Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2013, 17:55   #1501
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

See the attached brochure for Linea accessories. I recommend the boot mat. I use my ride's boot to carry all sorts of stuff and find the disposable mats a value for money product as the underlaying carpet is difficult to replace in case it is damaged. The other thing that I have bought thus far are the TYVEK cover and the illuminated sill plates with the TJet logo. The ones in the catalogue & available now say Linea but are of practical use nevertheless.

CATALOUGE LINEA V1 accessories.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Thanks everybody. Decision made: it will be the T-Jet Emotion for me!

I need your help with respect to the accessories required. I know at least the reverse camera is much needed; any tips on brand / model?

I need to go through the PDI checklist and the VIN thread now.

Here is a camera that I found on one of the ICE sites. Am in two minds whether to import it or not. The reason for my hesitation is the mounting arrangement, which in this model is on the license plate using the plate's fastening screws. My Jet has the new security number plates (actual ones issued by the RTO) which are riveted in (by design) and not screwed in. However the plates on vehicles in other states are still being screwed in and this camera can be easily mounted. Best part is that the set up is wireless thus doing away with the stripping/cutting of electrical wires.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...che-RVC1R.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
I would neither like to lose day / night functionality of OEM mirror nor mess with centre console. Is there something you could mount on dash just like satnav displays, preferably genuine Fiat accessory?

3M offers a whole lot of services. The one that is of actual use in a new car is the one where in they apply a sealer on the paint. This is a last stage application preceded by Wash, Clay, Wax & then Sealer. I did not get this step done as I detail my cars myself and did it once I drove the car back to Dilli.

What I did get done was an interior cleaning/shampoo and antibacterial treatment for the airconditioning vents in addition to detailing of the engine compartment. Reason being that my car had been sitting in the dealers godown for an year plus. You may want to get it done after the second service after 15000kms.

They also offer an underbody coating, protective film application etc. I have never been a fan of these underbody coatings as the paint process in the plant takes car of all the coatings that a car will ever need. The protective film though can be used on the bottom of the front bumper as that is a painted surface and goes down a long way under the body and maybe on the side rear view mirrors.

The best accessory though is the 3M NOMAD loop design mat. The 3M center will custom cut this to sit snug in the front and rear foot wells. These are the best things to keep your car clean. Here again though if you are the DIY kinds you could buy these from the 3M internet reseller's site at half the price and do the honours yourselves.

http://emahendra.com/matting/40-3m-nomad-loop.html

Quote:
I don't know what kind of reverse camera the dealership has, and don't know if a 3rd party product will be better. I too am relying on the existing Linea owners here to guide me. Considering it has a big behind, I think it is the first accessory I would install on an urgent basis.

I might want to change the OEM tyres, get some 3M work (again relying on owners here for advice)

Half the accessories on Fiat's website don't have a description, and the photo shows a whole car or the inside front, and I don't have a clue what the accessory being peddled is.

Linea looks elegant in Minimal Grey. A neighbor has one and it does make my head turn, not that my Bronzo Scuro looks bad but the MG holds it's own. Aesthetics apart being a lighter shade it is also more suitable for our climates as in ambient and driving. White is so private taxi cab & Black is best left to the S, 7 & A8s, just my 2 cents.

Quote:
Color certainly will not be Hip Hop Black or Tuscan Wine. Oceanic Blue? Don't know, have to see one first. Leaning towards Minimal Grey or New Pearl White.

Last edited by khoj : 7th July 2013 at 17:57.
khoj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2013, 18:46   #1502
Senior - BHPian

And she is home .... took quite a while at the dealership end but got everything done and got home a little while ago.

H 25 was final ODO reading.

Unfortunately much later than i had anticipated hence the photos will have to wait but will try and have an ownership thread and some photos out by tomorrow.
puchoo is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th July 2013, 19:59   #1503
BHPian

Is T-Jet available only in major cities? I don't see the pricing information available on Fiat India website for cities such as Chandigarh or Jalandhar. Is it possible to buy T-Jet from Delhi and register in Punjab? If so, could there be any problems with the servicing at local Fiat service center (would they have been trained to service T-Jet)?
Old 7th July 2013, 20:02   #1504
BHPian

Congrats, puchoo!

Please keep updating us on how you are accessorizing your beaut. I will be closely following in your footsteps, Guruji!
Old 7th July 2013, 20:39   #1505
Senior - BHPian

Thank you and i definitely will , will spend the first few days / weeks understanding the car and then get down to that.

Quote:
Congrats, puchoo!

Please keep updating us on how you are accessorizing your beaut. I will be closely following in your footsteps, Guruji!
Old 7th July 2013, 21:20   #1506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
For a more comfortable ride and cushioned feel, simply get the Emotion variant with 205/55R16 tyres and swap the OEM Goodyear Eagle NCT5s for Michelin Primacy LCs of the same size. Alternatively, Yokohama has an equivalent product called AVS DB550 in the same size, but the silence and cushioned ride are still better in the Primacy LC.
Thanks for the advise. If I reach that stage I will make prior arrangement with Michelin dealer. Have been using Michelin XM1 for the last 5 years and very satisfied with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Here is a camera that I found on one of the ICE sites. Am in two minds whether to import it or not. The reason for my hesitation is the mounting arrangement, which in this model is on the license plate using the plate's fastening screws.
Can't it be screwed on top of the license plate? I have been thinking about a camera that can be fitted inside the rear glass, roof mounted. If such a thing is available it would have two benefits: theft proof and view of rear boot hump. The later will help is visually judging safe distance. Display screen can possibly be mounted on the niche above the two central air vents. This would be a system without any inbuilt distance sensor, and could be used in tandem with the reverse parking sensor with just audio feedback.
Old 7th July 2013, 22:11   #1507
Senior - BHPian

No problem at all. Buy from Del. get the temp no. from the dealer/RTO as the case may be, drive home and get permanent registration done.

It is just a car (read Linea) with a turbo added on, the service is the same as for one without.

EDIT
Just remembered that the earlier lot of TJet was sold through dealers in PB as well. Infact the last one was sold by Joshi in GHD/Mohali (IIRC) for a shade under 6L just around the turn of this year, so the Jet is no stranger for the service guys there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
Is it possible to buy T-Jet from Delhi and register in Punjab? If so, could there be any problems with the servicing at local Fiat service center (would they have been trained to service T-Jet)?

Last edited by khoj : 7th July 2013 at 22:26.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2013, 22:45   #1508
BHPian

Quote:
What I did get done was an interior cleaning/shampoo and antibacterial treatment for the airconditioning vents
Is this also by 3M?

Quote:
in addition to detailing of the engine compartment.
What is detailing of engine compartment exactly?
Old 7th July 2013, 23:14   #1509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
Is T-Jet available only in major cities? I don't see the pricing information available on Fiat India website for cities such as Chandigarh or Jalandhar. Is it possible to buy T-Jet from Delhi and register in Punjab? If so, could there be any problems with the servicing at local Fiat service center (would they have been trained to service T-Jet)?
Rather than purchasing from Delhi,i would recommend that you get it from Metro Motor's Ambala,they are the best in region when it comes to Sales and After sales Service.
Old 7th July 2013, 23:15   #1510
Senior - BHPian

Yes it is by 3M

Basically they clean up the engine compartment and since they do every nook & cranny they refer to it as detailing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Is this also by 3M?

What is detailing of engine compartment exactly?
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2013, 23:18   #1511
BHPian

Thanks for the response guys.

I am planning this purchase in Jan/Feb next year; hopefully PB dealers will also get TJet stock by then..

Quote:

EDIT
Just remembered that the earlier lot of TJet was sold through dealers in PB as well. Infact the last one was sold by Joshi in GHD/Mohali (IIRC) for a shade under 6L just around the turn of this year, so the Jet is no stranger for the service guys there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Rather than purchasing from Delhi,i would recommend that you get it from Metro Motor's Ambala,they are the best in region when it comes to Sales and After sales Service.
Old 7th July 2013, 23:24   #1512
BHPian

Feels great to see so many tjet future owners lining up. Its an awesome piece of engineering. Happy mile munching to all.
I am eagerly waiting for June 2013 sales report.
Old 8th July 2013, 00:59   #1513
BHPian

Quote:
Linea looks elegant in Minimal Grey. A neighbor has one and it does make my head turn, not that my Bronzo Scuro looks bad but the MG holds it's own. Aesthetics apart being a lighter shade it is also more suitable for our climates as in ambient and driving. White is so private taxi cab & Black is best left to the S, 7 & A8s, just my 2 cents.
Exactly my thoughts as well. After having owned OB color myself IMO linea looks best in lighter colors ike MG, BS, and TW.

Quote:
Thanks. It's the wonderful folks here who helped me decide. If not for TBHP, Fiat would not even have been in my shortlist.

Color certainly will not be Hip Hop Black or Tuscan Wine. Oceanic Blue? Don't know, have to see one first. Leaning towards Minimal Grey or New Pearl White.
OB is nice tempting color but it also acts as scratch magnet. No matter what you do you will see few hair line scratches after every wash. However new OB Linea looks irresistible, that's what I found.

I own OB Linea and so far I have just one other Linea with same color just couple of weeks ago. Strangely that car's occupants were father-son duo like us and that too of similar age groups I guess.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 8th July 2013 at 01:13.
Old 8th July 2013, 01:26   #1514
Senior - BHPian

My other ride is actually Blue but a different shade from the OB being a different brand. You can see the Alpine Blue of my Mitsubishi in my updated avatar. I chose the snap to share my ICE install with you, which BTW is going to be revamped very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
Exactly my thoughts as well. After having owned OB color myself IMO linea looks best in lighter colors ike MG, BS, and TW.

OB is nice tempting color but it also acts as scratch magnet. No matter what you do you will see few hair line scratches after every wash. However new OB Linea looks irresistible, that's what I found.

I own OB Linea and so far I have just one other Linea with same color just couple of weeks ago. Strangely that car's occupants were father-son duo like us and that too of similar age groups I guess.
Old 8th July 2013, 02:08   #1515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post

Quote:
My other ride is actually Blue but a different shade from the OB being a different brand. You can see the Alpine Blue of my Mitsubishi in my updated avatar. I chose the snap to share my ICE install with you, which BTW is going to be revamped very soon.
To each his own,i own a Minimal Grey Linea MJD,and i wish it was a Bronzo Sucoro,or Sunbeam beige

Most Viewed