Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2018, 18:16   #3046
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

@keroo1099
Excellent execution and well put together pdf guide. I hope somebody from FIAT looks at this and realizes how common sense can solve a problem which they tried to sweep under the carpet.
About the install :
1) So the alto funnel is wedged on left and right, like (for lack of better comparison) a fat persons cheeks are when wearing a full helmet ?
2) about the cut that you made to slide through the radiator projection, will the radiator projection now prevent up and down movement of the funnel+Silicone pipe ?
3) I guess 1 and 2 do make sure this setup does not 'slip out' of position, even if you continuously drive fast for 15 mins on a rough road. However, what happens at the time of service, in case this space is needed ? Remove the circular clips at the airbox end and the funnel end , and take out the Silicone pipe only, or do you again have to remove the funnel ?
venkyhere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2018, 18:32   #3047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
@keroo1099
Excellent execution and well put together pdf guide. I hope somebody from FIAT looks at this and realizes how common sense can solve a problem which they tried to sweep under the carpet.
About the install :
1) So the alto funnel is wedged on left and right, like (for lack of better comparison) a fat persons cheeks are when wearing a full helmet ?
2) about the cut that you made to slide through the radiator projection, will the radiator projection now prevent up and down movement of the funnel+Silicone pipe ?
3) I guess 1 and 2 do make sure this setup does not 'slip out' of position, even if you continuously drive fast for 15 mins on a rough road. However, what happens at the time of service, in case this space is needed ? Remove the circular clips at the airbox end and the funnel end , and take out the Silicone pipe only, or do you again have to remove the funnel ?
1. The funnel is wedged tightly, the stiff flexi hose also helps keep the tension to keep it in place.

2. The cut goes around the radiator projection which helps holding it firmly in place. I tried moving it around and it wouldn't budge.

3. Hasn't popped out over 200 km of driving. The funnel and flexi pipe are easier to remove than the stock pipe provided if required.
keroo1099 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 04:21   #3048
BHPian

I'm looking to buy a second hand sedan under 2 lakhs and the Linea 2010 petrol popped up as an option. I see a lot of cars on sale within my budget. I'm new to this car and I was wondering why it sold for such a low price? Are the spare parts not available readily or is there some other reason? It'd be great if owners could pitch in their 2 cents. Thanks!
Old 8th February 2018, 09:57   #3049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibot View Post
I'm new to this car and I was wondering why it sold for such a low price? Are the spare parts not available readily or is there some other reason?
It is a Fiat that is 8 years old and that pretty much what sums up the poor resale.

If this is the standard petrol NA engine, that further explains the 2lac price tag. The engine is lethargic and thirsty on gas. Reliability ain't a problem. The top of line Emotion variant has all the essential bells and whistles found on a modern day car. If you are okay with the below average performance from the motor and if it has not clocked over 50k km, then you may buy one after checking the car thoroughly. I'd buy one only if it has been well cared for and has a clean insurance and service history. This applies for pretty much any used car you buy. I'd also be wary of picking up a car like this from a used car dealer.

Part availability will definitely be a problem in the long run. As of today, Fiat service has pretty much everything you need to carry out regular service and if there is any critical part to be replaced, you are looking at a minimum 10 day wait.

For similar money, you could get a Ford Fiesta 1.4 or 1.6 and I think this is a much safer and better buy than a Linea NA.
Old 17th February 2018, 21:16   #3050
BHPian

Next week marks the first anniversary of my t-jet 125. It is more brand-new than it was in the showroom. Inside the car, it is still drenched in that new car smell which simply refuses to go away. You'll know why, a picture speaks more than a thousand words. Just check the odo reading at the completion of first year
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img_20180217_164433.jpg  

prokinetic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 13:16   #3051
BHPian

Did the 2nd free service in third week of Feb. Seeing the odo reading of mere 1700kms SA double checked to confirm if it was not the 1st service. The car never had any problems to begin with so I asked them to carry on the usual stuff & finish it soon while I waited there for 2 hours because the service center was relatively empty and it was a govt holiday.

Never trust the service guys blindly is the lesson I learnt. After sitting for 30 minutes at reception I went to the service area to see what's being done. The mechanic near my car said oil has been changed. I said okay and asked him to keep all the old filters in the boot, owing to low run old filters must be still good. He went away while I was still there. After few minutes another guy came to my car and asked me to go and sit in customer lounge. I informed him about work is finished so keep the old filters in boot & let the car go for a wash. This guy too ran away in the similar fashion. I saw them discussing something and pointing fingers to each other in the spare parts cabin. Out he came with new filters in hands and said, 'Sir, little work is remaining. Will you please wait outside?' I understood but without saying anything this time I went in the customer lounge instead of reception & stood behind the glass to make them realize I'm watching.

So basically, they'd done nothing till now. The car was simply raised in air without being anything done. Everything from scratch happened later in front of my eyes. Oil & filters were changed to fresh. Old filters were kept in the boot. I sense they planned this crook job due to low odo reading thinking everything must be still good as new and customer doesn't has a single complaint. When energy is wasted in such things important jobs are left behind. They forgot to put their stamp on the service booklet. I have no proof of the free service done except the bill which I'll need to preserve now as a proof.

A minor noise from rear left side near the door was left as it is. They pointed it to the plastic trim under the seat, that runs over the wheel arch. I was not satisfied with diagnosis so decided to leave it as the rattle is insignificant and appears rarely.

I refused to get wheel alignment & balancing done this early. I'm scared after hearing one side pull issues in linea. Car is running arrow straight.

Renewed the insurance to a basic third party policy at 3497Rs only.

So far, not a single scratch on the paint. Not even a hairline. Hope I'm able to drive some more to atleast utilize the money spent.

Regards.
prokinetic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 16:26   #3052
Senior - BHPian

Car spent many days in the service center trying to find out the reason for an error light. The EOBD warning had come up. Took it to the new fiat dealership here. They ran a diagnostic flashed the system and no more warning light.

Took it back home only to have the light pop up again after a day.

Back to the service center. Left the car, they kept it for two days. Said there was a bent pipe somewhere near the intercooler and that could have been the reason.

Got car back. One day later, what do you know? The light pops back again.

Needless to say, gave the guys a piece of my mind. Left car and told them to check everything and anything. Took a week for them and finally said they could not find any major fault as such and that it could be a problem with fuel quality.

Said thanks. Been 3 days now and no warning light for now. Touch wood.

The first time, they charged 300 bucks for the diagnostic. The other two times after that, they did not charge anything. Was pleasantly surprised.

And I plonked in a BMC panel filter sourced from Italy for 4600 bucks including shipping. Been just a few hours now. A long drive really made me smile. IHP also helps in such cases

The model was FB555/01.

Next up, Wolf remap, Eibach lowering springs, Brembo brake pads
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2018, 18:54   #3053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
1. The funnel is wedged tightly, the stiff flexi hose also helps keep the tension to keep it in place.

2. The cut goes around the radiator projection which helps holding it firmly in place. I tried moving it around and it wouldn't budge.

3. Hasn't popped out over 200 km of driving. The funnel and flexi pipe are easier to remove than the stock pipe provided if required.
Thanks for the experiments and for sharing this knowledge!

In its current location, how high is the CAI mouth off the ground? I hope there is no risk of water ingestion if there is standing water on the road.
TheTeacher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2018, 19:26   #3054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
In its current location, how high is the CAI mouth off the ground? I hope there is no risk of water ingestion if there is standing water on the road.
It sucks in air from behind the headlight, so almost no chance of water ingress when going through standing water.
keroo1099 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2018, 20:56   #3055
BHPian

Does anyone know if the KHT service in Yashawantapura is accepting FIAT cars?
Old 20th May 2018, 01:12   #3056
BHPian

I own a 2016 Tjet emotion variant. Recently got the 3rd free service done at RDC Ekatuthangal Chennai service centre. Car has completed 23k kms. After taking delivery of my car post service I noticed it had wobbling issues when it hit 90+kmph.
I took it back to the service centre and after checking they said one of the alloy rims was bent which was possibly causing the issue and so they moved it to the rear. However I still experienced wobbling issues at 90+kmph. I asked them to recheck. They said they have now done balancing again and that I shouldn't experience any wobbling.
They also said if I experience wobbling again I should potentially change my tyres. By the way I had changed my 205/55/16 tyres at 8k kms from apollo to Pirelli P7 and so far the threads are still looking good. According to the SA Linea stock rims have been tested for Apollo, Bridgestone and good year tyres and so he was recommending to change my tyres to one of these brands.

Question: has anyone else experienced alloy bent issues in Linea? Can I live with it by moving to rear? What could be the reason for the alloys getting bent? Is it a known problem with Linea or are Pirelli tyres not compatible with Linea stock alloys? I regularly do my wheel balancing and wheel alignments every 5-8k kms and also keep tyre pressures at recommended psi of 36 for front and 33 for rear.
Everything else is fine with the car except this issue. I plan to take my car to XL tyre point annanagar and ask them to check balancing/alignment if I experience wobbling issues. I wonder if I the service centre guys had messed up with balancing/alignment. When my car is due for next service should I explicitly ask the service centre guys to not do the alignment/balancing and do them outside?
Old 21st May 2018, 11:00   #3057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subrasri View Post
Question: has anyone else experienced alloy bent issues in Linea? Can I live with it by moving to rear? What could be the reason for the alloys getting bent?
I did face this on my 2011 Line T Jet. It was a minor rim bend on the inner rim so did not cause an imbalance. No wobble observed though.

Rim bend occurs only if you hit a nasty bump. We tend not to pay attention to these and drive along. It is only when you un mount the wheel for alignment and balancing, is when you notice that the rim is bent.

It is possible that a tire defect is causing the wobble. However; since you say the issue occurred post service, I wonder what went wrong here. Could be the alignment or balancing. Improper tire fitting can cause the problem too.

Try and observe where the wobble is coming from. Is it from the front or back. Narrow it down to the specific wheel and then take it out for tire, alloy observation.

No comment on the tire you use as I have never used Pirelli. Should not be the problem.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2018, 12:44   #3058
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by subrasri View Post
According to the SA Linea stock rims have been tested for Apollo, Bridgestone and good year tyres and so he was recommending to change my tyres to one of these brands.
Im not sure whether this statement of his has any technical truth to it - sounds like an invented reason so that he doesn't have to say "i dont know"
Old 27th May 2018, 08:48   #3059
BHPian

Thanks sandeepmohan and venkyhere for your feedback. After the SA did the rebalancing again I haven't experienced any wobbling again. That shows that they had messed up with the balancing initially.
Old 6th June 2018, 16:02   #3060
BHPian

Has anybody given remapping a shot in their T-Jet? Just wondering on the potential.

Most Viewed