Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2015, 09:10   #2776
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
That smashing colour is Minimal Grey and looks far better on the Linea than Tuscon Wine but then to each his own
Before you Suspect me of being "Color Blind" Let me Say Since no Dealership Exist in Mumbai I have been Depending on This Thread By and large to Choose a Color for Linea as Frequenting Pune is not that convenient for me.

I actually took it for Magnesium Grey.

"To Each his Own" That statement is Full of Irony my friend as I am not getting color of my choice and have not seen personally any other shade then White and Black one (my Favorite) The Reason for Going after Tuscon whine had to do with Availability and not to choice

Again Requesting more Pic for Minimal Grey
Old 27th December 2015, 11:11   #2777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
New Tjet joined in the family today.

Nov 15, make top end with a discount of 75k.
Congrats! I took delivery of one a week back. Got 1 lakh worth discount on Emotion variant of TJET. Pleased that I bought a Fiat Linea :-)
whencut86 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2015, 11:15   #2778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight_club View Post
Heartliest Congratulations for buying this Beauty and getting that Awesome Color.

I am From Mumbai and nothing is available except Silver (minimal Grey). I almost booked one in Tuscon Whine but Dealer informed even that is sold.

Have Fun Driving the Beauty and the Beast !

Requesting you once Again to Post Some more snaps of your Car as I am Curious about Tuscon Whine Color
Ask the dealer to check Fiat's stockyard. They have produced few Magnesio Grey's in November. I took delivery of one last week. Dealer asked about White and Minimal Grey and was even willing to offer slightly better discount on these 2 colors. I insisted on Magnesio Grey and he checked the Ranjangaon plant's stockyard. They had a Magnesio Grey Emotion variant manufactured in November. I booked it immediately and the dealer blocked the car for me.
Old 27th December 2015, 16:42   #2779
BHPian

I have asked Dealer and also got in Touch with Fiat officials directly any update will be available tomorrow only.

I don't anyway feel that Fiat will dare to Increase price of this Model
Old 28th December 2015, 02:54   #2780
Senior - BHPian

'Colour blind' it just might be Magnesio only.

I am surprised that Bombay has no Fiat dealers at all. BTW have you checked with Balaji Motors at Thane. They should be able to help you out.

The other way would be to take a look if a Linea in this colour visits their service centre. Talk to Wilson, his cell no is 9819864847. He is the Asst Service Manager and a very cooperative person. I am sure he would help out by snapping the minimal grey example as and when he gets one at the centre. You can give him my reference (T Jet+in Bronzo Scuro colour). He wouldn't remember my name but will definitely recall their only customer from Dilli OR better yet give him fellow Bhpian Parimal's reference. Pari has a Red Punto Sport and is very well known to the Balaji people especially Wilson.

Yet another way out would be to visit the website of TFI which is a Fiat specific group and take a look at the many snaps posted there.

BTW if it help in any which way, I too bought my Tjet+ completely blind. Saw the colour for the first time only after landing in Bombay and have no regrets. Sometimes these things just turn out right

Quote:
Before you Suspect me of being "Color Blind" Let me Say Since no Dealership Exist in Mumbai I have been Depending on This Thread By and large to Choose a Color for Linea as Frequenting Pune is not that convenient for me.

I actually took it for Magnesium Grey.

"To Each his Own" That statement is Full of Irony my friend as I am not getting color of my choice and have not seen personally any other shade then White and Black one (my Favorite) The Reason for Going after Tuscon whine had to do with Availability and not to choice

khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 10:31   #2781
BHPian

How closely I am following this thread, it amuses me. I had owned a Palio during my college days. God I loved that thing.
Now that I was in market for a new car, the Linea Tjet was one of the two options, the other one being the Ford Fiesta.

Fiesta>
1. Sharper steering, even though its not a hydraulic unit.
2. Lighter clutch.
3. Bucket seats. I just love how these seats grab you.
4. It's a diesel with no lag, can be remapped if need be.

Linea>
1. Power. Some lag is there but due to good displacement of the engine, it's not much. It's a beast, if you remap it, you get a monster.
2. A little cheaper.
3. Wider, better tyres at 205mm vs 195mm, 16" alloys.
4. Cheaper.
5. Smoother ride. Ford's is a bit harsher, suspension being tuned for that little more sportiness.

How it worked out >
1. I can't get bucket seats installed in the Linea. Don't like the aftermarket ones.
2. Have a week left knee, office ride being 14 km from home on the ORR stretch of Bangalore, I would cry blood if clutch is harder with a long travel. Fiesta's is not only lighter but travel is shorter too. Looking at rising traffic of today, even a Polo TSi would make sense being an auto. Only if the steering had been better.
3. Mind said go for diesel.

Resale value, A.S.S. is poor for both. Fuel economy doesn't matter much for me. It's the feel I get when I see my beast and I know that I can drive it whenever I wish that I really love.
I am just back from a 1150km trip, Blr - Dandeli - Blr. I drove for 1000km at least. Enjoyed every bit of it. Yes, outright power is missed and I will get it remapped. At 6500km now, it returned 19.x kmpl. Did some illegal speeds too. The steering's feel, the sporty suspension, the way Fiesta drives is something else.
Fiat is my first love, no doubt. I would drool at every car they produce, it's my Madhuri. but Ford makes you feel at home during sharp turns and man you don't need to take your foot off the accelerator. I have fallen in love for sure, feels just right, it's my Anushka I guess.
Old 28th December 2015, 23:55   #2782
BHPian

Quote:
How closely I am following this thread, it amuses me. I had owned a Palio during my college days. God I loved that thing.
Now that I was in market for a new car, the Linea Tjet was one of the two options, the other one being the Ford Fiesta.

Fiesta>
1. Sharper steering, even though its not a hydraulic unit.
2. Lighter clutch.
3. Bucket seats. I just love how these seats grab you.
4. It's a diesel with no lag, can be remapped if need be.

Linea>
1. Power. Some lag is there but due to good displacement of the engine, it's not much. It's a beast, if you remap it, you get a monster.
2. A little cheaper.
3. Wider, better tyres at 205mm vs 195mm, 16" alloys.
4. Cheaper.
5. Smoother ride. Ford's is a bit harsher, suspension being tuned for that little more sportiness.

How it worked out >
1. I can't get bucket seats installed in the Linea. Don't like the aftermarket ones.
2. Have a week left knee, office ride being 14 km from home on the ORR stretch of Bangalore, I would cry blood if clutch is harder with a long travel. Fiesta's is not only lighter but travel is shorter too. Looking at rising traffic of today, even a Polo TSi would make sense being an auto. Only if the steering had been better.
3. Mind said go for diesel.

Resale value, A.S.S. is poor for both. Fuel economy doesn't matter much for me. It's the feel I get when I see my beast and I know that I can drive it whenever I wish that I really love.
I am just back from a 1150km trip, Blr - Dandeli - Blr. I drove for 1000km at least. Enjoyed every bit of it. Yes, outright power is missed and I will get it remapped. At 6500km now, it returned 19.x kmpl. Did some illegal speeds too. The steering's feel, the sporty suspension, the way Fiesta drives is something else.
Fiat is my first love, no doubt. I would drool at every car they produce, it's my Madhuri. but Ford makes you feel at home during sharp turns and man you don't need to take your foot off the accelerator. I have fallen in love for sure, feels just right, it's my Anushka I guess.
Oh Fiesta ! Where are you ?

Do I feel sad about the Fate of this Fantastic Vehicle. I mean the best handling Car under 15 lakh with best steering under 20 lakh and what a sorry end it has met with.

Two Months ago When I finally Set out to Buy a New Car I had only Fiesta in my mind and nothing else. I was horrified to Find that Ford has Stopped production of it. I was almost Heartbroken, Wrote to Ford Begging them not to Discontinue this Legend of a Car I even Contemplated Importing one

I Searched for one with Multiple Dealers Their was one Test Mule in White color that was it. White is not the Color I buy and with heavy heart I let it go.

Linea T-Jet managed to Bought Cheer to my sagging heart, Oh Boy Did it liven it up for me It was Love at first "bite" for me. Had a very brief Drive of 10 min in Pune choke and Bloke Traffic in Shivaji Nagar but Boy! When That Turbo Kicks in, it makes heart go faster than the Car.

Fiesta Surely had better steering and Handling but once you are done with T-jet you may not even remember that hell you may not even remember the outstanding EMI, The Grudge with your Boss, Girls who Dumped you nothing sir

Its as close to Nirvana you can at this price Boy How Hard I Tried to Take that Damn Grin of my Face but just couldn't

Ford Broke my Heart Thanks to Fiat its not just beating it's still racing and yearning for more

Quote:
I am surprised that Bombay has no Fiat dealers at all. BTW have you checked with Balaji Motors at Thane. They should be able to help you out.

The other way would be to take a look if a Linea in this colour visits their service centre. Talk to Wilson, his cell no is 9819864847. He is the Asst Service Manager and a very cooperative person. I am sure he would help out by snapping the minimal grey example as and when he gets one at the centre. You can give him my reference (T Jet+in Bronzo Scuro colour). He wouldn't remember my name but will definitely recall their only customer from Dilli OR better yet give him fellow Bhpian Parimal's reference. Pari has a Red Punto Sport and is very well known to the Balaji people especially Wilson.

Yet another way out would be to visit the website of TFI which is a Fiat specific group and take a look at the many snaps posted there.

BTW if it help in any which way, I too bought my Tjet+ completely blind. Saw the colour for the first time only after landing in Bombay and have no regrets. Sometimes these things just turn out right
Thanks a lot Khoj, I will be doing that tomorrow I needed Muffler unit for Palio GTX 1.6 hence I will inquiry about that as well

Last edited by fight_club : 28th December 2015 at 23:57.
fight_club is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 09:10   #2783
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Fiesta>
Linea>
One of other points that the Linea scores big over the Fiesta is the rear seat space & comfort. Fiesta really falls short here.

Quote:
Do I feel sad about the Fate of this Fantastic Vehicle. I mean the best handling Car under 15 lakh with best steering under 20 lakh and what a sorry end it has met with.
What I fear is that Ford may discontinue such cars. Look at the Aspire - it has a neutral handling. Not the driver's car that the Fiesta & it's earlier siblings were.
Old 29th December 2015, 09:37   #2784
BHPian

I don't think any amount of test drives will give you a true feel of a car unless you use it like you normally do over a few of days. Luckily I got a chance to drive my cousins Laura TDi DSG and Accord AT extensively on my short trip to Mumbai, so am able to compare it to my T-jet.

To me, the low speed throttle response/driveability of the Jet is much nicer than the other two. Both have a slight lag between throttle input and response when you feather the throttle, and I found it annoying in Mumbai's bumper to bumper traffic which is so much better organised than the chaos in Bangalore. The Accord was a little floaty, and the Laura's suspension felt very stiff even on the newly re-layed marine drive. On a side note, the new Continental CC5's on the Accord felt fantastic, with lots of grip, great feedback and were very quiet. It also struck me that getting in and out of the Linea is a lot easier because of the higher set seat, but yes, it was a lot easier to find a comfortable driving position in the other two cars.

On getting back to Bangalore, I had to make two early morning runs to the airport which gave me a chance to verify my earlier findings and I decided to take the Budigere cross via Old Madras road. For most part, the road has a great surface, some nice sweeping curves, and some high set culvert crossings that can unsettle a car along with the usual unmarked speed breakers. My time in Mumbai made me appreciate the Linea even more, and I began to notice things that I had probably taken for granted. The first thing I realised is how settled the car feels at speed even over the undulating surface of the KR Puram bridge or over high culverts. The car feels totally in control and even my passengers were impressed by how stable it felt. It also struck me how quiet the car was even compared to the accord except for the wind noise from the wing mirrors. Even when accelerating all you could hear was a muted engine note, and since I rarely had to go past 3000 RPM to get sufficient shove to pass slower moving traffic it became a very relaxing drive. The Linea masks its speed very well, and because it has this great balance between power, ride, handling, and comfort you have focus less on your driving and actually enjoy the drive better. Because it has so much torque, you never have to really floor the throttle to get it to respond, and I found myself just shifting down to 4th and feathering the throttle even when overtaking.

After Bombay, even more certain I made the right choice.
keroo1099 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 09:52   #2785
BHPian

Quote:
I mean the best handling Car under 15 lakh with best steering under 20 lakh and what a sorry end it has met with.
It surely is the best handling car with best steering this side of a 3 series. After covering 6500KMs, I can feel the difference in engine note that has got smoother, and how gearshift feels, and even the low end torque has improved to better the in city driving. Still, it can't match the Tjet in acceleration and this is why I have plans to get it remapped. From 90hp, 205Nm to 115hp, 240Nm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
One of other points that the Linea scores big over the Fiesta is the rear seat space & comfort. Fiesta really falls short here.
On the contrary, the seating angle, the firmer cushioning and better under thigh support makes Fiesta's back seat more comfortable. Space is not an issue, but legroom is less specially as I am 6'2" and I keep my seat at the lowest height, fully back position. As the rear seats are not used really, I never cared for rear seat space. Even the poly covers on the rear seats are not removed.

Quote:
What I fear is that Ford may discontinue such cars. Look at the Aspire - it has a neutral handling. Not the driver's car that the Fiesta & it's earlier siblings were.
We share this fear buddy. Cars like Ikon, old Fiesta, Mondeo, New Fiesta, Fusion defined Ford in India. First they put a "light" steering in the Ecosport and then the Figo-Aspire twins with "neutral" handling, what Ford is cooking, I don't know.
Old 29th December 2015, 11:32   #2786
BHPian

Quote:

For your benefit and the others who may be having a tough time deciding on colour. Here are pictures of the Linea facelift in all its available colours.

I compiled these from various threads when I was deciding on the colours. Please note that the copyrights to the pictures belong to the respective owners and the pictures are reproduced purely for the benefit of the community.

The minimal grey is nothing but silver. The new linea is hardly seen in this colour and I have only seen one of it. It looks very good and suits the car well. It won't turn heads though. For that you will have to settle for Black, White or Magnesio grey.

Hope this helps

------------------------------------------------------------------

New Pearl White

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-20140304_165343.jpg
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-20140304_165454.jpg
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-post-3m-paint-sealant-treatment-1.jpg

Magnesio Grey

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-2014fiatlineafacelift12.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-new2014fiatlineafaceliftexterior15.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-new2014fiatlineafaceliftexterior20600x399.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-new2014fiatlineafaceliftexterior6600x399.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-new2014fiatlineafaceliftexterior8.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-new2014fiatlineafaceliftexterior25.jpg

Minimal Grey

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-fiatlineafaceliftintroduced2.jpg

Tuscan Wine

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-imag0147_reduced.jpg
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img_1126.jpg

Hip-Hop Black

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img_3300.jpg
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img_20140529_073430.jpg
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-5_image_for_silan_5378422_580x435.jpg

Sunbeam Gold

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-39.jpg
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-43.jpg
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-44.jpg
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-17.jpg
thedragula is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th December 2015, 11:49   #2787
BHPian

Quote:
Fiesta Surely had better steering and Handling but once you are done with T-jet you may not even remember that hell you may not even remember the outstanding EMI, The Grudge with your Boss, Girls who Dumped you nothing sir

Its as close to Nirvana you can at this price Boy How Hard I Tried to Take that Damn Grin of my Face but just couldn't
Take a bow. I just loved going through your post again n again and AGAIN. Especially the above quoted lines. I can relate to all the three.

Not to forget when most people on the highway take me for granted seeing me driving around sedately and once you floor the throttle and pull forward the expression on their face and the wild grin on mine
Old 29th December 2015, 11:57   #2788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedragula View Post
For your benefit and the others who may be having a tough time deciding on colour. Here are pictures of the Linea facelift in all its available colours.

I compiled these from various threads when I was deciding on the colours. Please note that the copyrights to the pictures belong to the respective owners and the pictures are reproduced purely for the benefit of the community.

The minimal grey is nothing but silver. The new linea is hardly seen in this colour and I have only seen one of it. It looks very good and suits the car well. It won't turn heads though. For that you will have to settle for Black, White or Magnesio grey.

Hope this helps

------------------------------------------------------------------

New Pearl White
Magnesio Grey
Minimal Grey
Tuscan Wine
Hip-Hop Black
Sunbeam Gold
Of all the quoted colours, Sunbeam Gold is my fav. However, during my pruchase a month ago I was conveyed that the colour has now been discontinued. Tried arguing with the dealer that the colour is still listed on the official page but then had to get my Jet before my wedding hence settle for the next best, Magnesio Grey. But gotta agree, Linea carries any colour with grace.
Old 29th December 2015, 13:11   #2789
BHPian

If only minimal grey is available then you can add racing stripes and a matt black roof and it sure would look good on minimal grey shade of the Linea. This minimal grey is very similar to the silver Vento.
Old 29th December 2015, 18:00   #2790
BHPian

My Tjet's A/C temp. Indicator has started blinking of late. Any idea what that signifies? No error reported on MID. 13500KM run.

Most Viewed