Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2020, 14:30   #3301
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
Hi All,
A quick ownership update by a newbie.
I own a Linea T-Jet which completed 6.5 years couple of days before. Odometer is inching towards 51K. No hiccups in ownership till date and sincerely hope this continues.

P[/ATTACH]
Am your FIAT doppelganger!

I own a 6.5 year old Oceanic Blue Linea Tjet which has currently done close to 51K kms and that too in Pune.

My ownership can be found here though havent updated it much over the years due to a lack of focus.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...omes-home.html (Belleza Clara: The beautiful Fiat Linea T-Jet comes home!)

Last edited by JayKis : 8th July 2020 at 14:33.
JayKis is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2020, 14:51   #3302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKis View Post
Am your FIAT doppelganger!
I own a 6.5 year old Oceanic Blue Linea Tjet which has currently done close to 51K kms and that too in Pune.
HaHaHa! I am aware of your Linea Tjet thread buddy. Mine is Nov 2013 manufactured, Jan 2014 registered. I suppose yours is couple of months older than mine.
One more trivia - My SA as well was Gurnain K. Just like yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
@abhi_tjet

Yours must be one of the last lot before the face-lift which came with the high GC setup.
Lovely color.
Thanks buddy. I am very happy with the OEM set up. No plan for any suspension upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meples View Post
check her out from different sides
Typical Fiat owner behaviour
Old 15th July 2020, 12:38   #3303
BHPian

My Jet was due for its major service in March (6th year) so off it went to my friends garage and then the first lock down happened which ended up being bad news for the car. Sometime during those 21 days it looks like someone climbed the hood and walked/sat all over the roof causing it to look like a mild version of the surface of the moon. Decided not to fret about it and try and get the roof and hood pulled/tinkered without having to completely repaint both areas and I must say the final result isn't bad at all considering the state it was in.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-roof.jpg

The roof liner had to be removed to help cajole to roof back into shape and guess what we found. No 'B' pillar brace! which is very surprising.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-roof2.jpg

My front seat squabs were beginning to sag a little so I had them stuffed back to shape with a little more side bolstering. the extra side bolstering does make the seat a little more snug.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-old-vs-new-seat.jpg

The rubber bushings on my lower arms are cut slightly but because of courier issues my replacement arms are stuck in Mumbai. Will replace when I can have them shipped across at a RESONABLE price. Please note bushes are integrated with the arm so you can't just get a bush kit and replace like most other cars.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-lower-arms.jpg

Though the car is 6 years old it really hasn't done much running with the ODO standing at about 36K, so I expected the belts to be in decent shape and they were except for the alternator belt which was showing signs of hardening with major cracking.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-old-belts.jpg

I had to also change my spark plugs as we found that a couple were leaking current into the ceramic body which is really strange since these are OE NGK plugs procured from FASS. The leaking current was probably the reason I had a slightly rough idle even when the car was at operating temperature.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-corroded-sp.jpg

I have been using Xado 5W-40 synthetic since the first service and have been very happy with the result so saw no sense in switching brands. The gearbox, brake oil and coolant were all fine so didn't replace them, but did replace the fuel filter and cabin filter.

Sometime in February the front passenger window started to make strange noises and wouldn't seal properly unless given a 'helping' hand. On investigating we found that the plastic clip that holds the glass and pushes it up had sheared and in typical Fiat style one had to buy the whole assembly (expensive) if you wanted it to work again. Luckily my mechanic managed to get the clip from a non working unit for almost nothing which means the front window is back in business.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-window-clip001.jpg

Thanks to S2!!! and blackwasp I managed to get a set of Abarth springs to try and lower the back end of my high GC setup. I like many had assumed that the Abarth with its slightly lower setup would have shorter springs, but no, horror of horrors the height of my high GC coils is almost identical to the Abarth's and when fitted the car actually rides about a half inch higher!! Damn

So for now will live with my hybrid setup using low GC struts and high GC coils which actually works really well but looks odd

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-high-gc-vs-abarth-rear.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-abarth-rear-springs.jpg

That's about it for now, stay safe.
keroo1099 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 07:59   #3304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
I had to also change my spark plugs as we found that a couple were leaking current into the ceramic body which is really strange since these are OE NGK plugs procured from FASS.
Oh man. That looks like blow by taking place. Either the result of what you say or plugs fitted loose, worked their way loose, which is highly unlike.

I am now wondering if it was a blow by issue, or worn out high tension leads were the problem on my car. I did not experience a rough or irregular idle. While lugging is not ideal, there are times I used to do it out of laziness. The fact that I knew the engine was not feeling strained and there was sufficient torque at a given rpm, but the throttle pedal used to feel almost lifeless at times, especially when negotiating a steep apartment ramp or a hair pin bend. This was in the 5th year of owning the car. Never happened before.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 16th July 2020 at 08:00.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 08:30   #3305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Oh man. That looks like blow by taking place. Either the result of what you say or plugs fitted loose, worked their way loose, which is highly unlike.
Pretty sure it's not because of loose plugs or HT cables. Will use this set for a few hundred km and check again.

Mine had a mild vibration from day one, but since it didn't irritate me I let it be. With the remap it's even harder to tell if one is lugging the engine so yeah, have to be careful.
Old 22nd July 2020, 17:43   #3306
BHPian

Which dashboard mobile holder is the best for the Linea? I own the updated version of Linea and could not place the Ringke holder anywhere since the dashboard surface is curved and had to return it.

Any suggestions from folks here? Looking only for a dashboard mobile holder and not a windscreen holder since I want an uncluttered view up front.
whencut86 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 12:10   #3307
GBX
BHPian

Saw a brand new Tjet yesterday in Chennai with "Registered" and an RJ number written on paper on the rear windscreen.

What's going on here? Are there still new Tjets/Puntos available for sale?
Old 16th August 2020, 20:09   #3308

Long time lurker and first time poster.

I've been a proud owner of a Tuscan Win Tjet since 2011 that has given me quite some problems but immense joy when it's functioning well.

It's been quite and a time and I need my lovely Tjet to get a new pair of shoes.

I was looking at the Michelin P4 ST, are they still one of the better set of wheels to get?

I was thinking of contacting the dealers listed in the Michelin india site. I'm located in Delhi.

Also I was running the prescribed 36/33 tyre pressure but after reading this thread I think I'll drop to 32/30.
abhinit90 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 20:34   #3309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinit90 View Post
I was looking at the Michelin P4 ST, are they still one of the better set of wheels to get?

Also I was running the prescribed 36/33 tyre pressure but after reading this thread I think I'll drop to 32/30.
Yes the P4ST is a solid choice in this price category. Provides a great balance between grip and comfort. I have been using them on my 2019 City for 11000kms now and they have performed very well thus far. You can go for these on your Linea without worries.
Old 20th August 2020, 19:44   #3310
BHPian

Quote:

I've been a proud owner of a Tuscan Win Tjet since 2011 that has given me quite some problems but immense joy when it's functioning well.

It's been quite and a time and I need my lovely Tjet to get a new pair of shoes.

I was thinking of contacting the dealers listed in the Michelin india site. I'm located in Delhi.

You may try the GoodYear Assurance Triplemax 2's also. Fantastic performance on my T Jet Plus so far.

GY's 205/55 R16's are cheaper by 2000 bucks a piece than the P4ST's
Old 23rd August 2020, 20:50   #3311
BHPian

Hello BHPians!

Anyone among you owning the 2010-2011 model of the Linea facing leaking issue in the cabin? I have tried finding the leakage point around the roof and door to no avail. Inputs greatly appreciated.
Old 23rd August 2020, 21:58   #3312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxy.danger View Post
Hello BHPians!

Anyone among you owning the 2010-2011 model of the Linea facing leaking issue in the cabin? I have tried finding the leakage point around the roof and door to no avail. Inputs greatly appreciated.
It could be the antenna seal. Where does the water appear in the cabin?
--gKrish-- is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 11:47   #3313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by --gKrish-- View Post
It could be the antenna seal. Where does the water appear in the cabin?
There is water accumulation in the rear left floor.
The front edges of the roof lining are wet plus there was slight water accumulation in the cabin light above the gear lever.
Old 24th August 2020, 11:54   #3314
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
Which dashboard mobile holder is the best for the Linea? I own the updated version of Linea and could not place the Ringke holder anywhere since the dashboard surface is curved and had to return it.
I own a Punto evo and I'm using Tantra twist Dash board mount which works flawlessly on Fiat's dash. You can buy it from amazon. It holds my 6.5" phone well.

Quote:
Welcome Fiatian.

Quote:
I've been a proud owner of a Tuscan Win Tjet since 2011 that has given me quite some problems but immense joy when it's functioning well. It's been quite and a time and I need my lovely Tjet to get a new pair of shoes. I was looking at the Michelin P4 ST, are they still one of the better set of wheels to get?
Fiats give very happy long lasting ownership experience. Even today the 1.4 turbo petrol can excel among the latest BS6 turbo petrol offerings in market. On tyre front anyday I would recommend Michelins for peace of mind. P4STs are good shoes for tjet. Many users have good experience and life with them.

Quote:
The car jumps at 36 tyre pressure. Every bump will hit on driver/passengers. I own a Punto 90 and the 16" alloys on it. Tyre pressures at 32 is most optimum for comfortable ride.

Last edited by KPR : 24th August 2020 at 12:08. Reason: Used multi quote to avoid back to back posts.
Old 24th August 2020, 14:13   #3315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
I own a Punto evo and I'm using Tantra twist Dash board mount which works flawlessly on Fiat's dash. You can buy it from amazon. It holds my 6.5" phone well.
Thank You. This is currently not available on Amazon. Have ordered the Zapp pro dashboard mobile mount for now. Reviews for Zapp seems to suggest it is good on a wide variety of cars.
whencut86 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks