Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2010, 22:55   #226
Senior - BHPian

@Floyd- TATA ranks towards the bottom in the "sales experience" as per the latest study by JD Power Asia Pacific.
I was "refused" Linea TD. But still I stuck with Fiat in my case as it is the sales team that is lousy.
I don't say that give T-Jet another chance but just explaining why you had this experience.

When it comes to after sales service, Fiat has ranked number 2 (ahead of Honda and Hyundai) in customer service and I'm very happy to read it.
Old 3rd November 2010, 15:22   #227
BANNED

Some pics of T-Jet. Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-spm_a0323.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-spm_a0324.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-spm_a0325.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-spm_a0327.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-spm_a0328.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-spm_a0329.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-spm_a0330.jpg  

Old 3rd November 2010, 15:30   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
I was "refused" Linea TD. But still I stuck with Fiat in my case as it is the sales team that is lousy.
This could be an exception - in my case, I was attended promptly by "Tuscan wine" blazer clad Fiat sales reps who carefully took me through all the features and then arranged a TD immediately. These guys were Fiat specific and did not handle any Tata sales.

Dealer : ABS gurgaon
Old 3rd November 2010, 16:23   #229
BHPian

is this the concorde motors showroom ? The wine red shade looks awesome. I always feel Fiat has some of the best colors in the automobile industry. If once recollects the outrageous colors that the Palio sported..and yet could carry with such flamboyance that no other car has.

I have been informed that my Tjet would be arriving today. My loan is yet to be approved by SBI and i am hoping that the dealership doesnt put up the car in the showroom for display :(

I am keeping my fingers crossed for the loan approval to happen quickly and this wait is getting completely to my nerves..

cheers
vinay
Old 3rd November 2010, 16:39   #230
BANNED

Hey Vinay so you finally decided with T-Jet! WOW!

The car seen is in Prerana Motors Lalbaug road. Where did you book? Which color?
Old 3rd November 2010, 17:41   #231
BHPian

The devil in me will be itching to see how this T-jet fares against my 85 hp MJD on highway!! Ok... I will stop here before my post gets deleted
Old 3rd November 2010, 18:38   #232
BHPian

As always Wonderful Review GTO! This leaves me with a question albeit for people to voice their views. With us ignoring the space, interiors et al and concentrating on What is the best drivers car this side of 10 lacs ex showroom- Would it be the new Linea T-Jet or the Fiesta S? My heart still says Fiesta S.
Old 3rd November 2010, 20:42   #233
UKR
BHPian

^^ As GTO had put it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The T-Jet owns the Fiesta, 1.6S or otherwise. I found the Fiat to be infinitely more fun to drive.
Old 3rd November 2010, 21:18   #234
BHPian

GTO's T-Jet review is comprehensive. I saw the T-Jet at Concorde Motors, Cochin today.

A few observations.
1. The interior plastics is better than my Linea MJD E+.
2. With 16" Wheels it has better ground clearance.
3. Cigarette lighter and ashtray is missing in T-Jet.
4. Spare wheel is also an alloy.
Old 3rd November 2010, 21:39   #235
MCR
BHPian

Micheal Schumacher in a T-jet Ad, from his Ferrari days.

Old 3rd November 2010, 21:51   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Micheal Schumacher in a T-jet Ad, from his Ferrari days.
I liked the instrument console. Looks better than the retro theme console present here.

Note from Team-BHP Support Staff : Post edited. Please avoid quoting videos while replying to a post. Thanks.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 4th November 2010 at 09:38. Reason: See Moderator note in post.
Old 4th November 2010, 07:10   #237
abk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

This car is almost like a 9 lakh rupee equivalent of the Skoda vRS.
Gleaning from all these pages of reviews, observations & speculations I think that's the most emphatic & concise statement made in conclusion. And I loved hearing it! The T-Jet appears my potential new car for many, i repeat many, reasons. FIAT India bravo!
Old 4th November 2010, 08:20   #238
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Linea T-Jet is the only car in its segment to have sun visors with vanity mirrors on both sides. Yes, Fiat loves female drivers as well!

I'm attaching a picture for reference - (Picture courtesy - TFI)

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-301020101190.jpg

Amith

Last edited by Klub Class : 4th November 2010 at 08:22.
Old 4th November 2010, 09:08   #239
BANNED

Excellent! now Fiat has just to follow up with some good service and maintenance procedures. This car will be every other car owners envy and we frankly need someone to lead the market in style and substance and fiat is doing this even if they aren't making the numbers.
Old 4th November 2010, 17:58   #240
BHPian

I had a very fundamental question on the pricing and the positioning of the Linea TJet and a number of comments in relation to the ANHC. I have read a number of posts which state that the Tjet with its pricing and power would not get good numbers for Fiat and it would only be an enthusiast's car. Many have commented that it would not be a mass market car.

Now at Rs 11.9 lacs on road bangalore, the Tjet is just below the ANHC top end (Manual) pricing from what i understand. That being the case, when the Honda is selling such huge numbers, why cant the T Jet with a much more driveable engine, sexier design and much better equipped car with almost the same or marginally low fuel efficiency command better market share ? Why would one think that this is only an enthusiasts car and not a car which would bring in numbers for Fiat ?

Any comments ?

Cheers
Vinay

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks