Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2010, 21:26   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@supremebaleno:

I agree mate. It doesn't make sense to launch this car with so much fanfare if they cannot deliver for three months !!.
Old 22nd November 2010, 22:43   #107
BHPian

I had booked A-Star AT in Sept with expected delivery date of 28th Oct , taking into account the revised price difference vis a vis the NG i10 when they discontinued the Magna AT.

However , after about a month, the salesperson realized that there was no way he could deliver on the said date and cancelled the booking after discussions. I checked with other dealers too and the common refrain was that there wasnt a single A-Star AT for the local market even available at the factory.

Since the delivery date was very important, I went ahead and booked i10 AT and received the same in 15 days flat ! Thanks Hyundai !
Old 23rd November 2010, 13:41   #108
Senior - BHPian

I raised a ruckus with Maruti and they have come with an option - they have 4 colors (Red, sunlight copper, desert brown, healing green) available which can be delivered at the earliest - I guess early December or so. Our initial option of Black will take time to be delivered. We are leaning towards S.Copper or Red. Can't wait for few more months for black.
Old 1st December 2010, 17:59   #109
Senior - BHPian

An executive has promised to visit me tomorrow to accept my booking for A-Star Automatic. Here are some points that he shared:
1. Booking amount = 5000 Rs
2. You would not get the car earlier if you book a 'common' color
3. Now, as per Maruti, it would take 6 months for delivery.
4. If I had booked one month back, I would have got the car within the next 1.5 months, because a new batch of cars have already started 'walking' from the factory.
5. Current Alto has 20 K cash discount, but doesn't matter because I need to pay the price at the time of delivery (less the discount to A-Star applicable at that time of delivery).
6. If Iam not very particular about color, I would be alloted a car if somebody cancels a booking.
7. For additional exchange bonus to be applicable, the old car needs to be in my name (or dad's name), a relative's car won't do.
Old 1st December 2010, 18:46   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt
3. Now, as per Maruti, it would take 6 months for delivery.
4. If I had booked one month back, I would have got the car within the next 1.5 months, because a new batch of cars have already started 'walking' from the factory.
5. Current Alto has 20 K cash discount, but doesn't matter because I need to pay the price at the time of delivery (less the discount to A-Star applicable at that time of delivery).
3. Why do they even bother selling a car that needs them 6 months to deliver ? I am glad the Etios pricing will make them see some sense with the Dzire waiting periods.
4. Ours happens to be one of the cars 'walking' from factory.
5. I guess you meant "AStar" instead of Alto. Kerala has 20K cash discount for A*, while in TN it is 40K. Exchange bonus is extra. This was the quote given to tbhpian Mr.Bean by Popular-Chennai.

Our healing-green A* should be with us in a week or so.
Old 2nd December 2010, 19:41   #111
BHPian

I have also cancelled my booking of the A Star automatic due to the irrisposible behaviour of the sales personnel. They don't have a proper answer for anything.

Went for the i10 auto instead......
Old 3rd December 2010, 17:27   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydevil
I have also cancelled my booking of the A Star automatic due to the irrisposible behaviour of the sales personnel. They don't have a proper answer for anything.
I was also initially pissed off with the dealer/salesperson and raised a complaint about them with MSIL. But found later that for the AT, it was more of a delay from Maruti that was the cause. Just that these guys were not updating us about the change in delivery schedule.
Old 4th December 2010, 13:07   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydevil View Post

Went for the i10 auto instead......
I think that the problem can be attributed to popularity of A Star in Europe, hence the whole production is being diverted for exports!

Though A Star is the new avatar of the humble M800, I alwasys preferred the Alto, hence had no qualms buying the Alto K10 the day it came to the show room. The only thing missing from the K10 are ABS, Airbags and Rear Screen demister/washer, but then both i10 and A Star with those is over 1.5L more on road.
Old 4th December 2010, 13:12   #114
Senior - BHPian

An executive came to me yesterday to accept a check of 5000 Rs for booking A-Star Auto Vxi in Trivandrum.
Here is the On Road Price break-up, could some body verify?

A-Star Vxi Automatic Trivandrum Price Quote:
Ex-showroom: 442854 Rs
Insurance: 13526
Handlling Charges (by dealer for registration): 2500
Road Tax: 26571
Total On-road Price: 485951 Rs

Discount for A-star this month is 20K cash discount + exchange bonus at Trivandrum, but the executive says the discount at time of delivery only can be applied. Discounts as well as Price increase/decrease would depend on the rates applicable at that time.

Last edited by jinojohnt : 4th December 2010 at 13:15.
Old 6th December 2010, 13:25   #115
Senior - BHPian

^^^
Price looks more or less in line with what we got at Kollam. The 2500 handling charges is a rip-off - try bargaining that off.
After discount (20K + 2.5K), it comes to approximately 4.65lakh for us.

BTW, our A-Star reached the dealer. We should be getting it after registration tomorrow. Phew ! The wait had been maddening.
Old 8th December 2010, 20:06   #116
Senior - BHPian

Finally our car is home !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
BTW, our A-Star reached the dealer. We should be getting it after registration tomorrow. Phew ! The wait had been maddening.
The registration was done today morning and my BIL drove the car home. He has never driven an AT before and said he could adjust to it after just 5mins of driving. As per him driving it was fun and strain-free in traffic - obvious advantage of an AT.

A snap of our babe. Color not to my liking, but had to defer to the women-folk's choice.
Maruti Suzuki A-Star Auto - Road Test-astar.jpg

Now, if only Saturday came quickly so that I can get to kerala to drive the car.
Old 10th December 2010, 16:37   #117
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki A-Star Auto - Road Test

Seems you managed to get the car from Kollam.

Somehow I like the colour.(Healing Green). My Friend is getting his A* Auto tomorrow. Its sunlight Copper. He wanted white. . Hail MSIL!
BTW he got it from Hercules Trivandrum. He managed to get it in five months time. Guess he was lucky.
Old 11th December 2010, 13:30   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore
Seems you managed to get the car from Kollam.
Yes, Sarathy Motors, Kollam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore
My Friend is getting his A* Auto tomorrow. BTW he got it from Hercules Trivandrum. He managed to get it in five months time. Guess he was lucky.
If he is getting it today, then it cannot be more than 4 months, since the A*-AT was launched only on 15-Aug.
We had booked on Sep-20 - took 2.5months for us.
Old 11th December 2010, 14:01   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@supreme: I would like to know your mileage after you run in period. I am hoping that it will bet better than Santro given the three cylinder engine. The best I can eek out of my Santro AT in the city is 10 kilometers per liter with the 1.1L engine and that too with moderately relaxed driving.
Old 13th December 2010, 06:40   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Yes, Sarathy Motors, Kollam.

If he is getting it today, then it cannot be more than 4 months, since the A*-AT was launched only on 15-Aug.
We had booked on Sep-20 - took 2.5months for us.
Got the math wrong. He had booked it in Aug only! His was the first booking in the dealership.

He was supposed to get it on Saturday. Since it was Second Saturday registration couldn't happen. So hopefully He would get it Today.

Kindly post your review of the car!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks