Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2013, 13:56   #1891
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

I will have to add here that the rear seats were praised by our third passenger who traveled upto Himachal with me a few weeks ago - she was in the back for the entire drive , sitting and sleeping and said they were really comfy even leg room wise. She would be about 5.5 feet.

There is a 'recess' in the backseats to allow for some room , they are not the traditionally designed scoops but its a square area which is less in depth than the seat - picture below for reference.

Unfortunately while it may help a bit in terms of a few inches of more room what they have managed to screw up on is the pocket itself. As a result of this design its not big enough to take many items and its not even 'loose' enough to push say a water bottle into it. very tight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyonwheels View Post
Totally agree here!

Also, I think the difference in the seats matter as well - i noticed the non-leather seats have their back's scooped out, resulting in more leg room. I think the leather seats have a flatter back and so tighter room.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-picture52.jpg  

Last edited by puchoo : 25th September 2013 at 13:57.
Old 25th September 2013, 15:32   #1892
BHPian

The dealer has informed that the the zero dep will cost around 5.5K over the free insurance (18.5K-Future Generali)

Unfortunaley future generali does not have an online quote generation and the tele sales have given me a quote of 28K for comprehensive and 32K for zero dep . For a change the dealers insurance is lesser than the company's!
Old 25th September 2013, 18:11   #1893
Senior - BHPian

Its been discussed earlier as well , 32,000 is too much for a 0 Dep policy , they are selling it at a premium - look at someone like AXA , the 0 Dep policy from them would be in the region of 25-26k only.

I was asked to pay 32,000 as well - i bought it directly and not from the dealer as they refused to come down to more reasonable rates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKis View Post
The dealer has informed that the the zero dep will cost around 5.5K over the free insurance (18.5K-Future Generali)

Unfortunaley future generali does not have an online quote generation and the tele sales have given me a quote of 28K for comprehensive and 32K for zero dep . For a change the dealers insurance is lesser than the company's!
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 18:44   #1894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Unfortunaley future generali does not have an online quote generation and the tele sales have given me a quote of 28K for comprehensive and 32K !
I got a quote of 16.5K from L&T Insurance (Zero Dep) for IDV of 8.56L for new linea T-jet. This is lowest premium in whole insurance industry .
Bajaj Allianz quoted 27K for a zero dep for same IDV.
djay99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 19:02   #1895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
I got a quote of 16.5K from L&T Insurance (Zero Dep) for IDV of 8.56L for new linea T-jet. This is lowest premium in whole insurance industry .
But do remember thanks to the company provided policy, and also probably due to some common ownership between FIAT and Generali, Future Generali will provide the easiest insurance handling process in case of FIATs.

For example, a year or so back, I wanted to get a couple of dents repaired on our Punto. The body shop manager came and assessed the damage and gave a quote. I asked about whether insurance would actually cover it. He said he couldnt say, and that they will call the insurance guy who will come and take photos and they will then assess what, if at all any, part of the cost that the insurance may cover, all of which would take a minimum of 2 days. At this point I mentioned to him, that I got my insurance through the dealer itself, through Future Generali. Then he says, that no need for all the process, insurance will cover it all, no questions asked. Though finally I did not chose to use the insurance cover, as I felt the extra premium I would pay becuase of losing the NCB would not be worth it.
julupani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 19:55   #1896
Senior - BHPian

That is a fantastic offer from L&T. Would you mind sharing the quote as in what all add ons/ coverages etc. are offered in the same. I can provide my email id if that would be more comfortable for you.

Quote:
Old 25th September 2013, 20:08   #1897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
That is a fantastic offer from L&T. Would you mind sharing the quote as in what all add ons/ coverages etc. are offered in the same. I can provide my email id if that would be more comfortable for you.
You can logon to http://www.ltinsurance.com/ and get a quote. This website also lists coverage and add on.
An employee from l&t insurance will call you and you can negotiate for a better price. Please PM me your email and i will forward you details.
Old 25th September 2013, 20:48   #1898
Senior - BHPian

My only input on this would be to read up a bit on L&T , they are a reasonably new player , when i was searching around for insurance theirs was one of the lowest quotes as well but for a few reasons i did not go with them.

Just try and find reviews on insurance and other forums to see how they have been so far.

Quote:
You can logon to http://www.ltinsurance.com/ and get a quote. This website also lists coverage and add on.
An employee from l&t insurance will call you and you can negotiate for a better price. Please PM me your email and i will forward you details.
puchoo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 22:32   #1899
BHPian

To add to add puchoo says: I'd suggest calling up your favourite service centre and asking a technical person about which insurance provider provides the most hassle-free (and cashless) claims and go with it.
nareshov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 09:54   #1900
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunaley future generali does not have an online quote generation and the tele sales have given me a quote of 28K for comprehensive and 32K for zero dep .....
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
My only input on this would be to read up a bit on L&T , they are a reasonably new player
L&T has been my insurance provider for the past two years and have not had any problems so far and yes they do offer the least premium compared to any one else.

Their coverage terms are also similar / same to what the other Insurance Providers were offering, though I have never had to use my Insurance Cover - and hope to keep it that way!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
...but for a few reasons i did not go with them.
Can you perhaps share your apprehensions? It may help me and others make a more informed decision the next time around!

Last edited by PGNarain : 26th September 2013 at 09:55.
Old 26th September 2013, 12:22   #1901
BHPian

Any idea on FIAT A.S.S at Pandit Automotive in Pune?

Am certainly jumping the gun here. I have only booked a T-Jet but i would like to know probably which FIAT dealer has the best ASS in pune (pun intended ) ?

Am used to servicing my bikes under my strict supervision wherein I sit with the mechanic and check all things what he does. It applies to the Royal Enfield at a known mechanic's place. Kawasaki (Bajaj) has infact spoiled me wherein I get to chat with the mechanic on all issues which might not even be related to my bike.

So all the FIAT owners, do you get to supervise your servicing? Would you need to get an appointment and drop you car there? How does one checkif the engine oil and airfilter/oil filter changed in a car?

Just random thoughts coming from a FIAT wannabe!
Old 26th September 2013, 12:57   #1902
Senior - BHPian

Nothing better than having had personal experience before , sounds like a sweet deal to me then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post
L&T has been my insurance provider for the past two years and have not had any problems so far and yes they do offer the least premium compared to any one else.
Old 26th September 2013, 13:22   #1903
BHPian

Quote:

So all the FIAT owners, do you get to supervise your servicing? Would you need to get an appointment and drop you car there? How does one checkif the engine oil and airfilter/oil filter changed in a car?
I always make the SA note clearly on the job card that oil/oil filter would be changed under my supervision. Last time round personally oversaw oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter and pollen filter changed. All in all took an hour or so. No one has ever objected to this even during my Palio days.
vvmanoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 15:03   #1904
Senior - BHPian

Glad to read this and i hope the same treatment is available in Delhi for me as well , i love hanging around and seeing the work done , it was possible with Maruti but used to be a fight initially with Skoda till my particular problem had got escalated so much that they stopped saying anything at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvmanoj View Post
I always make the SA note clearly on the job card that oil/oil filter would be changed under my supervision. Last time round personally oversaw oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter and pollen filter changed. All in all took an hour or so. No one has ever objected to this even during my Palio days.
Old 1st October 2013, 14:53   #1905
BHPian

Got the pre-registration/pre-payment PDI done for the car.

On checking the VIN number, the manufacturing date is May 2013.
So that means the car is 4 months old. Just wanted to check if this is normal. Should i ask for more discounts on this car?

Addl info:
1) Car has 50 kms on odo
2) The tyres are Goodyear and is Aug manufactured.
3) There are rusts on the side of the piece that holds the disc brakes and even on the perimeter of the disc in front but all the cars in the showroom (incl the fiat linea classic, recenlty launched) has the same.

I was about to get my loan agreement today but i was not happy about getting a May manufactured car! So thought will just hold it for a couple of days before taking a decision.

"HURRY MAKES WORRY" -

Also is there a way to check the engine manufacturing date?

Last edited by JayKis : 1st October 2013 at 15:00.

Most Viewed