Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2010, 13:27   #61
Senior - BHPian

Very good review GTO!

The looks from the front are ok to an extent but the back looks age old specially the rear tail lamp design. I would still vote for Polo in the looks department having clean uncluttered looks.
Good catch on the fuel lid being square and sticking out like a sore thumb.

Interiors actually look like its almost white in the pics. Only after you mentioned i was able to make out it was a mix of gray and beige. Very less storage space available as visible in the pics.
Old 30th June 2010, 13:32   #62
Senior - BHPian

1) Nice review, pointing to details. The details of keyless entry system are very good.

2) Nissan should have brought in a four cylinder engine. I feel its sort of cheating to give a three cylinder unit.

3) The fixed head restraints on rear seat is not good, specially when competition has moved on. Also considering that airbag is standard, it must be compulsory for the driver to wear seatbelt. Airbag without seatbelt is lethal at high speeds.

4) Personally I dont like the design philosophy of reducing no. of parts. It means expensive replacements. For example, a plastic part cracks. Now instaead of replacing just that part or a smaller part, one has to replace a large part. Remember the G1HC ( i.e. OHC ) which came with three piece bumpers ? That is added advantage.

5) The headlamp unit looks a bit larger than necessary. Its large so chances of getting damage is higher. Means costly replacement. For similar reason I dont like large headlamp units in any car. The probability of getting scratches or some sort of damage increases in our traffic resulting into expensive replacements.

6) The dealer network is too small to bring in good sales. The nearest dealer from my city is in A'bad. I am sure that if this car was launched after the expansion of dealer network, sales would be much higher, atleast people will know more about the car.

7) Nissan is not known for low cost of spares/service in India as the parts are priced high for xtrail and tenna. I wonder about the spare part price in case of Micra. Any indication given on the spare part prices ?

8) How was cabin noise insulation from outside elements ?

9) The car looks old from rear end. Even i10's rear end looks better than Micra. The front end looks like its an evolution of A-star IMO.

10) Overall a balanced car IMHO, but not focused on any one thing. Its not as practical as tall boys or not as enthusiastic as Swift. Middle of the road product in the marker. Coupled with 3 cylinder this car is not VFM deal IMO.
Old 30th June 2010, 13:56   #63
Team-BHP Support

Wondeful review.
However, I have a question.
When I TD'd the cruze, I started the car, and then stepped out, and let their driver drive away with the car. He could!
Same in Micra, or does the engine shut down if key fob is removed after car is started?
Old 30th June 2010, 14:22   #64
BHPian

Great review on the Micra. I am in the market for one more car but unfortunately I don't think this will be it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Sorry to raise this question of key fob again, when the person among passenger(for e.g) has the key fob, and forgetting this he get down (midway), can someone drive on or will the car slam brakes on its own post going two meters away from him.
GTO has mentioned that there is an audibe beep that souonds but that does not prevent the vehicle from being driven away. This is my understanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA View Post
1. Is the water bottle 600ml one. COuldnt see clearly. Wanted to confirm.
I believe he mentioned it was a 500ml one.

All in all nice car, it's got some game changers but somehow does not excite me much - not sure why. Basic instinct I guess.
Old 30th June 2010, 14:35   #65
Senior - BHPian

great review. nice pictures.

Same question as Tanveer on the keyfob.

Also disappointed to see no CVT launch now.

Quite surprised to see that a GC of 154 mm is able to scale speed breakers, esp when other vehicles are at 170mm.
Old 30th June 2010, 14:44   #66
BHPian

I had the same question, it was answered in the previous page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Wondeful review.
However, I have a question.
When I TD'd the cruze, I started the car, and then stepped out, and let their driver drive away with the car. He could!
Same in Micra, or does the engine shut down if key fob is removed after car is started?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Yes. Though the car gives out a fairly audible warning beep, you better remember to switch that engine off!!
Old 30th June 2010, 14:58   #67
Senior - BHPian

Excellent review GTO (as expected). The ORVM electric fold & unfold is a really useful feature. I'm a little sceptical of the Key Fob & its utility in our surroundings.I read a fellow member's problem when he was driving back home in his Cruze after being valet parked at a Hotel - the fob remained with the valet IIRC & his engine died a few kilometers down the road. Scary experience, more so since it was at night. So, no doubt a cool feature but one needs to be careful.

OT: Looking forward to a similar benchmarking review on the Vento very soon....tell me how soon ???
Old 30th June 2010, 15:02   #68
Senior - BHPian

Excellent review GTO as always, somehow i like the car. Styling is good enough and car has few extra features which are new and attractive. Thanks for clearing all the keyless entry and start/stop doubts lol . It can be a success if Nissan takes care of after sales.
Old 30th June 2010, 15:42   #69
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
I really liked the interior design compared to its competitors.
Yes, its fresh for the segment. Great quality too.

Quote:
i'm sure it will pull a good share from NRI segment as a second car or ladies car.
You make a pretty valid point. Most NRIs have had some exposure or the other to Nissan; then, you have the car's urban positioning. Actually, here's one right below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-X5 View Post
I'm a great fan of Nissan, I always loved the TIDA and Sunny (I can’t re collect the US name though) over a Corolla though Maxima is still my favorite Nissan. Hope they would launch the Maxima not Ultima in India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
contrary to most I thought black looked nice on the Micra!!!
Looks will always remain subjective

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Nissan is not known for low cost of spares/service in India as the parts are priced high for xtrail and tenna. I wonder about the spare part price in case of Micra. Any indication given on the spare part prices ?
I don't think we should use the spares pricing of the Teana or X-Trail. Both are CBUs, while the Micra is built locally. Engine / Powertrain components seldom require replacements in the first 1.0 lakh kms. The rest of the car is already 87% localised (i.e. parts sourced from Indian vendors).

Quote:
8) How was cabin noise insulation from outside elements ?
Wind noise was well controlled. NVH otherwise was par for the segment, though the engine does get loud at high rpms. Bad thing, because it sounds exactly like the M-Alto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
OT: Looking forward to a similar benchmarking review on the Vento very soon....tell me how soon ???
The Vento is being launched on the 6th! Hopefully, sometime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
Thanks for clearing all the keyless entry and start/stop doubts lol .
Just thought it would be a good idea to list that FAQ since there was a multi-page discussion on the keyless entry / go on the pre-launch thread....and many posts that expressed doubt on the way the system operates. It's a well-designed & well thought out system.
Old 30th June 2010, 15:53   #70
Senior - BHPian

Like always, nice review GTO.

Looks like a well rounded (pun intended) car, except for one factor - the service network and maintenance costs are unchartered territory in India.

For most non-enthusiast car buyers, absence of good service network may be a deal breaker.

Somehow I don't understand the idea behind Nissan's hasty entry in the Indian small car market. A more sensible approach would have been to gradually shift from CBUs to mid size sedans and then to the small car segment (and expanding the service network in the meantime)

Some question for GTO:

1. Did Nissan officials mention any concrete plans to increase sale and service network ?

2. Where is the passenger side air bag located in the variants which have dual glove box ?

3. If the owner (with the keyfob in his pocket) is standing within range of the car, is it not possible for someone else to open the door and take out valuables from the car ?

Rohan
Old 30th June 2010, 16:02   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
What you'll like:

• Cheeky styling. A touch of retro too
• Quality, well-designed, interiors
One more fabulous review from GTO. Hats off to you voted 5 Stars.
  • How do you rate Micra’s ride and handling when compared to Beat?
  • Can we buy OEM Alloys under accessories?
When can we expect a detailed review on 90HP Punto?

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 30th June 2010, 16:17   #72
BHPian

GTO

As expected,very very detailed review with lots of snaps

Love the circular theme and the orange interior lighting.
I dont like the exterior design,very simple and no wow factor.

How is the interior space and engine when compared to Figo?
Old 30th June 2010, 16:39   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Looks like a well rounded (pun intended) car
That was a good one

GTO - What is the rear internal width? It seems to be a major factor for deciding the success of a car

From what I understand of the keyless entry, we need to lock the car physically by pressing the lock button. The car is locked but can be opened till we go out of the 2 meter range after which the car becomes 'well and truly' locked. correct?
Old 30th June 2010, 16:53   #74

Micra looks like a serious option for those are looking to buy the 1.2L petrol hatch. It is quite distinct from the other options in the market in a lot of ways.

I sincerely hope that Nissan hits the target with Micra. The way Ford and Nissan have focussed on Indian consumer, it should be an eye opener for the likes of Skoda. I am dreaming that 5 yrs down the line when I am on the look for my next car there will be plenty more to choose from

One question for GTO, does Micra have a possibility of a bigger engine coming in due time (Like VW has promised). Do you think a bigger engine will do more justice to the car.
Old 30th June 2010, 17:01   #75
BHPian

Quote:
In a design dominated by curves, the squarish fuel lid sticks out like a sore thumb. One wonders why the circular touch was overlooked here
LOL only in GTO's review I find this statement. Great attention to detail.

Your review is enough to know about a car completely. I need not look else where or even take a TD.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks