Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2013, 23:25   #1546
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick145 View Post
Can somebody also comment on the turning radius of the new Linea? Is it too high or something? I was reading some car magazine and they listed it as a negative point.
I think some of the complaints about the turning circle could also be due to the harder steering compared to most other cars in its class. I think this needs to be taken into account, especially while doing tight turns and parking in congested parking lots.

If I'm not mistaken, the C-class has a turning radius of 5.4m (almost same as my 2010 Punto) and it's a much longer car than the Punto. But frankly, I find it's a lot easier to get the C-class into the small, tight parking lot at my apartment than the Punto. So much so, that a friend of mine (who owns a 2011 Punto) once saw me reversing the C-class into my parking lot and remarked that it's not fair that a much bigger car than Punto is so much easier to park .
Old 11th July 2013, 00:13   #1547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
I booked my Minimal Grey T-Jet Emotion today.
Congrats!

Quote:
Don't know what tyres I'll get with the car. Is there a reliable tyre shop closer to Meenakshi Temple on Bannerghatta Road? Madhu's is a bit far for me to go to, even the Basvangudi branch.

Thanks.
Stock tyres are likely Goodyear NCT5s. There's a Sai Iyengar's branch near (north of) IIM gate.
nareshov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 07:40   #1548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Congratulations Teacher. Nice colour too !

13.5K is too much for the reverse camera and that too an Autocop. Save your money and spend it else where. IIRC FIAT original accessory is priced much lower no more than 6K.

For other accessories go through the brochure that I have attached to one of my posts.

In case you are buying mud flaps, insist on the ones that came with the ABSOLUTE edition. The original Fiat ones look ugly when mounted as they have the mounting screws exposed.

I have posted above a snap of the absolute mud flap as mounted on my Jet. You can see the hole left behind by the earlier flap which was what else but the original FIAT accessory.
Thanks khoj. Any suggestions on the reversing camera, then? The original Fiat one is not a camera but an ultrasound one that only beeps and shows distance to object with dots or some such. I'd prefer a camera based unit where I can actually see what's there.

I'll ask for the Absolute edition mud flaps. Hope they'll have them. This dealership is a 3S place (Sales, Service, Spares) and has a body shop on premises, so chances are good they'll have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
Congrats!

Stock tyres are likely Goodyear NCT5s. There's a Sai Iyengar's branch near (north of) IIM gate.
Any idea if the Goodyears are worth keeping in terms of grip, noise, etc.? Since you mentioned Sai Iyengar, I presume I can go there if I want to change my tyres?
Old 11th July 2013, 10:41   #1549
BHPian

Congratulations Teacher, that is an awesome buy. The minimal grey emotion tjet is also something I'm considering for my car upgrade. Will have to think really hard about going with Fiat again.
Kartik Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 10:45   #1550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I booked my Minimal Grey T-Jet Emotion today. Wanted to do it last Sunday, but was house bound with flu-like symptoms.

Don't know what tyres I'll get with the car. Is there a reliable tyre shop closer to Meenakshi Temple on Bannerghatta Road? Madhu's is a bit far for me to go to, even the Basvangudi branch.

Thanks.
Congrats!! Expect the alloys to be Good Year and the spare to be Apollo. That what i got.

Quote:
Here's what I will be paying. Standard fitment consists of mats, Ganesha idol and air freshener. I wanted Zero-Dep (or bumper-bumper), and that will be approx. Rs. 6.5k extra. The last line obscured by the TBHP logo says Net Payable.
Quote:

I'll ask for the Absolute edition mud flaps. Hope they'll have them. This dealership is a 3S place (Sales, Service, Spares) and has a body shop on premises, so chances are good they'll have it.

Any idea if the Goodyears are worth keeping in terms of grip, noise, etc.? Since you mentioned Sai Iyengar, I presume I can go there if I want to change my tyres?
Will take a photo of the flaps i got , they seem to be identical to the absolute ones ,could be the same ones as well with Fiat engraved on them as well.

I have not taken the car beyond 80 yet , but at this the Good Year's are fine , ofcourse totally subjective to each individual but you might consider running on them a bit and try them before upgrading

The Michelin Primary LC is what i would consider as an upgrade but a bit expensive at approximately 8000 per tyre.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 10:51   #1551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks khoj. Any suggestions on the reversing camera, then? The original Fiat one is not a camera but an ultrasound one that only beeps and shows distance to object with dots or some such. I'd prefer a camera based unit where I can actually see what's there.
Congrats on booking the jet.There are many good quality after market camera + sensor options available in accessory shops for ~ 6500 Rs.You can call autoshop in koramangala they have something which is almost similar to the one available in verna if i remember correctly the brand was steel mate or something similar.
ms001 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 10:55   #1552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post

I have posted above a snap of the absolute mud flap as mounted on my Jet. You can see the hole left behind by the earlier flap which was what else but the original FIAT accessory.
Hi Khoj, thanks for the pic - I have been meaning to get my mud flaps changed for some time, will ask for the absolute mud flaps.

On a different note, I am contemplating changing the shoes on my Tjet some time soon. The car is still running on the stock goodyears. I noticed that you have Bridgestones. Could you perhaps shed some light on how has been your experience with them(in terms of tyre noise and grip), size and what they cost.

Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 10:56   #1553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any idea if the Goodyears are worth keeping in terms of grip, noise, etc.?
Pre 2013 owners too got GY Eagle NCT5s as stock tyres. They too should be able to tell you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
The Michelin Primary LC is what i would consider as an upgrade but a bit expensive at approximately 8000 per tyre.
Where are you getting PLCs in 205/55R16 size at 8000rs??? If you are getting them at this price grab them ASAP.

A year ago when I was exploring options for my Punto, PLCs at that size was quoted to me at 8700rs, and prices have only gone up since then.
julupani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 11:02   #1554
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Firstly congrats on booking the Tjet. The goodyears are decent on grip but noisy. Its also prone to uneven wear. Please refer to Karthik's Tjet thread.

You could look at swapping the tyres to Michelin PLC or Yokohama AVS DB right after delivery to. Both should cost you around 9k for each less the exchange price for the Goodyears.

If you need more help, please do drop me a PM.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 11:26   #1555
Senior - BHPian

They were on offer at a website , one of the current websites has them listed at 9000 now but there was an offer on briefly that got them down to that price. I know someone who knows someone in Michelin so when the time comes i am going to try and use that to see how much i can bring the price down by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
Pre 2013 owners too got GY Eagle NCT5s as stock tyres. They too should be able to tell you.

Where are you getting PLCs in 205/55R16 size at 8000rs??? If you are getting them at this price grab them ASAP.

A year ago when I was exploring options for my Punto, PLCs at that size was quoted to me at 8700rs, and prices have only gone up since then.
Old 11th July 2013, 11:43   #1556
BHPian

After reading all the feedback and comments, I have booked a test drive today for the 1.4 Emotion T-Jet. I have to finalize a car between the Ecosport and the T-jet Linea. 190mm ground clearance is more than enough for me and the pricing is also similar for both these cars. I am inclined towards the Linea for reasons such as more space, better handling, proper sedan and of course much better drive ability.

Just confirming, the best tyres available for the Lina T-Jet 1.4 Emotion are:

Michelin 205/55R16 PLC
Yokohama AVS DB (model no?)
Old 11th July 2013, 11:57   #1557
Senior - BHPian

Few more , slightly lower quality as they were taken from the phone.

The infamous ignition area , Fiat seems to have rectified the installation and the fit is now looking fine.

Leather on the door , padded sufficiently as well

The music system. To me it looks identical to to the system that has always been present on the car. USB pick up and playback has so far been good and have not encountered any problems either connecting a stick directly or a MP3 player via a USB.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-ignition.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-door-leather.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-m-head-unit.jpg  

Old 11th July 2013, 12:21   #1558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
My suggestion is you could order a test-drive home and check out the experience and difference in-person. Since you already have a Fiat, maybe you could pester them for loyalty bonus (not sure if they have such a scheme though)
They will not, I got an insulting 60k offer for Palio back in 2010 from KHT motors which was eventually sold for 1.1L in 2013 LOL! ..

I just happen to read your review Karthikk and I must say, I am glad that I bought my car in 2010. Back then, Mr. Deepak from kht motors suggested me to get the vehicle since majority of the parts were imported and high on quality. He also told me that once this vehicle model (2010 T Jet) is stopped we may not get the same stuff back again in future.

I somehow knew that I was paying more, but I am more than happy with the quality I received.

I think this spare converted to steel is not so welcoming decision (and made my happy as well). People may realize this once any one of the wheel develop cracks. One of my friend in chennai got his punto alloy cracked, the spare is a steel. And remember Fiat alloys are expensive since they are forged and not molded like Japs or koreans. I remember genuine Palio sports alloys retailing for 9k a piece.
Speed Pujari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 16:18   #1559
BHPian

Quote:
In case you don't find them there, K.H.T has the Absolute ed. mudflaps. I got them installed this Monday.

Quote:
I've been running on the stock tyres for close to 13k km now and they're all right. Prone to frontwheel spins sometimes (if you floor it on loose surfaces). I've driven them over yet-to-be-metalled roads with small pieces of stones throughout at moderate speeds. No flats so far. In the past 2-3k km I've found these tyres to exhibit uneven wear/hardening: the car seems like it's driving on out-of-true wheels when driven slowly on a flat surface (uneven hardening?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick145 View Post
After reading all the feedback and comments, I have booked a test drive today for the 1.4 Emotion T-Jet. I have to finalize a car between the Ecosport and the T-jet Linea. 190mm ground clearance is more than enough for me and the pricing is also similar for both these cars. I am inclined towards the Linea for reasons such as more space, better handling, proper sedan and of course much better drive ability.

Just confirming, the best tyres available for the Lina T-Jet 1.4 Emotion are:

Michelin 205/55R16 PLC
Yokohama AVS DB (model no?)
I'm considering the Pirelli P7s after my second service. Not a fan of soft/noiseless tyres on our roads. If I can't source them I might go back to the NCT5s itself.
nareshov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 17:14   #1560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post

I'm considering the Pirelli P7s after my second service. Not a fan of soft/noiseless tyres on our roads. If I can't source them I might go back to the NCT5s itself.
Nearly the same boat as yourself buddy. Same car, fewer kms, stock tires, but will probably change them.

Need sticky rubber, but not too soft (some of the roads that I have to travel in sometimes are pretty rough), so how are the P7s? Anything else should be on my list? Shortlisted Bridgestone MY01 (discontinued ones, but dealer has it still).

Last edited by johy : 11th July 2013 at 17:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks