Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2010, 15:53   #436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
I have experienced tata service at concorde in bangalore and hyderabad. We gave our safari for servicing at concorde 2 times till now and the response of the service advisors at both places was good. Always gave the vehicle back on time. Once they even serviced on a sunday on request for a warranty claim. I just hope that tata motors open more concorde showrooms in tier 2 cities too.Or will tata confine aria to those cities which have atleast these standards of service,because i dont see the present service centre in place like vijayawada capable of handling the aria.
Thats actually a relief. I too booked my car at Concorde in Hyderabad. It good to see that they treated you well. I personally found concorde to be professional and they were respectful. I tried Malik cars but I was really freaked out by the fact that the showroom had NO customers at all. That is almost always a bad sign.

On another note I actually sat in the Safari while waiting for an executive and I was shocked at the difference between the Safari and the Aria. No offence Damodar but when compared to the Aria, the Safari was, in a word, Pathetic. The door wouldnt shut and when I touched the A/c button, it fell out!! That experience actually convinced me more than anything that the Aria was worth the investment.

I hope I didnt hurt your feelings but I just could not accept how a brand new car could be built this badly. I am so relieved that Tata have seen the light.
Old 26th October 2010, 18:41   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycardude198 View Post
Thats actually a relief. I too booked my car at Concorde in Hyderabad. It good to see that they treated you well. I personally found concorde to be professional and they were respectful. I tried Malik cars but I was really freaked out by the fact that the showroom had NO customers at all. That is almost always a bad sign.

On another note I actually sat in the Safari while waiting for an executive and I was shocked at the difference between the Safari and the Aria. No offence Damodar but when compared to the Aria, the Safari was, in a word, Pathetic. The door wouldnt shut and when I touched the A/c button, it fell out!! That experience actually convinced me more than anything that the Aria was worth the investment.

I hope I didnt hurt your feelings but I just could not accept how a brand new car could be built this badly. I am so relieved that Tata have seen the light.
To elaborate my earlier comment regarding Concorde service is that they are as good or bad as any Maruti, Hyundai service centre. Since the word TATA is attached with them their each and every mistake or non performance is seen with a magnifying glass! Now its not that each and every maruti car is perfect but when something goes wrong warranty claim is quick. Same with Concorde where way back in 2004 we had to replace a faulty clutch cable in an Indica DLS under warranty and it was done under 2 hours without appointment.Dont know about bangalore but the denting and repainting done at hyderabad concorde is good.One thing common between Bangalore and Hyderabad is that i found that most of the mechanics are well trained and seem to be a educated lot.Now Aria with such a great paint job and so much electronics should be in safe hands at Concorde.Remember reading in this thread that the PDI for the initial lot of vehicles is being done from someone at the factory not at the dealership level.
Old 26th October 2010, 19:14   #438
Senior - BHPian

Autocar India has done a comparo between the Aria & the Innova & the Innova emerged as a winner. They have cited Aria's pricing & lack of finesse (compared to innova) as reasons.

I feel this is a strong bias towards Toyota.
Old 26th October 2010, 20:13   #439
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
Found a video explaining Aria's safety features at YouTube - Tata Aria features video_1-1.avi
Maybe I'm going here and some folks might call it nitpicking, but does someone at Tata (or a lot of folks everywhere in this country) realize that there's a vast difference in the meaning of "breaking" and "braking"? A ridiculous spelling error on an official video!?

Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review-breaking.jpg
Old 26th October 2010, 22:09   #440
BHPian

A nation than can accept a utilitarian Fortuner as a premium SUV can easily live with a INR 15 lakh TATA aria.
Old 26th October 2010, 22:26   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Autocar India has done a comparo between the Aria & the Innova & the Innova emerged as a winner. They have cited Aria's pricing & lack of finesse (compared to innova) as reasons.

Funnily enough I had gone to crossword to go and buy the magazine for their test of the Aria. Since you mentioned that the Innova won, I'm having serious doubts as to the professionalism of Autocar India, and this is not the first time.

The most obvious point overlooked by the magazine is the pure and simple fact that IT IS NOT IN THE INNOVA MARKET!!! How many times do we have to repeat this phrase??!! It's designed to compete with the Endeavor, Captiva and Fortuner which is actually based on the Innova. Talk about irony!!

I do have to point out that I have booked an Aria but I was fully aware of the niggles that were pointed out in GTO's review and many others. I made an informed choice and chose the Aria. This review is not going to do Aria sales any good and thats a little sad considering that overall its quite a machine with some genuine effort put into it.

I have a feeling that they will probably realize this at some point and do a proper comparo between its real rivals rather than perceived ones...
Old 27th October 2010, 00:16   #442
Senior - BHPian

OT-In all honesty i don't read any magazine or paper reviews be it for cars,movies or whatever. They are clearly biased and looks like paid review.
For unbiased ones i check T-bhp reviews. Simple.

Still waiting to check out Aria :(
Old 27th October 2010, 01:33   #443
BHPian

Looks awesome in black
Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review-aria5.jpg
Bluengel180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2010, 09:31   #444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sorry, but that just doesn't cut it. For one, Hyundai meets the segment-toppers in terms of reliability, fit and finish. Tata doesn't. Hyundai after-sales is rated amongst the best in India, Tata the worst. I've said it before and will say it again : The Aria is overpriced by atleast 2.5 - 3.0 lakh rupees.
As a Hyundai owner, my two cents. When I had purchased my Hyundai 6 years back, the Tata's available option was poor in reliability, fit and finish. Add to that horror stories on the service front.

But, Aria is one vehicle that has been spotted on road testing for more than a year. Spotted in ghat sections, highways, coasts etc. We have to appreciate the fact that the informed responses to Tata's previous models' issues have been acknowledged in action by TML.

Considering where Tata was 6 years back, and where they are now, I can clearly see that the momentum is with Tata. They are one manufacturer who is seen, in my view, as constantly adding value. Aria has gives me more value than Innova or Fortuner.

On the MUV front, in my mind, Aria's competitor is Innova. Is Innova overpriced? Market has lapped up both Innova and Fortuner at the current price points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by passionate1977 View Post
Personally I consider all MUV's as TAXI. I would never want to be considered as a Taxi Driver & face frequent stopping by traffic police.
Interesting point. If Tata holds fort and does not launch a bare bone variant of Aria, then Aria would probably not become a volume vehicle like Innova. Taxi-wallahs will not pick up Aria and it would be more niche. It would be Innova which will then be associated with the taxi image then.

I don't agree in with your comment only MUVs are stopped by highway patrol. Highway patrol has a knack of picking up out of state, white-board MUVs and SUVs for questioning as they think these are run as private taxis. Doubt that? Search around in the forum for experiences shared by HVK Sir who drives a white-board Scorpio.

Last edited by sbraj : 27th October 2010 at 09:32.
Old 27th October 2010, 10:57   #445
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prmd_cochin View Post
A nation than can accept a utilitarian Fortuner as a premium SUV can easily live with a INR 15 lakh TATA aria.
It is not just this nation. The Fortuner has been a success in all markets of its sale. Also, the strengths of Toyota go far deeper than its plain jane looking interiors and simple styling.
Old 27th October 2010, 14:26   #446
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
It is not just this nation. The Fortuner has been a success in all markets of its sale. Also, the strengths of Toyota go far deeper than its plain jane looking interiors and simple styling.
True - OTT - but in othe other markets unlike in ours, it is priced very very close to the Innova and is great value at that price and not 60% higher like in India. Comparative prices have been mentioned on TBHP threads in muliple places. It deserves to be a major hit in those markets worldwide but out here? for that matter the Endy, Pajero etc. too are overpriced. It is the fact that despite being a CKD it still has CBU like pricing that hurts.

So there is a point about the fortuner being plane jane on the inside. (Great looks, Great Engine, Great Support - Poor price - for the lack of features, safety equipment list, gizmos, brake feel and interior feel -)

It like a take it or leave it offer than many take (or rather are forced to with a question in their minds) due to the absence of options.
Old 27th October 2010, 18:02   #447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

I would like to take back this statement of mine.

When i went for the TD of Aria, i was very impressed by its looks & feature list compared to the innova & actually thought its a better buy over the innova. I just did a small test drive, but dint do a proper highway test drive.

after reading what has been mentioned in ACI, i feel what they have said makes sense too.

strip out all the features from the Aria and its not a vastly improved or a very radical car that allows TATA to demand this sort of money. the ride & handling of innova is much better, interior quality, fit & finish of innova is leagues ahead. most importantly, toyota's A.S.S, reliability & brand value cannot be matched by TATA.

So now, even i do agree with GTO that the Aria is priced on the higher side. the novelty of these features die within a few months. ask me, i have a scorpio VLX! i have never used the cruise control or steering mounted controls or bluetooth pairing in HU!

Last edited by raj_5004 : 27th October 2010 at 18:05.
Old 27th October 2010, 19:28   #448
BHPian

Beautiful review !

I read that the new Tata Safari second generation will be built on the Aria X2 platform and is speculated to have a spacious cabin with a stronger structure, equipped with advanced handling and sophisticated technology. Any news by when we could expect it ?
Old 27th October 2010, 20:15   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Not at this price, its retailing at twice Innova's price which is ridiculous.
Old 27th October 2010, 20:18   #450
Senior - BHPian

Concorde Motors is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tata Motors, so they should be upto the mark in sales and service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks