Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2015, 11:59   #2671
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Time to renew insurance. First year was with Future Generali, second with Bharti AXA. Both years zero dep, no claims.

Tried to get a quote from ICICI Lombard; they don't know of a "T-Jet" model and insist I use the 1.4 petrol in the drop down box on their website to get a quote. I told them to take a hike. They've promised to investigate and get back to me on Saturday the 11th.

Which insurer are folks here using for zero dep for the T-Jet? Would love to hear your recommendations. Thanks.
Old 9th July 2015, 12:16   #2672
BHPian

I got Future Generali Zero Dep , when I had a claim last year with Tata AIG, for around 19k for my 3 year old T-Jet, I felt it was good and the most important thing is that , the workshop where I take my car to, I called them to confirm if they had cashless repairs with Future Generali, and only after getting their confirmation did I buy the insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Time to renew insurance. First year was with Future Generali, second with Bharti AXA. Both years zero dep, no claims.

Tried to get a quote from ICICI Lombard; they don't know of a "T-Jet" model and insist I use the 1.4 petrol in the drop down box on their website to get a quote. I told them to take a hike. They've promised to investigate and get back to me on Saturday the 11th.

Which insurer are folks here using for zero dep for the T-Jet? Would love to hear your recommendations. Thanks.
xaero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2015, 12:21   #2673
BHPian

Hey Buddy, first of all congrats on your new car and you have made a really nice choice by buying the Jet

I do this highway atleast three times a year till Pathankot, and stay in speed limits i.e. 90 kmph constantly and I get a fuel efficiency of 16-17 in summers with AC and it goes to 17-18 in winters without AC. My T-Jet is an Oct 2011 model. Maybe you should do a run after atleast 2 services and then note the average. Moreover, did you try maintaining the AC temperature at 21-22 rather than 16-18, somehow the Linea AC cools better at this range.

In case, you get the O-Ring issue checked as suggested by a fellow Bhpian and its actually an issue, do update the forum about the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by locopoco777 View Post
The only thing disappointing was the mileage. Tankfull method and it read 13.2kmpl. Hmm, I am racking my head. 10.5 in Delhi and 13.2 at highways and that too at "boring" speeds. Mysteries of Fiat.
Cheers,
xaero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2015, 12:29   #2674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaero View Post
I got Future Generali Zero Dep , when I had a claim last year with Tata AIG, for around 19k for my 3 year old T-Jet, I felt it was good and the most important thing is that , the workshop where I take my car to, I called them to confirm if they had cashless repairs with Future Generali, and only after getting their confirmation did I buy the insurance.
Thanks xaero.

A bit confused. Who are you with now, and who does cashless with your favorite workshop?
Old 9th July 2015, 12:42   #2675
BHPian

I am with Oberoi Fiat Sector 63 Noida and Tata AIG, Future Generali and a few others, I usually call my service advisor there and ensure which ones are cashless, before buying the insurance. Its always better to confirm first.
Quote:
Thanks xaero.

A bit confused. Who are you with now, and who does cashless with your favorite workshop?
Old 9th July 2015, 12:47   #2676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Time to renew insurance.
I would suggest stick to Future Generali, the only reason being FG has a cashless tie up with all Fiat workshops nation wide unlike other Insurers which have localized tie ups depending upon the workshop. The other advantage is in case of claims, the charges levied for repairs are uniform all across Fiat workshops in contrast to other Insurers who have their own chart of repair charges.

Disclaimer: I am not advertising FG, just putting forth the views of my discussions with various Insurers during my Punto's Insurance renewal.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2015, 15:41   #2677
BHPian

While we're on the topic of insurance, I would like to know how Future Generali calculates their liability. I bought a new Linea in Feb'2015, and took a bumper-to-bumper option from Future Generali (through the Dealer KHT Fiat). I had a claim recently (Front fender dent/paint & front bumper spot painting). KHT Fiat workshop at Whitefield, Bangalore invoiced the repair at 6990, Future Generali approved only about 5,500. There is virtually no information on the policy document about compulsory excess / other details.
Old 9th July 2015, 16:55   #2678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvlkiran View Post
There is virtually no information on the policy document about compulsory excess / other details.
There is a section IMT 22 probably on page 6/7 of the standard Insurance policy document which talks about compulsory deductible. The section also talks about the amount based on the class of the vehicle insured. The amount although is not mentioned being an online policy. Have a look.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 21:58   #2679

Quote:
The only thing disappointing was the mileage. Tankfull method and it read 13.2kmpl. Hmm, I am racking my head. 10.5 in Delhi and 13.2 at highways and that too at "boring" speeds. Mysteries of Fiat.

Cheers,
@ locopoco, not to be disappointed at this initial stage about mileage. This is certainly a honeymoon period where you only 'give' more but 'take' less. Even I have been filling fuel after fuel. The mileage in city showing only between 8- 10.5 with AC all time. But there surely more to expect when we cross the 1000-2000 km. mark. However, the turbo experience is great and unparalleled. Really we feel like soaring over the road when the Turbo kicks in. The engine response is superb and I felt it remarkable since I had been driving the Alto previously. Nevertheless, I am careful not to cross the 2000 rpm range in the running in period.
anilsdrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2015, 13:43   #2680
BHPian

Fellas, need your advice.

A strange thing has happened which i noticed yesterday morning.

There is a sort of bump on the roof of the car. I had returned the night before and things were fine. Yesterday morning, I noticed this strange depression on the roof of the car.

There are two suspects - stray dogs which i have noticed sometimes climb on top of cars. Unfortunately, we do not have covered parking and all vehicle are parked on the road next to the house.

The second seems to be case of neighbors envy, owners pride !

I did not notice anything that may have fallen on the car..... baffling.

So, what do i do..... take it to the service station or some nearby mechanic. To my untrained eye, i think (and hope) it is a matter of applying reverse pressure so that the bump straightens.

cheers,
Old 18th July 2015, 15:21   #2681
BHPian

After a long fight between the head and the heart, the heart succeeded. I booked a Linea T-Jet Emotion from Torrid Motors. After a torrid experience between the dealer and FIAT, I have finally got the car in my hand. All details will be updated in a an ownership log coming soon.

Although it has been 3 days since delivery, I have not been able to drive the car because the registration has not come. I have taken delivery of the car pending registration as I required physical delivery by a particular date for personal reasons.

In view of that, I got the dealer to pick up the car from Ranjangaon and deliver it to me after PDI and accessories fitment.

Below are some photos of the beauty (Also alongside my first love, the Palio 1.6 GTX)
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-image003.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-image004.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-image005.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-image006.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-image007.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-image008.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-image009.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-image010.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-image002.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-20150716_230251-copy.jpg  

thedragula is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th July 2015, 17:32   #2682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedragula View Post
After a long fight between the head and the heart, the heart succeeded.
Congratulations !!!.

I love this car in White. I see that the spoiler is one of the accessories, that you opted for. What is the final OTR and also kindly let us know if FIAT offered the 3 year free maintenance ( 3 Yr - 45,000 km, including labour+consumables) which is being promoted as part of July offers.

I wish you many many happy miles ahead.

Cheers,
pdma.
Old 19th July 2015, 23:59   #2683
BHPian

Quote:
After a long fight between the head and the heart, the heart succeeded. I booked a Linea T-Jet Emotion from Torrid Motors. After a torrid experience between the dealer and FIAT, I have finally got the car in my hand. All details will be updated in a an ownership log coming soon.

Although it has been 3 days since delivery, I have not been able to drive the car because the registration has not come. I have taken delivery of the car pending registration as I required physical delivery by a particular date for personal reasons.

In view of that, I got the dealer to pick up the car from Ranjangaon and deliver it to me after PDI and accessories fitment.

Below are some photos of the beauty (Also alongside my first love, the Palio 1.6 GTX)
Many congratulations thedragula on your new possession !

This t-jet in white sure looks stunning both front & back. No one can match the Italians at their design mastery. I am a fan of the t-jet & was almost close to make the buy this Jan but since i drive a Tata Manza Safire ( which is a fantastic car of course )that guzzles petrol like a thirsty wanderer, did not dare purchase another Fiat petrol engine for the same reason. Although i was completely bowled over by the machine after the TD given the solid sturdiness & the controlled aggression this car exhibited.

While i am so sad for Fiat & so glad you made the purchase as this is the first new Linea T-jet in flesh ever sighted in Mumbai( by me at least). I am yet to see even a Multi-Jet with the new design( Face). The last one i saw was in Goa in Feb.

Enjoy your ride with the Turbo. Since you are already a Fiat lover with your Palio you surely know how to take care of one.

Happy mile crunching & have a safe drive !

Expecting you initial usership report !
Old 20th July 2015, 10:04   #2684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Congrats thedragula on your latest acquisition and that car looks plain gorgeous in that shade

No hard feelings bro, but after knowing the harrowing experience you had during the purchase, I couldn't help but notice the irony in the name of the dealer you purchased your Jet from - Torrid Motors!!

Nevertheless, you have 2 of the hottest iterations from Fiat to date in India and I can only imagine the dollops of fun you are about to have. Wish you happy mile munching.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 20th July 2015 at 10:05.
Old 20th July 2015, 10:43   #2685
BHPian

Quote:
Fellas, need your advice.

So, what do i do..... take it to the service station or some nearby mechanic. To my untrained eye, i think (and hope) it is a matter of applying reverse pressure so that the bump straightens.

cheers,
Reverse pressure should sort it out,although I find it rather strange in the T-Jet. In my erstwhile Baleno, this would happen time and again, with waxing the roof and the sort, but the T-Jet has much stronger metal sheets. Any update?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks