Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2020, 18:59   #3286
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by meples View Post
Let me start by saying, I’m 8 years late to the party!

Yes, I bought a Linea TJET! It’s a 2012 model, top trim, in top shape.
Congratulations, Meples! It's a brilliant car to own. Eight years on and I face a tough time finding a decent upgrade unless I spend a fortune on the next car.

Be careful if you get the work done at Landmark. I had a terrible experience there. I have found Anupam's team at WOS much more responsive and accountable.

Wish you many happy miles on it. Once the lockdown gets over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Don't you think the price paid is rather high for an 8 year old TJet, especially, since there's no FIAT in India. I think you've paid more than 100% of what's the car's worth. Enjoy your ride, all the same.
I don't understand the point in your post. He has already spent the money and in all likelihood won't go to negotiate now or claim a refund. Apart from spoiling his buying experience, the information you have shared serves no other purpose.
Biraj is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th April 2020, 19:10   #3287
BHPian

Congratulations man. If the car is in a good enough condition, a little bit of premium doesn't even matter in the long run. There is no set template for a used car and joy that it can bring to one's life. So, don't let anything bring down the experience.

It's sad that we're not able to drive around these days, but once all this is over, wish you happy miles ahead. Keep sharing your ownership with this beast.
AZ911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2020, 19:37   #3288
BHPian

Congrats brother what you got is somewhat like a collector's item. Enjoy it as much as you can, as long as you can, no matter what the general population tells you. I know you will, because you already experienced a Fiat once.

PS. 5 years back I walked in to a Fiat showroom and got myself a punto Evo. Countless drives, memories and 81000 Kms later I still have only one regret; that I didn't go and buy a Tjet that day.
Night Raven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2020, 01:45   #3289
BHPian

Reposting my query.

Replacement of all fluids is due in my TJet. However, the service center in Noida closed down and the one in Delhi has discouraging reviews. I am planning to buy all the fluids and get them replaced by either by a GoMechanic garage or by some other garage with good unpaid reviews.

One of the major challenges I am facing is the procurement of fluids (gear oil and power steering oil). I tried looking online, but they are not available anywhere except 99rpm and I am not sure whether 99rpm is functional or not. Here is the list of fluids:

a) Tutela Technyx 75W85
b) Tutela GI/E
c) Paraflu Up : This is available on Bodomo

Queries:

1) Are there any substitutes for the gear oil and the power steering oil or should I stick to the Petronas ones?

2) Is changing of fluids a major work that should only be done in A.S.S? What are the chances of goof-up?

3) Is the gear oil drain bolt or washer changed during the fluid change? Couple of videos on youtube suggest that the washer must be changed?

Last edited by MBond007 : 7th June 2020 at 01:46.
Old 7th June 2020, 10:37   #3290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBond007 View Post
Reposting my query.

Replacement of all fluids is due in my TJet. However, the service center in Noida closed down and the one in Delhi has discouraging reviews. I am planning to buy all the fluids and get them replaced by either by a GoMechanic garage or by some other garage with good unpaid reviews.

One of the major challenges I am facing is the procurement of fluids (gear oil and power steering oil). I tried looking online, but they are not available anywhere except 99rpm and I am not sure whether 99rpm is functional or not.
I get my Abarth Punto serviced from Landmark Moti nagar or Gurgaon. Mechanicals are the same as the T jet and its best to stick to company service centre with recommended fluids. I get excellent service from them. Most of it depends on the kind of job done and the rapport you build. Plan a visit to Okhla and ask for Sanjay and Bhagwan (both senior technicians). They know their work inside and out.
Gurgaon too is good.

Mod Note - Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!

Last edited by Sheel : 2nd July 2020 at 11:39. Reason: Mod note attached.
sidindica is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 17:13   #3291
BHPian

Hey buddy, I would recommend you to try World Of Service in Sector 67. I take my T-Jet for service there since three years, and they are good , I think they are open now. Anupam is the owner, and he is a good guy. 9310052424 is his contact number.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBond007 View Post
Reposting my query.
xaero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 22:37   #3292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Raven View Post
Congrats brother what you got is somewhat like a collector's item. Enjoy it as much as you can, as long as you can, no matter what the general population tells you. I know you will, because you already experienced a Fiat once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ911 View Post
Congratulations man. If the car is in a good enough condition, a little bit of premium doesn't even matter in the long run. There is no set template for a used car and joy that it can bring to one's life. So, don't let anything bring down the experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Congratulations, Meples! It's a brilliant car to own. Eight years on and I face a tough time finding a decent upgrade unless I spend a fortune on the next car.

Wish you many happy miles on it. Once the lockdown gets over.
Thank you for your encouraging words. This was purely a heart vs head decision. I hope things keep running fine as they are now *fingers crossed*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Don't you think the price paid is rather high for an 8 year old TJet, especially, since there's no FIAT in India. I think you've paid more than 100% of what's the car's worth. Enjoy your ride, all the same.
Thank you sir I didn't think it that way. I paid for what it was worth. And, there was no Fiat in India even when they were here. So I knew I was on my own. Just curious, would you say the same thing about an 8-year old Honda City?

Mod Note - Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 2nd July 2020 at 11:38. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 5th July 2020, 19:49   #3293
BHPian

Trust me, I have sold 2 Linea Tjet in the last 5 years in Bangalore. The second-hand car market in Bangalore is expensive. The price you paid for well-maintained Tjet Plus which has run only 14K is the right price. Maybe if you had haggled you could have saved 15-20K which won't matter in the long run. Just enjoy the ride .

Quote:
Thank you for your encouraging words. This was purely a heart vs head decision. I hope things keep running fine as they are now *fingers crossed*

Thank you sir I didn't think it that way. I paid for what it was worth. And, there was no Fiat in India even when they were here. So I knew I was on my own. Just curious, would you say the same thing about an 8-year old Honda City?

Mod Note - Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.
amit1agrawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 09:37   #3294
BHPian

Hi All,
A quick ownership update by a newbie.
I own a Linea T-Jet which completed 6.5 years couple of days before. Odometer is inching towards 51K. No hiccups in ownership till date and sincerely hope this continues.

Positives -
- A very beautiful and European design. Clean and matured. Still turn heads and make me to look back after it's parked.
- Love the ride, stance and solid build quality.
- Feature loaded.
- Performance offered by the turbo petrol engine.

Negatives -
- Gear shift feel isn't good as others. Worsens further if you are in heavy traffic conditions.
- Space offered. Though no problem for me, its not a 5 seater for most of the average built persons. My parents told that its easier to sit 5 in Tiago than Linea.
- FASS quality. People are good but be prepared to go more than once for fixing an issue.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-a2d9b4b716af4eca83c7f6c9dc5d53b1.jpeg
abhi_tjet is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 8th July 2020, 03:29   #3295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
I own a Linea T-Jet which completed 6.5 years couple of days before.
Beautiful color. I did not know this shade of blue was available.

Have you replaced your suspension struts? The car appears to be riding a lot higher than my 2011 Linea T Jet (Now sold).

While rear seat legroom is less than some current day hatchbacks, I find the seat posture, angle and under thigh support excellent.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2020, 08:47   #3296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I did not know this shade of blue was available.
Have you replaced your suspension struts?
I find the seat posture, angle and under thigh support excellent.
Thanks Sandeep. Yes, this color was only available around 10 months or so when Tjet was relaunched in June 2013. They didn't provided this color in Linea facelift. Tjet in this Oceanic Blue shade is further rare.

Regarding suspension, its OEM. I haven't lowered it. I consider this as a strong point in our driving conditions. This was one of the positive when i compared it with other sedans during my car evaluation phase.

You are again right regarding back seat. Under thigh support is one of the best due to the big seat base and very comfortable over long drives. Rear leg room isnt that of much issue to me.
Old 8th July 2020, 10:10   #3297
BHPian

Quote:

I own a Linea T-Jet which completed 6.5 years couple of days before. Odometer is inching towards 51K. No hiccups in ownership till date and sincerely hope this continues.

Attachment 2026190
The Linea looks stunning in Oceanic Blue. I have a Grande Punto in the same shade. It's a difficult colour to maintain and yours looks brand new!

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-whatsapp-image-20200705-8.23.54-pm.jpeg
meples is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2020, 11:01   #3298
BHPian

@abhi_tjet

Yours must be one of the last lot before the face-lift which came with the high GC setup. It's almost impossible to go back to the low GC unless you can source used low GC springs (no production and stock), or you are willing to try Cobra springs with stock struts to get the stance of the original Linea.

Lovely color.
keroo1099 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2020, 11:03   #3299
BHPian

Quote:
. I have a Grande Punto in the same shade. It's a difficult colour to maintain and yours looks brand new!
Thank You! Yours look stunning as well!
I am aware that you are also an owner of a Linea Tjet as per the recent posts. Congratulations for that as well.
Old 8th July 2020, 13:54   #3300
BHPian

Quote:
Thank You! Yours look stunning as well!
I am aware that you are also an owner of a Linea Tjet as per the recent posts. Congratulations for that as well.
Thanks @abhi_tjet! Yes, I drive a Linea Tjet too. Recently bought, pre-worshipped. I had planned a lot of weekend driving in the car, but then the lockdown happened. Now all I do is walk downstairs and check her out from different sides
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-whatsapp-image-20200708-1.51.06-pm.jpeg  

meples is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed