Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2014, 10:39   #2461
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Djay99 - You cant go wrong with the Tjet. The 1 lakh odd which you save can be used to fuel the Tjet for the pleasureable drives which the Tjet offers.

PM me if you need any help on the purchase of the car from Vecto.

The Goodyear Eagle NCT5 is pretty average, hard and pretty noise tyre.
nkrishnap is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2014, 15:25   #2462
Senior - BHPian

I am facing a strange predictament. The temperature display for the airconditioner in our TJet is flashing for the past few days. The manual does not have anything on this and I have not been able to go to the service centre. Does any of you have any idea on this? Could it be an indicator of low battery or something completely different?
Old 26th December 2014, 09:54   #2463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I am facing a strange predictament. The temperature display for the airconditioner in our TJet is flashing for the past few days.
What a coincidence, my T-Jet has recently developed the same problem, though it has not affected the cooling or any other functions. I too plan to take it to the service centre sometime soon to get it sorted out alongwith a few other niggles.

Quote:
........Could it be an indicator of low battery or something completely different?
I thought so as well and since my +4 year old battery was anyway due for a replacement, I got a new battery installed but the flashing display is still there!! Please do update this thread once you have this issue sorted out.
PGNarain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 10:17   #2464
BHPian

@khoj, do you have an obd tool? Will that be of any help in diagnosing this issue?
Old 26th December 2014, 10:32   #2465
BHPian

Quote:
I am facing a strange predictament. The temperature display for the airconditioner in our TJet is flashing for the past few days. The manual does not have anything on this and I have not been able to go to the service centre. Does any of you have any idea on this? Could it be an indicator of low battery or something completely different?

Could be due to the battery but to be sure, go to service and get the examiner hooked to clear error codes. Call Exide BatMobile service home to get the battery checked. Or try a jugaad if you want - disconnect negative terminal of the battery and put back after sometime. May resolve the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post
What a coincidence, my T-Jet has recently developed the same problem, though it has not affected the cooling or any other functions. I too plan to take it to the service centre sometime soon to get it sorted out alongwith a few other niggles.

I thought so as well and since my +4 year old battery was anyway due for a replacement, I got a new battery installed but the flashing display is still there!! Please do update this thread once you have this issue sorted out.
You would need to hook up the examiner and get the error codes cleared. Pretty common issue since the dying battery would have resulted in some of these. Both my Fiats have exhibited this behavior in the few years I've owned them.

Last edited by nkapoor777 : 26th December 2014 at 10:33.
nkapoor777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 17:03   #2466
Senior - BHPian

Sure, will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post
Please do update this thread once you have this issue sorted out.

Nope do not have it but seems that would be the way to go per nkapoor's post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunactivity View Post
@khoj, do you have an obd tool? Will that be of any help in diagnosing this issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
You would need to hook up the examiner and get the error codes cleared. Pretty common issue since the dying battery would have resulted in some of these. Both my Fiats have exhibited this behavior in the few years I've owned them.

On the battery front has anyone upgraded to the next size. IIRC the Tjet has a DIN40 battery. Am thinking of getting a DIN55 provided the alternator has enough juice to charge it, will check that out in the manual. Will also try and get Sukam's automotive battery this time, recently launched under the brand name 'automate' it boasts of AWT 'all weather technology'.

http://www.su-kam.com/power-solution...tive-batteries

Looks good on paper but availability is an issue. In case I can't find them, will get AC Delco.
Old 26th December 2014, 21:02   #2467
BHPian

Quote:
On the battery front has anyone upgraded to the next size. IIRC the Tjet has a DIN40 battery. Am thinking of getting a DIN55 provided the alternator has enough juice to charge it, will check that out in the manual. Will also try and get Sukam's automotive battery this time, recently launched under the brand name 'automate' it boasts of AWT 'all weather technology'.

http://www.su-kam.com/power-solution...tive-batteries

Looks good on paper but availability is an issue. In case I can't find them, will get AC Delco.
I changed to Exide DIN55 in the Tjet some months ago. Works absolutely fine. Stock one is DIN50 by Exide. Two changes to expect if you put DIN55 in - first, the stopper in the battery tray will need to go since DIN55 is slightly larger than the stock one. Second, the battery cover won't fit :-). Don't worry about the alternator charging the bigger battery. Good luck finding the Sukam one. Looks good on paper though.
Old 11th January 2015, 23:33   #2468
BHPian

I have just completed 500km on my TJet and am facing a loss of power and a jerkiness @ 2k rpm .

I was crawling in traffic in 2nd gear, and the engine stalled with an error message - "Insufficient Engine oil pressure" . This disappeared when I started the engine again .

I also felt a loss of power at 2k rpm and the whole car started to jerk . Pressing the accelerator did not make a difference and it felt like whole engine was stalling, even though it had sufficient accelerator input.

I had filled Shell regular for the second tankful, and had run ~100 km without issues.

Is this a sign of a failing turbo?
Old 12th January 2015, 10:00   #2469
BHPian

Fiat RSA said they need to tow the vehicle to the nearest service center. Apparently, they do not have a remote diagnosis setup to check on error codes before repair .

The first tow ride back to the workshop in less than 30 days ... :(
Old 12th January 2015, 11:14   #2470
Senior - BHPian

Oh man that is sad. Please keep us updated.
Old 13th January 2015, 15:58   #2471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunactivity View Post
Fiat RSA said they need to tow the vehicle to the nearest service center. Apparently, they do not have a remote diagnosis setup to check on error codes before repair .

The first tow ride back to the workshop in less than 30 days ... :(
Sad to hear this man. Hope you get back your car faster.
Old 13th January 2015, 19:18   #2472
BHPian

Latest news from Fiat service is that there were particles in the fuel ,which was causing the problem .

On checking further, they said that a tube/wire from the fuel pump was burnt and these particles were recirculated into the fuel system , probably causing this issue.

As of now, they are planning to replace the fuel pump / (filter?) , and I need to replace the fuel !

I'm waiting for the official statement ...
Old 14th January 2015, 18:21   #2473
Senior - BHPian

Battery replaced and examiner hooked up and codes cleared but the problem persists. Discussed with Mr. Sharma at Kashyap and per him all of the wiring running to the module needs to be checked and if there are no faults there then the module would need replacement.

Any ideas..?

Quote:
Could be due to the battery but to be sure, go to service and get the examiner hooked to clear error codes. Call Exide BatMobile service home to get the battery checked. Or try a jugaad if you want - disconnect negative terminal of the battery and put back after sometime. May resolve the issue.

Old 14th January 2015, 18:30   #2474
BHPian

Quote:
Battery replaced and examiner hooked up and codes cleared but the problem persists. Discussed with Mr. Sharma at Kashyap and per him all of the wiring running to the module needs to be checked and if there are no faults there then the module would need replacement.

Any ideas..?
That's a strange one. I am assuming everything is running fine wrt electricals et al. Why the heck would the module need to be replaced then? Get the wiring checked first. Also have a look at the audio wiring and installation bits (wiring, fuses, etc).

PS: which battery did you get? DIN55?

Last edited by nkapoor777 : 14th January 2015 at 18:32.
Old 15th January 2015, 00:29   #2475
Senior - BHPian

Starnge as it may sound, the unit stopped flashing this evening. Don't know how or why, it just did.

Got a DIN 44 Amaron Flo. For some reason none of the shops in Kalkaji & CR Park had a DIN 55 except one that had a Sonic (an Exide sub brand) but quoted an absurd price. Funnily enough the sticker on the Exide read 50Ah and the DIN44 is indeed smaller than what went out. Two Exide dealers confirmed(independent of each other) that 50Ah size is not available at all, as did the Kashyap Fiat's store keeper and the on line bhai. So now I have a 46Ah battery doing the job of a 50Ah. Will be happy if nothing flashes for the next 24 months.

Quote:
That's a strange one. I am assuming everything is running fine wrt electricals et al. Why the heck would the module need to be replaced then? Get the wiring checked first. Also have a look at the audio wiring and installation bits (wiring, fuses, etc).

PS: which battery did you get? DIN55?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks