Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2011, 11:00   #541
BHPian

Re: Nissan Micra : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContiMental View Post
After a real load of thinking, i have finally planned to opt out the Nissan Micra, in place of my WagonR.
I will be going for the XV Premium model (Petrol), as my useability isnt as much required for a diesel.
The only sad part is that even though im going for the top-variant in petrol, i do not get pre-fitted alloy wheels. Have to get them done after market only! :(
Test drove the car. The car does have a good piece of chunk!
Will book it soon and will come up with my very first thread!
In your TD how did you find the brakes of Micra petrol ?
Just read in a thread that the Micra diesel brakes aren't good enough and don't inspire confidence at all.
Old 17th November 2011, 20:01   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_9327 View Post
In your TD how did you find the brakes of Micra petrol ?
Just read in a thread that the Micra diesel brakes aren't good enough and don't inspire confidence at all.
Well, I didn't drive the car at high speeds, so can't comment on that. But for normal city driving, I think they are pretty good. I never felt they were inadequate or such.
Old 26th November 2011, 10:33   #543
BANNED

Does Nissan Micra Automatic cost only 3.6 lakh?
I cant find any details about any automatic version in the nissan website and also in team-bhp no one says about Micra AT , Does Micra At even exist?
Old 2nd December 2011, 22:03   #544

Am considering the Micra Diesel in case my Swift Zdi takes too long. Does anyone have any inputs on whether Nissan will expand its dealer network in Bangalore? and how is the current sole dealer, Shahawar Nissan?
Old 3rd December 2011, 01:00   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
Does Nissan Micra Automatic cost only 3.6 lakh?
I cant find any details about any automatic version in the nissan website and also in team-bhp no one says about Micra AT , Does Micra At even exist?
There is no Micra AT version. Only i10 and A-star offer AT in this segment.
sbiswas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2011, 09:16   #546

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil
Price update for Thane With Octrai -

- XV - 6.00 (ex) - OTR - 6.78 lacs
- XV premium - 6.5 ( Ex) - OTR - 7.25 lacs

i think these are 20-30 k over priced.
Yes thats true.. even i have done test drive.. i feel ABS is a must and audio player should at least have USB support..Nissan should consider these features for this price..
Old 3rd December 2011, 13:10   #547
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiswas View Post
There is no Micra AT version. Only i10 and A-star offer AT in this segment.
Are you sure? But there was an advertisement in a Malayalam daily of Nissan Micra AT available at 3.60lakhs
Old 3rd December 2011, 17:21   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
Are you sure? But there was an advertisement in a Malayalam daily of Nissan Micra AT available at 3.60lakhs
Even the base model XE is 4.10 ex-showroom. I checked with the dealer in Kolkata. He said there are no plans to launch AT Micra yet.
Old 2nd February 2012, 08:56   #549
BHPian

Hi For all the Micra lovers I have a piece of information.

Last week we had a Renault Pune SE visited our society to show Renault Pulse to one of the residents. I was leaving at that time so checked out the car and asked him as to what is the difference between Pulse and Micra.
The very first statement he said " Sir !! Come 2013 Jan , Nissan Micra will not be available in diesel and instead Renault Pulse will be available in both engine options."
GC is more in Pulse and also the fit and finish is better with respect to Micra.
The car was top end model and I really liked the OEM alloys.
Old 30th March 2012, 01:16   #550

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
I am getting to see a lot of Micra Dci's off late.
Sadly there isn't a single ownership report in here as yet.
I own Micra Diesel Premium since 15/01/2011, I am very happy with the car and the dealer service, hardly there is any service required except the regular oil change + have changed the AC filter, I had to change the W/Screen and the cost is 2700+ suprising low. every 2-3 years one can change the W/Screen without pinching the pocket

The Pros:
Good City drive
The electronic folding ORV mirrors
Good Mileage with Auto A/C on for 37 Liters of Diesel the Micra does about 650 Kms.
The max speed I have done as per the odo reading was 165KMPH and felt it can go more.
Steering is Great.
Great A/C mine is climate control A/C, in Hyderabad Summers (43+ C).
Have done HYD-BLR in 6.5 hours couple of times.
The Cons:
I feel the clutch is heavy and in bumper to bumper traffic it is a strain on the leg.
The rear seat not comfortable.
NO ABS, hence speed over 120KMPH is risky.

Wish Micra had minimum 2 Airbags as certain variants of Micra sold in Europe has 6 Airbags and Nissan must atleast for the top end the ABS must be available.
Plus to make a complete city car they must come with A/T.
Old 5th April 2012, 11:02   #551
BHPian

My colleague's Nissan Micra diesel today ran into issues. After reaching our office parking, we stopped the engine after reaching our slot, then noticed we were close to a pillar so he decided to re-park. He got in and started the ignition, I hear half a crank of the engine and then nothing. Lights on the console start going bonkers and the car won't start. The ODO console light fluctuates. We got out, locked the car, and unlocked it, and retried, still the same. We tried again with lock/unlock and that wouldn't work either. Trying to crank the engine results in the console lights going bonkers again.

Called Nissan 1800 number and lodged a complaint. They should be arriving sometime soon to give it a check.

By the way, to answer someone's question about the brakes, my colleague had issues with his brakes making a screeching sound (new pads) and a juddering sound, both of which were fixed in a recent service. However, when I drove the car, I found them to be not so great..
Old 5th April 2012, 11:32   #552
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
He got in and started the ignition, I hear half a crank of the engine and then nothing. Lights on the console start going bonkers and the car won't start. The ODO console light fluctuates.
It is the battery. How old is the car? Surprising the battery is dying so fast.
Old 5th April 2012, 18:23   #553
BHPian

The car is just 1 year 3 months old but already has I think 24K on the ODO. Nissan towed away the vehicle for free but they say something looks wrong with the electronics and they might need 2-3 days to fix it. Wondering how we would get home today
Old 6th April 2012, 08:56   #554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Trying to crank the engine results in the console lights going bonkers again.

Called Nissan 1800 number and lodged a complaint. They should be arriving sometime soon to give it a check.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
It is the battery. How old is the car? Surprising the battery is dying so fast.
Quote:
The car is just 1 year 3 months old but already has I think 24K on the ODO. Nissan towed away the vehicle for free but they say something looks wrong with the electronics and they might need 2-3 days to fix it.
Samurai is correct, its battery. I had similar experience in Wagon R also in the month of Feb. The car did not crank after around half a crank and this was after a high speed highway run just hours before the battery problem.

My query :
How can the battery just stop responding after a drive ? Its like out of the blue and the first time I faced breakdown. IMO, after driving a few kms., there should be some charging done in case the battery is not in good condition. But the case here is just the opposite.

I did look out for instrument cluster to know if there is any warning light which is ON. Initially my view was that the alternator was gone long before I did the highway journey.

This is the second case where I am hearing that all of a sudden after a drive the battery is giving issues.

Do update the thread on the results regarding electronics ( if at all they are at fault in the first place ).

Last edited by aaggoswami : 6th April 2012 at 08:58.
Old 6th April 2012, 22:40   #555
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How can the battery just stop responding after a drive ?
This happened to me in my Rover 620, back in UK: 200 miles into a 300 mile journey, I got back to the car from one of my cup-of-tea stops --- and it would not start.

Yes, it is the last situation in which you expect a battery failure, but it happens.

Luckily, my emergency cover had a man-with-battery out to me pretty quick, and I it only added an hour or so to the journey.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks