Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2013, 19:21   #856
BANNED

Re: Tata Aria : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
^^

Also from the point of view of people who have already bought the Aria (I have already sold mine so does not apply to me.)
What price did you get ACM ?
Old 16th July 2013, 10:35   #857
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
What price did you get ACM ?
Am sorry about not being able to give an exact price. Since I had unacceptable issues with the Aria and was able to convince TATA of the same it was effectively returned back to them through their owned dealership at more or less what I would call a refund - though technically it was a resale. Though am not bound by any agreement to the effect I would not like to mention the exact financials but it should suffice to say that the transaction considered the fact that I was a repeat customer after 175K kms in the Safari over 10 years, who had bought one of their first Aria units - which was proven to be a risk in my case - and considered the innumerable visits (time and money) I had to make to their service centre and the accompanying stress and effort.

I would still maintain it is a wonderful vehicle and frankly nothing matches it at the price point and beyond except now the Rexton. My specific car has issues which were not necessarily found in all Aria (though some were) and I had a high running usage that involved many outstation trips that made me vulnerable. There are others who have been even more loyal TATA customers and others who have had even more faults with the Aria, but I guess it was possibly my persistence and balanced approach that worked my favour along with a combination of other factors but it too many months of discussion to arrive at a conclusion that was acceptable to me. I don't see this specific resale model really working with anyone else so will not get into further details. TATA service centre WASAN at Chembur were quite responsive and competent in their service, the fault lay with the product quality (possibly the specific unit.).

The almost 18L OTR top model Aria 4X4 Pride would now after 2.5 years fetch at the most Rs. 7.5-8.5L on resale - a fact seen through many such Aria on sale on Carwale for these kind of pricing with infact just 30-40K kms on board compared to my 61,000 kms. The vehicle was in prime scratchless condition with a valid comprehensive insurance though and as per TATA all issues were sorted out though I was not 100% sure anymore. My Family still loves the vehicle but have to move on to other options in the future when we look at things objectively. It would make a wonderful vehicle for someone to buy preowned for upto 8.5L - I would suggest the Pride mode.
ACM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 17:07   #858

Hi Team,

This is my first post since my account being activated few months back. I am not very good at writing so please excuse my typos. The reason why I am on this thread even before doing an Introduction thread, is because I need some real help on Aria Pleasure 4x2.

I owned a Fiat Palio 1.2 ELX Nv 2 years back, sold it off to buy a Innova, but postponed it for some or the other reasons.
I am currently doing TD of cars which can
· carry at least 6 people (though occasionally)
· some good amount of luggage (my 1 year young son has lots for us to carry)
· within a 14-15L On Road Budget.

I have a considerable amount of commute requirement, hence going for Diesel.
I could finally reach out to 3 contenders. Innova 2.5 GX 8 seater, Ertiga ZDI & XUV 500 W6.

Last weekend, while doing some finalization TD of Ertiga and Innova, I also hit Concorde Motors, Pune, to do a TD of ARIA and somehow I felt it more refined in terms of driving than the Innova.

Can any current owners help me with some thought process on ARIA, its known issues/niggles, what should I be prepared for considering it’s a Tata Product.

Also if anyone can help me with some current Owner in Pune with whom I can speak to and get a first hand review.

Thanks,
Amit

Last edited by khan_sultan : 16th September 2013 at 18:03.
Old 17th September 2013, 09:42   #859
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Aria Automatic (AT) Spied !

Apart from the various cosmetic changes, the major mechanical change was the introduction of a new 6-speed Automatic Transmission on the crossover which will be mated to the high-powered 155PS/400NM version of the same 2.2L diesel motor.

http://motorbash.com/xclusive-tata-a...rst-time-ever/
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 10:02   #860
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpradhan View Post
Hi Team,

The reason why I am on this thread even before doing an Introduction thread, is because I need some real help on Aria Pleasure 4x2.

I am currently doing TD of cars which can
· carry at least 6 people (though occasionally)
· some good amount of luggage (my 1 year young son has lots for us to carry)
· within a 14-15L On Road Budget.

I have a considerable amount of commute requirement, hence going for Diesel.
I could finally reach out to 3 contenders. Innova 2.5 GX 8 seater, Ertiga ZDI & XUV 500 W6.

Last weekend, while doing some finalization TD of Ertiga and Innova, I also hit Concorde Motors, Pune, to do a TD of ARIA and somehow I felt it more refined in terms of driving than the Innova.

Can any current owners help me with some thought process on ARIA, its known issues/niggles, what should I be prepared for considering it’s a Tata Product.

Also if anyone can help me with some current Owner in Pune with whom I can speak to and get a first hand review.

Thanks,
Amit
Hi! welcome aboard. You could check out my thread on the Aria doing a search with the words "Heart over Mind Aria"

Aria is indeed in my view the best vehicle among the options mentioned by you but reliability will not come close to the Innova. If you will be driving yourself the Aria will make sense. The middle row is also superb. The Innova third row is better.

Considering that a face lift is due this year itself. I would suggest that you get yourself a preowned one which has done about 40,000 kms or less from 2012 year. Try for the Pride 4X4 model. You should get one below 9-10L. It will cover the depreciation issues and also put money in your pocket for the future. Get a vehicle with what would be a 4 year 150,000 kms warranty (including the extended warranty), so that you have 2+ years of warranty pending.
Old 18th September 2013, 18:20   #861

Thanks ACM for your inputs. I will indeed be driving the vehicle myself, and hence the driveability factor carries good weightage in the selection process. Innova is a great vehicle for passengers, however my perception post driving ARIA changed on the self driven criteria. I felt ARIA to be more better for somone who is going to drive it himself.

Today I had one more test drive of ARIA with my better half (who is more inclined to Innova). She like ARIA and felt it had good handling capabilities at par with Innova. Yes, the 3rd row seating is better in Innova, but ARIA's 3rd row seating and Boot space fitted my requirements.

On the ARIA face-lift, I checked with the sales guy of Concorde Pune, and he said, there is only the AT varient planned for ARIA, however considering the current market conditions, the company has postponed its plans to productionise this till 2015 mid at least. The productionisation cost is too high viza-viz the actual demand at this moment. They will be more concentrating in investing on more Nano and Indica varients till early 2015. I think they feel the Nano will sell more alongside the "NaMo" effect :-)

I am not currently in favor of a used car, as I am more inclined to go for a new one and use this for the next 7/8 years at least. Will the current ARIA production fit my 7 year requirement? If yes, I am ready to ignore the resale criteria.

I am going through your post "Heart over Mind Aria" which is indeed helping my thought process.

Shall keep you posted with further queries and updates.

Thanks,
Amit
Old 19th September 2013, 10:38   #862
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks ACM for your inputs. I will indeed be driving the vehicle myself, and hence the driveability factor carries good weightage in the selection process. Innova is a great vehicle for passengers, however my perception post driving ARIA changed on the self driven criteria. I felt ARIA to be more better for somone who is going to drive it himself.

Today I had one more test drive of ARIA with my better half (who is more inclined to Innova). She like ARIA and felt it had good handling capabilities at par with Innova. Yes, the 3rd row seating is better in Innova, but ARIA's 3rd row seating and Boot space fitted my requirements.

On the ARIA face-lift, I checked with the sales guy of Concorde Pune, and he said, there is only the AT varient planned for ARIA, however considering the current market conditions, the company has postponed its plans to productionise this till 2015 mid at least. The productionisation cost is too high viza-viz the actual demand at this moment. They will be more concentrating in investing on more Nano and Indica varients till early 2015. I think they feel the Nano will sell more alongside the "NaMo" effect :-)

I am not currently in favor of a used car, as I am more inclined to go for a new one and use this for the next 7/8 years at least. Will the current ARIA production fit my 7 year requirement? If yes, I am ready to ignore the resale criteria.

I am going through your post "Heart over Mind Aria" which is indeed helping my thought process.

Shall keep you posted with further queries and updates.

Thanks,
Amit
Iam in the same boat as you are. Iam planning to go for base model. I had several test drives. with base model i had a 30 Km test drive where i tested it for braking efficiency @ 120 KMPH on electronic city flyover. The car has stopped in a straight line without any fuss on panic braking( simulated).
Iam unable to make up mind due to 1. refresh is due
2. car selling in too less numbers
I was told by some one that it is coming with new gear box from a highly reputed firm. Hence the dilemma
Old 19th September 2013, 10:46   #863

Hi rkg,

Thats great, then we both maybe can help each other reach to come conclusion and any insights.
On the refresh, as mentioned, I check this here with a Tata guy working in the R&D unit of ARIA and he said, it is not planned for any productionisation in near future (atleast till 2015 end). Same goes with tha AT model. Can anyone who has got some more insights on this help us..

Car selling in less numbers is due to the past history of sales, service and price point this car carries. It will take time for Tata to change a buyers perception post the changes done from 2012 onwards production. This will now not be easy as there are many competitors now.

Gear Box change is new to me, let me check and keep you posted.

Thanks,
Amit
Old 19th September 2013, 11:58   #864

Hi Team,

Can some Pune Owner who has a 2013 ARIA model, help me with his number. I will want to get your review on the experience so far. The reason for a 2013 model owner is that all the reviews I have read so far are bad expereinces of 2010/2011 & early 2012 models. Also these experience are more with ASS from Tata dealers & in some cases the production models which were earlier sold by Tata dealers like Pandit, BU Bhandari.
I am trying to figure out the below:
1. Has the vehicle issues reported so far reduced in the 2013 model?
2. With the change in the ARIA sales and after sales moved to Tata subsidiaries -Concorde in Pune, is the ASS experience better?
3. Is having only 1 ASS in Pune causing any issue in terms of monopoly?

Thanks,
Amit
Old 19th September 2013, 12:23   #865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3. Is having only 1 ASS in Pune causing any issue in terms of monopoly?

Thanks,
Amit
Amit, as far as I know, there are 3 and not 1 ASS in Pune. Concorde, Pandit, and National. BU Bhandari no longer is a TATA dealer/ASS and almost the entire team has been taken over by National.
Old 19th September 2013, 12:28   #866

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Amit, as far as I know, there are 3 and not 1 ASS in Pune. Concorde, Pandit, and National. BU Bhandari no longer is a TATA dealer/ASS and almost the entire team has been taken over by National.
Not Sure about National, but Pandit no longer selles ARIA since Oct 2012. I had called up Pandit, and this is the reply I got from him. TATA has stopped any sale of ARIA from its dealers and now ARIA gets sold only by TATA subsidiaries.

Thanks,
Amit
Old 19th September 2013, 14:42   #867

Hi Team,

I spoke with 2 ARIA owners from Pune. I requested the dealer to share some current owner numbers who own the car whose production date is not before Dec 2012. He was prompt enough to do so, aparently he gave me numbers of owners whose ARIA experience is since June 2013. Without getting into any authenticity of the owner details, I decided to call them.
One owned a Pure and the other had a Pleasure model. Both of them had just clocked approx 2500 kms, and hence their feedback was more from the Buying, driveability, quality, 1st Service & overall dealership experience.

Both were happy on the above criterias at this moment.

Any Pune/Mumbai owners who own ARIA since late 2012 or early 2013. Please help with your feedback.

Thanks,
Amit
Old 19th September 2013, 15:59   #868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Am sorry about not being able to give an exact price. Since I had unacceptable issues with the Aria and was able to convince TATA of the same it was effectively returned back to them through their owned dealership at more or less what I would call a refund - though technically it was a resale.
Hope people don't start queuing up at Tata dealerships demanding a "refund" after reading your post.

I think, Tata never intended the Aria to be mass market model. Imagine if they had sole a lakh vehicles, their service centers would have been overflowing with Arias waiting to be repaired.

I guess the Aria was just a prototype which they sold to a few beta testers. The next gen Aria might be the real one.
Old 19th September 2013, 19:46   #869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post

I think, Tata never intended the Aria to be mass market model. Imagine if they had sole a lakh vehicles, their service centers would have been overflowing with Arias waiting to be repaired.

I guess the Aria was just a prototype which they sold to a few beta testers. The next gen Aria might be the real one.
Tell me that you are kidding, buddy. Tata was optimistic about the pricing and went wrong. Believe me, ARIA is not a prototype sold to beta users. IT IS THE REAL ARIA but a market dud.
I am not saying that it is a bad car but
Aria is a failure as far as sales is concerned due to two reasons: 1. Incorrect Pricing at launch (covered in Tbhp review as well)
2. Constant niggles and failures (majority ownerships reports reflect that)
Old 19th September 2013, 22:13   #870
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
This is the case with most new Tata Launches. They trap two categories of buyers. 1) The gullible, 2) The fans . I frankly don't mind Tata products, but wouldn't dare to buy until after 2 to 3 years of launch or a major upgrade.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks