Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2013, 11:54   #601
BHPian

Re: Nissan Micra : Test Drive & Review

The facelifted Micra looks rather cool !.

Wondering about the brakes. The biggest complaint about the Micra seems to be about the brakes. Hope they have addressed this issue. Would definitely boost sales if so.

OTOH, the Micra is mostly exported. I guess those export versions have much better brakes. Otherwise, I doubt they will not be able to export to more demanding markets. If indeed I'm right, then the question arises as to why poorer brakes for the local version.
Old 27th June 2013, 14:56   #602
BANNED

Do the brakes are that bad ?

I am mostly a sedated driver and most of my driving are in the city. But I have done a few highway drive (self restricted to 110 kmph). It is going to be 1 and half year and I am going to touch 10k anytime soon. I never had any hair rising heart to mouth situation till date (God forbid).

PS: My car is not among the recalled lots
Old 27th June 2013, 15:47   #603
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan Micra : Test Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Today, I got to drive my friend's Micra XE petrol. Except that it is big on space, I didn't find it much better than the i10 or the Ritz. However, low end torque and visibility is better than the Beat. Felt like a diesel engine on cranking and seemed a bit of lag before full power is delivered, if we floor the pedal!
I got to drive the same petrol Micra after exactly an year; it now has done close to 19k kms in an year!

I should admit that the car drives almost like it was 19k kms back. The typical tightness (pronounced on the Ritz) to the pedals, steering and engine, as a car gets old is not present.

Moreover, after driving my diesel Micra almost continuously for the last 4 months and 6k kms, I felt that the petrol was equally or more on power which I was thinking otherwise till I did drive this. It could race ahead unless you are very low down the RPM. Idling vibration was nowhere good; felt like the engine could get cut off any moment but I guess it is typical of a 3 cylinder engine.

The average FE as per the MID, over the 19k kms, showed 15.6 kmpl. The clunkiness on the gear was less pronounced on the petrol version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Do the brakes are that bad ?

PS: My car is not among the recalled lots
I felt the brakes far better for the petrol version. Didn't feel mushy for light applications and didn't feel like skidding upon heavy braking. Adding to it, the one I did drive was outside of the recall.

The brakes on my in-laws IRDE i10 are super sensitive that when I took it after many months, the co-passenger was hitting the dashboard every time I brushed the brakes! But brake harder, you skid.
Old 3rd July 2013, 12:51   #604
Distinguished - BHPian

Micra facelifted version launched.

2013 Nissan Micra 1.2 Petrol MT

XL – INR 4.79 lakhs
XL (O) – INR 5.43 lakhs
2013 Nissan Micra 1.2 Petrol CVT AT

XV CVT – INR 6.39 lakhs
2013 Nissan Micra 1.5 Diesel MT

XL – INR 5.99 lakhs
XL (O) – INR 6.43 lakhs
XV – INR 6.89 lakhs
XV Premium – INR 7.14 lakhs

[All prices are ex-Showroom, Mumbai]

Cheers!

Last edited by volkman10 : 3rd July 2013 at 12:54.
Old 4th July 2013, 19:25   #605
Senior - BHPian

The A/C on my Micra D comes on with a loud hiss, which lasts for a couple of seconds and suddenly subsides down, the first time it is switched on in the morning. Is this normal? Does other Micra / Sunny owners experience the same?
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 23:47   #606
Senior - BHPian

Guys, does your Micra show a fuel reserve indicator? If yes, when does it show up? The beginning of the last bar or the end of the last bar or somewhere in between?

Till now I have been topping up well before the last bar, but this time the fuel gauge is on the penultimate bar and I want to know when the reserve indicator pops up. And what could be the reserve capacity?
Old 30th July 2013, 19:49   #607
Senior - BHPian

Here is the diesel Micra's service schedule. INR 7680 for the first year. The 500/- for wheel alignment and 85/- for balance weights can be reduced if specified; I skipped those for the first service. Changing 2 fuel filters a year, with each ~1000/- seems costly.

Does it live up to the competition, especially the Swift and the Liva, anyone?

Nissan Micra : Test Drive & Review-img_5794.jpg
thoma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2013, 20:22   #608
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The 500/- for wheel alignment and 85/- for balance weights can be reduced if specified; I skipped those for the first service.
I wouldn't skip those: wheel alignment can be knocked out by potholes and rough roads, and that could end up costing you more in tires.
Old 30th July 2013, 21:30   #609
BHPian

Quote:
The A/C on my Micra D comes on with a loud hiss, which lasts for a couple of seconds and suddenly subsides down, the first time it is switched on in the morning. Is this normal? Does other Micra / Sunny owners experience the same?

My Sunny gets the same. As per my SA, the long hiss is nothing but the AC blowing away the dust that was not filtered the last time it was working. Mine lasts for more than 2 seconds, then it stops.

Quote:
Guys, does your Micra show a fuel reserve indicator? If yes, when does it show up? The beginning of the last bar or the end of the last bar or somewhere in between?

Till now I have been topping up well before the last bar, but this time the fuel gauge is on the penultimate bar and I want to know when the reserve indicator pops up. And what could be the reserve capacity?
Can you tell me when does it appear?. The last time I went to TD a Micra facelift, the MID showed a cup having very less water or something like that. I haven't got that yet in my Sunny, even when the MID shows that there is little fuel. I think the fuel reserve would presumably be 10 liters or so. A question for all Micra and Sunny owners,

Does the car take in the additional fuel pumped in as reserve? Or does it make it to spill out?

Cheers,

Achyuth
Old 30th July 2013, 21:49   #610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I wouldn't skip those: wheel alignment can be knocked out by potholes and rough roads, and that could end up costing you more in tires.
Any idea if the Micra have adjustable camber / toe-in? Heard that some cars do not have adjustments and was wondering why such cars needs just an alignment report on which nothing much can be done by the tire shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achyuth Vaibhav View Post
As per my SA, the long hiss is nothing but the AC blowing away the dust that was not filtered the last time it was working.
Strange reason, I say.

Quote:
I haven't got that yet in my Sunny, even when the MID shows that there is little fuel.
The cup with less water is definitely not the low fuel. IIRC, it comes up when water enters the fuel filter.

OTOH, I have figured out the low fuel indication - the fuel gauge and the DTE keeps blinking and the DTE is shown by default. This happens once the penultimate bar disappear.

Quote:
Does the car take in the additional fuel pumped in as reserve? Or does it make it to spill out?
Didn't quite understand this question.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2014, 14:59   #611
Distinguished - BHPian

Next-gen Nissan Micra hatchback by 2016

New Nissan Micra likely to be sportier but stay away from current car's rounded design.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...16-369927.aspx
Old 14th March 2014, 13:07   #612
Senior - BHPian

Brake dust

On a hose down, much brake dust bleeds from the front wheels alone. It is just a matter of a couple of hundred kms before the car had a full wash. This is happening for some time even without a wheel wash and initially I thought it was an oil leak.

Is this normal? What is the average replacement time of the Micra front brake pads?

Nissan Micra : Test Drive & Review-untitled.jpg
Old 12th May 2014, 10:13   #613
BHPian

Re: Brake dust

Quote:
On a hose down, much brake dust bleeds from the front wheels alone. It is just a matter of a couple of hundred kms before the car had a full wash. This is happening for some time even without a wheel wash and initially I thought it was an oil leak.

Is this normal? What is the average replacement time of the Micra front brake pads?
To answer your question first, there is no replacement time given in the manual, but the brake pads are supposed to be inspected every 5,000km/3 months. Maybe bravo82in will be able to answer your question, he has completed 45,000km in his car.

The brake dust is a common thing for European cars - they're generally the ones that prefer good brakes and don't mind relatively soon replacements. I've yet to encounter a Japanese car that has as much brake dust as the Micra, but it's something I've come to accept of it: if I had a Polo I wouldn't have minded, so why mind with a Micra?
Old 12th May 2014, 18:02   #614
Distinguished - BHPian

Brake pads do not get worn down by time: they get worn down by use.

How long that takes will be entirely dependent on driving conditions and style. A good driver on open roads would use minimal braking and make the pads last a long time. A hard-on-the-peddles city driver is going to get through pads (and fuel) quickly.
Old 20th December 2015, 09:08   #615
Distinguished - BHPian

With a flooded-out Polo, now seriously considering the Micra.

When I bought the Polo, it was the solid and stable alternative to the sexy wink from the sidelines of the Micra. Now, I'm neither able nor willing to buy VW again. Perhaps I misunderstood the Micra's seductive eyes: perhaps it would have been a real life-time companion! Anyway, it would be drowned in my garden now, just as the Polo is --- and probably the only way to be sure of spares is to buy Maruti, and I'm not very keen on that option either.

At the beginning of the decision-making process, it looks like it is going to be a basic i10, or a little more flashiness with the Micra.

Any up-to-date Micra impressions? Anyone want to say "good choice?" Anyone want to say "Don't do it?"

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks