Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2019, 12:51   #3196
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBond007 View Post
Need Urgent Help.

a) I got the PUC renewed yesterday. Found that the CO emission has increased by 15 times (from 0.017 in Feb to 0.252 yesterday)

b) Fuel efficiency has dropped from mid 11 to mid 9. The car also feels bit sluggish

Experts please help
I am not an expert by any means but incidentally had faced similar problems with my T-Jet.
While the problem with my clutch was associated with the cylinder near the clutch pedal (I am not confused between which is master and which is slave) and not the one in the clutch assy., the other problem of lethargic performance with lower FE was attributed to some error codes that generated during battery replacement and were sorted.

Please do let me know what final diagnosis comes for your car.

Also, while I think Mr. O.P. Sharma is one of the most genuine and known name in Fiat fraternity at least in NCR, I also found the experience with Landmark Fiat (Now JEEP) motinagar satisfactory.
Mr. Saurabh and Mr. Devinder were able to address the issues satisfactorily.
Old 12th June 2019, 17:43   #3197
BHPian

Decided to get a new set of shoes for my Jet at Madhus last Saturday as my Hankooks had started to wear thin, and with the rains approaching I didn't want to take a chance.

I would have gone for the same set of Hankooks, but unfortunately they are no longer available in Bangalore. So based on discussions on chat groups and on this site I zeroed in on the Michelin Primacy 4 ST though the MRF Perfinza came a close second. Took a little more than an hour to change, balance and align the car.

First impressions are very good. I thought the Hankooks were quiet, but these Michelin's take it up a notch or two. Ride is nice and pliant, and I love the way they round off sharp edges. Not taken it on the highway as yet so no idea about high speed behavior.

All in all, very pleased for now.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-combo.jpg
Hankook Ventus Evo V12 (inset) and the Michelin Primacy 4 ST

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-madhus2.jpg
The tyre looks like it has a rounder and taller sidewall compared to the Hankooks which looked flat from the side.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-madhus1.jpg
This has to be a really rare occurrence. Two T-Jet's getting worked on at the same time
keroo1099 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 14th June 2019, 13:06   #3198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikhar10882 View Post
Please do let me know what final diagnosis comes for your car.
Took the car to the A.S.S on Saturday. I informed the S.A. about the issues. The car was sent for a TD and later diagnosed using the computer. The mechanic who drove the car said that there is nothing abnormal with the car. Following explanations were given for the issues I had mentioned:

a) Starting problem: Might have happened due to carbon deposit in petrol
b) Drop in mileage from 12 to 9: happens in summer
c) Increase in CO emission from 0.017 to 0.252: Is well within the prescribed limit of 0.5

I tried to convince the SA to get the timing checked, but he was firm that there is no issue with the timing.
Old 16th June 2019, 01:45   #3199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBond007 View Post
a) Starting problem: Might have happened due to carbon deposit in petrol
b) Drop in mileage from 12 to 9: happens in summer
c) Increase in CO emission from 0.017 to 0.252: Is well within the prescribed limit of 0.5

I tried to convince the SA to get the timing checked, but he was firm that there is no issue with the timing.
I also observed the FE drop to 9, though heat was a culprit but somehow the change in acceleration as the weather cooled down coupled with knocking in high gear high load scenarios, prompted me to request my SA to take out the plugs during the scheduled service.

And as suspected they were black as coal with kne covered in Carbon. On replacing the spark plugs my FE is back to the normal 10+ in city and the engine feels normal now.

Since you mention that you had starting problems as well, in addition to the timing, i think u might as well get the spark plugs checked as well.

You also mention the carbon issue another indicator of suboptimal combustion which could be due to the plugs.
Another data point to check wud be the values of LTFT and STFT along with the O2 sensor data from the ECM.

Last edited by adneo : 16th June 2019 at 01:50.
adneo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2019, 11:21   #3200
BHPian

Thanks for the inputs . Will get the plugs checked during my next visit.
Old 17th June 2019, 18:20   #3201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
Decided to get a new set of shoes for my Jet at Madhus last Saturday as my Hankooks had started to wear thin, and with the rains approaching I didn't want to take a chance.

........ I zeroed in on the Michelin Primacy 4 ST though the MRF Perfinza came a close second. Took a little more than an hour to change, balance and align the car......
Congrats ! I got my tyres replaced too on 8th June(posted here (MRF launches new asymmetrical tyres called 'Perfinza')) We could exchange notes on this - It would be a good comparison.

Btw, How much were the tyres?

Also, since I was balancing after a long long time my wheels seemed to be terribly out of balance. The 4 wheels took in all 375gms. I am not sure if its normal.
Old 17th June 2019, 18:25   #3202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post

Btw, How much were the tyres?

Also, since I was balancing after a long long time my wheels seemed to be terribly out of balance. The 4 wheels took in all 375gms. I am not sure if its normal.
The cost worked out to about INR 8,500/tyre.

My weights worked out to a lot less. Around 35gms on two, and 75 on the remaining.

You are welcome to come and try out the tyres if you want.
keroo1099 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2019, 11:40   #3203
BHPian

Quote:
The cost worked out to about INR 8,500/tyre.

My weights worked out to a lot less. Around 35gms on two, and 75 on the remaining.

You are welcome to come and try out the tyres if you want.
And I paid around 6.9K/tyre. Quite a difference.

Thanks for that offer - and not just the tyres, but the Intercooler and CAI set up as well.

There used be some Fiat meetups - I accompanied Rajan (patchyboy) a couple of times - anything coming up now in the near future?
Old 19th June 2019, 16:52   #3204
BHPian

Vecto Motors have closed down. They suggested taking the car to PPS motors for service or repairs. Anyone here visited PPS motors before?

There was a very friendly and helpful SA Shivakumar in Vecto who oversaw all my car's services in the past few years. If anyone has his personal contact no. please PM me.
Old 21st June 2019, 20:48   #3205
BHPian

Any idea how much does the labor for replacing a compressor cost?

The compressor gave up after 6 years of service and is costing 35K. For the labor, do we just recharge the gas or clean all the pipes as well?
Old 21st June 2019, 22:58   #3206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKis View Post
Any idea how much does the labor for replacing a compressor cost?
AC Compressor of our ~10 year old Punto MJD gave up at 2.41 lakh kms. The compressor oil had turned black, so went ahead with replacement of associated parts as well (have no immediate plans to upgrade the car).

Attaching the bill for your reference :

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-1301.jpeg

Last edited by Klub Class : 21st June 2019 at 23:00.
Klub Class is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2019, 23:17   #3207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
AC Compressor of our ~10 year old Punto MJD gave up at 2.41 lakh kms. The compressor oil had turned black, so went ahead with replacement of associated parts as well (have no immediate plans to upgrade the car).

Attaching the bill for your reference :

Attachment 1886931
Thanks for this break up. Thats some serious kilometers for the compressor to give up . Mine gave up at 45K.

Assuming that, have to replace only the compressor and the associated parts (Gas) the labor works out to be Rs.3500 only.

But the FASS gave me an estimate of like 10K. They also said that they might have to open the dashboard and clean the pipes which sounded scary.

Not sure why you had to replace the condenser too?
Old 22nd June 2019, 07:14   #3208
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post

[/ATTACH]
Awesome! Thanks for sharing!
2.41L km

Good you went and replaced the compressor and evaporator rather than trying to repair. Prices look reasonable too. I also love to keep my cars for a long period and drive them like they are meant to be driven. Wish you many more years and kilometers with the Fiat.
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2019, 08:02   #3209
BHPian

Hi guys. I own a 2016 Tjet and completed my free warranty period last month. I would like to explore wolf remap for my car. I am based out of Chennai - wanted to check where I can get this done? Also any feedback from existing owners who have done remap in terms of performance, maintenance in the longer run?
Old 17th July 2019, 19:48   #3210
BHPian

Quote:
Did you get a chance to go on a highway/spirited drive? If so, how do these fare when compared to the Hankooks in terms of road noise, grip, steering feel etc.?

I'd also be in the market for a new set in a few months and I'm confused between P4ST and Perfinza. The unknown life of the Perfinzas is a concern. Even though the Perfinzas are a little less expensive, it'd make no difference if they wear out some 10-15k km earlier than the P4s (assuming that the P4s last as long as the P3s did).

Last edited by theredliner : 17th July 2019 at 19:50.

Most Viewed