Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2014, 23:34   #2236
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Any idea how much the 4th service is supposed to cost? This involves the replacement of all fluids and I was quoted Rs.13000 - looks a bit steep IMHO. This doesn't include any other repairs by the way - just fluid replacements, brakes cleaning and regular service.

Last edited by ece2k2 : 25th May 2014 at 23:36.
Old 26th May 2014, 12:46   #2237
BHPian

It should cost you around 9-11k depending on the service vendor, but 13k is a bit too steep if there is nothing fancy like reverse parking sensors or rpaint/ ust treatments .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
Any idea how much the 4th service is supposed to cost? This involves the replacement of all fluids and I was quoted Rs.13000 - looks a bit steep IMHO. This doesn't include any other repairs by the way - just fluid replacements, brakes cleaning and regular service.
Old 26th May 2014, 13:29   #2238
BHPian

What kind of mileage are you guys getting in the tjet. Am seriously considering this car now
Old 26th May 2014, 14:54   #2239
BHPian

Quote:
I got the third service earlier this year. Since 2 years were about to get completed, all the fluids were changed. Service cost was ~Rs. 7800 which included changing the mud-flaps to the moulded ones. I didn't get the brakes cleaned as the rotors were changed under warranty and I decided to get the brake-pads changed out-of-pocket (not including the cost for it in service). 13,000 for changing of fluids and cleaning the brakes is way beyond what it should cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
What kind of mileage are you guys getting in the tjet. Am seriously considering this car now
Fuel efficiency has been discussed to death in the past few pages. Bottom line - it completely depends on driving style. It can vary from 7.5 KMPL to 12 KMPL in city, and 11.5 KMPL to 17 KMPL on highways. I know it sounds like a vague range but that's the truth. It can be fuel efficient but then it won't be as much fun as it is, when it's not fuel efficient.
Old 30th May 2014, 08:25   #2240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
I got the third service earlier this year. Since 2 years were about to get completed, all the fluids were changed. Service cost was ~Rs. 7800 which included changing the mud-flaps to the moulded ones. I didn't get the brakes cleaned as the rotors were changed under warranty and I decided to get the brake-pads changed out-of-pocket (not including the cost for it in service). 13,000 for changing of fluids and cleaning the brakes is way beyond what it should cost.
I just got the car back from the service (CAI Fiat, Coimbatore) and the bill indeed came to Rs.13478. This includes changing all fluids, filters, brakes cleaning, wheel alignment/balancing/rotation, power steering belt replacement (close to Rs.2000), door rattle fixes and regular service/wash. Now I have no clue where I am being overcharged.

There is also something called "ERT" for which I was charged Rs.800. The service advisor said that it is Engine Room Treatment and this is supposed to be carried out during every service - for keeping the engine bay clean. Coming from Maruti, I am not sure if this is something credible.

Last edited by ece2k2 : 30th May 2014 at 08:30.
Old 30th May 2014, 10:36   #2241
BHPian

Quote:
I just got the car back from the service (CAI Fiat, Coimbatore) and the bill indeed came to Rs.13478. This includes changing all fluids, filters, brakes cleaning, wheel alignment/balancing/rotation, power steering belt replacement (close to Rs.2000), door rattle fixes and regular service/wash. Now I have no clue where I am being overcharged.
Whether you were overcharged or not, will become clear if you upload a scanned copy of the invoice. The power-steering belt was not changed in my car, and I am not sure about the correct interval for changing it.

ERT seems like a normal engine degreasing and dressing. Such work is done better and cheaper by detailers. I got it done on my Punto from Steam and Shine (one of the best detailers in Delhi) and they charged Rs 500 for it.
Old 30th May 2014, 11:48   #2242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

There is also something called "ERT" for which I was charged Rs.800. The service advisor said that it is Engine Room Treatment and this is supposed to be carried out during every service - for keeping the engine bay clean. Coming from Maruti, I am not sure if this is something credible.
You have definitely been overcharged.

Power steering belt does not need any replacement over the 2 year/30k service as well.

As long as we do not question them upon each item when the job card is prepared, they will continue doing this.
Old 30th May 2014, 12:21   #2243
BHPian

Just got delivered the New Linea TJet on the 28th of May, 2014.
Awesome experience so far..Being a little cautious around the roads of Bangalore..
First Pics attached. Will post more details along the way on the performance etc and any feedback that I have..
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img_20140529_073430.jpg  

anugrahlall is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th May 2014, 15:29   #2244
BHPian

Hey, very well done man! This car is a great beauty, in every respect including the engine, no?

Is it black or tuscan wine, I cannot quite make out from the picture? In either case, the chrome embellishments and these brilliant alloys contrast well with the colour.

Enjoy!
desdemona is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2014, 20:28   #2245
Senior - BHPian

Post a clear scanned copy of the bill here and we could run it through our dealers to cross check.

At this time I hope that at least all the fluids used were from the OE recommended makes such as Selenia, Para-Flu etc etc.

Quote:
Old 31st May 2014, 17:51   #2246
BHPian

@desdemona: Thanks! I have been following your posts on this thread.
This is a Black TJet. More than the exteriors, the interiors are just way cool.
The engine like you mentioned is awesome. I have already driven 300km around Bangalore.
Just came back from a highway drive as I wanted to test the mileage.
Distance: 75 km
Trip Mileage: 15 km/l
The overall mileage, however, including city driving and highway driving so far has been
Overall Distance: 300 km
Overall Mileage: 10 km/l
I have been controlling my urge to let the best out on the highways just to let the vehicle settle in..but every time you hit the accelerator, the response is just indescribable.
More to come later.
@desdemona: Would love to continue to hear your experiences. So please keep sharing..
anugrahlall is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2014, 11:47   #2247
BHPian

Refueled to a Full Tank this morning.
Mileage came out to 11 km/...satisfied overall...
Overall Distance done: 400 km
Old 2nd June 2014, 11:55   #2248
BHPian

Just back from a Bangalore - Mangalore - Bangalore trip.

This was my first real highway trip (the one I did in October 2012 was in a convoy that went at 60-75 kmph speeds).

The handling of the TJet was impeccable. It sticks to the road like a leech. Never once, despite throwing it around Shiradi ghat curves, did it behave unpredictably. The dynamics, steering and brakes are absolutely awesome too.

Despite its power, I was wishing for more on the highway; I wish it accelerated faster when already at triple-digits. I also wish it had a fast acting automatic transmission. The single best thing Fiat can do to improve this vehicle is to give it an automatic that shifts quickly. The full potential of this engine can be realized.

I drove without concern for FE.

I averaged 11.6 km from Bangalore till Shiradi Ghat. In the Ghats, it dropped to 11.3 and stayed there. The MID is always optimistic, and tankfull-to-tankfull method calculates to 11 kmpl. I forgot to note the MID #s after reaching Mangalore :(

I drove faster on the way back, and averaged 9.6 kmpl with an average speed of 62 kmph (including Shiradi Ghat). Travel time was 5:50, trip distance 366.2 km.

For the round trip, distance was 748 km, average speed 55 kmph, average mileage 10.3 kmpl and travel time 13:22.

Anybody that loves driving and has budget limits should buy the TJet, period!
TheTeacher is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2014, 15:44   #2249
BHPian

I am actually hopeful, based on statements in the India section of the Global 5-year plan of FCA, that Fiat will launch the fast-shifting DDCT dual-clutch transmission on the Linea as well as the Abarth Punto, and maybe the other Fiat + Jeep models coming in 2016. Only next year, though, which will make this a case of 'better late than never'? ;-)
Old 2nd June 2014, 20:18   #2250
BHPian

If they do, I will seriously consider selling my TJet and buying the automatic version.

They should also introduce a 6-speed manual for those who don't want an automatic. It is criminal to make this engine work with a 5-speed.

It looks like Fiat India has so far been run by bean counters, not true car marketing types.
TheTeacher is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed