are produced here and might come of cheap.
But the numbers are more. To an extent, I can say that the number of Micras are more than the Polo in Chennai.
I m not sure what your question is. If I read you then in Bangalore there are not many micra's seen but many Polos's are.

Cheers!
Old 2nd April 2011, 13:27   #513
BHPian

For eastern India, the only dealer was in Bhubaneswar until last month. Recently a dealer has opened in Kolkata. Interestingly, although they have petrol models in the showroom, they have only diesel cars for TD. I am waiting to TD a XV petrol for 3 weeks now but no sign yet There are not many Micras on the road either. I myself have seen only 3 so far. Polos are sighted more often.

Quote:
Old 15th April 2011, 15:33   #514
BHPian

I was going through Nissan's site and found that there is a configurator for India

Nissan Home
Old 9th June 2011, 14:45   #515
BHPian

I just received an SMS saying that Nissan Micra is available at a discount of 50 thousand. Valid on Micra Petrol, year of Manufacture 2010, top variant. The contact number provided is 9717318878. Thought about sharing this is on the forum.
Old 10th July 2011, 01:30   #516
Team-BHP Support

I have a couple of queries regarding the micra diesel service and costs.First, is the service interval 10000 kms or 6 months?This is a little irritating. Another query is about the cost of spares like the electric folding mirrors, clutch,filters etc.
Old 15th July 2011, 22:43   #517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudder View Post
I just received an SMS saying that Nissan Micra is available at a discount of 50 thousand. Valid on Micra Petrol, year of Manufacture 2010, top variant. The contact number provided is 9717318878. Thought about sharing this is on the forum.
I remember reading this someplace else as well and specifically checked this with SA as someone in the family is seriously considering Micra. He did mentioned there is no discount on Micra at the moment.
Old 16th July 2011, 12:30   #518
BHPian

Quote:
I am not seeing many many Micras in Chennai.
You know what, Nissan has rolled out 1 Lakh Micras so far from the chennai plant.!!!
That is in just a year or so of production.
Guess two-thirds of that must have been exports.
Old 16th July 2011, 12:39   #519
Senior - BHPian

Got an SMS from "DM-TestDRIV"

Quote:
NISSAN MICRA NOW AVAILABLE AT DISC UPTO 50 THOUSAND.OFFER VALID ON MICRA PETROL MFG YR 2010.TOP VARIENT.TO TEST DRIVE CALL 9716342825 OR SMS STERLING TO 56263.
Edit: Oops. Just saw that its already posted. But anyways, this one is with Delhi number, if someone is interested.

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 16th July 2011 at 12:41.
Old 16th July 2011, 12:40   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
You know what, Nissan has rolled out 1 Lakh Micras so far from the chennai plant.!!!
That is in just a year or so of production.
Guess two-thirds of that must have been exports.
Hi Daewood,
I agree, anyway know what that comment was made some 4 months back.

Nowadays I am seeing Micra very frequently, I see 2-3 micras daily. Thier marketing team must be doing a good job for sure.
Old 16th July 2011, 12:47   #521
Senior - BHPian

GTO, excellent review as always, rated 5*. Although a little late for the party but i guess better late than never for congratulatory messages. Someone in the extended family is looking at Micra hence we test drove it to see how was it like.

How did you find the GC of Micra, i am not sure if this was badly used car. The odo read approx 9K and it was about a six months old and this is not old enough for the suspensions to go bad. The suspension was too soft and we hit almost every speed breaker on our test drive on Sarjapur Road. We also hit the speed breaker close to our apartment complex (which is a tiny one by bangalore standards) which my baleno never scrapes even if i am careless.
Old 16th July 2011, 14:11   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Daewood,
I agree, anyway know what that comment was made some 4 months back.
my bad..even i didn't know that Nissan crossed the 1 Lakh mark till a couple of weeks back.
Might be these impressive numbers are what has prompted Peugeot to come back to India, and setup a billion dollar plant in Chennai.
Old 29th July 2011, 16:24   #523
Distinguished - BHPian

The Micra has completed it's first anniversary in India. Sales haven't been rocking the charts, so Nissan is planning a few initiatives in the coming months.

Dr Andy Palmer, executive VP, Nissan India -

Quote:
“We will come out with some initiatives in the next few months for improving awareness and brand building. One major challenge for Micra is lack of awareness about the product, which is well-accepted in several markets globally.”
The awareness about the Nissan Micra in India is very low. Nissan currently sells less than 2000 units of the Micra in India. A major chunk (80%) of the 1 lakh sale milestone of the Micra is from exports.

SOURCE - Motorbeam (Nissan Plans Initiatives To Boost Micra Sales | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews)
Old 3rd October 2011, 19:11   #524
BHPian

Very curious to know why Micra diesel hasn't been doing any better. It has the least turbo lag of all D-hatches and most petrol like. Scores high on performance and lighter on the pocket too.
Haven't seen it generating much interest even in this forum.
Old 3rd October 2011, 21:38   #525
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
Very curious to know why Micra diesel hasn't been doing any better. It has the least turbo lag of all D-hatches and most petrol like. Scores high on performance and lighter on the pocket too.
Haven't seen it generating much interest even in this forum.
Two reasons
1. If you go to official site, Nissan claims a price which is 60K more than the actual price. So people get scared, that ex showroom is 6.17 or something, when its actually 5.72(Delhi)
2. Dealer network is pretty thin, so tier two towns which are very gung ho on diesel are left out. People in big cities also do not want to buy something for which they have to drive 30kms for servicing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks