Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2016, 10:53   #2926
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

I use a CD mount for my phone, so ditched the ipod classic loaded with lossless and got myself a 128gb mem card to load up my FLACs. Using the phone as a HU now :P
Old 16th August 2016, 22:01   #2927
BHPian

Guys, I would like to hear your views. I own a 2011 Fiat Linea T-Jet Emotion Plus and have just been satisfied with its suspension. I feel its a little soft.

Any hypothesis on how the car will run if the stock shocks were replaced with those of the Punto Abarth?
Old 16th August 2016, 22:14   #2928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post
Guys, I would like to hear your views. I own a 2011 Fiat Linea T-Jet Emotion Plus and have just been satisfied with its suspension. I feel its a little soft.

Any hypothesis on how the car will run if the stock shocks were replaced with those of the Punto Abarth?
One of the major positives of the fiats, linea is its suspension, its very planted and oriented for good driving dynamics.

It give a stiffnes which is to compliment the dynamics, which is true for most of the driver oriented cars.

Will be nice to elaborate the issue, perhaps there is an issue with your cars suspension.

Abarth Punto's suspension as well exudate typical fiat trait and would not be drastically different
shijinpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2016, 09:22   #2929
BHPian

Sometimes when you clear a tall, sharp speed bump diagonally have you felt the suspension travel?

I imagine that the same car will feel much more dynamic if it came with the Abarth's suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shijinpr View Post
One of the major positives of the fiats, linea is its suspension, its very planted and oriented for good driving dynamics.

It give a stiffnes which is to compliment the dynamics, which is true for most of the driver oriented cars.

Will be nice to elaborate the issue, perhaps there is an issue with your cars suspension.

Abarth Punto's suspension as well exudate typical fiat trait and would not be drastically different
Old 17th August 2016, 21:06   #2930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post
Sometimes when you clear a tall, sharp speed bump diagonally have you felt the suspension travel?

I imagine that the same car will feel much more dynamic if it came with the Abarth's suspension.
Regarding the speed bumps, especially the behemoths we have in Bangalore, the suspension will have a play normally. Perhaps Abaraths suspension may help or may be bilstiens. Leave it to the experts in the forum.
Old 5th September 2016, 21:23   #2931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arindam_Nayek View Post
Service Advisor was Chandrashekar. The sad part is, our family was expecting the car on Saturday so everyone at home is very upset and I am not sure if ever in my life i would be able to convince them to another Fiat.
Hello Arindam,

I did an enquiry on T Jet two days back and was promised on the car delivery in three weeks. Do you see a way to make sure that they deliver the fresh piece? BTW, I had called KHT motors near Whitefield.
kptraveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 22:08   #2932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kptraveller View Post
Hello Arindam,

I did an enquiry on T Jet two days back and was promised on the car delivery in three weeks. Do you see a way to make sure that they deliver the fresh piece? BTW, I had called KHT motors near Whitefield.
There is no other way to my knowledge. Get the VIN number from the dealer. Ideally they should be having it during dispatch of the car from their factory. Please ensure a thorough PDI . YES it should be thorough. Ensure you have everything (Quotation/ Payments/Terms ) in email. Don't go by there mere words.

I hope everything goes fine. Best wishes.

Above All: ENJOY THE T-JET. There are really few cars which would bring you joy of driving the T-JET way.

Last edited by Arindam_Nayek : 5th September 2016 at 22:10. Reason: Additiin
Arindam_Nayek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 22:21   #2933
BHPian

For some reason, my T-Jet 2011 model's engine response feels lazy when the air-con is running. This is very much evident when I am trying to pick up some speed quickly. On the contrary, when the air-con is switched off, the car is super responsive to throttle inputs and offers a great pick up in almost all gears.

Is there a quick way to fix this? I would really love to have the same kind of engine response when the air-con is running.
Old 14th September 2016, 19:00   #2934
BHPian

I thought I would give people who are still interested in getting a Jet feedback of my partial drive on the Bangalore/Hyderabad Mega Meet. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...er-2016-a.html.

Since I haven't taken the car out on the highway for close to a year, some of my findings were a revelation even to me.

About the Car
I have a 2013 Jet that has been remapped by Wolfmoto and runs on Hankook evo V12's.

The Drive
I only joined the gang for breakfast so did about a 160 km round trip which included a very spirited first half trying to keep up with 'slow' moving Mercs and Bimmers. The return was more sedate with the cruise set at a 100 and trying to maintain a steady speed which became impossible with the chaotic traffic. I found using the cruise control more stressful than regular driving.

Performance
The first thing I realized was just how effortless it is to drive this car fast. Their is just so much torque past 2000 rpm even in 5th that you really don't have to shift down to overtake, and this is even even on slight inclines!! If I really wanted to shoot past traffic all I had to do was drop down to 4th and punch the throttle. The best bit is I never felt nervous about not having enough 'dum' to overtake.

Handling/Ride
This car just feels better the faster you drive it. The low speed roll and slightly unsettled ride magically vanishes the moment you push it, and never for one moment did I feel that I wasn't in control. The roads were great but I think the Hankooks did their bit in contributing to the planted feel, and as they were also very quiet helped make it a stress free journey.

Kitna Deti Hai
Considering the first part of the journey I got a very respectable return of 13.4 km/l which is not bad all. You could probably get a lot more with a lighter foot.

Cheers.
keroo1099 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 16:04   #2935
BHPian

Is it recommended to do engine de-carbonization on Tjet engine? My Jet has run 57K kms. The KHT service guy told me that it's not recommended as it might damage the rubber lining inside the engine and they don't do it also.
There are no issues with the engine and it's running smooth like a new engine.
Old 25th October 2016, 18:19   #2936
BHPian

Re: 60 Ah battery in a T-Jet

My battery needed replacing, and I was determined to put in a more powerful one. Thanks to posts by nkrishnap and GrammarNazi, it was clear that a 60Ah battery could be put into an MJD. A quick call to Vecto confirmed that the battery tray is the same size in the T-Jet as well.

I ordered a 60 Ah Amaron AAM-FL-566112060 battery from Batterybhai. Apparently the 55 and 60 Ah are the same size, so the local dealer to whom Batterybhai passed on the order said he would send two batteries, a 50 and a 60 in case the 60 doesn't fit (good service, no?). I insisted it would fit, so he sent only the 60. The little spacer plastic need to be removed for the 60 to sit in there, and this is easily done by removing the old battery and jiggling the spacer. The 60 sits perfectly, and by eyeballing it, I can tell there is at least 8 mm clearance lengthwise. The local dealer gave all the paperwork for the warranty, and the whole experience was very professional and over pretty quick.

Since my old battery was 50 Ah (original that came with the car), I had to pay Rs. 200 extra because trade-in is like-for-like.

So those that want a 55 or 60 Ah battery, go for it.
TheTeacher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 06:12   #2937
BHPian

Hi
My cousin bought this machine, TJet around 6 months ago and enjoying every bit of it.

One question on the gear upshift.
He has been upshifting around 1500+ RPM while the service advisor suggested him to do the upshifting at 2500 RPM because of turbo-kickin is around 2500+.
He was also suggested upshifting at 2500+ RPM would yield him better mileage. I don't understand how this is related.
As of today, he is getting around 8.5 KMPL in bumper to bumper Chennai City traffic which I think its less than normal.

So, is there an optimal RPM that upshifting to be done on Petrol turbo Or in this specific machine?

My principle - If you are not in a hurry, upshift as soon as you can and make sure NOT to lug the engine.

Prem.
Old 4th November 2016, 11:44   #2938
Senior - BHPian

8.5kmpl in city traffic is more or less the average i reckon.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 22:48   #2939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
8.5kmpl in city traffic is more or less the average i reckon.
yeah, it depends on how bad the "bumper to bumper" is
If its Bangalore, I just be happy with what it gives me in such a mad traffic.
Chennai is NOT that bad, I would say.

My drive is City CVT [2015]
My office location s changed and I travel around 18KMs one way daily now.

My earlier mileage used to be 9.3 KMPL in the pathetic city traffic [Kundanahalli - Marathahalli - HAL Airport Road - Domlur].

My current mileage is 11 KMPL in my current route [Brookfield - KR Puram - Outer Ring Road to Hebbal].
If I don't have KR Puram, it would yield even more, I believe

Prem.
Old 4th November 2016, 23:10   #2940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
For some reason, my T-Jet 2011 model's engine response feels lazy when the air-con is running. This is very much evident when I am trying to pick up some speed quickly. On the contrary, when the air-con is switched off, the car is super responsive to throttle inputs and offers a great pick up in almost all gears.

Is there a quick way to fix this? I would really love to have the same kind of engine response when the air-con is running.
I went ahead and did the remap (Wolf moto) a month ago. All that initial sluggishness is now completely gone and I am super happy with the outcome so far. The only minor irritant is the low engine oil pressure warning that comes up every time when I turn the ignition on. But this car is behaving like a gem now.
ece2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks