Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2019, 03:04   #3166
BHPian

I received an SMS that might help you "Dear Fiat Customer We Are Glad To Inform You That KHT Offering Mega Service Discount For Service & Body Repair(Excluding Insurance Vehicle) Get 20% Discount On Labour & 5% Discount On Parts. Offer Valid From 19th March to 31st March 2019. for Appt call 9071780054,9071288333, KHT FIAT Mahadevapura B'lor"
Weathered is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2019, 13:14   #3167
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBond007 View Post
Thanks for the reply. The manual states that Timing Drive belt needs to be replaced at 60,000 km.
Okay. Maybe they changed it in the manual later on. I had the 2010 & 2011 models. Now I don't have the original manual to verify.
Old 29th March 2019, 13:18   #3168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
Help required - Hey Guys with FIAT closing, where to get my friends Linea serviced?
He stays near Mathikere in North Bangalore.
Please suggest a good place, preferably near Mathikere/Yeshwantpur/Hebbal.
You may try Pride Cars. It's discussed in the thread https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/banga...bangalore.html (Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - Pride Cars (Bangalore)). I found him to be very good. But it's far from your place.
amit1agrawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2019, 21:03   #3169
BHPian

A few useful updates since I last posted.

DIY Courtesy Lights

BACKGROUND
A group of us decided to purchase all the parts required for this DIY which involves retrofitting the Linea boot light into a blanked out area provided by Fiat in the Linea’s front door pad. I broke up the DIY into two parts.
  • Getting the wiring harness for each section ready, and cutting out the door pads.
  • Doing the physical work of routing the wires with the help of Patchboy, Adneo and Laddz1121 in Mysore, with a super home cooked Christmas lunch as the reward.
(For detailed instructions please follow PatchyBoy’s thread)

FOR:
Works beautifully, and lights up just enough area with the stock bulb. Please note, I only did the front doors.

AGAINST:
A real PITA to get the door connectors off, if you want to wire through the BCM as originally planned by Fiat.

Basic Soldering/Crimping skills required

Have to be very careful cutting out the holes in the door pad. Cut the holes slightly smaller and then file away to get the exact fit.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-door1.jpg
Template of door light was cut and stuck to the door to make cutting easier

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-door2.jpg
Used a small drill bit to cutout the rough shape and then used a combination of a file and a hot cutting blade to get the perfect shape

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-door3.jpg
Final fitting felt like a good suit.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-l1.jpg
Since the lights are connected to the BCM they go off with a time delay

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-l2.jpg

Projectors with HID for the fogs

BACKGROUND:
I was running a combination of 8000K HID’s in my lows and 8000K HID’s in the stock fogs which though bright for city use was found wanting on the highway against the steady onslaught of high beams. In fact, I was so happy with the fogs that I mostly ended up using just them in the city most times. The fogs were angled low, but I still got angry flashes on and off so decided to take the plunge and get the Sinolyn’s from AliExpress (big thanks to Blackwasp for recommending them). I also realized using HID’s without projectors in your main's isn’t the best for me or oncoming traffic, and hence decided to ditch the HID’s in my lows at the same time.

FOR:
Superb throw and cutoff with the Osram HID’s. Fits almost like OE in the fog
cutouts

The Philips Racing visions once aligned properly, with help from Adneo and the blank wall in his apartment complex nicely complement the fogs and add a little more depth and brightness to already good throw of the fogs.

I think I have Osram for the Highs, but have never really needed to use them except for flashing which is a big plus for everyone.

AGAINST:
Another PITA to execute in the new Linea as one has to remove the bumper (16 odd fastners) and then the foglamp housing (some 10 odd friction clips each side which break very easily) before you can mount the Projectors. Thanks to nkrishnap and his boys for doing a great job.

Bracket has to be modified to fit existing mounting points in the bumper. I managed to get my IC Installer to fabricate heavy duty brackets for me with slotted holes for maximum flexibility rather than the standard round ones.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-bracket-temp.jpg
Note the slotted holes. The clamp to hold the projector to the bracket was also slotted in the horizontal direction

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-osram-hid.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-philips-rv.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-projector.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-p.jpg
Only the Fogs

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-pl.jpg
Fogs + Low

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-plh.jpg
Fogs + Low + high

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-sinolyn1.jpg
These are Bixenon, but I haven't connected the solenoid to make the flap work. so works as a fixed fog. Note the difference in hole spacing from my template

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-sinolyn2.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SINO...3c352e0eFpI524

Semi Low GC suspension

BACKGROUND
I decided to take another plunge and opt for the low GC kit after driving Patchyboy’s original Linea. The suspension on the first gen Linea’s is just so much more settled at low speed and has none of that lazy roll/shimmy that the high GC models have. A big shout out to Blackwasp for getting the required parts from Vroome Point, Mumbai and shipping them to me, but sadly we discovered only much later that I am one critical part short, the rear springs which have conveniently been discontinued by FCA. So for now I am running on low GC front and rear Struts on high my original high GC springs.

FOR:
Feel is much better than the stock high GC suspension. Roll at low speed has almost disappeared, and high speed stability is more confidence inspiring. Steering feels more connected to me when the car is pushed.

No issues with ground clearance even with a fully loaded car.

AGAINST:
Without the rear springs the car has a tipped forward stance

Ride has become slightly stiffer at city speeds, which isn’t bothering me as yet, but it could also be my tyres which are close to the end of their life have become hard.

Until next time, Cheers.
keroo1099 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 15:57   #3170
BHPian

Hi Guys,

My 2010 T Jet Plus @ 50k Km is giving typical fuel pump failure indications.

Car cranks alright but doesn't start, refuses to start when hot, no priming sound before cranking, dies down when accelerator not given after starting up, stalls etc.

Haven't driven the Jet a lot after the problem surfaced as I've been traveling quite a bit of late. Spoke to the guys at Vroom Pointe. Based on symptoms they're saying a fuel pump replacement may be required.

My questions,

1) Any one faced a similiar issue @ 50k Km ? My previous Diesel Linea saw 1.5 L Km without any fuel pump issue. Even my Estilo gave 11 years / 1.1 L Km without any fuel pump issue.

2) Replace / Repair ?

3) Cost and post replacement / repair life ?

Mitul.
Old 24th April 2019, 23:12   #3171
BHPian

Hi

I own a 2011 Tjet plus

Need help in diagnosing a problem. There is a loud thud noise from the front right wheel every time I go over a speedbreaker.

The dealership says it's the engine mount which needs a change. Unfortunately, the part is on order and will probably take a week to arrive. I was told it's safe to drive the car for short distances at low speeds. However, each time I drive the car, the sound distinctly comes over the right wheel.

I wonder if they missed checking the elastic pads/shock absorber/crossrail and the link rods. Did any of you have a similar experience?

Another question I would like to ask you about spare part availability for the Fiat twins. Is everyone facing longer wait times and unreliable third party vendors like 99rpm/boodmo ?

Appreciate your kind help

Arun

Last edited by arununo : 24th April 2019 at 23:20. Reason: Adding a few left out points
Old 24th April 2019, 23:31   #3172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arununo View Post
Hi

I own a 2011 Tjet plus

Need help in diagnosing a problem. There is a loud thud noise from the front right wheel every time I go over a speedbreaker.

The dealership says it's the engine mount which needs a change. Unfortunately, the part is on order and will probably take a week to arrive. I was told it's safe to drive the car for short distances at low speeds. However, each time I drive the car, the sound distinctly comes over the right wheel.

I wonder if they missed checking the elastic pads/shock absorber/crossrail and the link rods. Did any of you have a similar experience?

Another question I would like to ask you about spare part availability for the Fiat twins. Is everyone facing longer wait times and unreliable third party vendors like 99rpm/boodmo ?

Appreciate your kind help

Arun
Could be the shock absorber issues. I had faced the same issues and shocks were replaced.
The spares may be an issue in the long run, especially for the TJET. Went to the nearest FASS, looks like they are in the verge of closure. My experience with 99 rpm has been good so far. Not sure how long this would hold good.
Old 25th April 2019, 09:30   #3173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsalltheway View Post
Hi Guys,My 2010 T Jet Plus @ 50k Km is giving typical fuel pump failure indications.
No warning lights on the dashboard?

Priming not taking place can be a failure of the injectors/injector rail, not fuel pump. You might want to check the fuse box for any blown fuses.

Then again, better to check with a OBD scanner, which I am sure your dealer will have. This can give you correct diagnosis.

I used to own a 2011 Linea T Jet. The new owner, a FM, who has crossed 60k km on it has not reported any fuel pump failure.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 25th April 2019 at 09:32.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2019, 09:37   #3174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
No warning lights on the dashboard?

Priming not taking place can be a failure of the injectors/injector rail, not fuel pump. You might want to check the fuse box for any blown fuses.

Then again, better to check with a OBD scanner, which I am sure your dealer will have. This can give you correct diagnosis.

I used to own a 2011 Linea T Jet. The new owner, a FM, who has crossed 60k km on it has not reported any fuel pump failure.
No warning lights at all on the console.

Will run the diagnostics as you suggested. I'm visiting the FASS on Saturday.

Thanks.
Old 29th April 2019, 11:48   #3175
BHPian

Need urgent help. Recently my Tjet's clutch became free. It has 57000 on the odometer. Upon inspection, I found that the oil has leaked. A mechanic from the FASS came for inspection and said that the clutch bearing needs to be changed. He had initially said on call, that only slave cylinder needs to be changed. But when he opened the bonnet, he exclaimed 'it's a TJet. Clutch bearing will be changed along with clutch plates'. He said that TJet has a different set-up than 1.4 Linea and so there was this confusion.
I checked 99rpm and it shows that slave cylinder does exist for Tjet and it is different from clutch bearing. I am not sure what to do. Estimate given by the mechanic is too high - Rs 12000 for clutch bearing change and Rs 22000 for bearing + plate change. On other hand, changing the slave cylinder would have set me back by Rs 4000.

Given that I have recently bought this pre-owned car, I am not very keen on spending such huge amount, if there is an alternate way of addressing the issue. I want to get a second opinion from a reliable mechanic, but I don't know anyone in Noida. Since the car cannot be driven, I am not able to take it to World of Service for an inspection.

It would be of great help if someone can guide me on how to go ahead with the repair. I have attached some pics of the area where I saw the leakage.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-whatsapp-image-20190427-12.14.04-1.jpeg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-whatsapp-image-20190427-12.14.04.jpeg  

Old 29th April 2019, 12:31   #3176
BHPian

Quote:
Need urgent help.

I want to get a second opinion from a reliable mechanic, but I don't know anyone in Noida. Since the car cannot be driven, I am not able to take it to World of Service for an inspection.
You can contact WoS and they could arrange a mechanic to visit you. Alternatively Classic Service Point in Sector - 3 is another place you could reach out to. Google for their contact details. Its difficult to tell from pics whether the Fiat tech's diagnosis is correct or not - which one is it? Sahil or Landmark?
nkapoor777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2019, 12:36   #3177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
You can contact WoS and they could arrange a mechanic to visit you. Alternatively Classic Service Point in Sector - 3 is another place you could reach out to. Google for their contact details. Its difficult to tell from pics whether the Fiat tech's diagnosis is correct or not - which one is it? Sahil or Landmark?
Thanks for the inputs. Landmark
Old 29th April 2019, 13:03   #3178
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the inputs. Landmark
Try Sahil Fiat in Sec-63 Noida. Lots of old Fiat hands there.
nkapoor777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2019, 13:21   #3179
BHPian

Quote:
It would be of great help if someone can guide me on how to go ahead with the repair. I have attached some pics of the area where I saw the leakage.
The parts are indeed different for the FIRE and TJET models. I do not know whether they are interchangeable.

The clutch slave cylinder can fail even with a perfect clutch plate and release bearing. The earlier models had a faulty Slave cylinder (plastic) which was replaced by an updated metal part. There have been numerous cases reported here itself.

If only the CSC needs replacement, you can just replace it without replacing the plates and bearing. However, if the clutch is worn out then replace the kit. Was your clutch pedal hard earlier? ( before the fuild leaked out?)
--gKrish-- is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2019, 14:11   #3180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by --gKrish-- View Post
Was your clutch pedal hard earlier? ( before the fuild leaked out?)
No it wasn't hard. What surprised me even more was that the clutch became free when the car was lying idle. It died without giving any symptom.

Most Viewed