Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2015, 06:05   #2761
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinodh_Gowda View Post
Agree with you completely. Dynamic variant just doesn't make sense with the sweet deals on offer for the top end variants and also considering the fact that Linea was never an expensive proposition. Sadly, the production of the TJet is limited and I had to be content with an August, 2015 make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arindam_Nayek View Post
I am to be blamed here. There are three reasons though :

1. As per my knowledge most of the vehicle manufacturers do stop production from Dec onwards.
2. Heard of one more price rise across all car manufacturers from Jan 2016 Onwards.
3. I can save a few bucks if I get a good deal on a 2015 Model. I am going to keep my car for a longer duration of time so I don't mind a 2015 Model only if its in prime condition.

I took delivery of a TJet Emotion yesterday. The dealer had stock but they were either white or Minimal Grey. I was particular about Magnesio Grey and he checked Fiat's stockyard. This was in mid November. The Fiat plant had a November manufactured Magnesio Grey which was manufactured only 13 days prior to my booking. So the rumors about TJet production stopped in July/August are not true. Based on demand they do produce in different colors and variants if required. I don't mind if its manufactured in 2015 since I got discounts worth 1 lakh including free insurance. I want to keep the car for a very long time so didn't bother much. Registered and took delivery yesterday and one happy Fiat owner now.
whencut86 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 09:25   #2762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
I took delivery of a TJet Emotion yesterday. The dealer had stock but they were either white or Minimal Grey. I was particular about Magnesio Grey and he checked Fiat's stockyard. This was in mid November. The Fiat plant had a November manufactured Magnesio Grey which was manufactured only 13 days prior to my booking. So the rumors about TJet production stopped in July/August are not true. Based on demand they do produce in different colors and variants if required. I don't mind if its manufactured in 2015 since I got discounts worth 1 lakh including free insurance. I want to keep the car for a very long time so didn't bother much. Registered and took delivery yesterday and one happy Fiat owner now.
Firstly congratulations on the purchase and also best of luck for the running-in period. I tell you this phase is the hardest as you are just tempted to floor the accelerator.

I initially wanted my drive in Sunbeam Gold colour but then was informed that the colour has now been stopped even though it still appears on the FIAT Linea India official page. I too went ahead with Magnesio Gray and got an August 2015 manufactured one. The production of the Linea is in limited numbers and also I had booked the car in October and wanted the delivery before November 6th, 2015 so took the car allotted. Enjoy the drive for years to come and as always buckle up before you start driving your possession every damn time. Stay Safe, Stay Smart
Vinodh_Gowda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 17:28   #2763
BHPian

The bad news is there is no stock of Linea T-Jet Emotion in Bangalore both in Magnesia Grey and White. Only available option is Minimal Grey which is not to my taste.

Options left :
1. Go with Dynamic and get a good discount and add some of the features (Alloy & Tyre) but miss out on Cruise Control (Which matters most to me at this point than the ambient light and alloys).
2. Book a Emotion in my favorite color and wait for Fiat to respond back.

Need suggestions guys.

Last edited by Arindam_Nayek : 22nd December 2015 at 17:29.
Old 22nd December 2015, 17:53   #2764
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The bad news is there is no stock of Linea T-Jet Emotion in Bangalore both in Magnesia Grey and White. Only available option is Minimal Grey which is not to my taste.

Options left :
1. Go with Dynamic and get a good discount and add some of the features (Alloy & Tyre) but miss out on Cruise Control (Which matters most to me at this point than the ambient light and alloys).
2. Book a Emotion in my favorite color and wait for Fiat to respond back.

Need suggestions guys.
My suggestion is option 2. Emotion variant has many goodies and you are also planning to keep it long term so it would make all the more sense to wait for the emotion variant.
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 20:21   #2765
BHPian

Quote:

Need suggestions guys.
Arindam,

How often do you hit the highways. Also with a T Jet at your command, how much would you be able to control yourself, so that you can preset the speed with cruise :-).

With the Dynamic there is zero compromise on safety features in comparison with the emotion variant, however you would miss the the below cosmetic features (sans the cruise control).

1) Leather seats.
2) Rear Windshield curtain.
3)16 inch turbine blade alloys (15 inchers are not bad, and are cheaper on your pocket as well when you change the tyres).
4) Dash board light.
5) Chrome strips on the grill, doors and the rear bumper.
6) Driver side sunglass holder.
7) Longer Antenna.

Out of the list, items 1, 2 & 7 one can find some good after market deals.
While the 16 inchers can offer better grip and comfort, they would be too expensive to swap and if you can afford you can go for them.
In the future if you have any plans of remap, cruise control can easily be enabled by some reputed groups offering remap of ecu.

Item 5 & 6 in my view are not much of value add, however item 4 does give you a feel good factor, but trust me you would not miss it much.

The dynamic too like the emotion comes with 4 speakers + 4 tweeters and thus no compromise on the audio front as well.

I would request you to take all these points into consideration and take a call as I am sure the discount on offer would be big and personally I think the saving can be invested else where which would give you more benefit, rather than plonking on a depreciating asset (read car).

Do check my ownership thread ( details in my signature) for full pics of my Linea dynamic in magnesium grey.

Cheers,
pdma.

PS : The only thing I too miss is the cruise control (which I felt is a worthy compromise for what I gained in terms of savings).

Last edited by pdma : 22nd December 2015 at 20:29.
Old 22nd December 2015, 22:53   #2766
BHPian

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Arindam,

How often do you hit the highways. Also with a T Jet at your command, how much would you be able to control yourself, so that you can preset the speed with cruise :-).

With the Dynamic there is zero compromise on safety features in comparison with the emotion variant

Do check my ownership thread ( details in my signature) for full pics of my Linea dynamic in magnesium grey.

Cheers,
pdma.

PS : The only thing I too miss is the cruise control (which I felt is a worthy compromise for what I gained in terms of savings).

Hi pdma,

These are the exact lines I was thinking off. It's in your ownership thread where I saw the Magnesia grey and did fell in love with the colour.

On your suggestion to remap the T-Jet I should be able to responsibly handle the stock first :-)

Thank you for detailing everything.

Last edited by Arindam_Nayek : 22nd December 2015 at 22:55.
Arindam_Nayek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2015, 10:48   #2767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinodh_Gowda View Post
Firstly congratulations on the purchase and also best of luck for the running-in period. I tell you this phase is the hardest as you are just tempted to floor the accelerator.

I initially wanted my drive in Sunbeam Gold colour but then was informed that the colour has now been stopped even though it still appears on the FIAT Linea India official page. I too went ahead with Magnesio Gray and got an August 2015 manufactured one. The production of the Linea is in limited numbers and also I had booked the car in October and wanted the delivery before November 6th, 2015 so took the car allotted. Enjoy the drive for years to come and as always buckle up before you start driving your possession every damn time. Stay Safe, Stay Smart
Thanks mate! I am keeping it below 2000 RPM with occasional bursts upto 3000RPM till about 1000 kms.
Old 23rd December 2015, 14:45   #2768
BHPian

I got the first service of my car done a couple of days back at Kahyap Fiat, Okhla.

Service was ok - no complaints but no wow moment either. Some stuff that I had pointed out to them to take care of was not attended to. Only, when I pointed to them again did they take care of. This included the rear AC vent which was a little misaligned. Anyways, they finally did it.

One problem they have not been able to rectify is that wheezing/whistling sound that is coming once you start the car. The sound is irritating. Their service advisors did not have much of clue on this. They tried some greasing here and there but the sound persists.

So, gotta take the car back to them sometime this or next week again.

But guys, any idea what the reason of the sound be? Has anybody faced this before?

Need another piece of info - how does the rear de-fogger work. Delhi is very cold now and the rear - windshield gets cloudy in this weather.

so, please let me know how the rear defogger works?

Thnx.
locopoco777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2015, 15:53   #2769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopoco777 View Post

Need another piece of info - how does the rear de-fogger work. Delhi is very cold now and the rear - windshield gets cloudy in this weather.

so, please let me know how the rear defogger works?

Thnx.
The rear defogger is operated through the button on the dash near the hazard lights. It sends a small current which heats the thin strips which run across the entire rear glass. In that process, it clears up any moisture which may have clouded the glass from the inside.

The front windscreen is always defogged by air diverted through the inside edges of the dashboard. This is operated by the button to the left of the aircon button (and above the re-circulation toggle).

Hope this helps.

Last edited by thedragula : 23rd December 2015 at 15:55.
Old 24th December 2015, 12:19   #2770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopoco777 View Post
Well, It's been about a little over 6 months & 4400 odd km on the odo.

The way the Jet shoots ahead make sometimes the other traffic in slow mo.
Maybe my car is a late bloomer. I now have ~ 18.5k on the ODO in about 28 months. The engine has really opened up now. The last 2-3 highway trips I've done have been immensely pleasurable because the engine has become so responsive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I love my T Jet. I dread the day when I will have to upgrade.
Me too. I only hope by then Fiat will have introduced the Linea's successor. If they ever get their act together :(
TheTeacher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 18:36   #2771
Senior - BHPian

New Tjet joined in the family today.

Nov 15, make top end with a discount of 75k.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img_20151224_145634.jpg  

tharian is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 18:58   #2772
Senior - BHPian

congrats! That's a nice discount. What is the month/year of manufacture? When i got my Tjet [April 2014] they had zero discounts :( and ended up buying the active edition.
Old 25th December 2015, 08:55   #2773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
congrats! That's a nice discount. What is the month/year of manufacture? When i got my Tjet [April 2014] they had zero discounts :( and ended up buying the active edition.
It's a November 2015 make.
There is a lakh discount on the Dynamic version as well.
All this probably only till month end since they mentioned prices will increase in January.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 19:31   #2774
BHPian

Heartliest Congratulations for buying this Beauty and getting that Awesome Color.

I am From Mumbai and nothing is available except Silver (minimal Grey). I almost booked one in Tuscon Whine but Dealer informed even that is sold.

Have Fun Driving the Beauty and the Beast !

Quote:
I got the first service of my car done a couple of days back at Kahyap Fiat, Okhla.
Requesting you once Again to Post Some more snaps of your Car as I am Curious about Tuscon Whine Color

Last edited by fight_club : 26th December 2015 at 19:44.
Old 27th December 2015, 02:31   #2775
Senior - BHPian

That smashing colour is Minimal Grey and looks far better on the Linea than Tuscon Wine but then to each his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight_club View Post
Heartliest Congratulations for buying this Beauty and getting that Awesome Color.

I am From Mumbai and nothing is available except Silver (minimal Grey). I almost booked one in Tuscon Whine but Dealer informed even that is sold.

Have Fun Driving the Beauty and the Beast !

Requesting you once Again to Post Some more snaps of your Car as I am Curious about Tuscon Whine Color

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks