Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2020, 18:36   #3316
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Hi All,

I got my TJet serviced last Friday from a FNG. All fluids were changed in the service. Since the gear oil was not in stock I went back today to get that changed. When I came back and parked the car, I saw a small patch of fluid on the ground (near the front passenger side tyre). Since the amount of fluid was negligible, it was hard to figure out what it was. Went back for a quick inspection a few minutes back and saw this.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img_20200915_1805311.jpg

If you zoom in you will find that there is definite wetness in the rod connecting the engine to the wheel. The car has been standing since last 6 hours, wonder whether this is condensation.

Look from the top

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img_20200915_1803377.jpg

Another observation is that the coolant level has dipped slightly, couple of days back it was just above the Max mark, now it is just below it. Is the coolant leaking? Pl share your valuable inputs.
MBond007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2020, 13:19   #3317
BHPian

Friends,
Today I am a proud owner pre worshiped Tjet Emotion 42k white 2013 model, in prestine condition. Owner is known to me, Tyres changed at 35K, complete service done yesterday with alternate change as it went kaput. Paid 34k by owner. Havent driven much but feels as a good buy. I already have a S cross and Yaris CVT
drsnt is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th September 2020, 13:58   #3318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsnt View Post
Friends,
Today I am a proud owner pre worshiped Tjet Emotion 42k white 2013 model, in prestine condition. Owner is known to me, Tyres changed at 35K, complete service done yesterday with alternate change as it went kaput. Paid 34k by owner. Havent driven much but feels as a good buy. I already have a S cross and Yaris CVT
Congratulations and welcome to the Tjet family!

Here is to wishing you many more miles at the helm of a sorted, powerful turbo petrol steered by hydraulic steering, reined in by all 4 discs and sprinkled with typical Italian idiosyncrasies.
sai_ace is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2020, 10:06   #3319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
Congratulations and welcome to the Tjet family!

Here is to wishing you many more miles at the helm of a sorted, powerful turbo petrol steered by hydraulic steering, reined in by all 4 discs and sprinkled with typical Italian idiosyncrasies.
Thank you, There were two main reasons for the purchase although the service center is 120 kms away. First was the car itself, I could never get mental makeup to put money in brand new Tjet as I change my cars in few years. I always loved Tjet. Second reason was the peanuts I paid for this beauty. This car was destined to come to my house. I would say it as completely as act of god.
This particular car was my patient's and I have been seeing this car since its purchase. I had sold my S cross recently as my running was just 8-10K per year. It is 5 years and 39k kms old and supposed to go today to new owner. I do once or twice a year highway runs to my native place. Few of unfortunate incidents in which the back seat passengers suffered fatal and serious injuries but front ones were saved due to airbags made me to buy Yaris CVT with 7 airbags. So now my S cross was only running in city with Yaris doing highway runs. I was in search for a small 2nd hand car for last 1 month but realised that the 2nd hand car prices have rocketed and good cars were exorbitantly priced. I was looking at 3L for a Alto or approx 4L for a wagon R. Honestly I was disappointed and was rethinking my decision to sell S Cross. But even it was sold at good price being 5 yrs old. One fine day this week this gentleman walks into clinic, He was now putting up in metro as his wife was not well. He mentioned that he needed a small automatic car and was buying Ignis. I asked him about Linea. He said that it's in service center in Ranchi and he has left it there to be sold. I asked him how much he expected. He said 2.5L VoilaI thought. without skipping a second I said I will buy. Transferred money to him the same day, went to the service centre to get acquiented to service people and to know if anything pending in car. Found that full service was done, alternator changed, next service after 15k or 1 year. Owner paid 34k for service and handed the car to me. And here was a car I always wanted to own, fully serviced, bought at a dream price at which I was not even getting Alto. Bought car home, gave it for complete interior cleaning, external detailing. So as they say" it was destined to come to my house the day I first saw it outside my clinic"
drsnt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2020, 10:27   #3320
BHPian

Now the things I need advises on, Please suggest
1. Pathetic low beam, just ok high beams. I checked both bulb on left side and they are fine. Right side does not have access to bulb due to air filter. I need suggestion on upgrade. Dont want to put a lot of money. Can I install higher wattage bulb or should i go for Osram NB or Philips premium bulbs in same wattage? I dont want to take any risk.
2. I hear slight rumbling sound on bad roads like the one with bad bushes, Smooth roads it runs like a dream. Do i need to get suspension checked or is it normal. I checked tyre pressure and it was lower at 29, got it corrected. Ride does feel bouncy than my S cross. Yaris is in different league.
3. I redlined it today morning and I could hear another whine beside normal turbo, I got afraid but then i remembered that its fan sound is very high and intrusive, Sound went away after few minutes. Am i correct about the sound?
4. I could see rust in boot, a water bottle had leaked inside and it was flodded. Even the spare tyre rim had rust. I believe that water was stangnant there for long time. I could not see any drain plug in boot, I plan to get it painted. even hinges have a bit or rust. Is there any chance that water is seaping into boot during rain? Anyone faced such problem?
5. What is the setting for Auto light sentivity and wiper. I mean at what number it is ok to keep?
6. I tried updating the Blue and me but stopped just before uploading file as only benefit i could see in list was Iphone connectivity. Can anyone confirm if I could play music from bluetooth after update or not? Would not update if theres no benefit.
7. Saw Aux cables being sold at amazon for 350 bucks. Anyone tried them? That have a pin attachment to be done at back of system.
8. Very slight leather wear from two places, any solution? These spots are looking bad with otherwise neat interiors.
9. Can I fit normal wipers? Linea seems to have a different attachment system? Any online suggestions are welcomed.
10. What bulb type is in fogs? I could not see details in manual.
11. Anyone upgraded horn? I usually install Hella crome in my cars, Is there a space for it?

Thank you in Advance
Old 4th October 2020, 20:09   #3321
BHPian

Quote:

2. I hear slight rumbling sound on bad roads like the one with bad bushes,
3. I redlined it today morning and I could hear another whine beside normal turbo,
4. Is there any chance that water is seaping into boot during rain? Anyone faced such problem?
5. I mean at what number it is ok to keep?
6. Can anyone confirm if I could play music from bluetooth after update or not?

8. Very slight leather wear from two places, any solution? These spots are looking bad with otherwise neat interiors.
9. Can I fit normal wipers? Linea seems to have a different attachment system? Any online suggestions are welcomed.
11. Anyone upgraded horn? I usually install Hella crome in my cars, Is there a space for it?
Thank you in Advance
2 - Check for the elastic pads. This is the one which generally needs replacement. I got it recently replaced in my almost 7 year old Tjet. Cost 4500 for pair along with labour.

3. Check if you can reproduce it. Otherwise, it might just be the fan noise.
4. Linea generally doesn't have this problem. Something must have fallen inside. Check the beadings and get it painted before it extends.
5. Check in manual(I don't remember this). I must say, the auto lamp and wipers are very well calibrated in FIAT and makes life so easy.
6. Blue&Me doesnt plays from bluetooth. It need the usb cable to read media. OS doesn't matters.(PS - I have never updated mine though. Still pretty sure on this)

8. Check with any nearby detailer.
9. Linea's frameless wipers are too good and lasts long. Very easy DIY. Order it from 99rpm.com if you want genuine OEM spares.
11. Space is at premium where the horns are mounted. Check with your FNG for this.

I skipped on few points which I am not aware of. Congrats on the Tjet

Last edited by abhi_tjet : 4th October 2020 at 20:10. Reason: Added congrats note.
abhi_tjet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 22:30   #3322
BHPian

Got the timing belt replaced in my Tjet from FNG - Wings Auto.

Cost - 7K(FASS quoted approx 12K). Power Steering, Alternator belt were also changed along with timing belt. Odometer is inching towards 54K. Two and a half months more for 7 years of ownership.

After effects - I will say throttle response is improved and its more urgent. Pick up seems to have a bit improved and vehicle is revving freely. This is from city driving of 30 odd kms.
Old 22nd October 2020, 17:25   #3323
BHPian

When should we replace the timing belt in TJet? Is it based on no.of km run or the age of the car or the condition of the belt itself?
Old 23rd October 2020, 18:16   #3324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weathered View Post
When should we replace the timing belt in TJet? Is it based on no.of km run or the age of the car or the condition of the belt itself?
As per FIAT it should be four years or 60K kms, whichever is earlier.
If our running is less, I suppose, we can delay it by an year on our own risk.

I don't think any FNG will just take out the belt to check condition. If it's taken out, better get it changed and tuned properly. Also, as per my reply above your post, it's not just one belt but combination of 3 belts for Tjet.

In my case, power steering belt was on its last legs while the others were relatively ok.

Replacement of belt for my Tjet got delayed since I was out of country for couple of years and then the lockdown happened. Hope this helps.
abhi_tjet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 10:04   #3325
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
1. Pathetic low beam, just ok high beams. I checked both bulb on left side and they are fine. Right side does not have access to bulb due to air filter. I need suggestion on upgrade. Dont want to put a lot of money. Can I install higher wattage bulb or should i go for Osram NB or Philips premium bulbs in same wattage? I dont want to take any risk.
Go for projector Fog lamps upgrade for better visibility. Should cost you less than 7k.
Quote:
2. I hear slight rumbling sound on bad roads like the one with bad bushes, Smooth roads it runs like a dream. Do i need to get suspension checked or is it normal. I checked tyre pressure and it was lower at 29, got it corrected. Ride does feel bouncy than my S cross. Yaris is in different league.
Check setting on your own if you haven't. If you properly set OEM recommended it shouldn't bounce. Do check it yourself using a tyre inflator or a pressure gauge. My 16" alloyed Punto bounces when local puncture shop/petrol pump keeps 40 psi instead of Fiat recommended 32. I check for myself and I'm using my own inflator since last 4 years for peace of mind and ride quality.

Quote:
7. Saw Aux cables being sold at amazon for 350 bucks. Anyone tried them? That have a pin attachment to be done at back of system.
Local market sell these Aux cables as low as Rs.20 onwards. Rs. 350 for a Aux cable is high.

Quote:
I strongly recommend OEM ones for their quality. You can order online from 99rpm.com too. Normally FASS has them at their stock. You can call them and get it shipped to your home too.
Quote:
10. What bulb type is in fogs? I could not see details in manual.
Refer point no. 1.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 09:03   #3326
BHPian

My search for low GC rear springs has finally come to an end and my car is now as proper a low GC Linea as possible on a stock suspension

Let me start by thanking PatchBoy for egging me on in my frustrating search, Sidindica for putting me in touch with parts dealer in Delhi who got me a pair of used coils for a very resonable amount, and to Nkrishnap for readily agreeing to fit the coils on short notice.

Driving it home after the fit the I felt an immediate improvement in the ride and now the rear is a lot more supple going over rutted surfaces and expansion joints. The car just feels a lot more planted, and the sideways rocking at low speed that the high GC setup is famous for has almost disappeared.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-high-vs-low-coils.jpg
The difference in height between the High GC and Low GC coils at the rear is a good 20mm. Strangely the Abarth rear coils are the same height as the Linea's High GC coils, but stiffer so the car sits even higher !

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-hgc-vs-lgc-rear-measure.jpg
A good 20mm drop which reduce further on driving.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-hgc-vs-lgc-rear.jpg
You can clearly see the difference in height.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-stance-high-gc-vs-hybrid-vs-low-gc.jpg
This is the stance of the original car vs a low GC front end and a Hybrid rear (High GC coils with low GC struts) vs a low GC setup. For some reason the low GC setup on the facelifted Linea is still higher than the setup that came on the first lot of cars but I'm past getting OCD on this, and am just going to enjoy what I have.

So for those who want to move to a low GC setup, please try and locate a set of Low GC rear coils before you invest in the struts.
keroo1099 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 12:17   #3327
BHPian

My 2011 T-Jet+ has done 110k KM without any issue so far. I have been facing clutch problems since Last few months. It becomes free until 50% push and once became completely free upon push upon which I was not able to engage the gears. Fortunately I was able to bring it back with a few pumping motion. Got it checked at PPS motors in Bangalore. They said the clutch assembly is worn out and they did some beading after which it's working fine. I usually take it on long drives. Is it recommended to get the clutch assembly replaced? They are quoting 16K Rs.

Suggestions please? Should I explore other independent service centers.
Old 1st December 2020, 11:18   #3328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTraveller View Post
My 2011 T-Jet+ has done 110k KM without any issue so far. I have been facing clutch problems since Last few months. It becomes free until 50% push and once became completely free upon push upon which I was not able to engage the gears. Fortunately I was able to bring it back with a few pumping motion. Got it checked at PPS motors in Bangalore. They said the clutch assembly is worn out and they did some beading after which it's working fine. I usually take it on long drives. Is it recommended to get the clutch assembly replaced? They are quoting 16K Rs.

Suggestions please? Should I explore other independent service centers.
Seems that your clutch assembly is nearing its end. It is advisable to get it replaced. While you are doing so, also get the slave and master cylinders changed. Since it is a complex and time taking work, I would recommend getting it done from an A.S.S. or a very competent FNG. Labor charge would be around Rs 3500.
MBond007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 18:35   #3329
BHPian

Can anyone please share pics of Linea fog lamps, I am planning to upgrade to after market ones. The one on 99rpm shows that it's a very different than what's commonly available. Thank you
Old 2nd December 2020, 10:29   #3330
BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone please share pics of Linea fog lamps, I am planning to upgrade to after market ones. The one on 99rpm shows that it's a very different than what's commonly available. Thank you
I have 3" Sinolyn Projectors that I got from Aliexpress over a year ago, and with a modified bracket they look as good as OE in the Linea.

You can try looking up Blaze India on facebook for similar fogs.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-sinolyn-proj.jpg
Thats what it looks like when installed

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-sinolyn.jpg
What I got
keroo1099 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks