Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2010, 16:46   #316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
I am totally totally confused. The heart says TJet and head says Vento !!!
As of now, i will stick to heart. Can anyone here suggest to me otherwise ??

@vinay_ss - where did you book your car ? Which color ?
I booked at Prerna Motors and the color is hip hop black. I cant wait for tomorrow, when my car will be delivered
Old 11th November 2010, 17:40   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Well, apart from the dull design, the Vento interiors are class apart. Not even a single ill fitting panel or loose end. The plastics are also the best. However, if you compare in totality, I will still go for the T-Jet, reason? 1.4Turbo engine. It feels faster than the 11 sec suggest.

Another perspective though:- I have said this before and will say this again- Most people tend to buy cars based on their pre fixed upper limits. If that is the case, its game on. Reason- Vento TDI Highline and Linea T-Jet Plus cost almost the same, despite running different fuels. In fact, ANHC also falls in the same price range. So, sensible choice will be:

Vento TDI v/s Linea T-Jet v/s ANHC:- Can you ignore the diesel mileage factor? If yes, go for the T-Jet. If not go for Vento TDI. If you want to play safe, ANHC.

BTW, there is nothing wrong with Vento Pentol. Its just that the diesel is superb
But are we considering the long term total cost of ownership of diesel v/s petrol ??? T-Jet gives power of diesel at a maintenance cost of Petrol.

Also we should not forget the long list of features provided in T-Jet+ missing in equally priced Vento D and higher priced ANHC. (I read the 16" alloys and 205 tyres again and again apart from other Lineatic bells and whistles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay_ss View Post
I booked at Prerna Motors and the color is hip hop black. I cant wait for tomorrow, when my car will be delivered
Wish I could have joined.. Anyways please share the ownership exp ASAP. That decides the fate one more Linea T-Jet+.

Last edited by Speed Pujari : 11th November 2010 at 17:45.
Old 12th November 2010, 00:02   #318
BHPian

Today morning around 12 pm spotted a Sunbeam Beige numberless Linea being driven in Hyderabad from Gachibowli towards Kondapur - Looks like it will be available for Test drive & launch in Hyd soon !
Old 12th November 2010, 00:50   #319
BHPian

Guys,

Just was browsing the net and came across this review by a owner of T-Jet+. Esp the thing that interested me was the real life mileage.. the owner has claimed that he gets close to 12km/lt in city and on his drive from Mumbai to Kochi he has got 17.4km/lt (88lts of Petrol for 1530kms of driving).. I felt the mileage figures were good for a powerful/heavy "Petrol" car..

I am just giving the link.. for you to read as well..

FIAT LINEA T JET Review, FIAT LINEA T JET Price, FIAT LINEA T JET Mileage, FIAT LINEA T JET Models, FIAT LINEA T JET India, ownership review of linea Tjet+ - MouthShut.com

Last edited by Sathya_sc : 12th November 2010 at 00:53. Reason: Corrected a Typo...
Old 12th November 2010, 11:16   #320
BHPian

Vinay_SS: All the best. Hope you get your car today and we get a review about the entire process as well as first drive with your car.

Suprising that so many people on TBHP were waiting for a T-Jet and yet no one had bought one! Eagerly waiting to hear about your initial review.
Old 12th November 2010, 12:19   #321
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHed View Post

Today I will be booking T-Jet Plus at Prerana Motors. But sadly no discounts. Pdi will be done on Friday. Hope the sales process goes on smoothly.
I just finished the Pdi of my LINEA T-Jet! Car was a bit dusty. Checked the car as per the Team-Bhp Pdi checklist.

There was a small issue with rear door alignment. I waited and got it corrected. Otherwise, All is well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay_ss View Post
Prerana Motors, Lalbagh road?

Last edited by EARTHed : 12th November 2010 at 12:20.
Old 12th November 2010, 12:29   #322
BHPian

Way to go !! its good to see the City killer. Although its the size of david in terms brand.
Old 12th November 2010, 12:41   #323
Senior - BHPian

I am really glad to see this.

Hoping for more(atleast 200 folds) increase in the numbers. May be one addition from my side too. Its on the cards.

Way to go Fiat!
Old 12th November 2010, 14:26   #324

Quote:
I just finished the Pdi of my LINEA T-Jet! Car was a bit dusty. Checked the car as per the Team-Bhp Pdi checklist.

There was a small issue with rear door alignment. I waited and got it corrected. Otherwise, All is well.

Prerana Motors, Lalbagh road?
Congrats !!
When will you be taking delivery of the TJET
Please post the initial ownership experience.
There are many persons in this forum, whose TJET purchase decision is pending waiting for feedback from the early birds who bought the TJET.

Thanks
Old 12th November 2010, 14:39   #325
BHPian

Went for yet another test drive of T-Jet. Each drive is more impressive than the other.
This time we went on the highway towards the airport. And the highway handling is superb.
Highspeed turning, braking at high speed, handling on rough roads - everything was tested. And not surprised it comes out with flying colours. I showed it to my family, who were also floored with the "luxury", unlike me ..(for the T-Jet engine)

The only question dodging me is "If even the T-Jet fails to attract people, then what for Fiat's future ??"

Even though I dont know the answer, I am still inclined to the T-Jet. I most probably will book the Sunbeam Beiege at Prerana motors next week.

Taking my family to the Vento TD tomorrow and then deciding !! as of now 80-20 favour towards T-Jet.
Old 12th November 2010, 15:34   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDay View Post
Here are pics of 4 T-Jet's bought by my friends.

2 are beige, 1 is wine and 1 black one.
Attachment 452146

Attachment 452148

Attachment 452149

Attachment 452147

Source: Linky
I always felt that FIAT sells most of their Linea's in Bangalore. If they had launched the T-jet in Bangalore last month, October sales would have almost doubled from the 700. I'm expecting it to happen that in November sales.
Old 12th November 2010, 15:45   #327
BHPian

Nice to see the ever increasing number of Tjet owners here (self / family / friends).... I'm all sold for the Tjet, unfortunately have to wait till March-April 2011 till i can get my hands on one - have to finish the EMIs on my Baleno first

And yes - I'm yet to TD the Tjet (but that's gonna be my nex baby for sure)
Old 12th November 2010, 16:25   #328

Hi GTO,

Since you have tested the TJET thoroughly how many kms did you get to drive, please can you share this info ?
Also, did you note the fuel efficiency figures it gave in the city/highway runs ?

among the cons you have mentioned -""Long throw, rubbery gear shift is the only fly in the fun-to-drive ointment""
is there any chance to change the gear system after purchase or improve the gear shift to make it more precise and like a short throw?
I too found this as a sore point while test driving the Linea MJD

please share this info with the forum members.

Thanks

Last edited by swifts : 12th November 2010 at 16:37. Reason: added info about gear shift
Old 12th November 2010, 17:58   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifts View Post
Hi GTO,

Since you have tested the TJET thoroughly how many kms did you get to drive, please can you share this info ?
Also, did you note the fuel efficiency figures it gave in the city/highway runs ?

among the cons you have mentioned -""Long throw, rubbery gear shift is the only fly in the fun-to-drive ointment""
is there any chance to change the gear system after purchase or improve the gear shift to make it more precise and like a short throw?
I too found this as a sore point while test driving the Linea MJD

please share this info with the forum members.

Thanks
@Swifts: Regarding the gear shift, i had asked a similar question....
GTO's comment below:
"A short-shifter isn't everyone's cup of tea. For one, the gearshift could require higher effort. Second, the Linea is anyways geared for long-armed Italians and I feel a shorter gear lever could mess up ergonomics."
Old 12th November 2010, 18:14   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow! Do start an ownership report once you receive the keys in your hand

Quote:
I guess they have fixed the issue to your satisfaction.

Amith

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks