Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2016, 09:17   #2866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilsdrive View Post
Is it advisable to take it to a private wheel alignment centre to get it corrected. Will it have any problem with warranty.
Take it to any good private wheel alignment centre. If after that the issue is fixed, enjoy. If not, take it to the Fiat A.S.S.
It won't affect warranty at all.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 12:07   #2867
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirans View Post
Recommendations are very much appreciated, and a good recent experience will certainly boost my confidence in a dealer.

Kind Regards,
Kiran
Yes, Aadya looks to be the best among the lot in Bengaluru. Heard from a cousin who own a Punto.

In my case at least the Aaadya did some follow ups for test drive, the others did not even bother. Finally, ended up getting a Honda City.
Old 8th March 2016, 13:46   #2868
BHPian

Thanks for the information Rangan. Curious why you decided to go for Honda City? Was it purely due to the issues with dealership or any thing else. In the years I've had my Palio, i've faced many issues with running around for servicing, or lack or spares etc, but the vehicle itself is so rugged and solid, and the servicing costs have been quite normal, that I find it difficult to choose any other manufacturer. Of course, its also that all the cars in the family have always been Fiats
Old 14th March 2016, 12:28   #2869
BHPian

The good and the bad.

So, I get a call about a month back from Fiat Service. They tell me that "the part" has arrived and you can visit us asap and get it installed.

Whoa ! What part i am thinking.

The car had been back from the first service. There was no issue (apart from the wheezing sound) - mechanically, they had told me the car was in perfect condition. Heck, I had gone on a small highway trip after that.

Anyways, I could not understand much from the caller and thought it prudent to go to the service station.

Apparently, the oil sink (what is it? i hope i have got it right !) was leaking - which they had detected last time. Had ordered the part and and informed when it had come.

It was replaced under warranty and well, things are fine.

I consider that it was good on the fiat service to get it rectified.

Now, the bad actually, not so bad but annoying and irritating.

I was not using the Jet for a week or so. So, yesterday, when I tried, the central locking refused to work. There was just no signal. I manually opened the car and tried to start the engine.

No luck.

Dead as a duck or whatever.

Heck, the car is just 10 months old - battery could not be down.

The coolant level was also low.

I called the service station. Sunday closed so asked me contact today.

Today, when i called them and explained the situation, they suggested that i should call the Road side assistance.

Well, the road side assistance guys were prompt. Reached in 45 minutes odd and started the car.

The battery was dead.

I am wondering how can the battery be dead in 10 months.

Is battery covered under warranty?

I am thinking of taking the car to Kashyap Fiat tomorrow.

And believe me guys, my family especially mom gave me hell when she realised the car was not starting.

Such a stiff opposition i had to endure for the love of the Jet, but a dead battery in 10 months, dunno what to say.

Phew.

Mod Note: Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Also please go through our board rules.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 3rd December 2016 at 14:16.
Old 20th March 2016, 09:41   #2870
BHPian

Have you installed any additional electrical accessory - no matter how small / insignificant it is ? I had the same problem of battery going down over the weekend (multiple times), and each time got an earful from my wife. Why did we buy a Fiat, which nobody else buys ?

Turned out: The culprit was the Touch-screen Head-unit that I installed. It was just plug-and-play (same connectors directly fit into the new Head-unit), I didn't suspect it. Fiat diagnosed it and told me the Multimedia system is drawing power even when car is locked & key is taken out. I didn't believe at first, but after disconnecting the head-unit, there was no problem with the car/battery over multiple weekends when the car was just parked.
Old 20th March 2016, 15:03   #2871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvlkiran View Post
Have you installed any additional electrical accessory - no matter how small / insignificant it is ? I had the same problem of battery going down over the weekend (multiple times), and each time got an earful from my wife. Why did we buy a Fiat, which nobody else buys ?

Turned out: The culprit was the Touch-screen Head-unit that I installed. It was just plug-and-play (same connectors directly fit into the new Head-unit), I didn't suspect it. Fiat diagnosed it and told me the Multimedia system is drawing power even when car is locked & key is taken out. I didn't believe at first, but after disconnecting the head-unit, there was no problem with the car/battery over multiple weekends when the car was just parked.

Was this Virtue India AVN unit from China?
Old 20th March 2016, 17:36   #2872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssateesh View Post
Was this Virtue India AVN unit from China?
Yes, it was. I sent it back to Santosh, the vendor from Dharwad. He did some repair and sent it back to me. I haven't had time to connect it yet and test if it still drains the battery.
Old 20th March 2016, 21:42   #2873
BHPian

I have a query on the parts availability for the TJet in particular.

I am looking for a replacement for the Linea MJD and getting offered 2016 TJET Dynamic for ~10 lakhs and Emotion for 10.5 Lakhs on-road after discounts.

The TJet's closest competitor is the Honda City SV variant but the City feels like a Tin can and has very poor build quality(personal opinion). In my colleagues current generation City, its front bumper broke for no apparent reason and a nudge from a scooty caused its rear bumper to come lose. He drives like a saint compared to my mad max driving and hence City is ruled out for my driving style. Saying that the space and packaging was excellent in the City but that's about it.

I had driven every car in the 8-16 Lakhs price range and the only ones remaining after beyond the TJET are XUV500 and Vento twins. Thanks to the union Budget XUV500 W6 now touches close to 16 Lakhs , Vento twins (DSG Diesel) comes close to 14.0-14.5 Lakhs. Thus it is either the XUV500 or Tjet.

I drive around 600 kms monthly for office and the occasional marathon drives. Hence I can live with the TJet mileage but my concern was on the parts of the Jet.

More specifically in case of failures, components like Alternator, Turbos, Inter cooler, Timing chains, Brake Disks and pads, Clutch...etc are imported from somewhere (or) are they Locally manufactured.

How is the lead time for common components and parts availability in general for TJet ? Are they comparable to the MJD or worse ?

The reason for my concern is that MJD being very common had no issues with spares but the TJet is more rare than a Rolls Royce in Indian roads.
Old 20th March 2016, 22:31   #2874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman82 View Post
I have a query on the parts availability for the TJet in particular.

I am looking for a replacement for the Linea MJD and getting offered 2016 TJET Dynamic for ~10 lakhs and Emotion for 10.5 Lakhs on-road after discounts.

I had driven every car in the 8-16 Lakhs price range and the only ones remaining after beyond the TJET are XUV500 and Vento twins. Thanks to the union Budget XUV500 W6 now touches close to 16 Lakhs , Vento twins (DSG Diesel) comes close to 14.0-14.5 Lakhs. Thus it is either the XUV500 or Tjet.

I drive around 600 kms monthly for office and the occasional marathon drives. Hence I can live with the TJet mileage but my concern was on the parts of the Jet.

More specifically in case of failures, components like Alternator, Turbos, Inter cooler, Timing chains, Brake Disks and pads, Clutch...etc are imported from somewhere (or) are they Locally manufactured.

How is the lead time for common components and parts availability in general for TJet ? Are they comparable to the MJD or worse ?

The reason for my concern is that MJD being very common had no issues with spares but the TJet is more rare than a Rolls Royce in Indian roads.
I kinda had the same concerns you had when I decided on the Jet, but figured that the money I saved on buying the top of the line City or Vento Tsi would more than compensate for any mechanical issues that might crop up post the 3 + 2 year warranty I got. I don't think part availability is a major issue, price maybe.

Like you, I do about 500-600 km/month and have had no issues so far in my two years with the re-mapped car, and at times I have driven it really hard.

10.5 L for the Emotion is a great price.
keroo1099 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 23:10   #2875
Senior - BHPian

For all and any Fiat parts, all of the service centres are well stocked and then for all Fiat models new and old, there always is
www.99rpm.com
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2016, 17:17   #2876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Cav View Post
Dragula I have something similar to share. I bought a the new Tjet emotion in Nov last year. I have kept my older car, a 2001 Ikon 1.6 and the Ikon sure feels more alive and easy but when I drove the Jet extensively on long highways I realised the confidence levels exuded by the jet can be difficult to match by other cars sitting in far higher price brackets. I drove 983 kms in one day from Devlali (Maharashtra) to Bhilai (CGarh) in 16 hrs (non stop and all alone as I had planned for 600 kms only) and by the end of it realised that I could have done more if I had a few cans of Red Bull . Once you get used to it there is simply no comparison to the Jet's poise and composure. The Baroda Ahmedabad Expway was the first time I let the jet stretch her wings in Jan this year and I scarcely realised the speed I was at. Im a pilot by profession and do know the sense of speed but on the road I seldom look at the speedo beyond 120 kph as I feel that it is not very wise to let ur focus drift. However my wife crisply cut in and said "just look at the speedo and slow down"

Ive the same colour combo for both cars. "Hum red and white chalane walon ki baat hi kuch alag hai" So Im posting the pics of my pair taken in Devlali.

Attachment 1407117

Attachment 1407118

Attachment 1407119

Attachment 1407120

Attachment 1407121

Attachment 1407122

Attachment 1407123

Attachment 1407124

Mod Note : Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.
guys I'm picking up from last year for a few more rolling updates on my Tjet.

a) 18 months of my terra jet ownership and the 11000 kms have been thrilling. no problems so far.

b) experience with FASS has been satisfactory to good (future cars nasik to jaika motors nagpur), roger that and affirmative. my only suggestion to them has been to improve their spare inventory management.

c) driving the car on a black strip of tarmac vanishing into the distance is like riding a 12.7 mm slug and 98% of my drives are on open desolate highways for pleasure (I'm driven to work in a gypsy or i prefer my 9 mm RE that goes like a bullet).

d) i currently stay close to Nagpur and frequently drive to my parents in Bhilai.
the stretch of ah 46 from Nagpur to Bhilai is 240 kms of 4 lane and after Bhandara the road is empty with rolling hills and sweeping curves as it traverses the desolate and thickly forested regions of central india. IMO it is one of the best roads I've driven on in india and I've driven through most of the country. Roads like these are almost trips back in time with the bonus of the 4 lanes of modernity. my last trip in Feb was to Nagzira tiger reserve. the 4 days spent far (i mean really far) from the maddening crowd resulted in automotive nirvana and back to back leopard and tiger sightings. so much for being jet set.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img_0729min.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img_0734min.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img_0765min.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img_0894min.jpg

e) I've done a complete transformation to my interiors. my jet is now all black inside and it feels so much more focussed than 'premium' (whatever that means in our country). I've blacked out the excess chrome too on the exterior with 3M vinyl. after 10500 kms i have finally junked the eagle nct5s for continental contimax 205/60 r16s which have really transformed the car and also replaced the stock air filter with a K&N panel job. i had also changed the stock speakers a year back (they were sheer crap) with polk audio db series speakers and have been happy since then.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0004min.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0009min.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0006min.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0012min.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0014min.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0015min.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0019min.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0021min3.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0022min.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0020min.jpg

sitting inside now feels like being in the bat mobile

next year after the warranty expires I'm going to Wolfmoto for that 140 horse trail.
Old 27th March 2016, 17:51   #2877
BHPian

Quote:
e) I've done a complete transformation to my interiors. my jet is now all black inside and it feels so much more focussed than 'premium' (whatever that means in our country). I've blacked out the excess chrome too on the exterior with 3M vinyl. after 10500 kms i have finally junked the eagle nct5s for continental contimax 205/60 r16s which have really transformed the car and also replaced the stock air filter with a K&N panel job. i had also changed the stock speakers a year back (they were sheer crap) with polk audio db series speakers and have been happy since then.

sitting inside now feels like being in the bat mobile
All black interior looks really neat. What did you do for the beige plastic part of the doorpad?

Quote:
next year after the warranty expires I'm going to Wolfmoto for that 140 horse trail.
Rajiv's latest maps are much more linear than his earlier attempt, and is well worth it according to me.
Old 12th April 2016, 19:00   #2878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman82 View Post
Really!! I went to the showroom (in Bangalore) last month, and the prices I saw are 11.3 for Dynamic and 11.9 for Emotion. Is the difference between Bangalore and Chennai that much!! :Shocked:

Would like to know what the discounts are, and I'm planning to get this in the next month or two.

Regards,
Kiran
Old 12th April 2016, 21:34   #2879
BHPian

In Gujarat the on road price of the Linea MJD for the emotion and dynamic variants are 11.95 and 11.35 approx,i think insurance is free if booked before April 15th. There is a exchange bonus and retail offer. I test drove the diesel. However having driven petrol cars all along i did not like it. However the handling and braking were excellent and no noise filtering into the cabin. They did not have the T-Jet with them, but offered me the Abarth to get a feel of petrol Fiat.
They also said they do not get the T-Jet in dynamic and active variants. The T-Jet emotion on road would be 11.3.
biju1971 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 07:18   #2880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirans View Post
Really!! I went to the showroom (in Bangalore) last month, and the prices I saw are 11.3 for Dynamic and 11.9 for Emotion. Is the difference between Bangalore and Chennai that much!! :Shocked:

Would like to know what the discounts are, and I'm planning to get this in the next month or two.

Regards,
Kiran
Yep, the actual price offered was 10.4L for Emotion and 9.95L for Dynamic TJET variants (including insurance) by Ramkey Fiat, Chennai. This is not a old stock but a new one which they would order from factory.

But please note that it has been a month and the following factors comes into play,

a. This was before Fiat increased the prices of the Linea by some Rs:40K due to Budget increase.

b. The road tax in Chennai for cars below Rs:10 lakhs is 10% compared to 15% for cars above the price band. Now after price increase Emotion TJet ex-showroom has crossed the 10L barrier.

c. Fiat discount was 35K but the Sales adviser gave around ~1 Lakh discount due to me being a Fiat customer and Ramkey went out of their way to hold customers who lost their cars due to the floods.

Actually they still keep calling me every now and then asking if had bought my replacement but I decided not to go for the TJet and would either buy the VW Vento Diesel DSG comfortline or the XUV500 W6.

My decision has nothing to do with the car , it is as wonderful as it can come.

The dwindling sales of Fiat, expensive TJet spares, fuel economy in single digits in city conditions, massive opposition from family and finally service centers of Fiat closing down made me drop the Jet from my list.

Tamilnadu has good/excellent FASS in terms of Ramkey and Marvel but how long can they survive in this market with no new launches from Fiat is the question. A question for which I am not interested in finding the answer.

Last edited by Aceman82 : 13th April 2016 at 07:23.
Aceman82 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks