Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2010, 21:25   #346
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
Want the groups opinion on something.

How important is ESP, esp. in comparison to ABS, EBD, traction control, and airbags?
How much premium should one pay for ESP? (Compared to a car without ABS).
If I want a highway tourer (for Indian conditions) what option do I have if I want ESP?

Regards
Sutripta
Old 19th October 2010, 22:39   #347
Senior - BHPian

all the aria models have ABS and dual airbags as standard, the top gets 6 airbags.
Old 19th October 2010, 23:20   #348
BHPian

All models have ABS and Airbags

Sorry friends I am wrong.The sales executive had convinced me that the base model doesn't have ABS and Airbags!.It was his first day in dealing with Aria customers.Many people including some politicians were checking the Aria on display in Trivandrum.They should have put the top end model on display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
All ARIA variants currently on sale - Pleasure, Prestige and Pride have atleast 2 airbags and ABS as standard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
all the aria models have ABS and dual airbags as standard, the top gets 6 airbags.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapss View Post
Not sure if this is true.
Old 20th October 2010, 00:34   #349
BHPian

Hey guys I was invited for Aria launch function at Taj Blue Diamond today.. They showed 2 videos that were very well presented.. I got the chance to talk to their Regional Manager- Western Zone, Mr Deepankar Tiwari. He was all praise for team-bhp.com and its reviewers and said that he actively follows the forum.. He even said that he finds the reviews very unbiased and nicely put..

Anyway I asked him few questions regarding Aria's after sales. He said that they would be having a completely different team for handling Aria customer both, at the showroom and the service center.. He directly asked me if in case there are things that need attention. So I pointed out the bonnet panel gap, lack of a dead pedal and the 3rd row seats.. From what I understand, Tata people are interested in feedbacks from people and I have a feeling that they would leave no stone unturned to serve Aria customers.

I did tell him that Aria customers would be very different and would demand personalized and preferential treatment.. He replied saying that they have very well considered this thing as well. Otherwise if their launch function is anything to go by, Aria customers can expect preferential attention from them, otherwise who organizes a launch function for potential customers at 5 star hotels with a good music band, dinner and other things.. ?

I guess the people who have shown decent interest in buying an Aria or those who have booked it can expect to get a call from Tata showroom for a launch party at a good hotel or restaurant..
Old 20th October 2010, 00:36   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Certain egs. can be given both ways but considering your first point, would the Indica owner feel good? What's the gain to the company, Indica sells more than Safari, its like compromising a high selling model for a dead horse!
It is not about how a customer feels but how much price is extracted for each service.
Indica customer benefits from lower spare parts price and policy of selling parts on boards thus Indica can be serviced anywhere even at 3ed party workshop at very low cost. No other manufacturer except Maruti and Tata do this for small cars.

But when a 12 year old design is still sold at premium cost customer expects something else and that something is unlimited replacements under warranty, no waiting time at A.S.S as of today. But When a premium customer will pay 14-19 lakhs then definitely expectation will go up as per the cost.

Quote:
Over here the major market chunk is the small car buyer, one can't take that segment/customer for granted. Im all for equality but its strange, people themselves are advocating preferential treatment. This is the reason why VIP/Politicos/gundas rule the roost over here. There's just a hue & cry here & there to change the system but you get what you advocate!

Equality always wins. Atleast preach if can't follow!
Well some customer wants cheaper service and cheaper spares but willing to take trouble to go to A.S.S themselves others don't mind spending money but want some one to pick and drop so offer what each segment wants.
Whats wrong in this ?
Old 20th October 2010, 00:49   #351
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Indica customer benefits from lower spare parts price and policy of selling parts on boards thus Indica can be serviced anywhere even at 3ed party workshop at very low cost.

But When a premium customer will pay 14-19 lakhs then definitely expectation will go up as per the cost.

Well some customer wants cheaper service and cheaper spares but willing to take trouble to go to A.S.S themselves others don't mind spending money but want some one to pick and drop so offer what each segment wants. Whats wrong in this ?
Even Safari is an old product, more than 12 years old! Can be serviced anywhere, same will happen with most of the cars.

"Expectations" in terms of reliability, better service, better solutions. Mere pick up/drop facility & sweets won't cover up for the loss of former.

Im not against providing pickup/drop facilities but why should these be limited to Aria? If its mentioned before buying, then its ok, otherwise its a breach of trust for other consumers.

Moot point here is to have "better service" standards & not just gift packing a bad deal!
Old 20th October 2010, 01:54   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Even Safari is an old product, more than 12 years old! Can be serviced anywhere, same will happen with most of the cars.

"Expectations" in terms of reliability, better service, better solutions. Mere pick up/drop facility & sweets won't cover up for the loss of former.

Im not against providing pickup/drop facilities but why should these be limited to Aria? If its mentioned before buying, then its ok, otherwise its a breach of trust for other consumers.

Moot point here is to have "better service" standards & not just gift packing a bad deal!
Let's think of it this way - "pick-up/drop-off" service costs X amount of money and for expensive vehicles it could be free and for not so expensive vehicles it could be offered for a price. One cannot expect the same service for someone who bought the 3+1 years warranty and those who didn't.

I don't think all TML vehicles come with 2+2/3+1/A+B years of warranty. Why is that?

Nevertheless every TASS should be sincere in rectifying all the issues that the customer faces. That is more important for everyone rather than what brand of tea each person is getting or a different lounge or whatever.
Old 20th October 2010, 02:17   #353
BHPian

What is the tyre size for the basic varient since it comes with a wheel size of 16 inch instead of 17 as on middle and top end Aria?Is the ground clearance same for all the varients?I am not able to find this info from the brochure.
Old 20th October 2010, 08:48   #354

Fantastic review.. I have recently booked a Safari GX 4x4 and was expecting delivery in 20 days.. With the launch of Aria and the improvements TATA has made in the platform, I wonder is it really worth going for Safari now..

What added to my dilemma is the shocker the financing company gave.. They has slotted Safari with Suma in the lowest possible grouping 'C'..

Need advice on this pals..
Old 20th October 2010, 09:11   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-drive View Post

I think , right or wrong positioning, there are lots of fence sitters who would want to stretch and go ahead with Aria. But its totally in TML's hands to convert them into loyal customers, or excited customers, or to make them stretch little more, and go to a different manufacturer.

V-Drive, you've described a text-book case of a classic Advertising model.
A-I-D-A, Attention - Interest - Desire - Action.

TML has successfully grabbed your attention and converted it into Interest. Unfortunately for them, creating the Desire and translating that into action lies in the hands of the dealer. With the added footfalls and inquiries they must be getting for the Aria, they are either getting complacent about following up on all leads or are just not competent enough.

I realised how important dealer attitude is while shopping for a hatchback over the past month. Must say, I have been tremendously impressed by Fiat - both at the dealership as well as corporate level - would have bought a car from them had I not fallen in love with the Polo 1.6. In contrast VW dealers are downright arrogant, probably just not used to the sudden increased footfalls into their showrooms.
Old 20th October 2010, 10:00   #356
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaksboss View Post
What added to my dilemma is the shocker the financing company gave.. They has slotted Safari with Suma in the lowest possible grouping 'C'.
Need advice on this pals..
Let me put it this way.
Personally, I like the Safari's looks, its seating position and the availability of the low ratio option. The engines are the same as well.

So, if you want an SUV, the Safari still fits the bill, since its low price makes up for its age and low tech along with poor F&F. But if you want a 7 seater well finished modern MUV with softroading ability, I think you should book the Aria.

Last edited by n.devdath : 20th October 2010 at 10:04.
Old 20th October 2010, 10:03   #357
BHPian

I checked out the aria, i'm impressed it doesn't have that weak mpv looks like the innova. Looks bullish and the quality is very impressive, just loved the dash and the interior quality !
Old 20th October 2010, 10:15   #358
rkg
Senior - BHPian

yesterday evening seen a registered Aria Maroon color near Ganapati temple Koramangala. It appears deliveries started already
Old 20th October 2010, 10:47   #359
Senior - BHPian

Well, considering the dealer experience of Tata Motors, TML has selected only about a third of their dealerships in only 25 cities. Hopefully the selection has been based on how good the customer feedback of these dealers was, to ensure that Aria is sold only through the best of the Tata dealer lot.

Having seen and sat in the car, a few times alredy, as I see them on a daily basis, I have to say PCBU has done a faboulous job. Though i have to say some small issues still need to be ironed out. Not to mention the engine needs to be tuned up to about 160hp.
Old 20th October 2010, 11:29   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
In this case TML should wait for some other car to be priced at 18 Lakhs off road to make ARIA VFM

I am not sure I follow this logic. If ARIA is overpriced, it is overpriced. This should not make Innova VFM. You may choose to get the lesser of the two weevils but that does not make one better than the other. It is you (the buyer) who are making the bad choice for wrong reasons.
No product can be called VFM in isolation. It is always relative to the competition. Tata can term the Aria whatever mumbo jumbo they want, the truth is that it is a MUV. The AWD is for better road manners and not for offroad. And the base Aria variant is competing with Innova V as far as the safety features and seating capacity is concerned. I am not including Xylo for its sloppy handling and downmarket interiors. Hell, if Mahindra launch a Xylo with AWD for better handling and refreshed interiors, i would not mind comparing that to the Aria.
For me, if I have a budget of 13 to 14 lacs, I'll go for the Innova V. If I have a budget if 17 lacs, i'll go for the Aria Pride for its safety features and the kit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks