Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2016, 13:20   #2941
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Hi
My cousin bought this machine, TJet around 6 months ago and enjoying every bit of it.

One question on the gear upshift.
He has been upshifting around 1500+ RPM while the service advisor suggested him to do the upshifting at 2500 RPM because of turbo-kickin is around 2500+.
He was also suggested upshifting at 2500+ RPM would yield him better mileage. I don't understand how this is related.
As of today, he is getting around 8.5 KMPL in bumper to bumper Chennai City traffic which I think its less than normal.

So, is there an optimal RPM that upshifting to be done on Petrol turbo Or in this specific machine?

My principle - If you are not in a hurry, upshift as soon as you can and make sure NOT to lug the engine.

Prem.
8.5 km/l in bumper to bumper traffic is good. Regarding the upshifts, the turbo starts kicks in at 1700 rpm and would be spooling full at 2100 rpm. Hence the info by the service advisor may not be correct and your cousins practice is good. I generally upshifts around 1500 rpm.
Old 5th November 2016, 18:49   #2942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
I went ahead and did the remap (Wolf moto) a month ago. All that initial sluggishness is now completely gone and I am super happy with the outcome so far.
I completely agree, and it's surprising since Rajiv says he hasn't done anything to tweak bottom end response.

Quote:
The only minor irritant is the low engine oil pressure warning that comes up every time when I turn the ignition on. But this car is behaving like a gem now.
I have learnt to crank the engine before the warning appears, and that happens just after the fuel pump cuts out.
Old 5th November 2016, 19:34   #2943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
I have learnt to crank the engine before the warning appears, and that happens just after the fuel pump cuts out.
That is interesting. Is it important to crank before the warning appears? Typically, I give the car atleast 10 to 15 seconds before cranking the engine after turning on the ignition.
Old 5th November 2016, 19:43   #2944
BHPian

Quote:
That is interesting. Is it important to crank before the warning appears? Typically, I give the car atleast 10 to 15 seconds before cranking the engine after turning on the ignition.
I just wait for the fuel pump to prime and then crank. It's just to avoid the error message, and I have been doing this since the remap about 2 1/2 years ago and never had a problem. No need to wait 10-15 seconds.
keroo1099 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 11:09   #2945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
I just wait for the fuel pump to prime and then crank. It's just to avoid the error message, and I have been doing this since the remap about 2 1/2 years ago and never had a problem. No need to wait 10-15 seconds.
Rajiv says he is yet to implement the Tacho indicating the map and going back to zero. That way the oil pressure sensor triggered message wont come up.

Also, have you noticed. The ACC fan speed also goes up depending on whether you are using the maps vs. stock mode (i.e., before starting the car)
Old 14th November 2016, 11:27   #2946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedragula View Post
Also, have you noticed. The ACC fan speed also goes up depending on whether you are using the maps vs. stock mode (i.e., before starting the car)
Not noticed that, but if you mean the AC blower, I always switch it on only with the engine running so haven't really noticed. Have been on Map 2 for so long, have forgotten how stock feels. Touch wood, the car is running like a dream and no issues post the 2+ year old remap.
Old 29th November 2016, 12:53   #2947
BHPian

Well fellas,

It has been quite some time since I posted an update. The jet recently completed 13000 km in about 1.5 years of ownership.

The recent 6 months have been action packed with me moving to Bangalore and then back to Delhi. The jet accompanied me to Bangalore and is back in Delhi now.

In Bangalore undertook a small 3 day highway trip to Wayanad and a day long trip to Halebedu + Sarvanabelagola.

Some impressions:

1. Jet is a pleasure to drive on the highway. Cruising around 90 - 100 is for the me the best band to drive the Jet in. Around 120 types the engine becomes a little coarse for my liking.

2. Gee, I am able to squeeze an average of 10 - 11 kmpl only on highways. In Delhi, I could average about 10.5kmpl . Bangalore was worse at 8.5 - 9.

3. I had got the car serviced at Vecto motors in Bangalore. It was good to see so many Fiats at one place - in Delhi, not so many Fiats are there and hence, even the service stations are not so packed. Vecto did a good job though I had to wait 2 extra hours.

Niggles:

1. The battery died once more (the third time in last 1.5 years). This was almost 4 days after the second highway ride in Bangalore. Fiat Customer Care is unresponsive. I was supposed to move back to Delhi soon - so I got the battery checked at Kashyap Fiat, Okhla only when I was back in Delhi. They say the battery is fine - apparently, they had taken the battery to Exide who also certified the battery as fine.

I am continuously writing to Fiat CRM to replace the battery but they are behaving like typical Fiat. Please help me with ids of some senior folks at Fiat - the least they owe is an explanation.

Apart from this, the car is running fine (touchwood !!).

Had a small knock by a bus in Bangalore which has resulted in a small dent in the back but nothing serous.

I just had the opportunity to drive a friend's Rapid (petrol) gee, now I know why the Jet is such a special beast . I mean, I floored the accelerator, and the car would not fly the way the Jet would but, yes, the interiors did feel better than Jet's.

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 3rd December 2016 at 14:20.
Old 2nd December 2016, 12:21   #2948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopoco777 View Post
Well fellas,

2. Gee, I am able to squeeze an average of 10 - 11 kmpl only on highways. In Delhi, I could average about 10.5kmpl . Bangalore was worse at 8.5 - 9.
With speeds of 90 kmph constant, my 2011 T-Jet has always given me 16-17 kmpl on Highways and without A/C 11-12 Kmpl , with AC, 9-10 Kmp. The new Lineas are probably giving out lower average, though not sure about the same.
Old 3rd December 2016, 10:10   #2949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaero View Post
With speeds of 90 kmph constant, my 2011 T-Jet has always given me 16-17 kmpl on Highways and without A/C 11-12 Kmpl , with AC, 9-10 Kmp. The new Lineas are probably giving out lower average, though not sure about the same.
I have a 2015 TJet and my mileage figures are exactly the same as yours... So New Lineas being more thirsty isn't exactly right, in my opinion.
Vinodh_Gowda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2016, 11:29   #2950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopoco777 View Post
Well fellas,

1. Jet is a pleasure to drive on the highway. Cruising around 90 - 100 is for the me the best band to drive the Jet in. Around 120 types the engine becomes a little coarse for my liking.
May have to clarify, other wise the Tjet may lose its character. I feel the jet cruises comfortably at regular highway speeds, beyond that it could struggle.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 3rd January 2017 at 01:32. Reason: Please avoid mentioning high speeds (120+) on the forum.
Old 27th December 2016, 13:09   #2951
BHPian

My new Linea T Jet completed 2.5 years and has clocked 45000 km. The stock Goodyears were done and needed a change. Just installed the Michelin Primacy 3 ST. Immediate changes are noise levels have reduced considerably. The tyres feel softer over bumps. Another change is that the steering has become considerably lighter and personally that is not something I like. I hope with age the steering feels a bit like before. Overall Happy with the change so far.
anugrahlall is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2016, 22:59   #2952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anugrahlall View Post
Just installed the Michelin Primacy 3 ST. Immediate changes are noise levels have reduced considerably. The tyres feel softer over bumps. Another change is that the steering has become considerably lighter.
If Michelins feels softer than stock ones, steering feel should increase, if at all, resulting in a heavier steering and not vice-versa. It could be the air pressure in the tyres rather. If the tyre shop have put slightly more air, say 32 against usual 28, than you will feel steering to be lighter than before.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2017, 11:56   #2953
BHPian

Guys, I am experiencing a weird issue. At higher speeds and above (I try this only in deserted and safe to drive highways) I am experiencing vibrations on the occupants . I don't feel the vibration on the steering or pedals but on the body of us. What could be the reasons ? Wheel alignment ? Clutch related ?

Regards,
Sateesh

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st January 2017 at 12:05. Reason: Removing mention on high speeds. Please refrain from posting about speeding on public roads. Thank you.
Old 1st January 2017, 12:13   #2954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssateesh View Post
Guys, I am experiencing a weird issue. At higher speeds and above (I try this only in deserted and safe to drive highways) I am experiencing vibrations on the occupants . I don't feel the vibration on the steering or pedals but on the body of us. What could be the reasons ? Wheel alignment ? Clutch related ?

Regards,
Sateesh

Check the alloys/rims for bends.
carrerastrax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 15:54   #2955
BHPian

Recently I have also started experiencing bubbling when passengers are seated on rear seats. I had a discussion with guy knowledgeable in FIATs and he told me that more than wheel balancing and all sometimes there are rubber spacers above the rear shock absorbers and they get worn out and cause such vibrations and bubbling. I still have to get it checked though. But , I am somehow convinced a bit, because the vibrations/bubbling is highly noticeable when there are rear passengers. Lets see, how things turn out when I finally get it checked, do keep us in loop as to what was diagnosed on your Jet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssateesh View Post
Guys, I am experiencing a weird issue. At higher speeds

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks