Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2012, 21:33   #571
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Nissan Micra : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post

One sore point for me was the clutch pedal is placed much higher to my liking. It is way above the brake pedal. In most cars, both brake & clutch pedal are placed at similar heights.

Thanks
This is the exact reason for me to reject the car. It will get cumbersome in bumper to bumper traffic with the way the pedals were placed and also the ABS missing in the lower variants
Old 5th July 2012, 17:25   #572

As usual a comprehensive review, i agree with the point that one of the member made regarding the looks.It definitely looks like an appliance from the interiors.The round theme has bee blown out of proportion and the instrument cluster lacks symmetry as well
Old 16th July 2012, 20:20   #573
BHPian

You might have seen ads in News paper tha Micra is now available at 3,999 PM EMI. I called one of the dealer and the catch in this deal is:-

Petrol Micra
Loan Amount - 5 Lakhs for 5 Years
EMI - You pay Rs 3,999 Per month for 11 Months and around 41k Rs in 12th Month.
Its repeated every year for 5 years.

Diesel Micra
Loan Amount - 5 Lakhs for 5 years
EMI - You pay Rs 5,999 Per month for 11 month and then around 42k in 12th month.
Old 17th July 2012, 11:23   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
You might have seen ads in News paper tha Micra is now available at 3,999 PM EMI. I called one of the dealer and the catch in this deal is:-

Petrol Micra
Loan Amount - 5 Lakhs for 5 Years
EMI - You pay Rs 3,999 Per month for 11 Months and around 41k Rs in 12th Month.
Its repeated every year for 5 years.

Diesel Micra
Loan Amount - 5 Lakhs for 5 years
EMI - You pay Rs 5,999 Per month for 11 month and then around 42k in 12th month.
Whats the Down payment? if the loan amount is 5 lakhs I dont see the EMI's adding up to the amount. Something missing?
Old 17th July 2012, 13:08   #575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Hi, did you mean the Beat or the Micra in the above line?
Beat's louder.

Maxxis on Renault?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
This is the exact reason for me to reject the car. It will get cumbersome in bumper to bumper traffic with the way the pedals were placed and also the ABS missing in the lower variants
Diesel will just putter around in city in 3/4th gear and the low end torque/zero lag are some of is + points.

There is no ABS option with Micra or Pulse.
Old 17th July 2012, 13:10   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m View Post
Whats the Down payment? if the loan amount is 5 lakhs I dont see the EMI's adding up to the amount. Something missing?
Remaining amount is down payment. For example - If a car costs 6 lakhs then 1 lakh is down payment and 5 lakhs in loan.
Old 17th July 2012, 15:33   #577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Maxxis on Renault?
Nope, it was on the Micra.
Old 25th July 2012, 10:17   #578
BHPian

Micra Diesel was one of the 3 car shortlisted by us along with Polo 1.6 and Jazz (both these are petrol)

But after test driving, it was ruled out primarily because of the High Clutch. It was causing immense pain in my legs. There was lack of under thigh support also in the back seat. The interiors were not to our liking. After TD Micra we went to VW dealership. The moment we drove Polo, my sister and I both ruled out Micra.
Old 7th August 2012, 18:35   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
Remaining amount is down payment. For example - If a car costs 6 lakhs then 1 lakh is down payment and 5 lakhs in loan.
The amount for 5 Lakhs is what does not seem to add up (Eg. 4k X 11 + 41K adds up to 85K per year. 5 Years of the same would only add up to 4.25 Lakhs.). So either the total is not 5 Lakhs or the period must be longer.
Old 14th October 2012, 10:41   #580
BHPian

Hi friends,
In the last couple of days, I have seen various news about the Nissan Micra price cut across all model in the UK.
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/car-t...hout-the-range
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/nissan/...icra-price-cut
http://www.nitrobahn.com/news/nissan...ashed-to-1755/

Does anybody have any cues about something similar coming for India as well ?
http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/cars/n...in-2013-60197/

All this is tempting me to wait a while more before I take the plunge.
Old 15th January 2013, 23:31   #581
Senior - BHPian

Today, I had test driven some diesel hatches including the Micra, Swift, i20, Polo, Figo and Beat. The Micra's drive-ability is astonishing and incomparable to the others. Sad that it has not got a base diesel variant. Though there is no ABS, I did not find the brake to be inadequate when I had one emergency stopping during the test drive.

I'm comparing the XV model (~6.8 lacs OTR) to the i20 Magna (~7.2 OTR), Swift VDi (~7 OTR) and the Polo comfortline (~7.25 OTR). Dad is sold on the Micra's drive-ability. I am not that far off from his opinions. Can anyone please tell my why I should keep away from the Micra, if any. Or vice-versa. But, it just does not seem to do big numbers on the monthly sales charts.

Last edited by thoma : 15th January 2013 at 23:35.
Old 16th January 2013, 19:12   #582
Senior - BHPian

I felt that the overall build quality and fit and finish, especially the interiors of the Micra feel a bit substandard and built to a cost
Old 16th January 2013, 22:24   #583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
I felt that the overall build quality and fit and finish, especially the interiors of the Micra feel a bit substandard and built to a cost
I guess, there are many among us of the above opinion. Even, I was of the same opinion before checking out other diesel hatches. I was proved wrong when I checked more than once, the control stalks, the bottons and knobs on the center console, the metal panels and the power window switches on the Micra. It is not that there is no evidence of cost cutting. After all, who does not build their vehicles or even a service to a cost in this age? But the quality of parts stand out in the Micra. More than that, the multitude of features provided by Nissan on the Micra prove it wrong that it is just built to cost. Except for ABS and passenger airbag, we are getting key-less entry, key-less start-stop, electrically adjustable ORVM, automatically retracting ORVM, immobilizer, driver airbags etc for 6.8 lacs OTR in my place. No other diesel hatch gives me all of this. And I am sure that no other diesel hatch can match the astonishing drive-ability Micra offers.

After thinking more on this topic, I went and re-read the whole review of the Micra by our master reviewer, GTO, and couldn't agree more to each and every one of his points :

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
What you'll like:
Quality, well-designed, interiors

On first impression, the car reeks of quality and feels well-screwed together.

Step in, shut the door and you’ll be pleasantly surprised with the premium sounding “thud”.

Each control feels relatively solid to use. Interior part quality is much better than in the Swift, and fit / finish are above the segment averages.

Micra plastics are of good quality, and some bits like the switchgear really impress with their premium feel.

High-quality key can remain parked in your pocket / bag. True keyless entry & go:

Multi-speed intermittent wiper control. Switchgear is of excellent quality:

Chrome & chunky door handles look really sweet. Nice to use too:
Now I am starting think that somehow, the Micra is very much underrated by the general public. Combined with this perception, can be the absence of ABS, the curvy designs all around and the number of dealerships that make the puny monthly numbers.
Old 17th January 2013, 00:11   #584
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
...Can anyone please tell my why I should keep away from the Micra, if any. Or vice-versa. But, it just does not seem to do big numbers on the monthly sales charts.
There is some re-jig happening on Micra as I read somewhere. So please do your ground work before taking the plunge. I believe the news was about introducing a strip down version for lesser price or so. Might get a price correction for other variants too.
Old 17th January 2013, 00:27   #585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
There is some re-jig happening on Micra as I read somewhere. So please do your ground work before taking the plunge. I believe the news was about introducing a strip down version for lesser price or so. Might get a price correction for other variants too.
Please please please. Can you guide me towards that piece of information. I don't mind a downward price correction or the introduction of another variant, but shelving a model altogether will prove fatal. Though we have booked the Micra, I am still torn between the Swift and the Micra. Dad was stubborn on the drive-ability of the Micra and I being younger, felt that, ultimately, the elderly should be happy using the car. Though we both would be using it equally.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks