Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2013, 20:30   #511
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki A-Star Auto - Road Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsatish View Post
At parking speeds the steering is very heavy and difficult to turn
Yes, I've observed that too. Seems to be an inherent characteristic, not sure if you can do anything about it. But, on the flip side and a positive one, the steering weighs up nicely on highway runs
Old 1st December 2013, 21:52   #512

Thanks Aroy and ozzyrules for your inputs.

I will get the car checked for the reverse gear slotting issue when I go for my next service (first paid service) at the Maruti service center.

Regarding the Low-end torque; I am now getting used to driving at higher RPMs. But since I keep switching between my Honda City and Astar; this constant adjustment is indeed not so comfortable.

I am getting an average mileage of 13.13 kmpl (100% city driving and mostly short commutes). I am tracking this for the last 9 fillings (auto cut off to auto cut off method) using the Mileage android App. The best mileage is 14.22 kmpl and the worst is 12.71 kmpl. Hope this is in line with what is expected of this car and the usage pattern.
Old 2nd December 2013, 09:15   #513
BHPian

My A-Star has a juddery brake pedal, esp when starting off. If I push it completely in, the juddering stops. Is that normal?
Old 6th December 2013, 21:07   #514
BHPian

Since the last 2-3 months, been getting a vibration from the far-left of the engine bay (diagonally opposite the driver seat). It happens only at low speeds and while idling in "N". It's sort of a "gurr gurr" sound. Can't notice this when the car is moving at slightly higher speed (> 20 Kmph). Anybody else facing this?
Old 7th December 2013, 10:30   #515
BHPian

Happens inside the car? It may be the small perforated panel meant for the tweeter. Thats the cause in my car.
Old 8th December 2013, 21:39   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Happens inside the car? It may be the small perforated panel meant for the tweeter.
Thanks, but I checked and that's not the cause in my car. The source is not inside the cabin but in the engine bay.
Old 9th December 2013, 14:56   #517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsatish View Post
3) Hard steering: At parking speeds the steering is very heavy and difficult to turn.
But not a problem; once the car starts moving.
Is it do with high profile 155 80 R13 stock tyres? Any suggestions here?
I have noticed that the steering is heavy only if you rush at parking speeds. If you start turning the steering slowly, the steering actually lightens up.
Try this and let us know.
Old 23rd December 2013, 17:06   #518
BANNED

Went to a local dealer today for enquiring about A-star AT, but the dealer said maruti has pulled the plug on the a-star and they cannot provide me one. The new A-star or alto it seems is just on the verge of launch.
Old 23rd December 2013, 17:34   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
The new A-star or alto it seems is just on the verge of launch.
Have a look at this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...-thailand.html
Old 11th February 2014, 19:43   #520
BHPian

Deal All,

Suzuki A-Star has been discontinued and the new Suzuki Celario is on sale. The AMT (Auto) model is being sold at 5.14 Lakh on road Chennai which is nearly 40k more than the A-star. I had booked the A-star with a discount of Rs 50k last month. Have I made a mistake or is A-star a better and proven choice than Celario. I think Maruti introduced Celario with the Indian Consumer in mind, which is shown by the widening of space at the rear. I am buying A-star AT for my wife to move from A to B in city and do not need the rear(As it is the case overseas for small cars). Kindly put in your thoughts.
Old 12th February 2014, 11:47   #521
BHPian

My car is due for second service, been facing the following problems that I would like to indicate to my MASS:

1.) Morning time, the car starts only during the 2nd crank, this behaviour has been consistent during a cold start. I turn the ignition on partially to make sure the gas reach the fuel lines, but this hasn't solved the problem.

2.) Undulating ride on flat surface at slow speeds, recently my car went over a reasonably bad pothhole with a thud noise & now I could feel this at high speeds too (50-70km).. My tyre pressures are all normal (32 psi), I need to check with the local tyre shop to see if my wheel balancing/alignment is OK.

3.) Soggy feeling from the right front suspension while taking turns.

Are you folks facing the above issues? I wasn't expecting such things to happen in a new car (ODO = 4800kms).

Rgds,
Vinod
Old 12th February 2014, 11:59   #522
BHPian

1) I do have issues with starting not just in the morning, but sometimes when I am leaving late from office i the evening. NO clear explanation from MASS. Still works fine on 2nd crank
2) I drive on pretty much bad roads and have had 2 instances of hitting a pothole ar reasonable speeds. But the car's ride has been the same from day one.
3) I haven't noticed any problem with suspension noise or change in feeling (although I am no expert on this matter). My car is driven close to 20k now in about 14 months and recently had the 4th service (first paid service)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
My car is due for second service, been facing the following problems that I would like to indicate to my MASS:

1.) Morning time, the car starts only during the 2nd crank, this behaviour has been consistent during a cold start. I turn the ignition on partially to make sure the gas reach the fuel lines, but this hasn't solved the problem.

2.) Undulating ride on flat surface at slow speeds, recently my car went over a reasonably bad pothhole with a thud noise & now I could feel this at high speeds too (50-70km).. My tyre pressures are all normal (32 psi), I need to check with the local tyre shop to see if my wheel balancing/alignment is OK.

Are you folks facing the above issues? I wasn't expecting such things to happen in a new car (ODO = 4800kms).

Rgds,
Vinod
Old 13th February 2014, 11:15   #523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post

Rgds,
Vinod
1. Check the battery charge state. If OK check the cable connecting battery to starter for loose connections. Tighten the battery terminal screws.

2. Your damper seems to have taken the hit and spoiled. Get it checked ASAP, else it will ruin the suspension.

3. Seems that the front right suspension has taken the hit. Get it checked fast.
Old 13th February 2014, 11:26   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon_daytona View Post
1)
3) I haven't noticed any problem with suspension noise or change in feeling (although I am no expert on this matter). My car is driven close to 20k now in about 14 months and recently had the 4th service (first paid service)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
2. Your damper seems to have taken the hit and spoiled. Get it checked ASAP, else it will ruin the suspension.

3. Seems that the front right suspension has taken the hit. Get it checked fast.
Appreciate your valuable inputs. Will definitely get it checked during 2nd service. My doubt still remains on the best MASS to look into such issues, in general the big ones out-rightly blame it on tyres or wheel balancing/alignment without looking into issues.

I have Pratham motors or Suraksha as options as they are closer to my locality.

There is a very simple way I could figure this out. On a flat road/surface, I put my automatic car to D mode. allowed the car to move and did not step on the accelerator.

At those speeds (10km/hr), I could feel my car moving like a camel/horse
Old 13th February 2014, 14:10   #525
BHPian

Planning to buy used 2010 A-star AT from Maruti True-Value. Did any of the current/ex A-star AT owners face any major issues with the AT box till now? Just wondering if it's going to be too expensive to maintain the car once the warranty period is over. Any suggestions are welcome.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks