Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2014, 15:14   #2326
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaero View Post
Thanks for the tips buddy. Can you let me know what all did you get installed in the Linea from Driven and the companies of the components you got installed. And if you don't mind , the approximate cost of the entire setup. Is the T-Jet iced album on Driven's FB page (having pics of the blue T-jet) of your Linea ?
If its the FTA Tjet album from 2012, yes that's the one. Has seen loads of changes since then (all work done at Driven). ICE upgrading is a bottomless pit.

Now the TJet has an aftermarket HU (Pioneer 80PRS), front comps (MP 3.28 - same as khoj), rear coaxials (Rainbow DL X6), two amps (Mosconi 4-channel and Digital Designs mono) and two subs (Seas LROYs). Loads of damping (almost 1.5 bulk packs) and an RF dual amp wiring kit (0-gauge).

Punto has a set of front comps (Rainbow CSX 6.5"), Digital Designs amp (C4C) and an ID CTX sub (12"). This one has also seen a fair bit of changes over the years with a rather expensive but ultimately failed experiment to plonk in a Blaupunkt PnP 5-channel amp.

For prices, please PM me. Latest prices of most of this stuff can be found on BBW Distributors FB page as well (check the latest price list).
Old 23rd June 2014, 19:55   #2327
Senior - BHPian

Will do, I have snaps of WIP will assimilate and post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Can you post some pics, Khoj, of the finished work even? Especially the quarter panels?.

Will post.

I have installed the amplifier (Audison LRx6.9) and the cross overs in an inverted position beneath the rear parcel tray.

The sub (12" IDQ ) is in a custom built enclosure and it's back wall inclination is perfectly aligned to the incline of the back seat. This results in perfect placement without eating in to boot space. Also the connection is via a Snapon connector, so whenever extra space is required taking out the box is a press and twist job, fitting back is a simple push and click. Do explore, the option of installing a sub. A system without a sub is dal without tadka

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
Thanks for the reply. Can you please post some photos of your install? I am also not sure where should i install my Audiocontrol LC6i processor and Amp. No Subwoofer for me, as the boot space is very precious for my family outings and hence cannot compromise on that

Pics coming.

Install was done at Innovative Audio. They make sub enclosures for almost all car audio shops in North India, besides making/preparing cars for Audio competitions for major car audio shops in NCR. My install was a one off (long story that) but one can always explore with them the possibility of doing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaero View Post
Pictures of the installation please and where in Delhi did you get it done, some tips would be really helpful and useful... Would love to get the job done from a person already experienced on the same.

Yes, modest it is. I bought both components "used" from the 'Richie Rich' guys in Punjab. The sets were barely a few months old and snapped up at a sky high price of 33K the sub came from my other ride. The amp (BNIB) came from the Pan India Audison stock clearance. The Audison Hilo convertor, Tchernov signal wires, Monster 4 gauge amp kit and the Dynamat ultralight damping kit and the Focal BAM XL sound deadener were the only items that were new.

Maybe we can audition at the Fiat meet. BTW the system's been tuned by Aman, the same chap who bought your KOS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Aah, modest setup that! Have to audition your setup sir when we plan the next VK meet.

I always wondered where did you place the tweeters for the rear comps. Was shocked to find no space when we opened the door pad up in my friends Linea to install tweeters (he wanted comps in rear as his car is chauffeur driven).

Yes, and I am very thankful to Fiat for the low outgo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I was under the impression that the oil going into a T Jet engine is fully synthetic. This explains why an oil change is <2k.
khoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 08:03   #2328
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Guys, any idea where I can get Bosch Aero wipers for the T-Jet. I think they use 26" and 15".
Hey! I got Bosch aero wipers from Mr. Ravi. Though he didn't have the rear wiper in stock for my Car.

He should be able to procure one if not available.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 18:14   #2329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Maybe we can audition at the Fiat meet. BTW the system's been tuned by Aman, the same chap who bought your KOS.
Oh super! Lets drag Aman paaji to the meet as well.

I don't know I still feel I shouldn't have sold the KOS.
Old 25th June 2014, 15:16   #2330
BHPian

Hi All,
I am having initial model of Linea with low ground clearance. Most of the time car bottom touches the ground when going on rough roads or over the big speed breakers.
Recently i heard from some one that there is a special kit to increase Ground clearance from 165 to 185 for Fiat Linea . Is this true? Is it a official Mod?
Any one in the forum has done this before?
Old 25th June 2014, 20:08   #2331
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
...Recently i heard from some one that there is a special kit to increase Ground clearance from 165 to 185 for Fiat Linea . Is this true? Is it a official Mod?
I am quite surprised that you came across this info so late. Yes, it's official, the dealers should be able to do it for you. It costs ~ 12K if I am not wrong. But people who have the upgraded the new suspension has reported that there is a bit of body roll compared to the lower GC model.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 10:38   #2332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
Hi All,
I am having initial model of Linea with low ground clearance. Most of the time car bottom touches the ground when going on rough roads or over the big speed breakers.
Recently i heard from some one that there is a special kit to increase Ground clearance from 165 to 185 for Fiat Linea . Is this true? Is it a official Mod?
Yes its an official GC upgrade kit available (costs 12-13k including labour) at all Fiat A**. I got it done for my 2009 Punto MJD couple of years ago and it works absolutely fine. I personally don't like it as it made the ride slightly bumpy and the handling suffered a bit as well. But my wifey loves it as she doesn't have to worry about breakers etc at all now. Its a slight compromise but well worth it IMHO.
nkapoor777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2014, 16:01   #2333
BHPian

Tjet Mileage video - HYD-BLR highway

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Not sure I agree. When I drive on the hwy at around 2500 rpm, I get lower mileage than if I drive at around 1900-2000 rpm, both in 5th gear. Another TJet owner also experienced the same; driving at 60 kmph in 5th with a/c off got him some 17-18 kmpl (this was a test he was doing while on tour).
I have been meaning to reply but got held up. I have got an mileage of 17.7 kmpl while driving at speeds between 90-110 kmph with ac on while the outside temperature was between 38 degrees at start of trip to about 33 degrees, around 4 hours later, when I took the video. I have uploaded it on youtube so you can see me toggling through the MID. Also, if you see the video, I drove for about 350+ kms so it is very good indication that the mileage is not a fluke occurrence.

On my trips south, towards Coimbatore, I get an average of about 16-17 quite easily while still driving at 100-110 kmph. The mileage drops on single carriageway because I get impatient and usually shuttle between 3rd and 4th and give it a bit of stick to overtake quickly.

The way I drove is to keep the RPM at 2500 or higher on 5th. Actually, I kept it there from 2nd gear onwards.

here is the video

ak916 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 13:21   #2334
Senior - BHPian

So after a couple of weeks of waiting, i finally got the VIN and it is MCA110ACE09036348DJZ. Now i went through the thread for that and i assume this is an April manufactured model.

My problem is all these days, the sales manager kept saying that i am getting a brand new model from factory and that is the reason for the delay. He even said production is slow so i have to wait.

Now if it is indeed an April model, what do i do with his pack of lies? Why can't they just be honest about things?
Old 30th June 2014, 16:37   #2335
Senior - BHPian

Why assume? Put in a request on the following thread and have Wildon decode the same for you.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...e-vin-125.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
So after a couple of weeks of waiting, i finally got the VIN and it is MCA110ACE09036348DJZ. Now i went through the thread for that and i assume this is an April manufactured model.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 16:42   #2336
Senior - BHPian

@Khoj: Thats the first thing i did
Old 1st July 2014, 10:39   #2337
BHPian

An update from my trip to Chennai from Bangalore and back. My first highway trip with the New Tjet..
Total Distance : 780 km (up and down)
Onward Mileage: 15 kmpl with AC on full time. Onward journey was a bit conservative keeping it around 110 kmph.
Return Journey Mileage: 13 kmpl with AC on full time. This time i did a little bit of revving taking the car above 3000 rpm quite often.
Needless to say the impact on mileage was visible.
Used the cruise control as well...its a boon when u need to give your foot a rest. However, if there are too many inclines, the cruise control tends to overaccelerate to maintain speed and thus the mileage drops quite a bit. This is my observation. I could be wrong.
Overall, very happy with the drive and the comfort of the drive as well. The AC unit is one of the best as we did not feel the heat on the road which peaked at 44 deg C.

It was a learning experience with the Tjet and I do agree that keeping it around 2500 rpm helps with the mileage a lot.

Cheers
Anugrah
anugrahlall is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 14:03   #2338
Senior - BHPian

So i called up the sales manager and asked him why are you selling me an April car when you had promised me a June car. His first question was how i managed to find that out?! He was pretty shocked.

Gave some excuses and said will get clarity by today. Ah well
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 18:07   #2339
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
So i called up the sales manager and asked him why are you selling me an April car when you had promised me a June car. His first question was how i managed to find that out?! He was pretty shocked.

Gave some excuses and said will get clarity by today. Ah well
Earlier during the tie up with TATA days the dealer could select the VIN number from the available stock and place the order at the factory. With Fiat going solo, they have taken this option off. The dealer places the order by the product code (Yes, they have difference product codes for variants, engines and colors) and then the plant ships whatever is available at the plant. The guys who close the order at the plant will ship the oldest of the lot (but not the ones from previous years as they are sold with different schemes).

The sales guys at the dealerships have no control over this and most probably are not even aware of this. However, you can reject the current one and write an email Fiat asking them to ship the June manufactured (again subject availability).

You can go ahead with the April one if it clears your PDI.

On the mileage discussion - I was able to extract 18.3 kmpl with speeds hovering around 80-90 kmph from the Tjet over the 220 kms journey. Mind you the drive was boring and the Tjet simply deserves to driven faster.

Last edited by nkrishnap : 1st July 2014 at 18:10.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 18:51   #2340
Senior - BHPian

Thanks NK. I have no qualms about picking up an April model but just that after being talked about so much about how i will be getting a brand new straight off the line car, it sort felt bad that's all.

And that was the excuse he was giving for a delay of almost 3 weeks now since i paid the booking amount.

Ah well shall update when he give's me a call

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks