Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2016, 12:39   #2896
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
With spark plugs being changed at 45K, I don't think that will be the culprit. These are iridium plugs. It seems like something related to the clutch. The replacement parts can be of quite dubious quality. I faced the same issue with my Tjet. The clutch was replaced and it started grinding while exiting the service centre. They had to spend another day and change another set as the part was faulty.
Thanks for the info Biraj. There was no judder while driving so I was sort of sure that the issue is not from clutch.
I got my car my car today and initial diagnosis shows lambda sensor as culprit. It is the common P0420 error code which arises from cat-con. I do not have the cross count or transition time data, but after removal of codes the car is doing absolutely fine.
I hope the issue is local to sensor and not the cat-con. I have back-ordered the sensor since the part was not in stock.
Old 5th May 2016, 17:16   #2897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
Thanks for the info Biraj. There was no judder while driving so I was sort of sure that the issue is not from clutch.
I got my car my car today and initial diagnosis shows lambda sensor as culprit. It is the common P0420 error code which arises from cat-con. I do not have the cross count or transition time data, but after removal of codes the car is doing absolutely fine.
I hope the issue is local to sensor and not the cat-con. I have back-ordered the sensor since the part was not in stock.
SpeedPujari... I seem to have a similar issue on my 2011 Dec Tjet, 50k on Odo. Highlighted it in the latest service last month and the SC guys didnt seem to agree with me that there was an issue. They did however change the Spark Plug but even post that there is no change. Its always lack of power at low RPMs and a little knocking while accelerating from dead slow. However, in my case even with the diagnostic tool usage the SC couldnt get any errors.

Now i am confused whether its a genuine issue or just my imagination!
Old 5th May 2016, 17:45   #2898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
At this time, I'm almost resigned to option 3. Working on changing the schedule for all the other days.
This is what I did. Was at Vecto at 9 am and explained my predicament to Satish (Mech Lead); he immediately agreed to top up the oil and release the car pronto. SA Shivakumar created a job card fast. They used a half liter of oil to top up.

My gratitude to Satish and Shivakumar; I was on the road at 9:50, having paid the bill (usually a time-consuming process!) and all.

Trip was good; from Vecto, I drove to Hassan and since I had plenty of time, decided to drive sedately for a change. Drove at around 95 kmph, +- 5 kmph. Got the highest mileage ever for me of 15.5 kmpl ! After lunch at Hassan and for the rest of the trip, couldn't hold myself back
Old 8th May 2016, 19:35   #2899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by palitrana View Post
SpeedPujari... I seem to have a similar issue on my 2011 Dec Tjet, 50k on Odo. Highlighted it in the latest service last month and the SC guys didnt seem to agree with me that there was an issue. They did however change the Spark Plug but even post that there is no change. Its always lack of power at low RPMs and a little knocking while accelerating from dead slow. However, in my case even with the diagnostic tool usage the SC couldnt get any errors.

Now i am confused whether its a genuine issue or just my imagination!
I too felt and I prayed that to be my imagination, fortunately I was able to reproduce the issue and even the SA was able to. But I have imagined such things in past so no surprises.
If possible get your cat con checked or run diagnoser at a different service center. Or drive another tjet for observation.
Old 14th May 2016, 21:08   #2900
BHPian

Hi Team! I have a petra 1.9D which has been successfully maintained in top condition for a decade, only at FNGs. My heart is now set upon the upcoming Tjet 125 S. The nearest Fiat dealer and service is 200 kms from my place. I request fellow Tjet owners to guide me here. Could it be possible to maintain a Tjet with the help of the FNGs only? Besides the stuff like ECU scanning, turbo troubles etc. which cannot be done at FNG, would they be able to handle work like spark plugs, diagnose bad sensors, cables or clutch replacement etc? My decision depends a lot upon your opinions. I understand that FNGs cannot be a substitute for FASS but I have no other option and Tjet is the only car that I want. Waiting for your valuable suggestions. Thanks.

Last edited by prokinetic : 14th May 2016 at 21:15.
Old 23rd May 2016, 00:23   #2901
BHPian

Hello Fellow T-jet owners. I am in a bit of a fix in regards to the performance of air conditioner recently with the summers absolutely relentless this year. What I have noticed is that when the car is in direct sunlight, the AC almost cools like a desert cooler and when I speed up the air becomes better , but still not a chiller. I called up FASS and they told me that for AC service you need to leave the car for a day as the whole dashboard will be opened. Any suggestions if someone has got the AC serviced from outside or FASS? And any other things that might be hampering the cooling? I do have to try Johy's suggestion in his AC filter cleaning thread, but I am still confused. Johy... did your AC also behave in a similar manner when you solved it just by cleaning the filter? Any help will be appreciated.
Old 23rd May 2016, 01:00   #2902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaero View Post
Hello Fellow T-jet owners. I am in a bit of a fix in regards to the performance of air conditioner recently with the summers absolutely relentless this year. What I have noticed is that when the car is in direct sunlight, the AC almost cools like a desert cooler and when I speed up the air becomes better , but still not a chiller. I called up FASS and they told me that for AC service you need to leave the car for a day as the whole dashboard will be opened. Any suggestions if someone has got the AC serviced from outside or FASS? And any other things that might be hampering the cooling? I do have to try Johy's suggestion in his AC filter cleaning thread, but I am still confused. Johy... did your AC also behave in a similar manner when you solved it just by cleaning the filter? Any help will be appreciated.
There could be a number of reasons for the AC cooling going down. Choked AC filter could be one of the reasons. It's a 5 minute job to open and clean the AC/cabin filter and you should try doing that at your end. If the cooling doesn't improve, it's better to go to FIAT especially if the car is still under warranty/extended warranty. Any leaks or low pressure can be easily diagnosed at a competent AC mechanic outside as well, if you want to try this route. Look up for recommended AC mechanics in Delhi NCR on the forum.
nkapoor777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 11:37   #2903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
If the cooling doesn't improve, it's better to go to FIAT especially if the car is still under warranty/extended warranty. Any leaks or low pressure can be easily diagnosed at a competent AC mechanic outside as well, if you want to try this route. Look up for recommended AC mechanics in Delhi NCR on the forum.
Hey Nitin, thanks a lot for the quick reply, I really appreciate it. The car is no longer in warranty. Its a 2011 model with extended warranty,but the total length was only 4 years. I called up FASS (Kashyap Fiat) and they told me that for AC service you have to leave car for 2 days as the dashboard needs to be dismantled. For normal checkup , he told me 2-3 hours of work. I was a bit taken aback with 2 days for AC service clause. After going through the forum based on your recommendation, I found out about WOS (World of Service) sector 63 , Noida, which is closer to my home. I have sent a personal message to a fellow T-jet owner , who has experience of the workmanship at WOS. I will wait for his reply to take a final call. And yes, Johy has an awesome guide to clean the AC filter yourself, I will try that before going anywhere else. Thanks Again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokinetic View Post
Waiting for your valuable suggestions. Thanks.
Hey proKinetic, I personally have not taken my T-Jet for servicing to anywhere except authorized service centers. And I would recommend , that till your car is in warranty you should not take it too. Post-warranty, its again hit and trial based on recommendations from people in your circle or the forum , you can try one or two recommended mechanics and if your frequency connects and the car is taken care of well, you can take a call post that.

Last edited by moralfibre : 23rd May 2016 at 12:28. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 23rd May 2016, 12:09   #2904
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Fellow T-jet owners. I am in a bit of a fix in regards to the performance of air conditioner recently with the summers absolutely relentless this year. What I have noticed is that when the car is in direct sunlight, the AC almost cools like a desert cooler and when I speed up the air becomes better , but still not a chiller.
Hi xaero! There could be a couple of problems in the system since you're having almost negligible cooling. It would need to be diagnosed step by step.

The first thing would be to check if there's any AC gas in the system and is there some leakage? There are chances that the gas could be leaking from some joints in the pipes in the engine compartment. Linea is prone to have a leakage from certain joints with rubber O-rings. I hope the leakage gets located here itself.

The next thing would be to check the compressor oil. It needs to be topped up to get it up and running strongly again.

If after these, there's still leakage, then it would be from the Cooling Coil, which is located inside the dashboard near the central vents. The dashboard will need to be removed and the coil will be replaced.

I've had this in my 1.4NA in the car's fifth year and the cooling coil was replaced at Kashyap Fiat Noida.

Since your T-Jet is also around five years old, I think this would be the most probable case.

Even I was afraid on hearing that the dashboard will be opened and the possibility of subsequent rattles and everything!
But once the car was back, it was just like how I had dropped it at the workshop.

It will take a complete day if not two and I'd say that the guy doing AC repairs at Kashyap Noida really did a fantastic job. The AC has been a bone-chiller ever since! It would cost you around 6-8k and this heat is something you won't have to worry about after getting the work done.

Last edited by forester : 23rd May 2016 at 12:18. Reason: Spell check
forester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 12:13   #2905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by forester View Post
It will take a complete day if not two and I'd say that the guy doing AC repairs at Kashyap Noida really did a fantastic job. The AC has been a bone-chiller ever since! It would cost you around 6-8k and this heat is something you won't have to worry after getting the work done.
Hey forester, thanks a lot for the awesome insights and guidance here. I will definitely plan a visit to the Kashyap workshop itself instead of getting it done from elsewhere. I plan to go out of station this weekend, will plan to visit Kashyap over the first weekend of next month.I will update the forum with my findings as well as the work done.
xaero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 12:25   #2906
Senior - BHPian

Take a garden hose and clean out the fins of the condenser, it's mounted in front of the radiator and behind the intercooler (if the Jet is equipped with one). You may want to clean out all of them.

Create pressure using your fingers or by pinching the mouth of the hose and keep on spraying till the entire dirt in the fins/coils is washed away. Do not use any soap etc. Do not spray the battery, engine, alternator etc. You will have to bend over or sit on a low stool in front of the vehicle and spray the water through openings in the grill/slats.

Do not get it done at a petrol station or any other wash centre as the high pressure of the water coming from their nozzles will fold/bend the fins thereby causing more damage.

If this unclogging of the condenser does not help, then go ahead and take recourse in the various methods suggested above.

In summers especially during the dusty season I carry out this exercise at least once every fortnight on all of my rides.

Quote:
AC almost cools like a desert cooler and when I speed up the air becomes better , but still not a chiller.
khoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 14:06   #2907
BHPian

I had same problem with my punto. Everything was checked and the culprit was internal cooling coil beneath the dashboard. Before it was changed i had noticed a damp/ gaseous odour inside the car for quite some time and the dashboard too was getting sticky. The odour and stickiness were accentuated if the car was parked with windows closed for 2-3 days. I don't know whether it was due to gas leakage from the cooling coil but it all vanished after i changed the coil. Its been 2 years since then, still the ACC is working rock solid.
Regards
Arkesh
Arkesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 14:11   #2908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
In summers especially during the dusty season I carry out this exercise at least once every fortnight on all of my rides.
Thanks a lot for the valuable suggestions Khoj, I will try cleaning the condenser fins as well as the AC filter and I think going by the suggestions you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkesh View Post
Before it was changed i had noticed a damp/ gaseous odour inside the car for quite some time and the dashboard too was getting sticky.
Arkesh
And Arkesh there is no odour or damp smell in the car at all, so I suppose the trick suggested by Khoj might work for me, at least its worth a try as it is very very dusty in Noida and there is a high probability that the condenser fins might be covered in thick dust. Will post updates here.

Finally I tried troubleshooting the AC as suggested by Khoj. But the AC has gone kaput and did not work. In fact, I opened the tray to remove the filter too. The filter in my T-Jet was a paper one and it was a Denso MicroAir filter and a paper type. The filter was clean though and the bad thing is that now I am unable to fit back the tray properly and its getting stuck in the Blue and me box. I thought anyways I need to go to get the AC serviced and I will get the tray corrected too. Now, the self troubleshooting has finished and I need to get professional service. Thinking of taking to World of Service first to get their opinion and then if I find the job to be complex then to Kashyap fiat, Noida extension. Any suggestions otherwise are welcome.

Last edited by GTO : 24th May 2016 at 09:44. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 24th May 2016, 07:12   #2909
BHPian

Quote:
The filter was clean though and the bad thing is that now I am unable to fit back the tray properly and its getting stuck in the Blue and me box.
It would be better not to use the AC if the pollen filter is not fitted properly. Most probably it could be the internal cooling coil. You should go to an authorised service station to get it serviced because it is a known issue in Fiats and the technicians are well versed with the job. Keep us posted.
Arkesh
Arkesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 11:03   #2910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkesh View Post
It would be better not to use the AC if the pollen filter is not fitted properly.
Arkesh
Hey Arkesh, thanks for the suggestions here. I was able to fit the pollen filter properly , but the Dash Board tray which contains the space to store documents is not properly fitted, its getting stuck in the Blue and me box above. I tried for half an hour but could not get it right. Let me see how to get things done and I surely will keep you guys posted.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks