Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2013, 02:14   #1516
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Sort of the grass is always greener on the other side..

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
To each his own,i own a Minimal Grey Linea MJD,and i wish it was a Bronzo Sucoro,or Sunbeam beige
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2013, 02:49   #1517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Linea looks elegant in Minimal Grey. A neighbor has one and it does make my head turn, not that my Bronzo Scuro looks bad but the MG holds it's own. Aesthetics apart being a lighter shade it is also more suitable for our climates as in ambient and driving. White is so private taxi cab & Black is best left to the S, 7 & A8s, just my 2 cents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
Exactly my thoughts as well. After having owned OB color myself IMO linea looks best in lighter colors ike MG, BS, and TW.
Color is purely a personal preference. I (like many others) always lusted for a black saloon. Yes, black looks awesomely majestic on a long-ish car and Linea fits the bill perfectly.

Grey was definitely a close second, but Fiat made my decision easier by not launching the Jet in that color. Yes, Bronzo Scuro and Sun Beam Beige were other contenders, but I felt SBB looks a bit, umm, maturish while BS was not available when I bought Jet.

Net-net, everything was pointing in the direction of a Hip Hop Black TJet - something that I always desired.
nishantgandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2013, 07:52   #1518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
I own OB Linea and so far I have just one other Linea with same color just couple of weeks ago. Strangely that car's occupants were father-son duo like us and that too of similar age groups I guess.
Sure you weren't seeing yourselves in another dimension?
Old 8th July 2013, 11:55   #1519
BHPian

Where are people getting their T-Jets insured and for how much?

My Baleno in Chennai was with HDFC Ergo with 50% NCB. Car was in my wife's name. Sold it before moving. I will be buying the T-Jet in my name. HDFC Ergo won't give the NCB because I'm a different person.

For Rs. 10.2 Lakhs, with age discount, they're quoting Rs. 38,334 for Zero-Dep (they call it bumper-to-bumper) and Rs. 26,873 for comprehensive. Does this sound right? Off hand, seems high to me.

Advice, suggestions, please? Thanks.

ps: Mods, sorry for back-to-back posts.
Old 8th July 2013, 12:12   #1520
Senior - BHPian

For my T-Jet i got it from Bharti AXA , Zero dep policy and i paid about 24,000 for it. Comprehensive policies are far cheaper and with players such as Iffco Tokio they can be as little as 17,000 for this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post

My Baleno in Chennai was with HDFC Ergo with 50% NCB. Car was in my wife's name. Sold it before moving. I will be buying the T-Jet in my name. HDFC Ergo won't give the NCB because I'm a different person.

For Rs. 10.2 Lakhs, with age discount, they're quoting Rs. 38,334 for Zero-Dep (they call it bumper-to-bumper) and Rs. 26,873 for comprehensive. Does this sound right? Off hand, seems high to me.

Advice, suggestions, please? Thanks.

ps: Mods, sorry for back-to-back posts.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2013, 12:25   #1521
BHPian

Hyderabad folks, need your help. I was offered a T jet(second hand). Want this car to be thoroughly checked by a qualified engineer.

Can you help me by recommending any good engineers you might have worked with in the past?

Thanks in advance
Klever

Last edited by Klever : 8th July 2013 at 12:28.
Old 8th July 2013, 14:42   #1522
Senior - BHPian

I got free insurance from FIAT through Future Generalli. Got this upgraded to zero dep. by paying an extra premium of 6.4K.

You may want to check with Royal Sundram, Reliance General & Bharati Axa. These three offer very competitive rates. I use Royal for the rides that I take out on the highway simply on account of their bundled On road assistance programme called My TVS. This is free from the conditional road side assistance programmes offered by OEMs that are restricted to a specific distance from their respective dealerships.

Quote:
Old 8th July 2013, 15:06   #1523
Senior - BHPian

Finally we get to see few BHPians who are voting for T-Jet with their wallets too. Feels good to see the tribe increasing.
I renewed the insurance of my Jet with BajajAllianz and IIRC I paid around 17K. I bought comprehensive policy and not Zero-dep and the IDV is in the range of 7.8-8 lacs IIRC.
I have not opted for 0-dep beacuse in the past 12 years of owning a car, I have not taken any claim so am more comfortable with comprehensive policy.
My Jet is one and a half year old and its a April 2011 manufactured piece.

Last edited by carwatcher : 8th July 2013 at 15:08.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2013, 17:10   #1524
BHPian

ICICI Lombard says they can't offer zero dep on the phone or online, only at a branch. Their quote was Rs. 24,156 for comprehensive, IDV of Rs. 9.02 L

Bharati AXA just called, and offered zero dep of on road value + roadside assistance for Rs. 26,864. I wonder how they are offering zero dep for the priice others are quoting for comprehensive.

Anybody have claims experience with Bharati AXA?

I'll check out Royal Sundaram, Reliance and Bajaj Alliance too. Thanks!
Old 8th July 2013, 18:15   #1525
BHPian

I had settled a claim with Bharti AXA in the beginning of this year. The surveyor did his survey by himself (we were not informed the timing, he did it in coordination with the workshop manager), and approved the repair based on estimate made by the workshop.

When work was completed, final bill was sent to them directly by the workshop. They reverted stating their share of the bill and we were told by the workshop manager to settle balance and take the vehicle. Our share came to about 40% of total bill for accident repair of a 4.5 years old car.

In a way it is hassle free but I would have liked more transparency and direct communication between insurer and insured. Another lesson learned from this experience is to opt for zero depreciation insurance as far as possible.
Old 8th July 2013, 18:22   #1526
BHPian

Thanks Guite. More quotes (all are for T-Jet Emotion):

Bajaj Alliance: Zero dep, each passenger covered for Rs. 2 lacs: premium Rs. 28,183

Reliance: Each passenger Rs. 1 lac, IDV of Rs. 10.28 L, Zero Dep, Total cover (in case of theft, etc.): Rs. 51k !!!

Royal Sundaram: around Rs. 27k for Rs. 2 lac per passenger & driver, zero dep, Auto Club member

All the insurance websites are screwed up. The don't show the proper variants; it looks like they are not aware of Fiat's relaunch earlier this year. They still show T-Jet, T-Jet Plus, etc. The IDV shown is low; some websites show Rs. 6.5 lacs!

Sheesh!
Old 8th July 2013, 20:27   #1527
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Guite. More quotes (all are for T-Jet Emotion):

Bajaj Alliance: Zero dep, each passenger covered for Rs. 2 lacs: premium Rs. 28,183

Reliance: Each passenger Rs. 1 lac, IDV of Rs. 10.28 L, Zero Dep, Total cover (in case of theft, etc.): Rs. 51k !!!

Royal Sundaram: around Rs. 27k for Rs. 2 lac per passenger & driver, zero dep, Auto Club member

All the insurance websites are screwed up. The don't show the proper variants; it looks like they are not aware of Fiat's relaunch earlier this year. They still show T-Jet, T-Jet Plus, etc. The IDV shown is low; some websites show Rs. 6.5 lacs!

Sheesh!
Teacher, I'm guessing you are from Chennai. In that case, you can contact this guy called Syed, who is the area sales manager of Bajaj Allianz for Parry's region and some other regions too. He has been taking care of my automobile insurance needs for many years now, and over the time he has grown up to become a very good friend of mine. His number is 9840957869. You can introduce yourself as Muthu's friend, probably can add, "the tall guy who owns a red Punto".

He is very reliable and should be able to give you a very competitive quote. You can decide on your discretion.

Mods: Pls remove the post, if inappropriate.
CliffHanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2013, 21:45   #1528
BHPian

Thanks Cliff. I was in Chennai till May end; now I am in Bangalore (moved)!

Do you still think your pal can help me? Sometimes companies have these territories, etc. and enforce them strictly.

The guy who was doing my insurance in Chennai seems strangely disinterested in my needs now.
Old 8th July 2013, 23:37   #1529
Senior - BHPian

What are these guys smoking.. Was this online or did someone from Reliance speak with you and then mailed the offer?
In either case there is a goof up somewhere and a requote is in order.

Quote:
More quotes (all are for T-Jet Emotion):

Old 9th July 2013, 01:11   #1530
Senior - BHPian

Yes they are not updated and its quite a pain , i had to explain to each and every one of them on the phone about it being relaunched etc , and most of them annoyingly kept calling it T- Zed!!

Note to everyone , please do keep in mind that the T-jet and the T-jet plus carry different ex showrooms , so in case one of them says go for this please be careful - one of the reasons i went with Axa was because even though they did not have it in the system they calculated it basis the new ex - showroom.

Quote:

Sheesh!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks