Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2015, 16:05   #2641
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

I do not why but Fiat always manages to mess-up things up.

I booked the car, nay, I booked the Jet on 1st May. The car was shipped only 4 odd days back because there was not enough volume to justify transportation.

I was ok with this. (for what can one do). The car was supposed to hit Delhi by friday and I had planned delivery on Sunday. Now, I gt a call from the dealer that apparently the truck has broken down somewhere in Gujarat.

No final date of delivery in sight.

Gawd, almost a month to deliver a car that has literally no waiting period. A very frustrating wait....

Last edited by ampere : 21st May 2015 at 16:21. Reason: Fixed typos
Old 21st May 2015, 21:32   #2642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopoco777 View Post
I do not why but Fiat always manages to mess-up things up.

I booked the car, nay, I booked the Jet on 1st May. The car was shipped only 4 odd days back because there was not enough volume to justify transportation.

I was ok with this. (for what can one do). The car was supposed to hit Delhi by friday and I had planned delivery on Sunday. Now, I gt a call from the dealer that apparently the truck has broken down somewhere in Gujarat.

No final date of delivery in sight.

Gawd, almost a month to deliver a car that has literally no waiting period. A very frustrating wait....
Had a similar harrowing time for my delivery. Or should I say a worse one with delivery happening a full quarter after full payment and that too for a 9 month old manufactured Emotion jet in March 2015. Thought this was dealer specific here in Mumbai but seems to be the case pan India. The only petty thing the dealer compensated me for the delay was by way of a complementary Mapmyindia GPS model zx350. Copying Mangesh Kodalkar, Head CRM and Customer Care of Fiat CA India Auto in the mails did not help either. Anyhow I did get a response from Mangesh on another issue - extended warranty cos I was rather sceptic when the dealer gave just a sheet of print out as being the extended warranty certificate from Fiat. My doubt was further strengthened when I called up the Fiat callcenter who confirmed that they had no knowledge about my jet's 2 yr extended warranty. However Mangesh responded this time, albeit with just a 'shall check with dealer and revert' kind of reply. Had to follow up with him to just get a verbal clarification:banghead:. By the way, in case you need to connect with Mangesh, these are his updated contact details which I could lay my hands on after so much struggle since everywhere his contacts were old ones including here at Teambhp (or may be I missed it): mangesh.kodalkar@fcagroup.com; cell no. +91 9923777925. Hope you get your jet at the earliest. But all said and done, it is still worth a wait
indiaashish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2015, 23:24   #2643

Friends,
I too am in a similar situation! The Fiat dealer contacted me two weeks before and appraised me that the emotion variant is going to cost more and therefore no point in waiting in anticipation of more offers. So I relented and gave the nod. Now the price quoted is around 10.5 L. Is it okay? I hope so. Any way I had to agree because I had already done the booking in the first week of April and then only changed my mind for the emotion variant. Yes, the colour is Tuscan wine. By the way I am also planning to install a MapMy India Unit. Which one is better?

Last edited by ampere : 21st May 2015 at 23:34. Reason: Corrected text
Old 22nd May 2015, 12:30   #2644
BHPian

Thanx Indiaashish

I just managed to speak to somebody in Fiat and he has confirmed that the car is in transportation (so, at least the dealer is telling the truth!)
I am awaiting for the delivery date from him. Will write/speak to Mangesh if nothing comes off this. But many thanks for sharing this.

And yes, I really hope it is worth the wait.

@Anilsdrive - my color is also Tuscan Wine. Funny thing is i have not seen a single Tuscan Wine in the 2014 model. The color, though, a dust magnet used to look brilliant in the earlier models but surprisingly is not finding many takers in the new avtar.

And my wishes are with you on a early delivery - price seems to a little high - i am sure you can negotiate at least 20-30k more. Also, emotion variant costing more seems to be more of a marketing gimmick than anything. Please check with some more dealerships to check the veracity of the claim.

Last edited by ampere : 22nd May 2015 at 12:33. Reason: Formatted Text.
locopoco777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2015, 13:45   #2645

Believe me, Tuscan Wine looks great and in the 2014 model it is a real beauty. It is a little on the deeper side which makes it even nicer. In Trivandrum I have seen a no. of them and all of them looked great!

- price seems to a little high - i am sure you can negotiate at least 20-30k more.

Don't break my heart locco pocco. I have paid the entire amount and that too without practically any offer in terms of accessories. There is only one dealer here in Tvpm. so competition is minimum. No other way.

I was considering MapMyIndia models such as Lx350, vx350 and Zx350. Which one suits the T jet better I am not sure.
Old 26th May 2015, 14:49   #2646
BHPian

Anilsdrive, I think Fiat has revised the price of it's cars by about 2%. My dealer was telling me that I was lucky else I would have to cough up about 20K for the Jet.

On the matter of a GPS, I also do not know right now. Mapmyindia usually has satisfied customers so am sure it should be a good choice.
Old 26th May 2015, 18:37   #2647
Senior - BHPian

Who is your dealer ?

Quote:
I just managed to speak to somebody in Fiat and he has confirmed that the car is in transportation (so, at least the dealer is telling the truth!)
Old 28th May 2015, 10:36   #2648
Senior - BHPian

Lost one of the wheel covers on a long drive. Asked price for a new one. Guy said Rs.450 max sir. Two days later he calls me back and says it costs Rs.2000+ for one!

Sigh ordered the previous gen's wheel cover set from 99rpm for Rs.370 a pc.
Old 28th May 2015, 13:00   #2649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Who is your dealer ?
The dealer is DRS Fiat, Faridabad.

Finally, a bit of good news, the jet has arrived.

I can take the delivery tomorrow itselfmbut i reckon i would be able to take the delivery on Sunday only.

Am so excited.

Mod Note: Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 3rd December 2016 at 14:14.
Old 3rd June 2015, 22:41   #2650

Friends, great news! the T jet has arrived!
We went, We saw, We grabbed it, the new Linea T jet in Tuscan Wine

Some of the photos have been uploaded.

A notable thing was the 'Apollo Acelere' tyres as stock ones instead of the expected Good Year ones. Are Apollo better over Good Year.

As for the Keys only one set of foldable keys are supplied. other one is a regular one without the central locking device.

As for the navigation system I have installed MapMy India ZX350 with reverse camera. They work better
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-picture1.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-picture-key.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-picture2.jpg  

anilsdrive is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 08:30   #2651
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilsdrive View Post
A notable thing was the 'Apollo Acelere' tyres as stock ones instead of the expected Good Year ones. Are Apollo better over Good Year.
Heartiest congratulations on bringing home the jet.

Apollo Acceleres are quite rugged ones but with a substantial amount of road noise. If you are short on budget, then you stick to these for the next 30k kms or so. Or else swap to Michelin P3ST, Yoko A drives etc for smoother and less road noise drives.

Can you post the pic of the MMI with rear camera??
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 12:00   #2652
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new Jet Mr.Anil. Looks gorgeous.

And yes i got the same as well. One foldable key and one regular key. And i had to wait for 2 weeks to get the foldable key!
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 16:49   #2653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilsdrive View Post
Friends, great news! the T jet has arrived!
We went, We saw, We grabbed it, the new Linea T jet in Tuscan Wine

Some of the photos have been uploaded.

As for the Keys only one set of foldable keys are supplied. other one is a regular one without the central locking device.

As for the navigation system I have installed MapMy India ZX350 with reverse camera. They work better
Congratulations on your new ride!
Do provide your inputs on your experiences. My new punto evo also drives on the apollo and they are good and I am not sure about goodyear. Only thing i can recollect is that apollo are slighty more expensive than goodyear spec to spec.
Rover2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 15:47   #2654
BHPian

I am late in sharing the news....blame the hectic work schedule....friends the good news is that I am also a proud owner of the jet.

The baby was delivered on 31st May and it looked beautiful in the tuscan wine color.

The first thing i wanted was a tyre upgrade. My T jet also came in Apollos and unfortunately the buyback was only 4500 bucks a piece. So, Michelin P3STs were costing me about 18k-20k for the upgrade. Hence, decided to hold off the upgrade.

Now, coming to the drive and other impressions. I have driven only 150 odd km so have not really experienced the Jet in its full glory. I have upgraded from i10 and hence my observations are relative to that:

1. The jet does look beautiful. I mean, i had reservations on the new model's looks but spend some time and you fall in love with it.

2. The stance is solid - like a lion on the prowl. Love those meaty tyres. A neighbor has just bought the new Verna and i daresay, the Jet just trumps it on the looks n stance department.

3. I somehow had bit of a trouble changing the gears especially moving from 3rd to higher and from fifth to lower - at neutral it becomes sort of 'notchy'. Have to drive more to confirm this aspect.

4.Haven't yet experienced the turbo :( But, the car is fast for it's size. I could accelerate fast from redlights and somehow the traffic seemed a bit slower. Is is my illusion? I am not really a very fast driver yet felt that the car moved fairly fast. Not that I minded, honestly !!

5. I haven't really cornered it, but somehow felt very confident in the 1-2 minor zig-zag maneouvres on Delhi roads.

6. Gee, the family likes it. Dad wasn't in too much favor of the Linea but later told my Mom that my car looks like a BMW!

7. Funny thing i noticed. At about 80km/hr - there was some vibration in the steering wheel. I noticed this twice. Is it normal or something to worry about?

8. Bro-in law saw the car yesterday. He loved the ambient lighting.

I am enjoying the jet. Taking it slow. Haven't really explored a lot of stuff yet. Will keep on updating my experiences.

And thanks to this forum...i probably would have never bought the Jet but for the passion here. Must mention that GTO's initial review which I had read way back then in 2010-2011 made me fall in love with the jet. I do not think any review of any car covered thereafter or before had the kind of "heart" as was in that review.

cheers,

locopoco
locopoco777 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 16:40   #2655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The baby was delivered on 31st May and it looked beautiful in the tuscan wine color.

The first thing i wanted was a tyre upgrade. My T jet also came in Apollos and unfortunately the buyback was only 4500 bucks a piece. So, Michelin P3STs were costing me about 18k-20k for the upgrade. Hence, decided to hold off the upgrade.
Heartiest Congratulations buddy. The aches of budget forces many to postpone the tyre swaps. Apollos are good tyres no doubt but are noisier.

Time to open an ownership thread and add lots of pics of the Jet.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed