Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2013, 22:12   #1771
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Many signals don't have a timer, and I have no idea how long it'll take
Exactly the reason. Most of the timers in Kerala don't work at all. They are just show pieces. Some times the police will interfere and make the situation worse. Only god knows when they will give green.

Considering these facts, I never switch off my car at signal. But used to turn off ac and headlights (with the park lights on) if the signal is long. And I don't know what kind of a bearing they are using in the turbos. If its sleeve type frequent starting/stopping will affect its life
Old 5th September 2013, 11:29   #1772
BHPian

My Jet has landed in Bangalore!

I received a call from Vecto Motors today morning saying that my Jet has reached their stockyard. It is time to do the inspection and send her for registration asap. I should be getting her early next week.

Thanks to Karthik, julupani and puchoo for the advice
shreeda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2013, 14:35   #1773
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Jet has landed in Bangalore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeda View Post
I received a call from Vecto Motors today morning saying that my Jet has reached their stockyard. It is time to do the inspection and send her for registration asap. I should be getting her early next week.
Congrats Shreeda. Which colour and variant did you choose?
Old 5th September 2013, 16:55   #1774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Congrats Shreeda. Which colour and variant did you choose?
Thanks djay! It's HH Black. I had to wait for 2 months for it.

Adding to my previous post, I found the Fiat's customer care very satisfactory. As soon as I explained my case, the representative apologized for the inconvenience. Then, I was called by various teams in the following days, and they just got things done. Fiat seems to be taking strides in the right direction. So far, so good!
Old 5th September 2013, 20:11   #1775
Senior - BHPian

She looks stunning in Black , even possibly better than the Oceanic Blue , i cannot wait to see the pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeda View Post
Thanks djay! It's HH Black. I had to wait for 2 months for it.
Old 6th September 2013, 09:01   #1776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
She looks stunning in Black , even possibly better than the Oceanic Blue , i cannot wait to see the pictures.
I wanted only black, nothing else. Yes, pictures will follow! Most likely I will be able to see her today
Old 6th September 2013, 10:21   #1777
BHPian

Congrats, Shreeda. There are few T-Jets around, even fewer black Lineas, and a black T-Jet will be a rarity (AFAIK, KarthikK's T-jet is also black).
TheTeacher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2013, 10:50   #1778
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats, Shreeda. There are few T-Jets around, even fewer black Lineas, and a black T-Jet will be a rarity (AFAIK, KarthikK's T-jet is also black).
Good to hear you say that! I own a black T-Jet too.

how is the handling of the new improved GC T-Jet? Does the increased ride height affect handling?
Old 7th September 2013, 11:53   #1779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post
Good to hear you say that! I own a black T-Jet too.

how is the handling of the new improved GC T-Jet? Does the increased ride height affect handling?
Yes it does,but it is noticeable only if you are used to ride and handling of pre 2012 Linea's,if not,it is perfect for new buyers.
akshay4587 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2013, 12:34   #1780
Senior - BHPian

Were you able to go and do the PDI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Old 7th September 2013, 13:22   #1781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Yes it does,but it is noticeable only if you are used to ride and handling of pre 2012 Linea's,if not,it is perfect for new buyers.
I've always felt Fiat cars - barring after sales issues - always offered good value proposition in performance, comfort, handling, safety & price.

The new T-Jet is a very good deal as it offers superior pickup and performance. Its very comfortable though ergonomics are a mixed bag (the Palio's seat has a better squab than the T-Jet). Handling is more than sufficient. Metal gauge and airbags score on the safety.
Old 7th September 2013, 13:33   #1782
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've always felt Fiat cars - barring after sales issues - always offered good value proposition in performance, comfort, handling, safety & price.

The new T-Jet is a very good deal as it offers superior pickup and performance. Its very comfortable though ergonomics are a mixed bag (the Palio's seat has a better squab than the T-Jet). Handling is more than sufficient. Metal gauge and airbags score on the safety.
After sales issues have always been exaggerated in case of Fiats.
3 years since i got a Linea,have done 82K till date,no issues faced with after sales or reliability.
akshay4587 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2013, 19:54   #1783
BHPian

Quote:
How is the handling of the new improved GC T-Jet? Does the increased ride height affect handling?
I wouldn't be able to tell; have never driven the previous Linea. Haven't taken this one out on a long drive as well. :(
Old 9th September 2013, 09:04   #1784
BHPian

Mods, sorry for back to back posts, there have been no posts by anybody else in the maantime.

Need some help from Linea Emotion owners:

1) What pressure are you keeping in your 16" tyres? My new version (2013) T-Jet is at 34/32 front/back, with 2 or 3 persons on board, no luggage, and the ride is extremely stiff and uncomfortable (almost no shock absorber action on breakers when going real slow). The pressure has been verified 3 times: with the tyre shop gauge, my "Michelin Certified" gauge, and another guage I have from the U.S.

2) How is a 16" spare supposed to be stored: hollow part of the rim facing down (easy to check spare pressure) or facing up (nozzle will be down and wheel has to be flipped to check pressure)? I ask because I never paid attention to this. When I replaced my 15" steel spare with a 16" alloy, the tyre shop guys stored it with the hollow side down. Now the securing clamp does not reach from the rim to the screw socket below, so the wheel bounces on a bad bump. Do I need the older clamp that is longer and made specifically for the 16" wheel as in the previous generation Linea Emotions? Or do I need to store the wheel with the hollow side facing up?

Thanks.
Old 9th September 2013, 11:04   #1785
Senior - BHPian

I was following what was specified in the owners manual , KarthikK then suggested i try a flat 32 Psi across all 4 tyres which i did and find that more comfortable.

Quote:

1) What pressure are you keeping in your 16" tyres? My new version (2013) T-Jet is at 34/32 front/back, with 2 or 3 persons on board, no luggage, and the ride is extremely stiff and uncomfortable (almost no shock absorber action on breakers when going real slow). The pressure has been verified 3 times: with the tyre shop gauge, my "Michelin Certified" gauge, and another guage I have from the U.S.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks