Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2013, 14:38   #1981
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

I have a few questions:

1. What is the optimal tire pressure for the Fiat Linea T-Jet Plus shod with Michelin MXV8? it says 33 for front and 30 for the rear tires when partially loaded, but not sure if I should stick to this.

2. Is there a way to keep the audio system powered down? When I press the power button for a few secs, all it does is "Pause" rather than powering down. When the car is started again, the audio system starts automatically which I would like to avoid.

3. Also, is there a possibility to switch folders when listening to songs off a pendrive - either using head unit buttons or steering buttons? While the head unit buttons doesn't seem to respond when playing the MP3 songs stored on a pendrive, the steering up/down buttons just changes the tracks in a folder. Please let me know if I am missing something.
Old 9th November 2013, 18:42   #1982
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
it says 33 for front and 30 for the rear tires when partially loaded, but not sure if I should stick to this.
During my recent visit to Ramkay FIAT, I saw this poster pasted on the customer lounge, which says 36 psi for the front and 33 psi for the rear tyres [both 195 and 205 mm-wide ones] in cold condition.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-12.jpg

Last edited by J.Ravi : 9th November 2013 at 18:57.
  (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2013, 18:51   #1983
Senior - BHPian

Answers to both are in the manual as well , do find those sections and read for details

The system can be shut down and it will not start automatically when the car us started again. It does mean pressing the power button for sometime . if you are looking at the unit its the round big button on the left. Try holding it for a few seconds longer. In case its still not happening just double check with the manual and otherwise if still a problem show it. I hold it down for a few seconds and it goes off

You can skip / view folders using the steering controls. you basically need to get into the "music settings" menu using the call button and the arrow keys - refer to manual all steps detailed there.

Quote:
I have a few questions:

2. Is there a way to keep the audio system powered down? When I press the power button for a few secs, all it does is "Pause" rather than powering down. When the car is started again, the audio system starts automatically which I would like to avoid.

3. Also, is there a possibility to switch folders when listening to songs off a pendrive - either using head unit buttons or steering buttons? While the head unit buttons doesn't seem to respond when playing the MP3 songs stored on a pendrive, the steering up/down buttons just changes the tracks in a folder. Please let me know if I am missing something.
Old 11th November 2013, 17:47   #1984
BHPian

Here is my write up on how i ended up with a TJet!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...omes-home.html
JayKis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 15:05   #1985
BHPian

I went to Fiat Caffe today to get a quote for the T Jet emotion. Got an on road price of Rs.986766/- excluding insurance as I told them I will get that done myself.

Ex showroom - Rs. 902210/-
Road Tax - Rs. 140203/-
Handling Charge - Rs. 5050/-
Ex Warranty - Rs. 7303/-
Standard fitment - Rs. 2000/-
RSA - Free
Exchange Bonus - Rs. 70000/-

Does this seem right from anyone who has booked recently in Bangalore?
Old 13th November 2013, 15:22   #1986
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpioman View Post

Handling Charge - Rs. 5050/-
Ex Warranty - Rs. 7303/-
Standard fitment - Rs. 2000/-

Does this seem right from anyone who has booked recently in Bangalore?
I think you should try and haggle for the above 3 items to be waived off. At least the handling charge and the standard fitment.
Old 13th November 2013, 19:26   #1987
BHPian

Friends, off late I have been noticing a lag in the power delivery of my car. There is a noticeable delay between giving the throttle and speed picking up.

This hasn't affected fuel economy though and the problem seems to occur only at low rpm.

I plan to get it fixed when the car goes for the 15000 km servicing.
Old 13th November 2013, 20:14   #1988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I think you should try and haggle for the above 3 items to be waived off. At least the handling charge and the standard fitment.
Yes, was thinking of that too. Have a bigger problem now with the exchange of my old car. When I went there for the test drive, I told the guy about the car and gave him all the info he wanted and he quoted an exchange value of Rs. 220000/ including the Rs. 70000/- exchange bonus. Yesterday he came and saw the car and said it is very well maintained and he was going to talk to his seniors and check if they could offer a little more for it and get back to me. He did not call me back and so I called him today and he says that his seniors said they can only offer Rs. 140000/- including the exchange. If it was any other colour except black, may be Rs. 20000/- more. Need to wait and see what happens now. Was hoping to book it on the weekend.
Old 13th November 2013, 21:22   #1989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there a way to keep the audio system powered down?
Push down on the volume knob, on the head unit till it powers down. Do this when the car is running. The head unit, does have a mind of its own. I have seen it power up when I crank the car even after I powered it down. This is a rare occurrence though.

Quote:
Also, is there a possibility to switch folders when listening to songs off a pendrive - either using head unit buttons or steering buttons?
Unfortunately, you can't do this with the head unit controls. This is bad design. MP3 music control is fully on Blue & Me steering mounted controls.
Old 14th November 2013, 09:34   #1990
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
....He did not call me back and so I called him today and he says that his seniors said they can only offer Rs. 140000/- including the exchange. If it was any other colour except black, may be Rs. 20000/- more. Need to wait and see what happens now. Was hoping to book it on the weekend.
You can do one thing. Tell them that you will sell the car yourself, but you will product the RC book copy for them to issue the exchange bonus. Some dealers do agree to this and you should try and see whether you can get them to do this.

Probably you will fetch a better value for your car and you may also be able to avail the exchange bonus. Be a bit firm, TJets are anyway NOT going quickly off the shelf as far as I understand. Also if you have multiple dealers, please pitch them against each other for a better deal; nothing wrong in it.
Old 14th November 2013, 20:35   #1991
BHPian

Talk to Madhusudhan at Vecto Motors and tell him you're from TeamBHP. You may get a better deal.
Old 19th November 2013, 16:22   #1992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
. I got the car washed on Saturday and in the evening when I turned the car on I got a message on MID "AirBag failure, refer to manual". The Airbag failure lamp wasn't on. I turned it off and cranked again but didn't get any message.
Has anyone faced something similar? The message hasn't appeared after Sunday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Thank you guys! Feels much better now.
I hope it's just the water and not an issue with the battery,
Hi Biraj, I got the same message twice in the last two weeks and on separate unrelated occasions, days apart! Got a little worried but have not faced any other problem.

Just wanted to know if this message has bothered you again and / or if you have been to the A.S.S to get it checked out?
Old 19th November 2013, 16:33   #1993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post
Hi Biraj, I got the same message twice in the last two weeks and on separate unrelated occasions, days apart! Got a little worried but have not faced any other problem.

Just wanted to know if this message has bothered you again and / or if you have been to the A.S.S to get it checked out?
Hi Narain, It did reoccur multiple times. The culprit was battery and was changed under warranty. Details are here. Never faced it again after the change of battery.
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 09:41   #1994
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday he came and saw the car and said it is very well maintained and he was going to talk to his seniors and check if they could offer a little more for it and get back to me. He did not call me back and so I called him today and he says that his seniors said they can only offer Rs. 140000/- including the exchange.
I ran into same situation. Eventually sold off my Alto for a far better deal on OLX and no hassles of dealing w/ middle-folks. Produced proof of owning a car for exchange and got the bonus.

Quote:
I face the same thing - it powers back on when i start the car.

Quote:
I wanted to know the same thing - i just haven't been able to even glance at the manual. I hope there is a pdf version of the manual lurking on the Internet - so i can check it on my phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
You can skip / view folders using the steering controls. you basically need to get into the "music settings" menu using the call button and the arrow keys - refer to manual all steps detailed there.
It's time i efforted towards the manual. Have been painfully listening to songs one after other for now. hehe!
Old 25th November 2013, 16:40   #1995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyonwheels View Post
I ran into same situation. Eventually sold off my Alto for a far better deal on OLX and no hassles of dealing w/ middle-folks. Produced proof of owning a car for exchange and got the bonus.

Hey Andy, you are bang on. I put the car up on OLX and sold it in a day, got 2.65 for it which is double of what I was offered by the dealer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks