Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2010, 14:30   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
I would have . However, my Linea is now Re-mapped (few weeks before T-jet launch) and i have test-driven the T-jet.

My Re-mapped N.A. 1.4 Linea packs a lot of punch and is no pushover compared to the T-jet.

I loved the Tjet and it surely is a Joy to drive. But i would not say that the N.A Linea was under-powered or that my re-mapped Linea lacks any power when it matters . Especially the mid-range torque has improved by leaps and bounds and i just cant get my feet off the accelerator on the highways. (have clocked 34000km in 18months of ownership...4000km after re-mapping)

Iam not considering the Tjet anymore
A stage 1 remap of the T-JET should put it at around 140bhp.
With a remap, you might consider the T-JET.
Old 23rd October 2010, 15:34   #152
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Its for mounting bike rack or luggage carrier
Thanks man. Have quoted you in my review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
the OHC also ain't too comfortable at the rear.
Still had class-leading space at the time. And today, the ANHC / Civic / Altis / Innova are amongst the most spacious from their segment.

Quote:
could understand why a turbo vehicle should be idled for 45-60 seconds when starting off, but couldn't quiet understand why is that required before shutting off.
Switching the engine off means switching the turbo's oil supply off. Note that a turbo spools at far greater rpm than the engine. Combine the two = damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
However no matter hot much praise GTO has for the T-Jet it will be a difficult buy for someone (90% customers) who spends 90% time in congested cities.
True. Even leaving the in-city heaviness aside, the Linea certainly isn't for everyone, and the brand also carries heavy baggage from yesteryear. That's the beauty of choice & competition; we have something for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrack View Post
Fiat's low sales are not on account of its products but due to poorly managed Tata-Fiat dealer network.
I wouldn't agree. There was a time that Fiat had its own dealerships and sales were still not satisfactory. The Linea, as a product, addresses a niche segment of the market....one who's looking at ride, handling, build, equipment etc.

Quote:
My Re-mapped N.A. 1.4 Linea packs a lot of punch and is no pushover compared to the T-jet.
Fastlove, congrats man! How about joining us on the dyno sometime, and gauging the exact bump in horsepower? Your profile says your location is Mumbai.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd October 2010 at 15:36.
Old 23rd October 2010, 16:13   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Fastlove, congrats man! How about joining us on the dyno sometime, and gauging the exact bump in horsepower? Your profile says your location is Mumbai.
Sure GTO. I am in mumbai. Tell me time and place . Will be there
Old 23rd October 2010, 16:21   #154
BHPian

What upgrades have you carried out fastlove, whats the increase in power/torque??

This is a bit OT so you can PM me instead.
Old 23rd October 2010, 16:53   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
What upgrades have you carried out fastlove, whats the increase in power/torque??

This is a bit OT so you can PM me instead.
Hi Mihir , i have updated my Ownership thread with the Report on my Experience after the Remap. Kindly follow the link below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ration-20.html
Old 23rd October 2010, 20:53   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minardi View Post
Ok, how many of you current linea owners would have paid extra and gone for the t-jet?
I am seriously considering upgrading my 1.4 NA once Tjet is launched in Chennai. The only deterrent is the low resale value offered for my 1.3 years old Linea Petrol.

99 percent decided in favour of upgrading to TJet

Quote:
In a matter of weeks, I believe.
None of the Sales/Service staff in chennai are trained yet on Tjet Engine/specs.

Upon enquiry with FIAT, the reply i get is "dont expect T-Jet to be available in South for Diwali. Will be launched at the earliest"

I feel it might take as long as Christmas (or) Pongal for Chennai/Bangalore Launch.

Dealers have no information on the launch and are refusing bookings (as indicated during the launch that bookings can be made in advance in other locations).
Old 23rd October 2010, 21:54   #157
RGK
Senior - BHPian

No doubt a great report by GTO. I reckon Fiat will start positioning Tjet and kick out Linea
I still do not understand why Fiat's tacho is caliberated in 10's and confusing which is Tacho and speedo. Also tacho positioning is better in the left side than in the right.
Old 24th October 2010, 00:59   #158
BHPian

GTO,
I did a test drive on Linea diesel today morning & read your review in the evening. I would like to know on whether its worth to wait for FIAT to make similar changes (T-Jet) in Linea Diesel too.

I'm desperate to buy Diesel Linea, but not too happy about the other concerns - Lower headroof, crampy rear seats, hard gearshifts etc.,

One more doubt - Is there a way to change the orange light in the console to some other color. Somehow, i dont like them. White or blue should be fine.. Please advice.
Old 24th October 2010, 13:35   #159
BHPian

PS - Thanks for the feedback. I did 60% review on linea diesel. This is the first time, I'm moving away from maruti. Hence i'm little concerned & careful so that i wont regret later. I'm convinced with linea, but not really 100% satisfied.The reason being - I did read the review of one of the BHPian whoz Linea got rusted in a months time,issues with seat height adjuster (most of them go down automatically after sometime) :(

Additions - 16" alloys will be good ;-) .I'm more of a music lover. Hence the ICE should be good since we cannot make any modifications at a later time (warranty & difficult to customize it as per the dashboard)
My head was hitting the roof even after adjusting the seats & I couldnt drive the car till i bring down the steering, that too to a minimum level - Thanks to the restriction in linea.

Maintenance is really an important factor, but somehow got a picture on the spare parts price (Please refer the attachment), which is convincing.

When i did the test drive, my knee was hitting the centre console, which i usually see that as a issue in small cars, but i think its adjustable.

Gear shift was very hard,i presume its because i drove a test drive car, which was used by almost everyone in bangalore ;-0

I dont mind to pay another 1-2 lakhs to get a car which gives me peace of mind since i'm specifically irritant to dashboard & other noises inside the car.

One more doubt - I was informed by the SA that when the car stops (generally L boards will have issues in releasing the clutch properly) you need to switch off & then ON it, otherwise it wont start. Any reason for it.

The engine nice was very much audible inside. I thought its common on all diesel engine vehicles.

Coming back to my other query - Cant we change the orange lights in the console. ;-) Somehow i hate it..
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-copy-linea-spares.jpg  

Old 24th October 2010, 13:47   #160
BHPian

Is it possible to choose the colour of interior leather and trim as with 'tata Aria' . The beige leather is not what I like to see .
Old 24th October 2010, 15:13   #161
Team-BHP Support

It has been mentioned in Autocar that the changes made to the AC on the Tjet will be carried out across the FULL RANGE. So guys even buying the multijet or the fire engine need to worry.
Old 24th October 2010, 20:20   #162
BHPian

Very good review GTO! Great work.

I own a Linea MJD and till date I have been happy and did not bother about the new launches to replace my car. T-jet sure makes me want to change!

I'm just back from a long drive or 4,738 Kms in two weeks from Mumbai-Delhi-Mohali-Amritsar and another 700 Kms in Xylo in Mohali-Mandi-Kasol and back. Never felt a need to change from my current car and the high speed stability and breaking is very assuring. While I was back in Delhi on Friday, I read your review on T-Jet and all the way for next 1500 kms to Mumbai I kept thinking how good T-Jet would be.

Anyway, I know few people who ask me on Linea T-Jet and I have always said go test drive but now I can also safely say go buy! The rest of the FIAT Linea story I'm aware of

cheers
Old 24th October 2010, 22:15   #163
BHPian

Quote:
T
I wouldn't agree. There was a time that Fiat had its own dealerships and sales were still not satisfactory. The Linea, as a product, addresses a niche segment of the market....one who's looking at ride, handling, build, equipment etc.

Well GTO, would like to clarify that the poorly managed Tata-Fiat network legacy is continuing after the badly managed ones of Fiat (erstwhile Premier) dealers However Fiat used to sell more cars with less than half the amount of dealers way back in 2003. This is one area where Fiat needs to match up to competition.
Old 24th October 2010, 22:34   #164
Senior - BHPian

Replying to some of your queries to the best of my knowledge but do check with some recent Linea owner as well, if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail2vm View Post
PS - Thanks for the feedback. I did 60% review on linea diesel. This is the first time, I'm moving away from maruti. Hence i'm little concerned & careful so that i wont regret later. I'm convinced with linea, but not really 100% satisfied.The reason being - I did read the review of one of the BHPian whoz Linea got rusted in a months time,issues with seat height adjuster (most of them go down automatically after sometime) :(
I've read in SidIndica's thread that many of the initial niggles have been taken care of. At least I'm sure of the seat height adjustment system and chrome falling off has been taken care of.
But, you can check with some recent Linea owner to confirm the same.
Also, are you sure about the rusting part that it wasn't flash rusting? Because flash rusting, seen as an reddish orange layer of oxidation over cast iron is normal and is not harmful at all. Most commonly seen on the disc brakes.

Quote:
One more doubt - I was informed by the SA that when the car stops (generally L boards will have issues in releasing the clutch properly) you need to switch off & then ON it, otherwise it wont start. Any reason for it.
Yes, he is correct. This is because Linea is equipped with Double Crank Prevention system.

Quote:
Coming back to my other query - Cant we change the orange lights in the console. ;-) Somehow i hate it..
I've seen some threads on teambhp where people have done this successfully but it appears to be a cumbersome process and I would not like to tamper with the stock lighting.

Check here for example:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...anged-red.html

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 24th October 2010 at 22:35.
Old 25th October 2010, 09:38   #165
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
Sure GTO. I am in mumbai. Tell me time and place . Will be there
That's the spirit, man! Please drop me a PM with your location in Bombay so we can take this further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
The only deterrent is the low resale value offered for my 1.3 years old Linea Petrol.
True. You'd lose about 40% at the time of resale. European petrols depreciate like stink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I reckon Fiat will start positioning Tjet and kick out Linea
I feel so too. The 1.4 89 BHP engine is the least powerful from the segment, and the Linea the heaviest. Fiat will / should eventually make T-Jet standard across the Linea range. This beauty of an engine - matched to the Linea's dynamic capability - can become Fiat's USP in the crowded segment.

Quote:
Also tacho positioning is better in the left side than in the right.
You speak my language. I love meter consoles where the rpm is on the LHS and speedo on the RHS.

Quote:
I would like to know on whether its worth to wait for FIAT to make similar changes (T-Jet) in Linea Diesel too.
I'm not too sure about when the 1.6 diesel is coming, if at all. There's been rumours off & on but no concrete information yet. If you need a diesel, be sure to check the Vento out too. It's the torque-king of the C segment and is an absolute all-rounder.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks