Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2015, 15:58   #2491
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post

What was the reason for fuel to spill over from the filter housing? Not fastened enough?
Something of the sort - the gasket needed to be replaced, and the seal was not proper..

I do feel that this could be something to do with residue that was already present in the tank. The contaminant was a sticky gel like substance
Old 28th January 2015, 04:17   #2492
BHPian

Hey guys, I will be out of town for around 2 years. Is it advisable to top up the tank and leave the car standing for that long. My other option is to sell the car but really do not want to do that. The car is just a year old.
Old 28th January 2015, 22:17   #2493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiaashish View Post
In which case I may have to cancel the booking. Again that wud put me back cos these people will fall back saying the booking Amnt is not fully refundable. Since I had made up my mind of buying a tjet I did not read too much on the booking cancellation charges. Life's teaching me hard lessons :(. Shall keep you guys posted though.
There were times cancellation charges were not a norm. I did get my full booking amount back with no deduction over a Zen booking some years back. But things have changed now. Findings after some light googling is that you might lose anywhere between 2.5 to 5K for cancelling your booking on your FIAT. You may want to think it over. Considering the investment you are about to make, should you stick to this crappy dealer over a 5K?
Old 30th January 2015, 10:47   #2494
BHPian

Took me a really long time to put this together but finally its taken off and here's the first half of the Travelogue and brief Ownership experience of the Jet. Hope you guys like it.
Old 30th January 2015, 11:11   #2495
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpioman View Post
Hey guys, I will be out of town for around 2 years. Is it advisable to top up the tank and leave the car standing for that long. My other option is to sell the car but really do not want to do that. The car is just a year old.
Keeping it standing for 2 long years with zero activity is not advisable unless you really want to retain this very car for sentimental value. While a few months of hibernation is fine, 2 years is a really long time, and besides, what if your assignment abroad gets extended after 2 years? you will still be in a dilemma about what to do then, with some more depreciation hit due to ageing.

My suggestion is if you want to retain the same car and have it in a good condition when you are back, try to see if a local friend or relative can manage the usage (at least occasionally) and get periodic maintenance services done for you.

Otherwise selling it is a much better option and lesser headache; salvage whatever resale value you can now by selling it to someone who can buy and use the car frequently. At least it won't be rusting away with an uncertain future.

Last edited by KarthikK : 30th January 2015 at 11:17.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2015, 16:04   #2496
BHPian

@wildinstincts I plan to go ahead with the purchase. The dealer has agreed to give an additional cash discount of 7k and a paint sealant from Wuerth. The problem is the prices of tjet have shot up to 11.5 lakh and I am getting it for 9.8. Having done the pdi which was reasonably fine, my personal view is its worth going ahead with this rather than again breaking heads with another dealer. Part of my decision also stems from the fact that the other fiat dealer in Mumbai, torrid is offering an April 2014 manufactured car at the new price.. Call it buyers market... Phew!!
Old 30th January 2015, 22:23   #2497
BHPian

Is it possible to load a roof rack for a roof-box on Linea? Something like this?
I was told we need to drill a hole into the roof to lock it in.
Anyone know if there is a 'clamp' system that can fit without punching a hole. Really don't want to do that and also can't do without a roof-box as well.
Old 31st January 2015, 12:05   #2498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyonwheels View Post
Is it possible to load a roof rack for a roof-box on Linea? Something like this?
I was told we need to drill a hole into the roof to lock it in.
Anyone know if there is a 'clamp' system that can fit without punching a hole. Really don't want to do that and also can't do without a roof-box as well.
There's a hole already present in the front part on both sides. And on the rear-side, there's a depressed provision to make a hole if needed:

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0013.jpg
nareshov is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2015, 20:11   #2499
BANNED

One of my close friends is getting a deal of 8.4lacs on Dec 2014 Tjet Emotion .It is a new car. His concern are will i face problem in A.S.S and kmpl city/highway figures .He plans to keep the car upto max 10 years .He previously had city and has been very happy with Honda .He really doesnt want to look beyond Honda but one test drive and he loves how Linea Tjet rides braked handled but is in double mind . Appreciate owners inputs especially from New Delhi region.
Old 31st January 2015, 20:25   #2500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
One of my close friends is getting a deal of 8.4lacs on Dec 2014 Tjet Emotion .It is a new car. His concern are will i face problem in A.S.S and kmpl city/highway figures .He plans to keep the car upto max 10 years .He previously had city and has been very happy with Honda .He really doesnt want to look beyond Honda but one test drive and he loves how Linea Tjet rides braked handled but is in double mind . Appreciate owners inputs especially from New Delhi region.
Service is not a problem. I have been patronizing Kashyap Fiat and very happy with the support. City mileage stays between 9.5 to 11 kmpl with a light foot, while highway can go up to 14-15 kmpl. Spirited driving and it goes to 7-8 kmpl but the big grin more than makes up for the Gandhi's lost.

It looks like a sweet deal at 8.4l - is it on road price? Its an unbeatable package at that price.
nkapoor777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2015, 20:30   #2501
BHPian

@trust_in_thrust 8.4 lakh ex showroom or on road? If it's on road for a Dec 2014 module then take it without even blinking an eye. In Mumbai I am getting the tjet emotion at 9.8 lakh on road and that too for a May 2014 model. The price of the model today is 11.45 lakh on road in Mumbai.
Old 31st January 2015, 20:34   #2502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
There's a hole already present in the front part on both sides. And on the rear-side, there's a depressed provision to make a hole if needed:
Phew! If its the case - then its quite a relief. Was getting worried that the drill might end up showing in the roof once I don't need the rail box anymore.
Btw - would you know if the hole we make by the read door side needs to drilled all the way till the roof?
Old 5th February 2015, 17:41   #2503
BANNED

the current Linea comes with 190 mm ground clearance.. however, lookswise to me, it does not look nice. is it possible to lower the ground clearance ? also, will the ride and handling improve after decreasing the ground clearance ??
Old 6th February 2015, 20:46   #2504
Senior - BHPian

At 4995kms my tjet now refuses to start :(

Called up the service guys and they are sending their emergency people over. God.
Engine cranks but doesn't start up.
Old 10th February 2015, 07:04   #2505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post

Attachment 1334600
I casually checked with mechanics at two different service centres what these holes and depression was for. Did not really have a convincing answer. Apparently, they have never had such a request. Can imagine!

Infact, was told there is no provision to mount a rack on a Linea and only way to doing that is punching a hole through the roof. Now that's going to hurt but damn...i can't do without it.

Hope those holes and depressions are for mounting a rack!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks