Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2016, 16:27   #2836
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Hey guys, I am being offered a 2010 made, 2012 regiatered Tjet for 4.8L. Car has been maintained well and has run about 40k. What should be a decent price for this?
TIA!
I feel the price is decent if the car has been maintained well and is in pristine condition. Somewhere between 4 and 4.5 L should be the sweet spot and if the guy is leaving the country you might get lesser than that. Best of luck.
xaero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 21:17   #2837
BHPian

Folks, Excited to share with you all that I will be taking Delivery tomorrow.

I was Informed by Sky Moto about arrival of my Linea T-jet in there Yard a day before and without wasting any time I fixed the PDI yesterday.

As I entered the Service Center in Akrudi I Scanned through all the vehicles
which were outside and Voila There she Stand My Hip Hop Black Beauty

I summoned the Service manager Who Confirmed that Car was Offloaded a day before and PDI is still pending from Dealership.

I did a brief Check:

1. Confirmed the VIN no.
2. Checked thoroughly for any Dent etc. none found
3. Cranked the Engine, and Electrical's
4. Checked the Battery
5. Checked Brake Pads for any Rust

I decided that I will do rather a Detailed one before delivery since I would be doing Registration (RTO)in Mumbai.

As promised earlier that I will be Posting a Detailed Post about My new Purchase hence keep it short and will part with few Snaps taken from my Mobile.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0322.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0323.jpg
fight_club is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 19:56   #2838
BHPian

My jet, which has completed 2 years and 38000 kms!!

Each time I crank, still have the same excitement when I drove her first time out of the showroom.

This car is very special!!
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-jet-2.jpg  

shijinpr is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 09:50   #2839
BHPian

Tryst with AADYA Fiat Bangalore continues. Following up with Mr Mangesh to recover my initial booking amount. For members of Team Bhp community and to all others who follow the forum my case is a typical example where a detailed PDI for any vehicle is so important before delivery.
All the vehicles in the market today is designed and crafted by professionals to ensure that the buyer/consumer have a experience of a lifetime but small things and wrongdoings of dealers/service professionals for money have ruined the experience of many like me. Not sure if I would be ever able to own a Fiat after the horrific experience with the Fiat dealer.

Story:
I had booked a fiat Linea t-jet and was promised a Aug 2015 make vehicle but during PDI I found its a April 2015 make vehicle. I wrote a cancellation letter and was informed that I will be charged INR10,000 for cancellation and the rest of the money INR 190,000 will be returned. This is when with the help of Team Bhp members I escalated to Mr Mangesh Kodalkar.

I gave the dealer 2 options:
1. Give me a vehicle Aug or later make and I will be happy.
2. Refund Full amount without deduction.

Present Day Status:
Got the first reply from the dealer which makes no sense. Dealer is ready to pay INR 1,90,000 but am I wrong in expecting the full refund ? Need Advise from the distinguished members.

"---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 3:54 PM
Subject: RE: Arindam Receipt
To: arindamxxxx@gmail.com
Cc: crmsalesxxx@aadya.co.in, mangeshxxx@fcagroup.com

Dear sir,
As we informed before, during the booking we committed to give you August month manufactured vehicle as August month vehicle was available in plant stock. But while Billing the vehicle to the dealer, they billed us April month manufactured vehicle and about this we came to know only during PDI inspection. Hence you are willing to cancel the Booking for the same reason, whatever cancellation charges are there it is applicable for you also(as mentioned in price list). Please find the attached pricelist for your reference.

CHANDRASHAKER
CUSTOMER ADVISOR
AADYA FIAT ( EBONY AUTOMOBILES PVT LTD )
#NO-9,BEL AIR DRIVE, MEKRI CIRCLE,
BELLARY ROAD,
BENGALURU-560032
corporatefiatxxxx@aadyamail.com

Sent: 11 January 2016 12:20
To: corporatefiat
Subject: Re: FW: Arindam Receipt
Hi Chandra,
Please find the Account Details for Refund. Please ensure that there is no deduction to the amount if INR 2,00,000 paid towards the booking as the main reason of cancellation is because you were not able to provide me an Aug make vehicle as promised.
Bank :SBI
Name: Arindam Nayek
Acc No:0000001052XXXXX
IFSC: SBIN000XXXXX
Regards
Arindam

Dear Aadya Fiat Team,
I had booked a LINEA T-Jet 2015 model only with the confirmation from your sales person (Mr. Chandra) that an August Month make vehicle will be allotted to me but while doing a PDI found that it's a April 2015 make vehicle.
After connecting with Mr Mangesh I had given a suggestion that I would be fine with even a White color vehicle but looks like you don't have a stock of that either.
Today I got a call from your account s team that there will be a deduction of INR 10K. I am not able to understand why I am penalized for a false commitment from your sales team. Forget about the harassment I am really surprised knowing the reality of your operations.
Being an automobile enthusiast I used to recommend Fiat to all my friends and known and this is what I get.
Request you to look into the issue and Refund me the full amount.
Regards
Arindam
"

Last edited by Arindam_Nayek : 10th February 2016 at 09:54.
Arindam_Nayek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 10:08   #2840
Senior - BHPian

@Arindam: When i booked my fiat tjet in early 2015 i was told that i would be given a june 2015 vehicle fresh off the factory. But i got an April 2015 car. Since the gap was only a couple of months, i took it after PDI.

but it did leave a bad taste in my mouth.

in your case the gap between what is available and what was committed is rather large, so i understand your concern.

this being a mistake from the dealer side i feel it is only fair that you get the full refund. but seldom does fairness work out here.

good luck.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 21:55   #2841
Senior - BHPian

The dealer has no legal standing to deduct any money from the booking amount, if anything they should be paying you interest for the period that they'used' your money.

Send them two debit notes one for the balance amount and another for the interest due @18% minimum.
Old 11th February 2016, 08:36   #2842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arindam_Nayek View Post
Tryst with AADYA Fiat Bangalore continues
@Arindam_Nayek: FIAT sales team at Aadya are nothing but a big bunch of aaarrrggghh...Leave...Abuse words are banned in the forum and sometimes it becomes difficult to control.

I too had enough of them. Even though I had complained about the rear AC vent falling off the very next day after delivery and even after they accepted it as a PDI issue, they informed me that they cannot replace it as it was my fault...

I had taken up your case with them asking what were you treated in the way you have complained above and they had the audacity to blame you by telling that it was you asked for around 40k more discount on April model and since they couldn't agree, you proceeded with the cancellation and hence the deduction. The manager there, Mr. Deepak has never heard about something called SENSE for sure. Even after my case was escalated to him, he blames the sales personnel who handled my Linea delivery. I told him that he first needs to udnerstand what sort of people walk into a FIAT showroom first. They aren't h Maruti or Hyundai sort of customers. He brags about being associated with FIAT for 3 years but then frankly it does reflects in the way he handles customers. FIAT as an enthusiasts brand is loosing it's sheen, not coz of it's products but because of the sales experience.

Before I joined this forum, I was always of the feeling that forum members here are biased when it comes to FIAT by blowing up simple sales related issues but now I must agree they aren't simple issues. So much so that for my next car purchase I will consider a different brand for sure. I now religiously put a disclaimer whenever someone asks me if they have to consider a FIAT but letting them know this: "The cars from FIAT are wonderful but the only hurdle is getting them rather begging for them with FIAT dealers".

NOTE: My buying experience has already led to the cancellation of three FIATs in the immediate friend circle, All the three were Puntos.

Last edited by Vinodh_Gowda : 11th February 2016 at 08:39.
Old 11th February 2016, 08:45   #2843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinodh_Gowda View Post

I had taken up your case with them asking what were you treated in the way you have complained above and they had the audacity to blame you by telling that it was you asked for around 40k more discount on April model and since they couldn't agree, you proceeded with the cancellation and hence the deduction. The manager there, Mr. Deepak has never heard about something called SENSE for sure. Even after my case was escalated to him, he blames the sales personnel who handled my Linea delivery.

"The cars from FIAT are wonderful but the only hurdle is getting them rather begging for them with FIAT dealers".
40K more discount That was interesting. Anyways they wanted to give some more discount but I was firm that I wont take such a old manufactured vehicle. Trying to have a word with "Mr. Kevin Flynn" lets see if it succeeds.
Old 11th February 2016, 09:15   #2844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arindam_Nayek View Post
40K more discount That was interesting. Anyways they wanted to give some more discount but I was firm that I wont take such a old manufactured vehicle. Trying to have a word with "Mr. Kevin Flynn" lets see if it succeeds.
He did mention that. let me know if you plan to visit him this weekend, will join. I know that he will definitely come up with a not-so-innovative reason again. In general, they are one big liars and KHT too isn't different.
Old 12th February 2016, 11:10   #2845
BHPian

Sorry to hear about your ordeal. Ebony motors are a useless bunch. They operate on their own terms. Their latest nonsense - they have stopped to honour the 6 months/10k Kms spare parts warranty provided by Fiat. Not sure if Fiat is in sync with this. Keep escalating to Fiat India and you should get your money back, in some time. Stick with Vecto, if you still have the interest and bravado of owning a fiat.
Old 12th February 2016, 16:34   #2846
BHPian

well well well !! reading the obove Posts I guess FIAT India Should change it's tag line to

"If you want to Destroy your Brand, We are still Ahead"

Fiat Should either Stop selling Cars in India to Pull up its Sock sooner than later. The Dealership Issues must be taken care of
Old 13th February 2016, 19:57   #2847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shijinpr View Post
My jet, which has completed 2 years and 38000 kms!!

Each time I crank, still have the same excitement when I drove her first time out of the showroom.

This car is very special!!
Its time to change the tires.

Mine is dynamic variant, 15 inch

Have shortlisted the following:

Michelin XM2
Yokohama S drive
MRF ZLO

Kindly help in selection.
Old 19th February 2016, 12:40   #2848
BHPian

Enjoying my T-Jet

Completed : 6000 Kms
Best and Worst Mil. City : 12 and 8.5
Best and Worst Mil. Highway : 18 and 14

Mods done

Top : Matte Black......Sticker
Original Alloy Wheels : MRF Black Paint finish.
Number Plate Back side : Matte Black Sticker
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-image1.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-image2.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-image3.jpg  

ManMachine is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st February 2016, 08:24   #2849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shijinpr View Post
Its time to change the tires.

Mine is dynamic variant, 15 inch

Have shortlisted the following:

Michelin XM2
Yokohama S drive
MRF ZLO

Kindly help in selection.
Installed MRF ZLO, from Madhus yesterday.

Planning for a Kerala trip next week, shall post the observations after that
Old 21st February 2016, 21:22   #2850
BHPian

Hi friends. Wanted to check with the knowledgable souls here - whether clutch plates are covered under Fiat warranty? I got a shocker while stuck on the Mumbai-Pune expressway this Saturday. There was a gradual burning smell in the cabin and while crawling on the Khandala ghat a fellow driver informed about smoke emanating from underneath the bonnet. I immediately parked the Tjet on the side and called for roadside assistance which towed the vehicle to Panvel to an apparently new fiat workshop called Car Menders. Never heard of them so some feedback from fellow BHPians would be greatly appreciated. The gentleman Mr. Davinder Singh told me its an issue of clutch plate burning and would cost nearly 10K and is not covered as a part of the standard warranty. I said I have just done 5700 kms and the Tjet is yet to even complete one year. How could the clutch plates go off so soon, especially given my experience of driving zen and swift earlier, both of which had done over 25000 kms without any issues with the clutch plates. The counter argument given my Davinder was that he could burn an absolutely new clutch plate in 10 minutes. And that it all depended on the way one drives. I was not convinced at all given that I am not as a bad a driver as I was being made out by him. Folks, need your urgent views and suggestions - first on whether its actually possible to have the clutch plates burnt with less than 6000 km of city running on a Tjet (some pics sent by Davinder are attached
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-a151fa03b8a54ff29dbfdce5d1695887.jpeg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-730aeaafe1134f8aa431d4125e0a60c8.jpeg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-4e4352ef734943a5a4fb22d225b07a9d.jpeg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-87f9bd81256d469aab125642deb45277.jpeg)

And second, even if this were true, are clutch plates not covered under the first year Fiat warranty. I am not willing to shell out 10,000 in the first year of the Tjet itself. Another small point, is wheel balancing and alignment charged for during the second service. I thought it was complimentary under the 2 free services. Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed