Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2011, 22:36   #526
hvs
BHPian

Re: Nissan Micra : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Two reasons
1. If you go to official site, Nissan claims a price which is 60K more than the actual price. So people get scared, that ex showroom is 6.17 or something, when its actually 5.72(Delhi)
2. Dealer network is pretty thin, so tier two towns which are very gung ho on diesel are left out. People in big cities also do not want to buy something for which they have to drive 30kms for servicing.
Actually,
XV diesel price = 5.72
XV Premium = 6.17
Hope it helps..
Old 3rd October 2011, 22:39   #527
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvs View Post
Actually,
XV diesel price = 5.72
XV Premium = 6.17
Hope it helps..
they have recently corrected the price on their web page. It was showing 6.17 for the XV
Old 3rd October 2011, 22:49   #528
hvs
BHPian

Never mind.
I visited KL Nissan at Patiala 3 days ago & got brouchure which mentions XE model also present in diesel apart from XV premium & no mention of XV...
needless to say, just a typo
Old 4th October 2011, 00:40   #529
BHPian

After Extensive head scratching for a Diesel hatchback, the Nissan Micra dCi comes out to be the only car with having feel-good factor & Premium feel(to the overall product) after VW Polo.
Recently I've been there to Test Drive Nissan Micra at our Local Nissan dealer, I was given the keys of 32k kms driven Old 2010 Micra & believe me guys, I was almost running like brand New car, with absolutely 'Zero' Suspension & Unwanted engine noises'.
That car accelerated, braked & handled very well despite of her age & usage clocked.
Old 4th October 2011, 02:25   #530
Senior - BHPian

Took a test drive of the Micra today. Loved it & this is the car it seems that we had been looking for. But, I am still wary of the service costs & spare part costs like clutch, diesel & oil filters, OVRMs (electric), or timing belt, suspension components etc? Can anybody share any facts on the maintenance & spare costs of a Micra?

Also, how many service centers are there in Delhi as of today? I think I saw 3 dealers listed in Delhi, & Ford has 4 of them (based on the list available). So I guess that Nissan isn't that far behind unless the workshop people have a callous attitude which is in fact the case with most FORD workshops.

Drive safe.
Old 4th October 2011, 09:04   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Two reasons
1. If you go to official site, Nissan claims a price which is 60K more than the actual price. So people get scared, that ex showroom is 6.17 or something, when its actually 5.72(Delhi)
2. Dealer network is pretty thin, so tier two towns which are very gung ho on diesel are left out. People in big cities also do not want to buy something for which they have to drive 30kms for servicing.

Checked out their website after reading this post , 6.17 is for xv premium. They haven't put up a price list for different cities though.
Old 4th October 2011, 14:25   #532
BHPian

Micra is much better build & more reliable as compared to its competitiors as;
-Firstly, Its not build with keeping Cost-cutting in mind.
-Even if it's that's due to the lesser number of equipments, not due to cheaper quality of parts.
-Even though its lighter than New Swift but it rides better & sturdier than it, as its having Same heavy duty components, which are lesser in number not lighter but same in number.
Weight reduction in Micra is achieved by usage of lesser number of components.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
But, I am still wary of the service costs & spare part costs like clutch, diesel & oil filters, OVRMs (electric), or timing belt, suspension components etc? Can anybody share any facts on the maintenance & spare costs of a Micra?
Its;
Front Bumper costs =Rs.1850.
Side ORVM(Manual) =Rs.720.
Side ORVM(Auto) =Rs.1900.
Clutch Plates(Petrol) =Rs.1800. (Price list Source: Autocar India forum)
I'm not having the exact details about its Suspension bits, but these are scheduled to be replaced at Service scheduled at 80k kms & it costs Rs.8500 only. It includes other parts replacement also.

Rest parts of Micra's diesel engine are same as of Renault Logan, as the latter is not very Hi-tech & is highly localized, so its parts are also very reasonably priced & can be easily sourced from aftermarket also.
Old 4th October 2011, 14:48   #533
Senior - BHPian

The Micra Diesel is quite a package. But one reason why I haven't even bothered for a TD is because there is no ABS option in the Diesel variants.

Wonder why Nissan is not doing anything about it. It's been quite a while after the launch. Are they not listening to the market?
Old 4th October 2011, 19:39   #534
Senior - BHPian

Hey mate,

Thanks for replying back with the approximate costs of some parts. Based on what you have posted, it seems that the prices are at par with the competition (won't say they are less). I am trying to figure out now if the availability can ever be a concern. I get scared thinking about a known who bought an Uno & later had to suffer at the hands of Fiat for they would keep his car for at least 2 weeks before being able to arrange for any part, be it cosmetic or something technical (like engine, suspension etc).

Thanks again & please keep this thread posted with any other information you may recieve pertaining to this aspect of the diesel Micra.

Drive safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Its;
Front Bumper costs =Rs.1850.
Side ORVM(Manual) =Rs.720.
Side ORVM(Auto) =Rs.1900.
Clutch Plates(Petrol) =Rs.1800. (Price list Source: Autocar India forum)
I'm not having the exact details about its Suspension bits, but these are scheduled to be replaced at Service scheduled at 80k kms & it costs Rs.8500 only. It includes other parts replacement also.

Rest parts of Micra's diesel engine are same as of Renault Logan, as the latter is not very Hi-tech & is highly localized, so its parts are also very reasonably priced & can be easily sourced from aftermarket also.
Old 4th October 2011, 22:17   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Took a test drive of the Micra today.
What is your opinion on the clutch of Micra dci ? Some reviews say that its rather heavy while others find it amongst the lightest.
Old 5th October 2011, 00:39   #536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
What is your opinion on the clutch of Micra dci ? Some reviews say that its rather heavy while others find it amongst the lightest.
I don't think it was heavy. It was as good or as bad as that of the Figo.
Old 6th October 2011, 15:29   #537
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Micra now gets a louder horn and a few other upgrades.

Nissan silently upgrades Indian Micra; Now with new features
Old 7th October 2011, 11:36   #538
BHPian

Price update for Thane With Octrai -

- XV - 6.00 (ex) - OTR - 6.78 lacs
- XV premium - 6.5 ( Ex) - OTR - 7.25 lacs

i think these are 20-30 k over priced.
Old 28th October 2011, 14:42   #539
BHPian

I am getting to see a lot of Micra Dci's off late.
Sadly there isn't a single ownership report in here as yet.
Old 16th November 2011, 22:51   #540
BHPian

After a real load of thinking, i have finally planned to opt out the Nissan Micra, in place of my WagonR.
I will be going for the XV Premium model (Petrol), as my useability isnt as much required for a diesel.
The only sad part is that even though im going for the top-variant in petrol, i do not get pre-fitted alloy wheels. Have to get them done after market only! :(
Test drove the car. The car does have a good piece of chunk!
Will book it soon and will come up with my very first thread!

Most Viewed