Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2013, 19:19   #841
BHPian

Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
@lurker,

The ARIA in all trims / versions comes with ABS+EBD as standard. What the Pure / Pure LX do not have in terms of safety eqpt are AIrbags for driver + passenger.
This is one mystery that I have not been able to get an answer to. According to the Aria web portal (http://www.tataaria.com/main/specs-variants#Variants), the LX version doesn't come with ABS-EBD, but I may be wrong. At the above link, from the drop-down list, select Brake System.

Last edited by ambujlal : 3rd June 2013 at 19:20. Reason: more information.
Old 4th June 2013, 21:16   #842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
This is one mystery that I have not been able to get an answer to. According to the Aria web portal (http://www.tataaria.com/main/specs-variants#Variants), the LX version doesn't come with ABS-EBD, but I may be wrong. At the above link, from the drop-down list, select Brake System.
No mystery. Pure Lx does NOT have ABS/EBD.
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2013, 22:26   #843
BANNED

Quote:
@ambujlal : You are correct, the Pure LX is devoid of ABS+EBD. My mistake, there was no LX when I bought the Pure, that's the error.
lifebuoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2013, 17:06   #844
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
Performance was superb. Steering is sharp, it points right where you want it to. Had a tough time when a sand truck on the middle lane just decided to turn right with me just about to overtake (at about 100 Kmph) in the right most lane, on the Raj Nagar Extn road, near MOhan Nagar, GZB. I stood on the brakes, there was a momentary screech, then the tyres unlocked (or so I thought), the ARIA came to a dead stop in a straight line, no skidding, no judders, no drama whatsoever ! GOD saved me ! The A/C is top class and the inner temp (measured with a multimeter) was 26 deg C inside when the outside was 46.
Yep I too have had an occasion to require super immediate braking (on the JJ Flyover in Mumbai) and the Aria performed very very well. It was a scary moment though.

Yep the AC is also quite good, but I did require the blower to be replaced once due to a ticking noise at 1-3 blower levels.

The Temperature Gauge for outside temp is quite sluggish and doesn't react in real time to temperature changes though and the temp shown too was not as accurate as in the Laura.
Old 16th June 2013, 10:46   #845
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post

The Temperature Gauge for outside temp is quite sluggish and doesn't react in real time to temperature changes though and the temp shown too was not as accurate as in the Laura.
Yes, the outside temp reading does not seem to reflect correct OAT. BUt then, who cares and what's its utility anyways ?

An update with my Pure : 14K + kms on the clock now, FE: consistent 11.6-11.8 with AC (one) in Delhi city. 3rd service done at Concorde, Okhla (15K kms or one year, the latter happened at approx 13,400 kms) on 11 May 13. Total Cost : Rs 83XX (inclusive of Wheel Balancing, cost of weights, alignment, engine oil, fuel + oil filters, Bardahl AC cleanser, rear wiper replaced at my request (Rs 509/-).
Old 7th July 2013, 19:40   #846
BHPian

I dont know what kind of make-over ARIA is going through, I am not able to find "Prestige" variant at all from its online pricing, http://www.tataaria.com/price
Any news, anyone ?

Prem.
Old 7th July 2013, 21:01   #847
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
I dont know what kind of make-over ARIA is going through, I am not able to find "Prestige" variant at all from its online pricing, http://www.tataaria.com/price
Any news, anyone ?

Prem.
ARIA now comes in three variants only. Pure LX, Pleasure and Pride with appropriate price reductions. Pleasure is at erstwhile pure price point and pride at prestige price point
rkg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2013, 20:15   #848
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Aria is attempting to find the exclusivity slot in the market occupied by the Land Cruiser. They both sold 3&2 ad 2&3 units in the last two month, and 8&6 units respectively in the month before that.

Matching it each step of the way.

They are probably going to attempt a major re-launch with significant price revisions as well as a decent facelift.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2013, 22:12   #849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They are probably going to attempt a major re-launch with significant price revisions as well as a decent facelift.
Question to all - should the Aria branding be continued or should the new one come with a different name ?
Old 8th July 2013, 22:39   #850
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its too little too late! The car flopped the day the prices were announced. Just last month Tata re-launched 8 cars with a nip & a tuck but what happened?!
The Aria facelift is expected to get smoked headlamps & clear lens taillamps from the spy pics. And also i think power has been upped to 258bhp. It's going to be an uphill task for Tata to garner sales during the festive season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Question to all - should the Aria branding be continued or should the new one come with a different name ?
Aria Maria!
Old 9th July 2013, 10:41   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
And also i think power has been upped to 258bhp. It's going to be an uphill task for Tata to garner sales during the festive season.
I guess you meant 148, 158 BHP? If its 258BHP, Man, that would be something!
Old 9th July 2013, 10:46   #852
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess you meant 148, 158 BHP? If its 258BHP, Man, that would be something!
Sorry, that was a typo! 158bhp is what it should be.
Old 9th July 2013, 11:03   #853
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

The Branding has to continue. Too much is invested in the name ARIA and in it's case it was the value proposition at fault not really the vehicle though better reliability would have helped.

158 BHP will take it to the top of the charts except for the Fortuner. AT box to will help it go along vs the Rexton as well. (Provided it comes in a min of 3L cheaper than the Rexton) TATA needs to go along with the Greater Value for Money theme till it is again the No 2 car manufacturer in India if ever, before attempting a different positioning.
Old 9th July 2013, 11:45   #854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Branding has to continue. Too much is invested in the name ARIA and in it's case it was the value proposition at fault not really the vehicle though better reliability would have helped.
I have a difference of opinion, with facelift a new name is also required. In collective memory of consumers ARIA implies something which did not sell well . People do not research about the history and try to find if it was really capable or not.

Looks are number one factor in this market .

A new name will have a new start.

My wishlist for facelift.

1. Invest in chnage of dies of last panel.
Long tail lights right from Nano to Aria was a bad decision.

Broad tail lights covering some portion of tail door will definately work. As of now the rear door looks too innova like and it gets compared to Innova.

2. Change the front grill and headlight shape to some thing more mean. May be like this KIA

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/148606.jpg

There is too much of Indica in the face of ARIA as of now.

3. A top end 4X4 version with with 4H and 4L gears

4. middle all wheel drive variants can continue.

In nutshell a lader frame chasis heavy SUV positioned and sold as SUV and not a SUV positioned as crossover MUV.

Last edited by amitk26 : 9th July 2013 at 11:46.
amitk26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2013, 11:51   #855
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

^^

I would agree with this but for the fact that these kind of changes would not happen even a year from today. Yep they can ditch the name Aria if they are going to give the vehicle a totally new look as well. But since that would not happen there is no point in just giving a name change.

Also from the point of view of people who have already bought the Aria (I have already sold mine so does not apply to me.) it will mean discontinuation of a vehicle in less than 3 years from launch and if that were to be the case then why would new customers go for a TATA vehicle is the long term existence of a new product is not reasonably assured?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks